Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Flower ❯ Chapter Two: The Deal ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was now close to dusk.

As soon as I got home, I got Hailey out of the back seat and walked to the front door. tried to see if I could free one of my hands to open the door, but no luck. Luckily, I had a room mate who should be be home. Let's just hope he's awake.

I lifted on of my legs into kicking position and slammed my foot on the door twice. Then I called out, "Rick! Get the door!" I heard a snort or two, his usual reaction when waking up from a deep sleep.

"Oh uh...Andre? Hang on, man! Be there in a sec!" He shouted back in his slightly higher voice. I heard some faint thumping before finally the door was opened.

I looked at Rick a bit surprised that he got to the door in less than a minute. Rick was your regular pretty boy, but he wasn't obnoxcious at all. He was well mannered, but lazy when you left him alone. He says it's far too boring when no one was around, so it was like his brains turned to mush and he couldn't think of anything to do, but that's just anther way of sayin' he's lazy. He had blond hair with deep, blue eyes. He had light skin with absolutely no skin blemishes. He was wearing a white, sleeveless shirt under a blue and white stripped shirt and had on khaky pants with his favorite black Nike shoes. He was always smiling when a girl was around, like he was right now.

"Oh, Andre, you sly dog. Why didn't you tell me you and a hottie were involved." He teased. I blushed a hot pink with an irritated look on my face.

"Damn it, Rick! Not now!" I told him in an uproar.

"Whoa! Easy bud. I was only kidding." He said putting his hands up with panic written across his still smiling face.

"Dah, forget it. I don't have time to mess around." I told him, bypassing him and heading to Zoe's room. "She just passed out in the forest and I couldn't bring her to a hospital. Who knows what those nuts might stick into her, being that she isn't human." I continued.

"Oh! so she's an Anthro like Zoe then?" He guessed. I stopped at Zoe's doorway, looking down at Hailey.

"I guess she is. That's the only thing I can guess, but for some reason that didn't seem to go together well with that suit she told me she found herself in. I think she may have been some kind of experiment or somethin' in that category." I explained. His looked turn to confusion when he heard 'jump suit'

"What Jump Suit?" He questioned. Then it clicked into my head that I left the damn jump suit back at that generator area.

"Ah, crap!" I yelled in frustration.

"What!?" Rick yelled in panic, his smile wiped completely off his face.

"I forgot the damned thing in the woods!" I exclaimed.

"Well we don't need it do we? I mean, it's just a suit. Right?" He asked. I opened Zoe's room's door and turned on her lights, walking to the bed.

"Normally I would agree with you there, but the suit had a lot of important lookin' things on it, like a code and company label. Maybe we can find out somethings about Hailey if we can research the suit's origins." I told him, placing Hailey in Zoe's bed. He thought for a moment, then looked back to me.

"...Alright. We get the suit and then come right back... And also, her name's Hailey? I thought you said you found her out cold in the woods, but from what you just said, it seems like you left out some dets." He said. I turned around to him as calmly as I possibly could right now.

"Look I'll tell you the rest while we're in the truck, so until then, Patience." I told him a bit irritated at the moment.

After putting Hailey under the covers, we quietly walked out of Zoe's room and to the front door. I got my keysout again, getting in the driver's seat and Rick in the passenger's seat. I started the truck and and drove out onto the road again, heading back to the city.

===========================

While we were out of the house, Hailey had finally woke up, eyes snapping open now back to normal. She sat up abruptly, throwing the sheets and blankets off of her.

"Hello?" She yelled out. After a moment she climbed out of bed and opened the door, wondering to the front door. When she tried to to open it, the knob would turn. I had locked the door. I figured she would wonder out if I didn't and I didn't think she knew how to unlock it, being that she didn't seem to be bright about the outside world.

It turns out, I'd been right. She didn't understand how the lock worked, so she gave up eventually and went into the living room. It was furbished with a white, rug floor and had three comfortable, cushioned, reclinable chairs facing a 34-by-28 inch plasma screen T.V. on a dvd styled display.

She sat down on my chair, which was maroon in color. She seemed to like it as she soon found herself feeling it's soft fabrics.

"Coezy!" she blurted out, then she discovered the t.v. remote. She was curious of the power button, so she catiously pressed it and the t.v. came on. It was playing a movie on FX called National Treasure. She looked at it and cued with amazement.

===========================

Back with Me and Rick, we'de once again reached the park and traveled through the woods back to the area of the Generator and the jump suit, only to find that strange men in grey, guards' armor carrying Machine guns and rifles had surrounded the area in some sort of search. We hadn't been spotted yet, so we hid behind a large oak to figure out our next move carefully. We'de obviously wondered into something over our head.

I took one last look at their numbers.

"There's more than fifteen for sure. Not good odds if they turn out to be hostile to civilians." I whispered to Rick, then turned to him, to see him in anxioty.

"Dude. What the heck did you or that girl get into?" He whispered back.

"Like I told you in the truck, I don't know all the details, just that I woke up to her, covered in flowers, chased her into the forest, gave her my jacket and she led me to this generator and showed me a fancy ass suit. Then I touched the slot in the back of her neck. She fainted. I drove home. And here we are now. Now can we focus on NOT getting killed today." I told Rick, keeping calm.

I could see one of the guards holding the suit in his hands, examining it carefully. Well at least we didn't have IT to worry about anymore.

