Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Tales of Ulvos ❯ Chapter Two: A Strange New Friend ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
We walked through the jungle around the school. If you weren't careful, it would be easy to get seperated and lost, but we both knew this jungle.

I lived deep within this jungle. Strange, right? Maybe even maybe even dangerous for a young mouse like myself. It wasn't like I had much of a choice, though. I had no family to depend on. They were killed in a fire when I was 16. I don't know what caused it took happen either.

Ebony and her family took me in and even when she left her parent's house this year she still didn't mind me living with her. Frost and Lyle helped us build a house out here, pretty close to town and school.

About 3 minutes later, we finally came upon a large opening and there was home sweet home. It was a nice, mid-sized, white house. It had three windows on the front, two sets of windows on both of it's sides, and two in the back. Like most houses, it had both a front and a back door, both painted maroon. The roof was layered with black shingle

I went to open the door, but was stopped by the sound of leaves rustling behind me. Me and Ebony turned to see a large bush shaking and trembling. Someone was obviously hiding in it.

I walk over to the bush, slowly and while doing so, I could hear wimpering coming from in the bush. I stopped for a moment. It sound like whoever it is was either scared or sad. I continued toward the bush. When I got there and looked inside, I did see someone, but...

I looked to Ebony and told her, "Go and get some of your cloths." Ebony was confused, but before she could ask why I told her, "Just do it and also get a towel and the first aid kit." She nodded and ran into the house. I looked back to the person in the bush.

It was a girl of about 17 years of age. She was a light blue Lizard...or maybe a dragoness. She had white scales which started at her nose line curved downward at the end of her jaw, down the front of her neck, covering her chest, on her under arms, covering her stomach area, and ending in between her legs. They were also white in her pointed ears, on the palms of her hands and on the bottoms of her feet. The scales were also very smooth and shiny. She had a pretty short muzzle with one very sharp tooth sticking out of the right side of the muzzle. She had big, blue eyes and very long, silky silver hair that reached below her waist. Her legs and feet were shaped more humanly, but her feet had four sharp clawed toes. Her arms and hand were shaped exactly like a human's. Her tail had to be 4'3" feet long and she herself was 6'10" feet tall. All and all, she had a more than average body that most guys might just kill to see...other than her being naked and badly wounded, as there was a large, bloody, sideways cut lengthing along her entire stomach. It must be causing her so much pain. That's when I saw the trail of blood starting at where she was, then leading further off into the woods. She'd been bleeding out for a while, now. Her eyes were flooded with tears.

I put a gentle hand on her back. That only made her curl up into a fetal position, trembling. She was scared and confused. Who would do this to her?

That's when Ebony returned. in her grasp was the first aid kit and a few towel. She was running to us. I put a hand up, signaling for her to stop, while still facing the hurt girl. She did, confused.

"It's okay. We're trying to help you." I told the girl. She slowly looked up at me, confused, tears flowing down her cheek. When she saw my face, she seemed calmed. Ebony was now behind me. She placed the kit and towels next to me and ran back inside to get the cloths.

I offer a hand to the girl. She began to reach, but paused for a few second. "It's all right. I won't hurt you." I reassured her. She managed a weak smile through her tears and took my hand as I led her out of the bush. "Please, lay down. I need to treat your wound." I told her. She didn't question me. She just layed back flat, hands at her side so that they wouldn't get in the way.

I took the smallest of the three towels and pressed it against the wound, soaking up the exess blood. It was a bit painful for her. Soon, the blood finally stopped gushing from the wound. I removed the towel and started to apply a numbing ointment. "Let this set for a few seconds. It'll make the wound numb so it won't hurt as much when we dress it in the bandages." I explained. She just looked at me for a moment, confused.

She had stopped crying. Then she spoke in a quiet and clear, mid-toned voice. "Thank you...for what your doing for me." She said. I smiled full-heartedly. After a few second I told her to sit up. She did so, keeping her legs straight.

"Please keep as still as possible." I told her. She nodded. Then, I took a elastic bandage roll out of the kit and started dressing her wound, rounding her waist as evenly as possible. It was still a bit uncomfortable for her, but that was only normal.

While I was finishing up, I spoted a strange oval shaped device on her upper arm. It's metal ourter ring was silver and the transpearent glass casing was light blue, like her scales. As I finished dressing her wound, Ebony came back out with a full set of sets of cloths. A light blue, short sleeved shirt with white short pants and a white and pink striped bra and underwear. These were cloths that didn't fit Ebony, because they were a bit too big. I thought she had returned them.

I told her, "Dress into these...your...kinda exposed." Ebony gave her the cloths. The girl just stood there. "What's the matter?" I asked. Then it hit me. She might not want us starring. "Oh! Sorry. We'll turn around" I said a bit embarrased for my stupid mistake. That was made obvious by my blush. We both turned around while she go dressed. After a minute or two.

"I-I'm done." She said, stuttering a bit. We turned around and were astonished by how good those cloths went with her. It was like they were made for her. Though there was one thing. She wasn't wearing the bra. "Sorry. It didn't fit; and also, the underwear are a little uncomfortable." She appologized. I looked to Ebony, who started blushing and twitling her thumbs.

"Th-They were the only other clean pair." She confessed. I opened my mouth to talk, but she interupted and told me, "Don't ask." I closed my mouth, a bit confused. I just looked back to the girl, no questions asked.

"So what your name?" I asked her. She smiled happily.

"Rena." She responded. Rena. What a great name.

"That's a great name." I told her smiling back. "My name's, Saunti."

"I'm Ebony." Ebony said smiling nervously.

Our happiness was abruptly interrupted by a loud crash! We all gasped in surprise. The sound came from the right. We could see an ominous black smoke coming from the direct center of the jungle.

None of us uttered a sound, but I knew we were all thinking the same thing. What was happening over there?