Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Kissing Kiara ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 25: Kissing Kiara
The next day came quickly for the lions waiting at Pride Rock. The four lions and two cubs hadn't left the cave all night or morning. Thresh, Kanai and Toni felt sore from their battle with the hyenas the day before. Each had a few deep stinging wounds, and some small scratches, but there was nothing serious. Thresh's wounds had opened up again. Kiara felt bad that his wounds kept re-opening despite all her attempts to keep him still. Before they went to sleep the night before, each lion put on the medicine that Rafiki had given them. He had been right; it did last a long time. Kiara was having pains as well. The small wounds all over her body didn't hurt much at all, but her lower stomach was very agitated. She hoped nothing was wrong with her cub, and wished Mairu was there to check. She made a mental note to ask Rafiki what he thought the next time she spoke to him.
Kiara regretted having been so reckless, but she hadn't known what to do when instinct took over. She was just lucky her adrenaline and loyalty to her friends caused her to fight harder. Still, she should have thought of her cub. Or maybe Simba should have left them another lion. Then Kiara mentally slapped herself.
"Or you shouldn't have sent Kanai to go back to the cave!" She thought, "She was fully capable to fight! Really dumb! You are going to suck as queen." She told herself.
Seeing Kiara's distress, Thresh walked over to her from the other side of the cave.
"Are you okay, Kiara?"
"Yeah, I'm just thinking of my blunders as queen so far." She said in self hate. Thresh sat down beside her. He was about to open his mouth to talk, but Kiara, who was lying down, stood up and continued ranting.
"I am so stupid! How could Daddy trust me like this? I am such a…"
She couldn't even think of words to describe herself. She shook her head and let out a frustrated grunt.
"Well, Kiara—"
"I sent Kanai back to the cave and told her not to come back to help, how stupid is that?" she said quickly, and then went on. "She was the most captable lion out there, since Toni and I are pregnant, and you already had wounds. She could have helped more. What an Idiot I am. I am going to crash and burn this pride as queen. My dad will be so disappointed, and I'll go down in history as—"
Suddenly, Thresh leaned over and licked Kiara on the cheek. Kiara stopped talking immediately, with her eyes wide in shock. She could feel a furious blush coming on.
"I think you would be a great queen." Thresh said like the kiss was nothing.
Kiara did start blushing, closed her mouth and lowered her eyes. Kiara couldn't think of anything to say, and turned bright red.
"Um…" no words came to her head. Should she thank him? For the compliment of course… He did say she would be a great queen…but what was with the kiss! She blushed more. Thresh chuckled.
"I must have embarrassed you. I'm sorry. I think I am going to talk to Kanai about some food. And stop beating yourself up, okay?"
And with that, he turned and went to where Kanai and her cubs were relaxing. Once Kiara was alone, she plopped down, still in partial shock.
"Oh…my…gosh…" she muttered quietly. "What do I do? What was all that about? He knows I love Kovu…"
Kiara only got a few more moments to think it over before Tali and Mani walked over to Kiara.
"Hi, Kiara!" Mani said enthusiastically.
"Hi guys."
"Mom's going out to hunt, so you get to watch us." Tali said.
"Oh, okay." Kiara chuckled, trying to push away the thoughts of what just happened, and how much of a pickle she was in.
"So, Kiara…" Mani said.
"Yeah?"
"Why did Thresh kiss you?"
"You saw that?" Kiara gasped.
Tali and Mani nodded.
"Listen to me kids, I do not like Thresh like that. He was just comforting me."
Tali and Mani nodded slowly with skeptical looks on their faces.
"Sureee…" Mani said.
"Who taught you two sarcasm? But that's beside the point. Really, I don't like him. Its completely one sided. Okay, kids? Please believe me, I'd never like anyone else but Kovu."
"Of course we believe you, Kiara, we were just joking around." Tali said.
"Good. Don't tell Kovu, when they get back, about what Thresh did, okay? It'll be our little secret."
"Okay!" They both shouted.
"Good."
By now, Thresh and Kanai had already gone outside, and conversed about where to look for prey. Kiara was nervous about them going outside after what happened the day before, but they had to eat. They had to leave the cave sometime. Kiara and the cubs played a for a while until Thresh came back dragging a zebra. They all ate silently. Kiara kept catching Thresh looking at her. He'd briefly smile and drop his gaze back to the meal. Kiara thought while she chewed the flavorful meat.
I have to talk to Thresh. I have to tell him we can't be together. It can never be. That's right, I'll just tell him straight out that I don't like him, and never can.
Determination came over her face as she finished eating. As soon as each lion had filled their stomach, Kiara called to Thresh.
"Thresh." She said. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"
"Sure!" He seemed thrilled.
Kanai and Toni moved away to give them some space. Kiara looked at the ground.
"Um." She started. "Thresh."
"Yeah?"
She tried to look up at him.
"Uh, I wanted to say…um, well." She said slowly.
"I think I know what you are about to say." He said happily.
Kiara knew he wasn't thinking of what she was thinking of. He wouldn't be looking so happy if he really knew. Was she about to break Thresh's heart?
"You want to thank me, right? Its no problem at all."
Thank him…for what? The kiss? NO! No, of course not. For comforting me, that's it.
"For comforting me, yes." Kiara said, kind of flustered. "Yes, thank you, Thresh."
He gave her a nice smile. "You're welcome."
Kiara wanted to kick herself for not telling Thresh what she really wanted to say, but she just didn't have it in her to hurt anyone's feelings. She hoped Kovu would be home soon to end all this!