Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Time With Thresh ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 21: Time With Thresh
It was foggy through out the day. Kanai and her cubs were taking a nap. Toni was talking with Kiara. Thresh was napping.
"How long do you think they'll be gone?" Toni asked referring to the rest of the pride.
"I don't know." Kiara sighed and lowered her head. "I miss him already."
"They'll be back before you know it. Hey I know what'll cheer you up: technically, you are queen right now!"
Kiara's ears perked up. "Hey, yeah, that does make me feel better. That means you have to do what I say."
Toni scoffed. "Good luck getting me to do anything."
They shared a laugh.
"I have a secret. I think Thresh is so handsome." The yellowish lioness said quietly so only Kiara would hear.
"Wow, Toni." Kiara said slightly astonished. "You sounded like a flirty adolescent."
"Well, don't you think he's cute?"
"Thresh?…I don't know. I'll just stick with Kovu. Who is the most handsome lion I've ever seen."
"Yeah, he is." Toni agreed.
Kiara and Toni giggled. After their laugh, Toni yawned. Her roar like yawn echoed through the cave.
"I think join them and take a nap." Toni said tossing her head in the direction of Kanai and her cubs.
"Okay."
Toni got up and moved over to where Kanai was sleeping and laid by her. Kiara didn't feel tired. She felt kind of excited, but kind of sad. She felt slightly lonely without Kovu around. She wondered if this is what Vitani felt before she left. Vitani... Kiara missed her too. But at least she had someone now, and was probably a lot happier than she was in the Pride Lands. Was she pregnant? What if something bad had happened? Kiara hoped that wasn't the case. No one knew what Vitani was up to and no one would ever know, unless Vitani came back. Kovu said she promised to return, but would she keep her word?
Then it hit her: What if we lose someone in the war…what if mom doesn't come back….or dad. What if…Kovu doesn't come back…
"Thinking about him?"
Kiara jumped at the sudden noise. Kiara looked at Thresh who was several yards away. He was lying down, and had his eyes closed, but it was obviously him who had spoken. She walked over to him, and then sat down.
"How'd you know?"
"You looked worried." he said with his eyes still closed.
"Kinda obvious, huh?"
"Yeah."
He then opened his eyes. His eyes were nice. They were a deep drown with hints of green. She could now see why Toni thought he was attractive. Then Kiara remembered his wounds. She looked at his arm, which was, yet again, bleeding.
"Thresh, you're bleeding again."
"Really?" he said looking at his arm. "I thought that monkey healed it."
"Aparently not." Kiara laughed. "I'll go get some medicines from him."
"I'll go with you." he said getting up.
"No, you stay. You might make it worse."
"I don't care. I don't want anything to happen to you." he said softly.
Kiara hesitated, slightly confused by Thresh's soft tone. After a moment, she said okay, and they left. After a few minutes of slow walking, the big tree came into view.
"Rafiki? Are you there?" Kiara yelled into the tree.
After only a moment, the mandril's face popped out from behind some branches.
"Yis? Ah, Kiara and Thresh. Wat is it you want?"
"Thresh's wounds have re-opened."
"He should not be up." The mandrill said.
"I told him that but he-"
"I wanted to go with her for protection's sake."
"Here are some herbs I have pre-made. I figured this would happen." Rafiki pointed to a large leaf with the medicine on it. He walked over to in and pushed it toward Kiara.
"Put dis on your wounds every few hours. Only a little will do. You'll be surprised how long it will last." he said to Thresh.
"Thanks Rafiki." Kiara said looking at the mixture of crushed up leaves and juices. It was a sick orange color.
"I will help you and carry it to de den for you."
Rafiki carefully picked up the large leaf, and then they were off. The walk was silent. It wasn't long before they reached the rock. They climbed the stair-like steps and went into the cave. Kiara noticed that her friends were still sleeping. Thresh and Kiara then turned to Rafiki and watched him gently set the leaf on the ground.
"Dare. Dat should hold you for a while. But don't move around! Dat will make it worse."
"Thank you, Rafiki." Kiara said politely.
"You are welcome, Kiara." And with that, Rafiki bowed, turned around and left. Kiara and Thresh were alone again.
Kiara bent down to smell the medicine. It didn't smell good. She also had a feeling it wouldn't feel very good on wounds either.
"Will you help me put it on, Kiara?" Thresh asked, sitting down.
"Sure." she said kindly.
She dipped her paw in the goopy medicine. Thresh turned his arm to her. There a few puncture wounds with a bit of blood dripping from them.
"This is probably going to sting." she said gently placing her paw on the wound.
"Doesn't it always-ow! That does sting!"
"Haha I told you."
Kiara rubbed her paw over the infected area.
"Thanks a lot, Kiara. I'm so glad your dad decided to help my pride. That other pride did quite a number on us."
"Of course we helped. What were we supposed to do, leave you to die?"
"Hm! I'm glad you didn't."
Kiara smiled as she finished rubbing in the medicine.
"Okay, I think your arm is finished. Anywhere else?"
"There's a small scratch on my forehead."
"Uhh…okay." Kiara said hesitantly. She re-dipped her paw in the medicine.
"I wonder why he can't just do that himself?" Kiara thought.
She awkwardly got closer to Thresh and put her paw over the small but visable scratch on his head. She blushed slightly.
This is awkward... she thought.
"There." she said quickly. "All done."
She shook off the remaining medicine on her paw, then stepped back from Thresh.
"Thanks." he said softly.
"Sure thing!" she tried to say cheerfully, though she felt kinda weird. He gave her a flirty smile. Kiara smiled back.
What is with him?