Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Can We Have Cubs? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9: Can We Have Cubs?
Kovu arrived at the den first. Then Simba and then Kiara. Some other lionesses were already there. A few of them were comforting Vitani. She was awake and was wide eyed.
"Vitani!" Kovu cried as he dashed over to her, "What happened! Are you alright?"
"I-I'm sorry." she stuttered, "I had a nightmare. S-silly isn't it? Sorry to disturb you all."
The lioness that was standing beside her put her paw on Vitani's forehead.
"Vitani, do you feel sick? I think your fever is gone." she stated.
"Will you be okay?" Simba asked.
"Yeah...yeah I'm fine. I really just want some water."
"You and you...uh...what are your names?" Simba said pointing with his paw at 2 lionesses that used to be outlanders. He was still in the process of getting to know his new lionesses.
"I am called Jika." The dark peach lioness said roughly.
"And I am Toni." The yellow-ish lionesses had a gentle voice in comparison.
"Jika and Toni, please escort Vitani to the waterhole." Simba ordered.
The two nodded and escorted Vitani out of the cave and to the direction of the waterhole. Simba sighed and shook his head.
"She really scared me. I thought she was hurt." he said.
After everyone calmed down, and when most of the cave was empty, Kiara went to her dad.
"Daddy, your coat looks so handsome today!" she said.
"Aw, thanks Ki-" he stopped. A look of realization crossed his face. "Okay, what do you want?"
Kiara laughed nervously.
"Daddy, can Kovu and I have cubs?"
Simba jumped. His eyes widened.
"You...w..want cubs? well...Kiara.."
"Please!" she begged.
"Kiara...I just...uh... don't know. I...have you...?" he trailed off and made the end of his sentence a question.
"Daaaaaaad! You're embarrassing me!"
Simba thought for a moment.
"Let me think about it." Simba concluded ending the conversation.
"That's not fair!" Kiara screamed. "I shouldn't have to ask! I'm the princess!"
At Kiara's shouts, Nala came running.
"What's going on?" she asked in a sharp tone.
"Daddy won't let me have cubs!" Kiara told Nala.
Nala looked at Simba. He shrugged. She looked back at Kiara and said,
"I'm sure he doesn't mean ever. It's just, well Kiara, you're too young."
Kiara was appalled.
"What! You were young when you had me!" she whined. She gaped at them for an explanation, and when she didn't get one, she made a noise of disgust, and sped off. Her parents sighed. Nala walked over to Simba and sat by him.
"What a rebellious daughter we have." Simba said as they watched Kiara look for Kovu.
"I have a solution to this problem."
"You do?"
Nala leaned over to him and whispered in his ear. He nodded.
"I've been thinking that also."

meanwhile-

Vitani lapped up the water graciously. It felt greatly refreshing on her parched tongue. She started thinking about the lion. She had not heard any news on him at all. Today they were supposed to attack him.
"So is Simba taking all of us to find that lion?" Vitani prompted Jika.
"Oh, don't you know? We went yesterday."
"Yesterday? Simba must have been feeling well enough. Did you find him?" Vitani knew they hadn't. She knew the lion was safe at home.
"No, we didn't." Jika said. "He was gone. Simba found where he rested and also discovered that someone helped him. Simba was furious!"
"Oh." Vitani said. "How unfortunate."
Vitani smiled in her head. He was safe.
"Thanks for escorting me, but I now I feel like taking a nap. I would like to soak up some rays." Vitani said to her pride mates.
"Will you be okay by your self?" Toni asked.
"Yes, I'll be fine."
"Okay, well have a nice rest." Toni said as both lionesses walked away. Vitani laid down. She had no real intention of sleeping. She waited until they were gone. When their lithe figures had become nothing but blurs, she stood up. She walked for a while in the opposite direction of Pride Rock, then sped up into a run. Her paws hastily covered a lot of ground and soon came upon the place where the lion lay wounded the day before. Vitani looked at the spot in the grass. She could see where he rested his head. Vitani laid in the indention in the grass. She sighed.
"This is pitiful." she said aloud.
"What is?" A voice from behind her asked. Vitani jumped. She quickly turned around and came face to face with the handsome lion from the day before!
"You!" she gasped. "What are you doing here? You know if they catch you, they'll kill you!"
"Yeah, I know. I was...uh...out walking and I saw you here. I just wanted to say hello."
"Oh, well, hello. How are you wounds?" Vitani asked with care.
"Fine. Jana said that the wounds-"
"Is Jana your wife?" Vitani spat. Vitani was obviously jealous. The lion decided to change the subject.
"Why did you come here?" he asked softly.
Vitani looked at him and then looked at the ground.
"I...I don't know." she admitted.
Suddenly, there was a distant roar.
"Eep! better go!" the lion said. The roar was probably someone from his pride. The lion turned and trotted off.
"Oh, and by the way," he said over his shoulder, "My name is Tome."
He then sped home. Vitani smiled.
"Tome." she whispered.

A/N If anyone is wondering, Tome's name is pronounced Toe-Meh. Two syllables. Thank goodness I finally told you his name. I was getting tired of calling him the lion.