Then I saw something that caught my eye. A guard passing close by, his should facing us. I could make out a label. Property of NeuroTECH. I started to get suspicious. Exactly what was NeuroTECH? Some kind of company...or a secret facility. Come to think of it, I haven't even heard of such a company, so I'll go with Secret Facility.

By this time, I could make out a guard with black armor and a red shoulder pad, marking him out as the leader of the search party. He was talking with the one who found the suit, just loud enough to where I could barely make out what they were saying.

Rick had finally had enough.

"Dude. I think we've seen enough. We should get the hell out of here before we get ourselves caught." He reasoned. That was the logical thing to do, but then again, I ain't very logical. I handed him the truck keys.

"Go get the truck ready. If I'm not back within fifteen minutes, burn rubber like there ain't no tomorrow." I stopped and turned to him finishing. "Got that burned in?" I asked, a serious look in my eyes.

"...Okay. Try not to die on me." He said, sneaking away slowly and carefully, the taken of running when he was far off enough. I turned back to the black guard talking to the grey guard, tuning my ears to their conversation.

"...have gotten away, sir." I could hear Grey said.

"Tell everyone to fan out and search the area for the girl. 'Hailey' must not make outside contact or our Facity will soon be compromised. Do not harm any civilians. Don't even let them spot one of you. I want that vixxen captured and delt with quietly." Black said in a deep, russian voice. I hid back againts the tree

"Shit!" I cursed in a soft whisper. So they ARE after Hailey. I had to get out of here.

I quietly stepped back and snuck away from the area. I was surprised I didn't end up pulling a movie cleche' while I did so. I guess they are very perceptive. I began to run as I got to a safe distance, not bothering to look back. I knew what I had get moving. If I was caught, it wouldn't just be an 'Okay! Just don't let me catch you doing it again' moment. Little did I know, I was wrong. Someone was following me.

I got back to the park area, quickly spotting my already running truck. I got into the passenger's seat since Rick already took the liberty of taking the driver's seat.

"Drive! I don't wanna take any chances that they followed me." I told Rick. He shifted into drive and got on the road.

It was a twenty minute drive home, but we got there without any problem. We got out and locked the doors. We then walked to the front door, Rick in front of me. He turned to me.

"Dude...I ain't gonna lie...That was TOO close. And that black dude was....." He stopped, frozen like a statue and as white as a ghost. He didn't move; didn't make a sound.

"...Rick?" I said.

"And what about this...'black dude'." Came a deep, russian voice...The black guard's voice I turned and saw the black guard, standing a mer yard away from me and Rick. "How's about we talk about it...inside." He recommended. I glarred at him with burning hatred, while Rick slowely pulled out the house key, put it in the key slot and turned it left. If you listened closely, you could here a click from the lock being opened....wait...is it just me...or could I hear the thumping of loud music?

Rick opened the door, only to be welcomed by blaringly loud music. I swear that had to be 'Old Time Rock and Roll'

"Eh heh heh! ...Hailey seems to have found the sterio...and the surround sound function....I-I get her to shut it off..." Rick said slipping into the house. There was a moment of silence between me and the black guard.


After a few minutes, we were forced inside the house with the doors locked and sat down at the dinning room table...yea...I actually have a dinning room. Weird, huh? We all sat down. Although, Hailey sat indian style with her hand in her lap, ears down and quivering. She was obviously afraid of the guard.

The black guard remived his helmet, revealing his black eyes, pale skin and spiked red hair. He had a cocky grin on his face.

"Oh, no need to be frightened. I'm not going to kill you...unless you don't cooperate." The black guard told us, but his eyes were fixated on Hailey, who now scooted her chair closer to me and hugged my arm for comfort, leaning her head onto it. She looked like she was about to break down in tears. "But I'm curious..." He paused eying Rick. "What did you make me out to be, friend?" Rick flinched. He took a moment, then made an angry grimace, looking at the floor beside him. "Fine. I tried to make conversation, but have it your way." He said. Then he stared back to me. "Lets discuss my terms." Black said. I growled silently. "You will speak of nothing that you have witnessed today, including the search party, the generator and of course, this conversation. If you so much as try to tell ANYONE, you will both be terminated. Now...the girl. Hand her over." He told me. I looked to Rick. He had a serious look in his eyes, slightly nodding his head, no. I looked back at him, a cold expression on my face.

"No." I answered. He clenched fist and his smile was gone, and he drew his gun.

"Listen friend, don't try to be the hero. It neve-" Was as far as he got before I cut him off.

"I heard everything and I also know that you can't kill civilians. We're in a neighborhood. Any immencely populated area. Even now, when your the one holdin' the gun, you can't kill me, because It would expose you and your facility." I told him. I could see his teeth clench. He knew I was right...reguardless, he aimed his gun at Hailey, but before he could squeeze the trigger, I got out of my chair and got in front of her. He took a moment, the lowered his gun.

"Very well. She may stay, but breath a word to anyone about today and I will make sure I am the one who ends you." He told me, then got up and walked to the front door, opening it, then turned his head. "Good luck with your future endevers." He said, then walked out the door, slamming it closed on his way open.

I looked at Hailey, who was looking at me, with tears that were now fludding down her cheeks. She jumped at me and hugged me around the waist, crying into my chest. I closed my eyes. I put and hand on top of her head. I reopened my eyes and looked to Rick who had gotten up and was behind, that serious look still gleaming in his eyes.

"So...what's our next move?" He asked. I only had one thought.

"I don't know, man... I just..don't know."