Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ The Dream ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 22: The Dream
After a few more minutes of talking with Thresh, Kiara decided to take a nap with Toni, Kanai and her cubs. Kiara was kind of glad since Thresh had begun to give her an awkward feeling. Kiara wondered if it was just her, or was Thresh flirting with her? But she was married! What should she do? She wished she could wake up her friends to ask them, but that would have been rude. She decided to ask them later.
Kiara layed next to her friends, and tried to go to sleep. There was so much on her mind. She really missed Kovu, her mom, and her dad. She wondered what they were doing and if they were all okay. Simba had said the trip there alone would take a couple days. How long were they going to stay at the Mountain Pride Lands? How long would it take to chase out the intruding pride? Kiara eventually drifted off to sleep with all these thoughts in her head.
Her mind fadded into a dream. She was running. Running fast. From what or to where, she didn't know. She was fatigued, but she had to keep running. Stopping wasn't an option. She could just feel there was somewhere she needed to be. She didnt know where, or when she'd get there. All she knew was that she had to run. She seemed to have been running for a long time when she stopped. It was here. This is where shewas supposed to be. She could feel it.
Kiara looked around. It looked wierd. There was nothing, and yet, at the same time, there was everything. She was unable to differentiate between the sky and the ground since they were melting together with swirly black and grey colors. It was odd, and mesmerizing, but that was not what Kiara was looking for. She looked around some more.
"Where is it!" she muttered franticly. Her voice echoed. It bounced off the swirly walls and echoed loudly. Her own voice reflected back at her seemed to mock her. Kiara took several steps foward. And a few more. Then she saw it.
Her gasp echoed off the walls like her words did. What she saw horrified her. She stepped closer. It was gruesome. There were bodies...many.
Kiara walked up to the closest one. She looked into the face of her mother. Blood was all over Nala's once beautiful face. Her eyes were wide in dead fear.
"No!" Kiara sobbed. "Mom!"
Kiara pawed Nala's body. "MOM! Wake up!"
She then got a glimpse of of red mane. Afew feet away was her father. She leaped over to her father's side.
"DADDY!"
Daddy...
Daddy...
Her echoes screamed louder than she did, still mocking her. Her father looked just as gruesome as her mother. Claw marks covered Simba's face. Dead.
"No..." Kiara murmered, tears were beginning to fill her eyes.
Bodies...bodies everywhere. It was her pride! Her friends...All were dead. But wait...where was...
She saw him. He was laying down with his back to her. His tail lay limply. She ran closer to him.
"NO! KOVU!"
She got to him and with her paw, turned his head toward her.
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" She screamed until her throat screamed back. She tumbled backward at the sight. She kept screaming until she woke up.
"Kiara! KIARA!"
She snapped awake and flew to her feet.
"What! What? Where am I?" she cried.
She looked around frantly to only see Thresh, Kanai and Toni standing infront of her, each with huge concerned eyes.
"My God, Kiara, you were screaming!" Toni said.
"They were dead! They were all dead Killed! Kovu..." She lowered her head. "His face..."
She sobbed.
"It's okay, it was just a dream." Thresh said soothingly as he got closer to her and hugged her tightly. She hugged back. She just needed to feel close to someone, it didn't matter who. The dream had horrified her deeply, and she needed someone to comfort her. The remaining images haunted her as she cried onto Thresh's warm shoulder.