Other Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ On the run ❯ Guilt ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I was up and flying towards the door before Kyle could even realize what was happening, it wasn't until after I had barged out the door that I could hear Kyle call my name. I ignored him and started off at a brisk pace down the old lane. For some reason I have always been able to think better when I'm walking down a street or road. Although, I wasn't doing any thinking tonight. Oh no tonight my thought consisted of insults.
 
The berating of myself was cut short when I heard footsteps walking behind me. I knew who it was already; just by the way he shuffled his feet. And the way his breath was near silence.
 
It's funny the type of things that you can learn about someone when your stuck inside a country house out in the middle of no where Ireland. But then again it's even funnier the things you can learn about someone you hate.
 
Therein lays the problem. I fear I have spent to much time with Kyle, cooped up in that dirty old house. Our once hateful fights had somewhere in the last 3 months turned into something more… and yet something less. The venom that had been in our voices was dulled and over laid with hints of teasing, and dare I think it even friendliness.
 
My thoughts seemed to drift away into nothingness when Kyle finally managed to catch up with me, which was a great feat seeing as how my legs were longer than his.
 
We walked side by side for a moment in silence, the grasshoppers were out singing and somewhere in the distance I could hear a coyote cry to the moon. No matter how relaxing it may have been, you could still cut the tension between him and me with a very dull knife. So it was probably better that he spoke up, instead of lingering in the awkward silence.
 
“Sorry about the water.” I could tell he didn't know quiet what to say by the way he hesitated. Almost as though he wanted to say something else.
 
Looks like it's up to me to address my loss of control. Here it goes.
 
“You have every right to kill me this very second, you know that don't you? After all why keep me around, especially if I lose control again. If you killed me you could use my death as a get out of jail free card when the Valtonies find you.” Kind of pathetic really. Here I was standing in the middle of an abandoned lane offering both him and me an easy way out. And when I brought my head around to look at him my gaze was automatically drawn to a large bandage stuck on the left side of his neck. I flinched.
 
Guilt washed over me in waves and I had to look away. But my head turned back immediately when I heard his soft reply.
 
“Bullshit, I don't want you taking any glory just because you gave your life for mine. I mean come on what are you? Gay? Besides who will be there for me when I want to piss somebody off if your not there. So I am sorry, oh so very sorry to say that you must stay.” His voice was light and feathery and I immediately recognized his hidden offer to forget all about my control issues. Needless to say I took that offer up pretty quick.
 
“Oi! Watch it turkey brain, or I'll tip another bucket of ice water over you as soon as you fall asleep. And trust me you have to sleep sometime. And just who are you calling Gay, your sound more gay then I do. Dumbass.”
 
He seemed to smile for a brief minute, knowing everything for now was okay, and then his common scowl made it's way to his face.
 
I watched as he huffed down the road yelling all the obscenities about me he could think of just loud enough for me to hear every word. I couldn't stop the smile that Crept onto my face when Kyle, being to caught up insulting me, stubbed his toes on a rather large rock and yelled out.
 
“GOD DAMN YOU! YOU STUPID ROCK I'M WALKING HERE! WHEN WILL THE PAIN END?”
 
I watched him hop all the way back towards the dim lights of the house.