Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Safe Return ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'm going to leave this Author's Note from when I originally wrote this chapter. I've deleted all my other A/N's but I feel this one is important/helpful.
-To answer some questions you might be thinking. (as some people pointed out in reviews)
-Q: How could the lions know the gender of a cub still in the womb?
A: In reality, this is impossible for lions to know. But in fiction I've made it to where Rafiki or the medicine lioness, Mairu, can tell by signs from the Kings, etc.
Q: When will Kivu be born?
A: Soon! Just wait a few chapters. Very soon! But remember Ciara's first. Toni got pregnant before the battle between Zira and Simba.
Q: Where the heck is Vitani and when is she coming back?
A: She's still with Tome…but what they are doing and where at is a secret. When shes coming back: I gave you a hint, and she'll have an appearance around chapter 36, but she'll fully come back in Lionking 4. I miss her too.
Q: Is Kivu a girl or boy?
A: even though I pointed this out, many times, he is a boy.
Chapter 32: Safe Return
Kiara was relaxing quietly. She was still slightly worried about Mani and Toni, but she had a warm, calm feeling that everything would all be okay. Kiara closed her eyes pleasantly. She was so relieved it was all over. No more stress from being queen. Well, until Kivu is born, then she would be queen for real. Kiara smiled. She couldn't wait to stand on the rock with Kovu, all cheering for her as Rafiki presented their beautiful cub. With these warm thoughts, Kiara drifted off to sleep.
Kiara woke up a few minutes later from her cat-nap. From the other side of the cave, Kovu noticed she was awake, and padded over to her.
"Hey." He said.
"Hi," She looked up and smiled at him. They shared a nuzzle. "Have Toni and Mani been found?"
"Not yet, but Simba told me that they found a trail of messy paw prints and would pursue it until they are found. He sure is determined."
Kovu said the last part with a worried tone. Kiara could tell he was anxious and worried to become king.
"Kovu, I think you will be as good of a king as my dad is."
Kovu smiled and purred. "Should be less than a month now, right?"
"Huh, What?" Kiara said.
"A few weeks until we have our very first cub." Kovu said and smiled. Kiara got a fluffy feeling inside.
"A few weeks..."
Suddenly, with a shout, "Mommy!", A very happy Mani bounded in. He ran to Kanai and jumped on her back.
"Mani! My darling!" She said and pulled him carefully off her back. She hugged him and then started licking him like she did with Tali. Tali stood by smiling that her big brother had been found.
"I missed you a whole lot, Mom." Mani choked out.
"Aw, my dear, I'm so glad you're okay." She said, wrapping him in another hug.
Tali smiled more and jumped in the hug. She bit her brothers ear affectionately.
Simba walked into the cave with a broad smile. Nala followed him. They walked over to Kanai.
"Thank you, Simba, for finding him."
Simba nodded, and smiled.
"Dad, where's Toni?" Kiara asked as Simba turned to look at her.
"She and Mani were found together. She's coming. She had to stop by the waterhole or a moment. She said she was really thirsty."
"Kiara, there's food over there," Nala said, tossing her head lightly in the direction of some fresh kill. "If you are hungry. Also when Toni gets back, she needs to eat. Mani too."
"I'll bring Mani some right now." Kiara volunteered.
She hastily grabbed a bit of the kill and brought it back. She placed it in front of Mani. The cub jumped right on it, and with no hesitation, ate merrily. Kiara looked from to Kanai who was also watching Mani with a smile.
"I'm so sorry, Kanai. I still feel like it was my fault. I should ha-"
"Nonsense, Kiara," Kanai said gently. "It's alright. I knew both my cubs would be alright, and they are, okay?"
"Okay." Kiara smiled. She realized what a great lion Kanai was. She was such a nice friend. Their friendship had really strengthened while the others were gone. She, Kanai and Toni's friendship had all strengthened. They all had something in common. They loved their cubs.
With this thought, Toni came in, looking exhausted and hungry. Kiara noticed and ran to greet her. They bumped heads as a greeting and Kiara apologized. Again she thought of it as her fault. Toni explained she went looking for the cubs sometime in the night and got lost. She had found only Mani who at that time had gotten separated from Tali. They spent the night huddled together. It was a miracle she heard Simba's roar the next morning, and started heading in the right direction.
"I'm just glad you're okay." Kiara said.
"And the others?" Toni looked around the cave.
"Everyone came back safely."
"That's great! We didn't lose anyone?"
Kiara shook her head with a smile.
"Wow. This was truly a work of the Kings," Toni said dreamily. "They saved us all."
"That's right! We owe them big. Toni, I'd imagine that you're hungry."
"Yeah, let's get some grub, I'm starved!"
Toni and Kiara walked to the food pile and Toni grabbed a bite. The yellow lioness gestured with her head in Kanai's direction. The two friends walked over to Kanai. Toni and Kanai said their greetings, and exchanged "I'm glad you're okay"s. Toni ate happily. By now, Mani had finished his meal, and was resting in his mother's arms, with his eyes closed happily. Kanai was bathing him lovingly.
Kiara looked at her friends at this quiet moment. Kanai loving her children…always having to care for them. She really was a good mother. Kanai was the oldest out of the three of them. Kiara was the youngest. Toni wasn't too much older than Kiara. A year at most. Toni had a big swollen belly, like her own. In less than a month both would have their gifts. Kiara smiled. She had never been happier.
"Kiara," A strong voice said from over her shoulder. Simba. "I think it's time to swap tales."