Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Tales of Ulvos ❯ Chapter Three: Black Ashes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3: The Black Ash
(Frost's Point of View)

I awoke from passing out surrounded by a thin black vale. My body jerked as I felt myself choaking. I grabbed my neck in pain as I coughed over and over. Out came out some of what looked like...black ash!

I jumped to my feet looking about at the black veil I now knew as the same ashes from earlier. I needed to escape from this vale or I would soon be infected by it, like the many others!

I started running left as fast as my legs would currently allow. In mer seconds, a huge, infected black mass rushed in front of me and roared it's montrous roar. The roar reminded me of grinding metal. It was deafening! I ran to my right and didn't slow down for anything. I could hear the black mass's thundering foot steps right behind me until I was clear of the black vale of ash.

The black mass had followed me out. I now recognized it as some kind of creature. It's head was the most unusual thing about it. It's upward curving ears were flat at the ends. A sharp, upward curved horn portruded out of the back of it's head. I couldn't recognise what it's eyes and mouth looked like, because they were covered with the black infection, but I could see that the muzzle was middle lengthed. It had the quadreped legs and paws of a fox, but it's claws were much sharper and larger. The body was fox like as well, but it had three spikes on the two shoulders pointing upward at an angle and four spikes pointing downward, also at an angle, and backward. The tail was much like my own. On all fours, this thing easily reach up to 10' feet high. It if were standing, it would probably be 25 feet tall. If it weren't for all the spikes and it's claws, it would have resembled a kilofox.

I got into fighting stance. Then it roared again, but long. It raised a paw and went to slam it down on me, but I dodge out of the way right as it was about to hit me and instead hit the ground making a crater. I rush to it's side and jump at it, then roundhouse kicks it's side as hard as I could. It flinched in pain, letting out a low yelp. I landed, but unevenly. The foot I had just used to kick it was now covered in some of the black ashes on it's body. It was trying spead! I kicked with my foot twice, but the ashes stayed glued to my foot

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw it's paw coming down again. I rolled out of the way as it hit solid ground again, making another crater. I had to use my control of ice now if I was going to stop it's movement.

I charged icy energy into the palm of my hand and aimed at the ground below the paw. I shot a blast of ice energy out at it, hit my mark, freezing it's paw to the ground in a glacier of ice. It tried to free itself, but I thought ahead and shoot another blast at it's other front paw, freezing it to the ground as well. It couldn't turn what so ever now, but it could still attack. It went to try and bite, but it was too slow and I was able to dodge it. By now, the black ash reached half way up my leg and was starting to numb it. I had to end this now. I charge a larger concentration of ice energy with both hands, forming a sphere of energy, but before I could throw it, the creature's tail lashed out at me and hit me. I flew through a tree before hitting the ground and rolling to a stop. I struggle to get back up as it finally freed it's paws from the ice. I was still on my hands and knees when it raised a paw. Just as I came down, I suddenly felt a strong surge of energy and my entire body started glowing white. I put a hand up and stopped the paw from crashing down. Instead of the ashes seeping onto me, they started to burn away, revealing part of the true creature's paw. It's paw retracted as it seem to roar in intence pain. The black ashes that were on my leg was now burnt away by this new found energy. I jumped up at it's head and delivered a hard punch in the middle of it's head. I sent it tumbling back into trees. It stopped a few hundred feet away.

I walked up to it's now visible face. The black infection was completely gone and so was the horn in the back of it's head. Blue fur covered most of it's face, but the fur around it's eyes and on it's eye lids was black.

It began to open it's eyes weakly as it let out a weak cry. It looked at me pleadingly. Then it closed it's eyes once more. It had pleaded for me to remove the rest of the infectious, black ash. I took pity on the poor creature and walked over to it's black ash cover chest. I pressed my hands against it's chest and the black ash began burning away. The Kilofox cringed in pain as the black ash and spikes were being burn off of it's body and when it was completely gone it relaxed into a deep sleep. I now saw it's true form. like most of it's face, most of it's body was covered in blue fur, with the exception of it's front paws, it's hind legs and the tip of it's now normal, large fox tail being covered in black fur.

After I took my hand off of it's chest, I began to feel very tired. The white glow faded away. My world felt like it was spining and then, the next thing I knew I fell down on the ground, on my side. My vision began to blur and grow dark as I saw three figures came into my line of sight, standing in front of me. One was white..another..light blue... the last.... brown.... Then....I saw......only black...........