Other Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ On the run ❯ Easy way out ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mean while I decided to stay out a while longer to clear my head and maybe watch the beginning's of the sun rise. Surprisingly not many people know that vampire's can in fact go out in the sun. We just don't often because the lack of blood balance often changes our eternal clocks. Setting our sleeping time for the day time and vice versa.
 
The silence was comforting, allowing me to comprehend the situation for the umpteenth time since I met Kyle. But every time I got thinking about it, I realize that there is nothing to think about. We are in hiding, together. We're just going to have to deal with it.
 
I still really wasn't sure what had happened tonight. Never before had I craved human blood. I'm not that kind of Vampire. Actually my non-human blood status was the thing that had caused this mess in the first place.
 
Guess I should explain my lineage and the Valtonies.
 
The Valtonies are the biggest vampire clan in Italy. They are also, unfortunately, my family. My mother, Tryst, was the Valtonies leader's wife. Again unfortunately the Valtonies are against the whole non bloodsucking vampire thing; which is exactly how I turned out. Imagine to my fathers surprise when I rejected my first feeding and became deathly ill. Of course the whole family was appalled by my mere existence. My father immediately order my execution, and they almost succeeded, if it hadn't of for my mother I would be dead right now. She made away with me at the last possible moment so that nobody would notice while they prepared the Drainer. The Drainer is a medieval device me family uses to kill a fellow vampire. Life went normally, besides being a vampire, for the next 17 years. And then my father finally found us. My mom didn't make it out alive, and ever since, for 3 years I've been on the run.
 
Kyle's story is similar to mine, his mom was a vampire. His dad, a vampire hunter. Yeah not the best combination. They both ended up dieing in a battle against my family, and Kyle has been killing my kind since then. Just a little over 6 months ago he went to far and killed a direct member of the Valtonie family. Someone had spilled my location to him and he came knocking on my door. Asking for shelter from my own family. I agreed.
 
Thinking of my past always made me sleepy. So I decided to skip the sunrise and actually go to bed early, for a vampire that is. I was just about to jump off the rickety wooden fence I had sat on without thinking when, heard my name whispered from the dark.
 
Looking around I was confused to find that there was no one. At least no one that I was aware off, unless of course the government had finally developed brains and created some kind of invisible device. Yeah that'll be the day.
 
Still not sure I called out in my quietest voice, I called out quietly because I wanted a reason to actually check my self into a mental institution-voices in my head.
 
“Oi. Voices in my head I thought I told you to shut up.” The voice confirmed my suspicions that it was in fact not a voice inside my head when it laughed. Normally the voices don't laugh; they make a smartass comment like “your brain still looks as empty as it was when we visited regularly, what did you do? Send all your brain cells to the hospital?” God I hated it when they talked back.
 
“I have information concerning your family's progress in their search for you and the human whelp. Don't bother looking for me, you wont find me.” Like a snake on the wind the voice slithered past me, and yet I still could not make out the direction the voice had come from.
 
“Your family is on their way here right now, they have finally found you. Run. That is all.” I had a strange sense of emptiness in the air as soon as those words had left the mysterious voices' mouth.
 
I spent the next 5 minutes looking for the source of the snake like voice before I gave up. It was at that time that I allowed the words spoken to sink in. Of course I didn't believe him… it…. Whatever the owner of the voice is. But I also knew it wasn't impossible. After all I had been found once before. So much for getting to sleep early. All the way back to the house I pondered what to do. I came to the decision to pack an emergency bag tomorrow night after Kyle went to bed. I wasn't going to tell him about any of it until I was absolutely certain that we were going to indeed be on the run again. Boy, he'll love that.
 
I swung the kitchen door open with force, causing my, what was it those girls called it- ah yes, causing my face eating emo hair to stir. Yeah if you ask me those girls were on something.
 
The majority of the house lights were still on, and I couldn't help but think that it was because Kyle was afraid I would return with a thirst for blood. Exhaustion overtook me by surprise as soon as I neared the bedroom. Damn my body and it's supernatural ability to know when I'm near a bed.
 
I pushed the door open silently and was greeted with the sight of Kyle half way off the bed and half way on. His upper half was teetering dangerously over the edge, and his lower half was up by his pillows. Guess that explains why Kyle is so slow, his brain is in his feet. Honestly it's the only explanation.
 
I slipped into the other side of the bed silently, my weight sinking the bed slightly.
 
Although I detest sleeping in the same bed as him, after all he is a Dumbass, but I just couldn't miss it when he would finally fall off the bed, with or without my help. And if I slept somewhere else then I wouldn't get here quick enough to see him actually fall. So I'll stick it out with the emo monkey.