Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Find My Son ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 31: Find My Son
"WHAT!" Kiara said jumping up. "Oh no!"
Then Tali spoke up. "Mani and me left the bush like you told us not to…I'm sorry, Kiara."
"So Mani was with you while you left? When did you guys separate?"
"Well we were walking, we thought it was safe and we got lost. One moment I looked beside me and Mani wasn't there."
Kiara felt a pang of guilt. Simba read it off her face.
"Kiara it's not your fault. You were too tired when we got back. There's still much to talk about, but right now, we gotta find that cub!"
"Okay…okay…" Kiara said trying to calm down. "I'll take Tali to her mom."
"Don't let Kanai worry too much."
"What about Toni? I told her to find a place to hide."
"I'll call out for her. She should be able to hear my roar."
"Okay. Come alone Tali, lets go see your mom." Kiara took her over to where Kanai slept. Tali went up to her face and licked her cheek.
"She's just sleeping, Tali, but she is not feeling well." Kiara said. Tali then looked up at Kiara with tears in her eyes. "But she'll be okay! In a few days she'll be as good as new."
More tears stared welling up in Tali's eyes. She looked back at her mom. She laid by her and swung her tail back and fourth.
Simba went into the savanna grass, about the very middle of his lands. He readied himself by inhaling deeply, and then roared. He made it as loud and as long as possible. A few nearby zebra looked up, probably slightly confused. Simba would only have called for them like that of there was a meeting. But Simba wasn't on Pride Rock. They noticed him looking around and realized he wasn't calling for them. The zebra put their necks down and continued to graze. They also made a note to themselves that their king had returned yet again.
A lion's roar can be heard from miles around. Especially Simba's roar. Surely Toni would hear it and come back. Simba then went from bush to bush, tree to tree, looking for Mani. Even if he had been hurt or killed, they would still want…what was left…
Simba shuddered. "We were lucky to not lose anyone on the trip. Lets hope he's alive too." Simba thought, then sped up and continued searching.
Kiara watched as Kanai slowly came around. Tali had curled up next to her. When she realized Kanai was waking up, Tali jumped up and started licking her mom's face.
"Oh, my Tali." Kanai said returning the licks. She starting giving her a bath. Kanai was careful not to move too much to irritate her own wounds.
"Do you feel better, Kanai?" Kiara asked. Kanai looked up at her.
"Yes I do. I'm so relieved that everyone's back. I think I remember waking up and Simba telling me everyone was okay. I would have been torn if my sisters hadn't returned. But they all did. For that, I am glad."
"Me too. And I'm so glad you're alright, Kanai. I was worried. The fight with Death must have been horrible…"
"Death…" Kanai muttered hatefully.
"He's dead, Kanai. Thresh killed him."
"Thank goodness. Where is Thresh?"
Kiara lowered her head. "He…also died."
"Oh..."
Kiara shook her head to erase the memories. "But, Kanai…I'm sorry…but, Mani is missing…"
"WHAT!"
"I'm sorry!" Kiara started quickly, like a child, "It's all my fault. Yesterday, when I saw you in trouble when fighting Death, I got scared. I told the kids and Toni to hide while I was going to tell you to retreat! They got lost, and only Tali found her way back this morning!"
Kanai calmed down. She didn't look mad at all. "I think it was a wise decision, Kiara. It would be my cub's fault," with those words, she glared at Tali. Tali looked down.
"Sorry, Mamma."
"When Kiara tells you to do something, you do it, you hear?"
"Yes, Mamma."
"Okay." she said with a motherly tone. She looked back at Kiara. "Please find my son."
"Of course, Kanai, I'll get some more people on that right now. As of now, I only think my dad is out there. I'll send more."
"You won't have to, Kiara," Nala said, coming up from behind her. "I already sent more lionesses on the job. Don't worry, Kanai, your son will be found. Alive."
"Oh Thank you, Queen Nala."
Kanai then continued washing Tali. Kiara and Nala left to give her privacy.
"Mom, I want to know what happened on the trip. Is now a good time?"
"Not right now, hun."
"Oh. Okay." Kiara said feeling slightly disappointed. She wanted to tell her story of being queen for two weeks. Kiara remembered Thresh.
"What happened to Thresh? I mean his…body."
"We had to burry him, Kiara."
"Can we still have a ceremony for him?"
"Yes, Kiara, I suppose so. When we get to exchange stories, I want to know how he saved you and what happened. Untill then, I think I'll go hunt. I hope you weren't hunting while we were gone! Wouldn't want to damage little Kivu, would we?"
Kiara smiled.
"You're already growing up, Kiara, I cannot believe it." Nala smiled and then nuzzled her daughter. She then walked out with a smooth gait, heading out to hunt.
Kiara lied down by herself. She tried to calm down. "It's not good for the baby." She told herself. She smiled. "My baby…my dearest Kivu…It wont be long now…"