Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Flower ❯ Chapter One - The Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Phew! What a day." I said in my usual, mid-toned voice.

I sat on the, soft, park grass and leaned against a big oak tree, hand behind my head.

Yep! That's me, alright. Just your regular, everyday guy. By the ways, the name's Andre. I got Short, Light brown hair styled back, grass green eyes. My face is nothin' special. A few freckles on my cheeks, like most guys these days. Tan skin, because i'm always outside, due to my parents being old fashioned. I guess I'd say I'm pretty well built, curtousy of my army Sargent of a dad. I wore a white shirt under an old fashion country style coat with the sleeves rolled up over my elbows and some blue jeans with brown work shoes, but that wasn't my work uniform. Just somethin' I kept from my old home. I'm about 6'5" feet tall and 17 years old. My parents own a rodeo, and let me tell you, my dads a regular jar head. He's got the medals to prove it and will not hesitate to do so. My mother is the regular ol' farm girl. How the two met, beats me.

From all my other siblings, a bro and three sisters, I'm the most 'city' of them all. I moved out at the age of 16 and life's been pretty good so far. Sure, It's only been a few months since school, but I'm DAMN glad it's over. Finaly! Away from most of those judgmental nut jobs. Other then the ones I'm stuck workin' with in the Music shop. Can you believe the shop's actually called 'Sterio Central'. Sounds like a radio channel to me, but that's only a temporary job.

I can tell ya', I don't plan on workin' here for long. I'm plannin' to go into a more hands-on job, not just stayin' couped up in a store all day. I could never really sit still for that long and sometimes found myself wondering around when it was slow day.

Today was just horrible. Three people got in a fight over some dumb Hip-Hop cd. It was the last one. I ended up having to kick them out of the store, since security was out on break. I got repremended for that for peat sake!

....Anyways. I was just loungin' aruond, minding my own bussiness. I decided to take a little nap. Now what I wasn't aware of was that I wasn't alone.

After about an hour, I felt something brush against my nose, making me sneaze. I forced my eyes open by instinct to see that bundles of flowers were all around. You could say they even burried me. I shook the flowers covering my face off and looked at the other flowers that covered me. I raised a brow.

"Where the heck did all these dang flowers come from...?" I asked.

I slowely got up, making the loose flower fall off of me and back to the ground. Some still clung to me, but I just dusted them off. I then refocused my eyes to the front and found myself staring into a pair of big blue eyes!

"Whoa! What the-" Was all I could manage before tripping backwards and then...

Conk!

I hitting my head on a large, low branch. I fell back down against the oak tree, holding the top of my head where the branch hit.

"Yay! Hailey's magic trick worked!" An exited female voice shouted. I looked back up to see somethin' I thought was impossible.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Right in front of me was a naked teenage girl who seemed to be covered in a thick layer of orange-red fur. Their were some lighter shades of fur on her mou....err...short muzzle, down the front of her neck, covering her C-Cup breast, leading down to her stomach area and ending in between her thighs. She had big, foxy ears and a big, long, fluffy, fox tail. She seemed to be staring at me with those gorgeous, big, blue eyes, smiling innocently. She was conciderably shorter than me at 5'2" feet tall and from the looks of it, she was 16 or maybe about to turn 17. I had to admit, for someone who probably wasn't human, she had a beautiful figure.

"...Err...Uhm..." I was at a loss for words. My face was as red as a tomato. That was my one weakness. I couldn't talk to cute girl...even it that girl is part fox, and especially if that said girl is...naked.

"Your funny..." She paused and then tapped me on the shoulder. "Tag! Your it!" She yelled, then turned tail and ran into the woods to the right

"....What?" I whispered. Looks like I missed a spot of light orange fur in the shape of a heart completely covering her...bottom.

....Wait...she ran into the woods!

"Ah, Crap!" I shouted, jumping up and racing after her. Running into the woods in Autumn!? That girls either mental or nuts! It's bear season!

I stopped after a minute, breathing heavy from my high speed sprint. I looked around for the girl in a panic. "Wild Flower! Where are ya!?" I shouted to the sky at the top of my lungs. "Ugh!" I grunted, dropping to my knees. "It's no use. I'll never find her in the-" Is all I could say, before...

"Yay! I win!" the girl said, hanging down from the branch of a tree, upside-down.

"Ho-Holy crap!" I scream, falling backwards onto my butt. "Stop doing that!" I yelled to her. She didn't seem fazed by my tone. Then a dragonfly swooped in front of her face that seemed to catch her attention.

"Buggy!" She yelled, jumping at it and reching for it, but reguardless to say, she missed and ended up landing on top of me, face in my chest. She looked up from my chest, no longer smiling, but clueless. I was blushing. "Your all red and sweatty." She said, a smile back on her face.

After she got off of me, I sat up and stared at her. She only kept smiling, returning my stare. I could keep my eyes from wondering down to her breasts. I blushed, then smack myself on the forehead.

