Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Tales of Ulvos ❯ Chapter Four: The Request ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Chapter 4: The Request
(Ebony's Point of View)

We had brung Frost back home so that we could monitor him. We layed him down onto one of the two guest beds.

I agreed, if not a little arduously, to look after him while Saunti and Rena went to Lyle's house to check up on him. Frost was hurt pretty badly. The worst of it was his cracked ribs, but that shouldn't have made him pass out.

What was even stranger was what we saw him do. It seemed like he healed that female kilofox that followed us here. Although I am still wondering what that black stuff was. It seemed alive...

I shivered as a whisp of cold air hit me from the side. I looked to the left to see that the window was open...

"...But how did..." I whispered to myself. Then a clear, mid-toned, male voice spoke.

"Well It may have helped for you to seal them shut." I jumped as I heard the calm voice that came from behind me.

I turned around to see a man sitting on my mini dresser clothed in a blood red ninja's outfit, without the mask. He was some sort of red fox who had blonde hair with white bangs. He had tired, grass green eyes that seemed carefree. all and all, he looked pretty handsome. His long tail was unusually flat and shaped much like a tie with the end being white. He had to be about 18 and was about 6'2" feet tall. He had two sheithed katana strapped to his side and a giant runic blade. Leaning on the dresser at his side. He was smiling ear to ear.

"The weather is lovely today, is it not, Amor?" He asked. I starred at him in awkward silence while he only continued to smile. ...A spanish ninja...or was this guy some romantic. Then something seemed to click with him. "Oh, where are my manners. My name is Chorus, and you might be...?" He paused. I quickly jumped up and grabbed the broom from the corner, aiming the bristled end at him at him.

"Stay back! I-I'm not afraid to use this!" I warned him, but I was trembling. He had swords! What could I hope to do with just a wooden broom?

"Oh my! It seems I've made the wrong impression. I mean no harm." He said un fastening his katana from his belt and letting them drop to the floor. "See?" He said putting his hands up. I was fairly confused.

"I'm confused... Why come in here armed if you don't want to fight?" I asked, lowering the broom to the ground.

"It's complicated, but I do have a reason for coming here." He said, his eyes now with a look of seriousness and his smile no longer present. "The one who sent me was Empress Samitia Alorona." He claimed in a serious tone, no hesitation in his voice. I was shocked. What would the emperess want with us? "The Empress has requested a meeting with you, Frost Drakoth, Dagart Drakoth, Saunti Hultaph, Lyle Ventora, and your new friend, Rena." He told me. He knew everyone of our names, even Rena's.

"...Wha...What does she want with us?" That was Frost who spoke. I turned to see him sitting up in bed, eyes only partly open and a blank expression.

"Your awake." I said. Chorus got of the dresser, holding the giant runic blade, upside facing down and reaching into his pants pocket.

"I cannot answer your question. I was only told what I have said and to deliver these." He said taking five strange devices, much like the one strapped on Rena's shoulder, out of his pocket and putting them on the table at the side of the table and putting the sword leaning on the side of the bed. The strange thing about the devices is that they had no color to their glass screens. "The sword and the devices alike are now yours to use as you please. Strapping a device to your shoulder with give you immunity to the Black Ash's infection." He then stepped onto the window ceal and looked at us, now smiling ear to ear again and his eyes now back to their tired look as he raised a hand making the peace or 'V' sign. "Now, I bid thee, adue." He finished then he jumped out the window and disappeared into the forest.

We were both silent and a bit confused.

"Well. I guess we need to meet with the Empress, now, huh?" Frost guessed. I simply nodded, then we looked to the devices. We picked one up and looked them over. They had a velcro strap. We strapped one of the devices on as their screens lit up with our main colors, white for Frost and brown for me. He grabbed the sword and leaned it over his shoulder to carry. After all, there was no sheath included. We exited the house, looking in the direction of Verita City. "We need to get to get to Verita as fast as possible. Stay close and don't lag behind, Ebony." Frost told me as he walked on. I nodded and followed close behind.

The Kilo Fox got up and started to follow us as well. We stopped and turn to it. It was wagging it's tail happily. I smiled and looked to Frost.

"Seems like it likes you, Frost" I told him. Frost smiled and chuckled.

"Looks like we're ALL going." He said, then thought for a moment, humming. "Hows about I call you...Azura!" He said. The kilo fox nodded and gave him a big lick. "Heh heh! I'll take that as yes." He said, then we all continued onward to Varita City.

Now, only one question crossed my mind. What was the Black Ash?