Other Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ Journey of the Moon and the Sun ❯ Looming Danger ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Thank you all who have reviewed this or favourited my story. I'm sorry it's taken so long, but I've finally pumped out a chapter! Since this is from an old RP back from 2008 back when I was an avid Wolf's Rain fan, this is where you can start to expect a familiar character showing up. After this though, it's all just Norse mythology, with some famous characters from the Norse myths and some of my own characters of course. :D

Having some technical difficulties on MediaMiner...
_______________________

Luai was sitting when Nualk woke up. He looked at her, the wolf's head craning up and staring at the ceiling of their temporary abode.

"Luai?..."She blinked and turned her head to look at him, her gray-blue eyes staring at him.

"What is it, Nualk?"
Nualk stared transfixedly as Luai growled and stood up, climbing out of the hole and into the floor above.
Nualk blushed and stood up."L-luai! Wait!" He called as he climbed up after her.

Luai leapt in front of him and snarled, startling Nualk and causing him to fall backwards and roll down into the basement floor. Their laughter echoed in the house as they both shook the dust out of their pelts.

Nualk stood in his wolf form beside her.
"Do you think that we can..." His voice was a deep growl. The words blurred as she fixed her attention to something else. Luai had her ears up and stared out beyond him, where she could see shadows of men. Quickly, she put his jaws in her mouth, to quiet him.

"There are men outside..."

Luai let go of his mouth and gestured for him to follow. Nualk quietly paced after her and both retreated to their basement home.

Luai chuckled. "Our food source became afraid and left."Nualk let out a smile. Humans almost discovered them. Did they hear me? Both of them could no longer hear anyone in the floor above, but the scent of man still lingered. Both were obviously frightened and cuddled close, even though the danger had passed.

That night was a restless one. Their ears were assailed by a harsh high-pitched noise. Nualk whimpered as he stared at Luai, who was seemingly more affected by this. Her howls and yelps frightened him, she was in pain, and he couldn't do anything about it.

~*~"We are above them, my Lady.""Excellent... Send my soldiers to retrieve her."

~*~"L-luai! Stay quiet, I hear someone!"Luai tried to quiet herself, but was still faintly whimpering. The noise wouldn't go away. The lab, the experiments, the noises. Scenes in her head skipped around. The forest. Running. Soldiers. Soldiers everywhere. "I-I... I can't take this anymore!!" She howled loudly as she ran out.

"L-luai!" Nualk quickly stood up and ran after her and cowered near the entrance of the basement as he saw various lights flashing and heavily armored men on the first floor. They immediately spotted Luai as she ran out and directed their giant shields towards her. A large sonic blast erupted from their shields. The wave was strong enough that Nualk was knocked back into the basement, unconscious.

Luai was knocked out, her body lying on the stone floor. A guard grabbed her hind leg and dragged her out. Using both of his hands, he lifted the wolf and tossed her into a cage.

"This is Squad 29. We've got the wolf. Copy.""Alright. Head to the Keep, Squad leader.""Roger." The guards all quickly rushed to their vehicles closing and stowing their weapons, as they drove to the large tower in the center of the city.
Converting /tmp/phpy5ylYS to /dev/stdout