Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Lets Meet Again ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 13: Let's meet again
The next day, the sky was overcast. Vitani paced around pride rock, lost in thought.
Should I go to Tome's Place today? Has anyone noticed that I've been leaving? I feel so excited! Tome keeps coming to see me.. well I think he's coming to see me. Maybe the story about him having a wife wasn't true, and he's actually starting to be interested in me... I must go to see him today. Maybe I'll join his pride afterall...
Vitani's pacing and thinking was interrupted by a voice.
"Vitani, what are you doing?" It was Kovu.
"Oh, just thinking."
"About what?" Kovu could tell she had been distracted lately. Maybe she would finally open up and tell Kovu where she had been disappearing off to.
"Um, nothing." She said. Nervously, she thought of a reason to escape the conversation. "Sorry Kovu, I have to go, I think I'm supposed to help the hunting team today."
Vitani quickly padded away, out of Kovu's sight. Kovu sighed, and knew very well who was on the hunting team today... and Vitani was not among them.
Vitani used this moment to run from the pride lands as quickly as she could. She tried to stay low in the tall grass so that no one would see her. It took a few minutes of running to arrive at Tome's place. She sat in the usual spot and waited. It didn't matter how long it took for him to come; she would wait for him. Vitani felt so comforted and at peace when she was there. She didn't feel bothered by the fact that someone was bound to find out what she was doing. Nothing mattered but Tome.
Vitani heard some rustling behind a nearby tree that had tough bushes at the base of it. A tall yellow lion stepped from behind it.
"Tome!" Vitani called. "I knew you'd come."
Tome looked nervous and embarrassed. At home, Tome felt something was.. off. Something just wasn't right. For the most part, he had married Jana to please his parents, since they had betrothed them at birth. But this girl... Vitani: There was something different about her. She was special. It made his head spin.
"Vitani... why did you come here after I told you to stop?"
"I came to see you." she said simply.
Tome felt so different when he was around her. Even though he'd only known her for a few days, he felt she had changed his life. She certainly had saved his life when she healed his wound and helped him escape.
Tome walked over to Vitani, stopping just a few feet short of her. Vitani felt her face becoming hot with a blush. She looked into his eyes, and saw a deep concern for her, as well as confusion. Vitani had nothing to say, so she briefly nuzzled him with her head. When Tome didn't pull away, she stepped closer and pressed her body on his. She had never felt the great warmth of love before; it made her feel dizzy with happiness.
"You know, Tome, I'm thinking about joining your pride after all."
"You can't do that." he said.
"Why?" Vitani asked, pulling her head back to look in his eyes.
He looked deeply into her eyes for a while, then said
"Because I don't want to be there anymore..." he hesitated. "Do you still want to run away together?"
Vitani's eyes widened as her heart leaped. Is he asking what I think he's asking...?
As if to confirm her thoughts, Tome closed his eyes and shortly nuzzled Vitani's neck.
"Yes." Vitani answered.
"Let's meet again... tomorrow. Just after midday. Then we can leave." Tome never felt so strongly about something, or someone like this before. He felt his pride didn't matter anymore. He had felt like nothing but an outcast there in the first place. His father could find another heir to replace him.
"Oh, Tome, it'll be wonderful."
The two only spend a few more minutes of silence, just enjoying each other's company. They had to go their separate ways so both lion's prides wouldn't notice their absence. As Vitani went back to pride rock, her feet felt light as air. She was floating on a cloud, completely blissful. It didn't matter what they said when she arrived home. Vitani did feel bad to have lied to her brother, but he nor anyone would understand her great need for love and affection that Tome would give her.
I can't wait until tomorrow!

A/N: I'm glad Vitani has found her true love, aren't you? Stay tuned!