Other Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Daimonion ❯ Daimonion:Chapter Eighteen ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

You stand there as you feel your whole world crashing down; crushing you completely. This isn't happening! I'm dreaming. You tremble in disbelief and guilt. You were too stunned to even breathe. This is all my fault.
"Hello?" Linda's voice pierces through you like ice shards.
"I'm here. I'm going to go now," you whisper; your voice cracking from the tears that are starting to film your eyes.
You slowly put the phone down on the charger and back up until you softly collide against the wall. Falling to your knees you let out a loud yelp as tears splash from your eyelids. You cup your face in your hands and scream.
You hear running through the hallway. The footsteps stop to you. You feel two hands slide around you, "What's wrong?"
You try to calm down and breathe heavily. "My...my mom," you mutter.
"Oh God, what happened?" Jason asks.
"She's been in an accident; I must get to the hospital," you force yourself through the choking feeling in your throat.
He lifts you by the shoulders, "I can't let you go alone."
You nod and start out the door while Jason follows. You stumble, limply; lifelessly. You thought of nothing, just letting your memory lead you.
Before you knew it, you passed by Jason's house. "Wait, I'll drive you," he says before you pass it.
You turn and walk to him. You follow him to a black Mustang in the driveway. He opens his door and waits for you to get in the passenger side. You open the door and sit down. Pulling your legs in and shutting the door. Jason climbs in on the driver's side and starts the car, turning the radio down and pulls out.
You wait silently the whole trip and finally you reach the parking lot. Jason finds a place to park and stops the car. He looks over to you and you back at him, "I can stay here if you want."
"No, please go in with me," you say, your eyes pleading for comfort.
He nods, saying softly "Okay, I'll go."
You get out of the car, Jason opens his and locks the doors. Than he gets out of the car too. He walks to you as rain starts to patter on the concrete.
He wraps an arm around you and leads you to the doors. You all walk in and head for the front desk.
A large lady with dyed blonde hair looks up at you, her features all coming together in a circle on her round face. "Can I help you?" she grunts rudely.
You snarl, your eyes slanting dangerously at her. "My mom was in a car accident. Now if you will excuse me I'd like to know where I can see her. Thank you," you growl ferociously.
"What's her name?" she says in a polite tone. On the inside you were smirking, how she thought that you could be talked to how she wants. Funny.
"_____ _______," you say.
"She's in room 435," she notifies you.
"Thanks," Jason says before giving you a chance to speak.
As you both were walking away you grumble, "Rude bitch."
Jason smirks, "I agree."
You both reach the elevator and Jason presses the button and it opens. You walk in; Jason coming in behind you.
You pick the floor and wait until it stops. The doors open and you both walk out and head to the next front desk. An elderly man sitting there smiles at you and Jason. "May I help you?" he says sweetly.
"Yes, I'm here to see _____ _______, can we go in now?"
"I'm sorry, but she's having a few tests done. If you are willing to go in the waiting room, I'll let you know when you can see her. Are you family?"
"Yeah, I'm her daughter," you say.
"Well, I'll be sure to let you know when you can see her," he smiles warmly.
"Thank you," you reply and walk into the waiting room. You walk in front of the window down Jason finds a place beside you.
You stare out the window and watch the rain cascade onto the earth. You see a streak of lightning and the lights suddenly go off. You then hear sirens again. Then you see another streak of lightning crash against the ground just a few yards away, you scream and fall back hitting the ground. The whole room fading to pitch black.
"Jason!" you yell out, sitting up.
"I'm here," he says as you feel a hand on your shoulder. The lights flicker on and off as you turn to see Jason next to you.
You look outside to see the lightning taking over the sky rapidly. You stare in utter fear as the thunder roars loudly over the sirens.
You tremble and back up against Jason. "I've never seen anything like that before," he says.
You can hear everyone behind you running rampant, nurses and doctors scattering all over the hallways yelling.
Suddenly, you see a funnel form in the distance out of the window.
You and Jason quickly stand and run out of the room. He must've seen it too. He takes your hand and leads you through the hallway, the lights keep flickering and you both are forced to push through patients and the hospital staff. You can see Jason was nearing the stairs, you stop yanking yourself from his grip, "No!"
"We must go now!" he warns.
"Not without my mom!" you run through the hallways yelling her name.
Suddenly you hear a faint cry, "_____."
"Mom! Keep yelling," you say stopping. Jason running up behind you.
"_____!"
You follow her voice and run into the room. You scurry around the equipment and find her lying in a bed, "Mom, we have to go. There's a tornado!"
Then it hits you then hear a loud, unbearable sound. An extremely eerie whirling noise forces you to clap your hands over your ears. "Get her out of the bed, we must leave now!" Jason yells.
"Oh, God!" you cry out with the screeching of the tornado. Suddenly the window shatters and shards fly all over the room, piercing your, your mother's and Jason's skin.
The wind bursts through the window, throwing you back against Jason as you both hit the floor hard. You look to see the tornado making its way to the side of the hospital. Now you knew this wasn't just a natural disaster, the existence of this tornado was through something much more powerful.
You see the bed with your mother laying in it start to move, your mom barely conscious. Flailing her bloody arm with shards of glass embedded in her skin.
You stand and force yourself up against the wind and grab her hand, "Mom, if we want to live, we need to get out of here!"
She looks up at you helplessly, and starts to sit up. But the wind was too strong for her weak, drugged body to sit up.
You turn to see Jason starting to stand, his eyes glowing white, he growls loudly showing perfectly sharp looking fangs. "I command these winds to stop!" he shouts.
You look back out the window, squinting your eyes as the wind lifts the pressure in the room and you watch the tornado pull back up into the sky as the clouds start to clear.
You give a sigh of relief as you look down at your mom her conscious was starting to fade.
Suddenly you feel intense fury coming from inside of you. You turn to look at Jason and growl through clenched teeth, "How dare you!"
"_____, I'm sorry. I couldn't let you know," he says.
"Don't bother," you say in a deepened, fierce tone.
Jason nods and turns and walks away. You watch him leave as a nurse races into the room, pushing Jason out of the way. Jason turns looking at her dangerously.
She makes her way to you and your mother; pushing you aside. "Is she all right?" she asks.
"I don't know!" you exclaim in anger.
She tugs at your mother's arm who is blacked out. You look out the doorway for a few moments until you see a passing doctor. He turns seeing you and rushes in.
"Are you okay?" he asks making his way up to you.
"I'm fine," you say, looking down noticing your bloody arm. Before he can see, you tuck it behind your back.
He nods and looks over to your mom then back at you, "You should go home and rest for the night."

You nod and take one last glance at your mother. Than make your way out of the room, paying no attention to the pain or the glass still stuck inside your arm. It couldn't matter; you've been through enough mental shock today to even bother paying attention to something as weak as physical pain.

You make your way out of the hospital and outside and walk past about twelve foot of rubble. Odd. The whole city should be in pieces! Something is certainly going on but I don't want to stick around to find out without my demons, you think to yourself. It was starting to get dark so you rush home on foot.

Finally, you make it. Arriving at the stroke of Midnight. Walking into the cool, dark house you lock the door behind you and to be safe, you push a chair in front of it.

You go into the bathroom and clean your wounds, picking out piece by agonizing piece of glass. You take out the peroxide in the cabinet and open the lid. You hold your arm over the sink and brace yourself, and quickly you dump enough to cleanse your whole arm. You whimper as it soaks into the cuts.

When the burning stops, you wash your arm and bandage it then head for your room.

You change and lay down. Flipping on your stereo with the remote. In a few minutes, you fall asleep.