Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ A Summary ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 33: A Summary
Simba gathered the entire pride in the large cave. All circled the five lions that were sitting in the middle. Simba and Nala stood near the edge of the circle but still inside. They both faced the center in which Kiara, Kanai and Toni stood facing the King and Queen. Everyone else including the two cubs were around them, leaning in, ready to listen. Also in the circle were Rafiki and the seemingly forgotten Zazu, who had aged.
"Let's hear what happened to you while we were gone, Kiara." Simba said.
"There's so much to tell." Kiara started, "Immediately after you all left, I missed you. Thresh's arm wound kept bleeding and re-opening. I got medicine from Rafiki for him, and it eventually healed. After spending so much time outside…" Kiara gulped and looked down at her paws. She didn't want to tell her parents about what led to the first attack. All it did was show her faults, but she knew that she should tell everything. "After spending so much time outside, like you told me not to, Daddy, our enemies noticed we were alone, and…attacked."
A few small gasps and mummers were heard. Kiara looked ashamedly at her father, expecting anger. To her surprise, she didn't see anger in her father's eyes. Simba had a very neutral look on his face. Kiara couldn't read it. Kiara went ahead and continued with the story. She told about the battle with the hyenas. She explained her flaw about sending Kanai back to the cave when she was able to fight. Kiara stressed how dumb of a decision it was. All Simba did was nod shortly in understanding. No one interrupted her story, so she continued. She explained the victory and then the realization that everyone knew they were without a large pride. She stressed again how guilty she felt.
"Days went on alright after that. I was sure we were going to be attacked again, but we had a few days of peace. Then, shortly before your return, we were attacked again. This time by Death."
Kiara noticed her mother gulp. Her dad had lowered his head about halfway through her last sentence. He still had his ears up to show he was listning. Kiara thought he had lowered his head in shame in his daughter, and she lowered her head as well. She fought tears.
"Go on, dear." Nala said.
"Before Death could truly harm me," Kiara continued, but was still looking at her paws, "Thresh jumped in. He told me to take Kanai, Toni and the kids who were playing outside at the time, to go hide. Kanai insisted she help Thresh fight Death. Toni and I hurriedly found large brush for the cubs to hide in, far behind Pride Rock. The kids were in the bush and Toni hid elsewhere. I decided to call Kanai and Thresh to retreat and hide with us. I was scared." Kiara's voice shook, "I ran back towards the fight, and saw Thresh's body. He was nearly unconscious. He could stand, so I told him to hide as I looked for Kanai. I found Kanai also nearly unconscious. Horrible wounds were all over her."
Kiara glanced at Kanai at her right and saw her shiver. There were still wounds on her, but at least they weren't open and bleeding anymore. Kiara turned her gaze back to her paws.
"I was trying to move her when Death appeared. He cornered me…and…" she paused to think. The memory was hard to call back, "I remember begging him…to let me live."
This brought a few shivers to the lionesses. Kovu even saw the fear in his wife's expression as she told this part.
"I started feeling sick," she continued. "And the last thing I remember before it goes blank is hearing Kovu's voice, calling my name." She said and looked at Kovu. Then she turned her head back to her parents. "It's hard to remember what happened after that."
"That was when we arrived?" Simba said.
"No….I feel something happened…something important," she looked down in concentration, and searched deep into her memory. It brought on a headache. "I remember waking up and …seeing Death's dead body. I saw Thresh severely wounded. He had called my name, not Kovu. He was barely standing. He saved me…he collapsed to the floor and…"
Thresh…something he said…
"He told me…"she said slowly.
Then it hit her. She then remembered exactly what Thresh's last words were.
"Kiara…I love you."
"Just…Just know that."
Then he died right in front of her. Kiara felt a deep sinking feeling. A small tear fell down her face. Her silence worried Simba a little.
"Are you alright?" he asked.
She looked up at him. He noticed she was crying.
"Uhh…yeah," she stammered, and then quickly wiped her tear with her paw. "I'm, uh, not feeling too well. I'm getting a headache. I don't remember what he said." Kiara lied. She rubbed her head with one paw.
"It's alright, Kiara." Simba said. He could see how this was troubling her.
"And I want to say I'm sorry." Kiara continued, looking around. "To all of you, and especially," she looked at Kanai to her right, then Toni to her left, "Toni and Kanai. I almost got us killed several times."
"No, Kiara, you didn't." Toni said carefully.
"Don't say that." Kanai added.
"Kiara," Simba said. All eyes were on the great King. "This is my fault, not yours. It was a terrible judgment on my part to only leave four of you here. Two of you being pregnant, and also two cubs! I should have left a lot more of you here." He looked around at his pride, "We could have lost a lot in this battle. Each of us need to thank the Kings for watching over us. And also, thank them for," he looked at his daughter, "You, Kiara."
"For me…?"
He smiled and nodded. "You took this so well. You made great decisions. What happened was not your fault. I put you in a very bad situation, and if anyone should be sorry, it is I. But you, Kiara, you did great. And for that, I am very proud."
Kiara felt more tears coming. She also had to fight the urge to smile. She had never been so praised. She looked from her dad to her mom who was beaming. Nala had tears of her own.
Nala walked over and nuzzled her daughter. Simba went over to Kiara too.
"I love you, Kiara." he whispered in her ear.
"Oh, Daddy."
There were a bit more tears and some congratulations from the rest of the pride to Kiara for being such a successful Queen. Then, finally, Simba said,
"Now I want to tell you what happened on our side of the story."
This chapter may have been a little boring.. I was mainly for just incase you forgot what you read over the last few chapters. For the next chapter, I had to make up the entire story about Simba and the Pride's fight. I had not thought about what happened while the pride were gone at all. So yeah I hope you enjoyed it, please review and keep reading!