Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Worrying ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 24: Worrying
Kanai had finally made it to the cave. Tali and Mani were crying in fear.
"Are you two okay?" she asked them frantically.
"Yes, Mommy." Mani said meekly.
"And you Tali?"
She nodded while she slightly shook.
"We'll be safe here, My darlings."
"Mommy, you're bleeding!" Mani pointed out.
Kanai looked at her body. It was only a few bites and scratches.
"This is nothing, dear, I'm more worried about Kiara, but she told me not to go back."
"Stay here, Mommy!" Tali said.
"Yeah, I'm scared!"
"Okay, okay, I'll stay. I think Kiara had it under control anyway."

meanwhile-

While Kiara was in her trance, she made easy work of the hyenas that had blocked her path. They had already been wounded, so it didn't take much to knock them out, or get them running. There were a couple hyenas left who were about to attack Kiara, Toni and Thresh, but Kiara gave them a look that said "You're next!" The hyenas' faces struck a look of horror, and then they bolted. Kiara smiled as they ran.
"And don't come back to my lands!"
She laughed. Adrenaline pumped through her body. The rush of battle felt great! This was the first Battle that she had taken part in, not counting the small bout she had with Zira. Kiara walked over to Toni who was panting. Thresh walked over as well.
"Are you alright?" She asked.
"I think I'm okay." Toni said looking over her body. "What about you, Kiara, you're covered in blood."
"Most of it is the enemy's. I'm okay, let's go back to Kanai."
All three lions started back. A bit of a crowd had gathered, consisting of giraffes and zebras. Some were whispering and looking at Kiara. She heard someone say, "Where's the rest of the pride?" and "They are all alone…"
Thresh started shooing the crowd. "Okay, nothing to see here, all is well, away you go." They sneered at the rude lion, and left slowly. Thresh walked beside Kiara. He looked at her. She had a worried expression on her face.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"They know."
"What? They know what?"
She looked at him with her ears laid back in sorrow and partial guilt. "They know there's only four of us here! My father said to lie low, but now we're even more venerable for attack."
"Oh." Thresh said as he understood. "No ones going to attack us, don't worry. Especially when we kick butt like that! You were awesome! I didn't know you could fight like that."
"Neither did I."
Soon, they arrived at the rock, and then went into the den. Kanai was licking her cubs.
"Kanai, are you alright?" Kiara said, walking closer to her.
"I'm fine, Kiara, but what about you? What if your cub was damaged?"
Toni stepped in.
"Kiara, you and I should not have been fighting. We could have lost our cubs!"
Kiara looked at Toni and said, "And what's worse, they all know we're alone. Attack could come often. We're in danger!"
Kiara heard Tali whimper. Kiara turned to Kanai.
"I'm sorry, Kanai, I didn't mean to frighten them."
Thresh stepped in. "No one will attack. I am pretty strong; I can fight away our problems. Don't worry, Kiara."
"Thanks, Thresh, but I still don't know if we can be safe here. My father told me…I should have listened to him! I should have just stayed in the cave like he said to. It's all my fault this happened, I'm so s—"
"No, Kiara, it's my fault. I took my cubs out. They saw us." Kanai said. "It's my fault." She repeated.
"I should have told you to say in! It goes back to being my fault." Kiara said in distress, then turning to Toni and Thresh. "I'm sorry I got us into this mess. I put us in danger."
"Stop it, Kiara, It's no ones fault. It just happened. We can't stop it now. It's already happened." Toni said. "It's over now, and all of us will stay by your side. Won't we?" She glanced at both Thresh and Kanai. They nodded. Then Mani walked up to Kiara.
"I'm not scared! I know you can handle it, Kiara, I saw how brave you were."
Kiara smiled and put her paw on his head. "Thanks, Mani."
He smiled too, and when Kiara took her paw off, he ran back to his mom.
For the rest of the day, they all stayed inside. No one went out for food that evening. They decided to hold off going outside for a while. Kiara was still worried. Would there be another attack? Stronger this time? Kiara deeply hoped Kovu would come home soon. It had been a week. Surely they had made it to the Mountain Pride by now? She really missed her family, and hoped each would be okay.