Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Final Words ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 29: Final Words
Kiara's eyes opened. The first thing she saw was Kanai's brown pelt.
"…What?" she thought dizzily. Then she heard heavy breathing and looked up. Her head was as heavy as bricks. She felt like going back to sleep, but instinct told her something important had just happened. Then she remembered. The fight! She had fainted and Kovu had come to save her at last! With this thought, she found the strength to stand up.
"Kovu!"
She didn't see Kovu, but she did see Thresh. He was drenched in blood, barley standing. One of his back legs looked severely damaged. It lay limp; Thresh had no control of it anymore.
"No…"he said "I'm not Kovu…" He then fell to the ground.
"Thresh!" Kiara leapt over to his side.
"Kiara…Death is dead…I made him pay for what he did to you."
"Thresh. You saved me."
Thresh tried to smile. He looked into her eyes. "Of course I did."
"I could never thank you enough. Do you think you can stand?"
"No…I think this is it for me…"
"NO! Don't say that! You can get up!"
"Kiara…" he said tiredly. "I love you."
Kiara was a bit shocked at what she just heard. Words escaped her. "…Thresh." He had actually fallen in love with her. Guilt overwhelmed her. "Thresh, I can't. I'm sorry…" Kiara suddenly felt very dizzy. There were too many emotions she was feeling at one time. A blush came to her face making her face feel hot.
"Just…" Thresh said. "Just know that." He closed his eyes.
"No!" Kiara got closer to Thresh's face. "NO!" Tears started falling down her face. More and more came.
"No…" she whispered. "Thresh…"
"Kiara?" it was Kanai's voice from behind her. Kiara turned toward her.
"Oh Kanai! Thresh…he's…"
"Kiara are you alright?" Kanai said.
Kiara didn't know. She felt sick. She was glad Kanai was okay. She was being pelted with emotions, and didn't know what to feel. She looked down at Thresh's body. He had saved her…and now he was dead.
"Kiara!" A voice was heard from seemingly very far away.
"I must be going crazy…I can hear a voice…"
"KIARA!" It was louder this time…and sounded like…
Kiara sleepily turned her head toward the voice. Her eyes were half closed. She was so close to unconsciousness that she wasn't sure of what she saw. She felt faint, everything was swirling, and her head and mind spun. But who she saw…
Was Kovu.
Running towards her with a frantic look. They had finally returned.
"Kovu…?" she muttered.
He was still many yards away when Kiara took a wobbly step toward him. Then another.
"I'm… so glad you're here…"
Then everything went black.
Thresh died as he lived. A hero. Thanks for reading!