Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ A Proposition ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6: A Proposition
Vitani ate a quick meal with the pride before leaving. She told no one of her plan and was hoping to sneak away unnoticed. Of course, this was to no avail. Kovu had noticed her walking away from Pride Rock and strolled over to her.
"Hey, Vitani, where are you going?" He said with a soft tone.
Vitani thought fast. "Just out walking. My legs were falling asleep."
"Oh, well don't go too far." Kovu said. "I don't want you to get hurt. Maybe I should walk with you."
"No that's okay, Kovu. I'll be alright."
"Well if you insist. I'll see you around." Kovu said a little skeptically, turned around and headed back to the Pride Lands.
"Goodbye, brother." She whispered while walking in the other direction knowing she might never see him again.
After Kiara went to see her father, she and Kovu went to see Timon and Pumbaa's grave. Kiara cried, and Kovu pretended there was something in his eye. After paying their respects, the two of them went off to have a bit of training. They figured they needed to be fit if they were going to hunt down the rogue lion in a couple days.
"Hey, Kiara? Remember when I taught you a little bit about hunting?"
"Of course."
"Today I am going to teach you how to run."
Kiara pouted. "I know how to run!"
"Oh, you do? Let's see it."
"You've seen me run before." she said raising one eyebrow, feeling foolish.
"I guess you don't want to learn…" he taunted.
"Fine!" Kiara growled.
She steadied herself as Kovu watched. She leapt off and sped about one hundred feet. When she stopped, Kovu was sitting there.
"Woah! Am I really that slow? Kiara asked.
Kovu nodded.
"Physically and mentally." He teased, laughing.
"Why you….!" Kiara leapt at Kovu, pinning him down. Kovu quickly pushed her off and pounced on her. They had a small tumbling battle and finally Kovu had Kiara pinned down hard. Kiara couldn't budge him.
"Okay you win. Get off." She said.
"Hummmm... I don't think I will." Kovu said playfully.
Kiara struggled to get him off but she still couldn't.
"Hey! Get off, Kovu!" She said with a laugh.
Kovu ignored her, looking around and humming a tuneless song.
"Hey," she said again. "You're mean!" She added in a childish tone.
"Hey now, you brought this upon yourself."
She nipped his wrist. He pulled his paw back and then said sarcastically.
"Ouch, that hurt! Bad princess. Bad!" He teased.
Since there was less weight on her Kiara rolled over to the side and was free of Kovu's pin. She started running and laughing when Kovu pounced her. They tumbled laughing. When they stopped tumbling, he licked her forehead. She nuzzled him.
"I thought we were training." Kiara whispered.
"We were." he replied and kissed her again.

The rogue's trail was easy for Vitani to follow. His blood had dropped behind him as he walked. As Vitani followed the trail, she spotted places in the grass where the lion collapsed to rest. She could smell his scent until it got stronger and stronger. She traveled for sometime but soon she saw him. She ran over to him. His eyes were closed but his sides were steadily going up and down.
"Hey." Vitani said.
One of his eyes opened and looked at her. Recognition flashed in his face. He remembered her from when she had called out to him earlier that day. He closed his eye.
"Oh. It's you. Pride Lander. What do you want? Don't you hate me for killing those morsels?"
Vitani sat down. "Actually, I never liked them. It was our king who loved them dearly."
"What do you want?" The lion repeated, very annoyed. His eyes were now open.
"I came to warn you that our king and our pride are coming to kill you for what you've done. If your trail was easy for me to follow, then it will be even easier for them to find you."
The lion didn't jump at the news. He just calmly closed his eyes. "I'm in a lot of pain and I can't really run with this bad of an injury."
Vitani looked at his neck. Through his big black mane, she noticed the blood stains. The hair was clumped together in places where the blood had dried. Fresh blood was still seeping out.
"So you're just going to let them kill you?"
"Nah, I guess I'll fight a little. More honor dying on your feet."
"No." Vitani said. "You need to get better."
"Why do you care? Who am I to you, and for that matter, who are you?"
"My name is Vitani, and I am here to help. I have a proposition for you. I'll help you with your wounds and help you get away, if you mate with me."
"Mate with you?" He almost shouted.
"My most desperate wish is to have cubs." She said calmly.
"Why don't you mate with your king?" he said very annoyed.
"He has a queen."
"Well than, mate with that big brown lion!" he said not caring.
"That's my brother."
He rolled his eyes as if to say how picky!
"I just wanted to find a rogue and finally have cubs!" becoming desperate.
"Who says I'm a rogue? I am actually a prince of my pride. And happen to be in love with my wife back home."
Vitani gasped. She hung her head. She was totally crushed. Vitani hadn't planned on him already having a mate.
"Oh." She said.
"But," He said feeling a little bad for her. "If you help me with these wounds, I'll ask my father to let you join our pride. There are many males in our pride. There's a few I know would be glad to help you have cubs."
Vitani thought for a moment.
"I will help you with your wounds, but I decline joining your pride. I'll just stay in mine." she sighed. "Well, what's your name?"
The lion scoffed. "I don't even know you, don't think you can trick me into getting friendly with you."
"Fine. I'll go get some herbs." Feeling stung, Vitani trotted off to a nearby tree that had plants growing at the bottom. She learned from Mairu how to make medicine for bite wounds or deep scratches. Vitani found the necessary items and started to go back to the lion. She wished he knew his name.