"L-Listen..." I stopped, taking of my country coat off. "Could you please put this on." I told her. She took it from me and did so. At least she did that. "Now tell me. Who are you...and WHAT are you?" I requested.

"Mr. Neuro calls me 'Hailey'. It's a code name. And I'm a Nano Surfer." She said.

"Who's this... Mr. Neuro? And what you mean 'Code Name'? And what the heck is a Nano surfer?" I asked her.

"Mr. Neuro's this biiiiig advanced super computer." She said, stretching her arms out to her sides to simbolize 'big'. "And I just call 'Hailey' my code name because...b-because...." She paused, her attention drawn by a fallin' leaf to the side of her. Her smile slowly disappears as the leaf touched down on the ground. "Why do they fall like that? Are they dead?" She said bending over and poking it. I just ignored that I had a perfect view of her um...bottom... and scooted over to her side, looking at the leaf.

"Well yes...and no. The leaves shed in Autumn. I think it has something to do with how cold the weather is, or maybe something to do with the sun. I can't quite remember why it happens. It just...well..Happens." I explained. That's when her ear perked up and she looked at me, sitting back up.

"Oh! That reminds me, I gots something to show you." She said. I hummed in question.

She led me out to a wide open space by the edge of the woods. It looked much like an olympic swimming pool area, but their was no chlorine in the water, nor were there any bowies to separate the swimmers. There weren't even numbers marking the depth of the areas. But there was something you woundn't find in any ordinary body of water. A massive, sophisticated, advanced-lookin', hydroelectric generator. It didn't look like it had just been built, either. This had all been sitting here for a while, judging by how the grass grew through the cracks in the ciment rim of 'pool'.

What the hell was this doing here? And how could I have missed it during my recent hunting trips? Hailey came running over to me from the side of the generator, holding what looked to be high-tech jump suit. It was a little sinjed in some areas, but it was recognizable. When she got up to me, she presented the suit to me.

"This is what I was in when I woke up. It was tight and very itchy, so I took it off." She explained. I took it from her examining the designs more thuroughly. It looked a little too sophisticated to be just some sort of jump suit....wait...

"Whats this?" I said, discovering what looked like a code or cereal number. # H@!137. I raised a brow in confusion. "What the hell kinda messed up code is this?" I questioned.

"It says 'Hailey'." Hailey told me, smiling. I looked at her confused...but then I looked over the code once more and was astonished. It seemed that the code simbolized her name!

I then spotted something on the shoulder of the suit. A label of some sort. 'Property of NeuroTECH' in big, bold, computerized lettering. This 'Mr. Neuro' seemed to have his name in the label. There was some sense to what she told me after all! Perhaps all of what she told me so far WAS true!

...All of it...

I hummed in question as I noticed an odd pattern on the back of the suit's neck. I turned it over and saw what looked like a hole with four high-tech lines leading to separate oval circuits, which were damaged and scourched, coming from the hole... No way... Did she have a...

"Hailey. Turn around and lift your hair. I need to check something." I told Hailey.

"Okay!" She said, turning around and lifting her hair out of the way of the back of her neck. There it was. It was what seemed to be a slot for a jak rimmed with copper. There were many black lined coming from the slot, going no further than an inch at most.

"Damn! Doesn't that hurt?" I asked her reaching to it to feel it.

"Nah! It jus-" Is as far as she got before I actually touched it. Then she froze up, eyes wide. The lines coming from the slot lit up to a light blue for a moment after I withdrew my hand. Hailey collapsed to the ground, sprawled out. I gasped in shocked eyes wide.

"Shit!" I cursed, crouching down beside her and feeling for a pulse on her neck. It was slow, but it was there. I then flipped her over and put an ear to her chest. She was unconcious I could here slow breathing. I pulled my head up, elevating her onto my knee, shouting, "Hailey! Hailey, wake up! Hailey!" No response. I put her back down and opened one of her eye lides. Her eye was faded and light blue lines seemed to be going to her now light blue pupils. "What the hell?" I whispered softly. I let the eye lid close. "Dah! Forget it! I gotta get her home. It's the only safe place right now." I thought, lifting her up onto my arms. I then began to run back the way I came.

After 5 minutes of none stop running, I was bout ready to give up, but then I saw an opening. I went through it and found myself back in the park. It was easy to spot my dark blue, four doored Ford F-150. I ran over to it gasping for air. I opened the back seat door and placed the passed out Hailey on the back seats. I closed the door and ran around to the driver's door, search my pocket for my keys and taking them out as I opened the door. I got into the driver's seat and put the key into the egnition, turning and hold them in place until it started. Then I quickly put it in drive and drove out onto the road, going about 50, 5 over the speed limit.

As I drove down the high was I was constantly thinking about what happened back there. Why did one touch on the neck make her faint like that? Was it from pain or from some other strange cause?

All of what she told me so far both did and didn't make sense. The more I thought about it, the more complicated it seemed. I looked back at her as I came to a clear, straight way...

"...Hailey...What are you?"