Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ When arranged love becomes true! ❯ The beast and the prince. ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When arranged love becomes true.
Chapter 19
The beast and the prince.
 
He was staring straight into golden eyes without any pupils or reflects. His body was grinning wickedly at him. Fresh blood was dripping down his lips and chin; his fangs were sharp as a blade. The beast approached the young prince and stared above his shoulder at something behind him. Making sure it was safe to leave the beast out of his sight, the stared around in wonder. It was plain darkness everywhere around them. Just when turned completely, he saw two persons holding each other. When he recognized the blond and black hair, he ran to his parents.
 
He saw his father smiling at him lazily as he used to do, still holding his wife tightly against him. He heard his mother whispering his name, but it finished into a terrifying scream when a clawed hand pierced through both their chests. Gold eyes appeared as his father's became totally black and lifeless. He let out a desperate grown. Not a loud one, just a desperate signal sent to who-knows-what. Unwanted tears rolled down his cheeks as he stared into his own golden eyes, the beast grinning evilly as he licked the fresh blood from his claws.
 
“-It was you fault right?!”
 
The voice was rough and husky yet not menacing. The beast didn't move his lips but somehow, the prince just knew he talked, It wasn't the first time he met his other half in this dark place, last time though, he was still a child.
 
“-Why am I here?!”
 
The beast seemed surprised by the question but the wicked grin returned to his features.
 
“-Because neither of us is in control of the body right now…
-Wha…?!
-We're unconscious, in the darkest part of our mind, the memory. It's been a long time…”
 
The prince stared around him, various people and situations of his past appeared and disappeared before his eyes. A particular scene caught his attention and he approached the persons slowly and silently. He stared at the image of the first kiss he shared with Lyra, the sweet taste of her lips coming back to his mouth.
 
“-I want to see her again!”
 
The beast kissing the girl snapped his head in the prince's direction, who took a step back in surprise as the picture of the princess vanished.
 
“-Why?! To get her killed like the other?!
-Stop interfering in my life bastard!
-WE'RE TWO IN THIS BODY!!YOU'RE NOT ALONE SO STOP ACTING AS IF I DIDN'T EXIST!!...I can feel your feelings just as you can feel mine.”
 
Indeed, this was the curse of his blood; two personalities, two souls sharing the same body. The beast haunting each and every generation of his family was the price to pay for his ancestor's mistake. When he was born, his blood was free of any curse, but as the time passed, sadness, despair and anger developed a second person inside him that took every thing. Every tear that came, the beast dropped it; every growl of anger, the beast emitted them.
 
But like every other cursed man in his family, Kohaku just ignored it and pushed it aside of his mind, instead of accepting it as a part of him, angering the beast more and more. To get revenge, it most often turned the man against his loved ones as it takes control of the body once it is strong enough. Kohaku's half had become stronger by the time he passed with his step-father and finally took control of his body devastating him.
 
“-Why do we suffer for the mistake of a man that lived five hundred years ago?
-I'd like to have the answer, honestly…”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The princess just stared at the unconscious man lying in a big bed in the center of the room Nathanyel accepted to lend them for the time Kohaku didn't wake up. She turned to the men talking behind her and listened as Mokuba asked the man she had freed many questions.
 
“-Thank you for your help, it would've been a catastrophe if you hadn't interfered. But may I just ask who are you?!
-I've been living in here for all the time I have lived. Before dying, my father gave me that medallion, saying that it belonged to someone who needs it to find an answer. So I wore it every day, making sure someone who would recognize it could see it, but when the new king saw it, he imprisoned me in the dungeons. I've been here for six months long… and without the young princess; I would've stayed there much longer.”
 
The man gratefully smiled at Lyra, making her blush in the process. Nathanyel then chose this time to enter the room. A smile was plastered on his face.
 
“-Where's our step-father?!
-Gone without a trace, I am terribly sorry we couldn't find him to bring it back to you though…
-It's okay, at least you're all safe now, how's your mother?!
-Quite ill, but now that he cannot stop her from seeing a doctor, she'll be fine.”
 
The sound of rustling sheets made the entire group turn the eyes in Kohaku's direction and when he opened his eyes, it was to ask:
 
“-Where is he?!”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I guys!! I'm sorry I didn't write all summer long… But it was too hot and I was too lazy, I saw my friends and my boyfriend as we celebrated Christmas on August 26th.
Yes, I know, but the weather wasn't nice on the 25th…But anyway, I had a lot of fun this summer (Except the moments I was at work…) And I sure am sad to go school.
Secondary five Baby woooo! (For those who don't understand, in Québec education starts with primary school with six long years, then there's secondary, five tiresome years… Then there's cegep and University for those who want to go… I admit I don't know much about the system about Elementary school and High school, I don't know if it's the same but, anyway…
Hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't be shy to tell me…
 
Ja!!
Super_burnin_DD -xox-
 
 
 
 
3