Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 4: A Single Step ❯ Fun And Games ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 2: Fun and Games
"So," Ciara said as she jumped clear over the boys in front of her, nimbly landing beside Kivu. "Where are we going, oh wonderful leader?"
"To…uh…" he said, "That tree."
"The tree? Oh come on, that's not an adventure. That's just a baby crawl away."
Kivu rolled his eyes. "Then I'm sure you'll manage it."
Before Ciara could even get the insult, Kivu said turned toward the others and said.
"C'mon guys, let's race!"
They agreed, and suddenly all five burst out, their young leg muscles moving quickly. They squealed in delight as the tree came closer. Kivu suddenly leaped in front, and almost ran into the tree. He turned and faced his friends.
"I win!" he said as the others tiredly joined.
"Wow, you're fast, Kivu." Tali said.
Ciara looked as if she wanted to retort to that comment, but she felt too defeated to say anything. Kivu suddenly looked at Ciara. The sunlight shown brilliantly off her orange fur. She rose her eyes to him, and he smiled.
"You were fast too, Ciara. I saw you-"
"Whatever." she said listlessly. Kivu's smile shrank. "Let's play a game or something."
"Okay, what should we play?" Mani asked. "I say we play tag. There are a lot of us, so it should be fun."
"Okay?" Jai said as Kivu rejoiced.
"I love that game!"
"Yeah, because you're fast." Tali said as she gently pushed Kivu with her paw. Kivu took a sidestep from Tali's push. He looked and grinned at her.
"Exactly!"
"Okay then, whose it?" Ciara asked.
"Not it!" Kivu yelled.
"Not it!" Jai claimed next.
Tali and Mani said theirs at the same time, before Ciara could even form the words.
"Ha-ha you're it, Ciara!" Jai said to his sister.
"Okay," she said playfully, putting her rear-end in the air and waggling her tail wildly. "Then you guys better start running!"
The cubs did as Ciara said, and started running. Ciara launched herself at her nearest victim. She quickly grabbed her brother and then ran.
"Jai's it!"
Jai gathered himself and then ran after anyone in reach. Only after a few minutes, Kiara came over from where she was watching about 10 yards away. Kiara made boundaries for the cubs so they wouldn't get too far out of sight. After that, she went to lay down by the tree they first raced to. Kivu ran over to his mother in the midst of the game.
"Where's Dad?" he panted.
"He's off doing his kingly duties." she said with a small laugh. Suddenly Tali, who was now it appeared behind Kivu and tagged him on the back.
"You're it!"
"Hey!" Kovu said as he spun around, trying to re-tag her. She escaped, though, just in time, and ran off. Kivu followed. The cubs all laughed as they tried to run from the quick footed Kivu. Mani had to do some quick maneuvering to get away from him. Kivu's next attempt was at Ciara who was cornered by the boundary.
"Remember, Ciara, if you pass that tree, you automatically become it!" Kivu said as he took advantage of Ciara's tapped situation. He mocked her by not running, but casually walking toward his prey. She growled and desperately searched for an escape. There were narrow spaces on each side of Kivu, who was coming closer with each step. She decided to take her chances for the space on the right. She suddenly sprang up and ran as fast as she could. Kivu looked slightly surprised by Ciara's persistence, but ran to get her. She almost escaped, but Kivu was too quick. He leaped for her, and they went tumbling over and over. With an abrupt stop and a soft grunt from Ciara, Kivu had her pinned. His paws were holding her shoulders firmly down; his face only inches from her's. His eyes grew softer, as he smiled and looked into Ciara's emerald eyes.
Kivu said quietly, "You're it."
Ciara stared for a moment more, and then pushed him off. He hopped away and yelled, "Ciara's it, Ciara's it, kissed a zebra and married it!"
Ciara shook dirt off her shoulder and back. A slight blush had come to her face. "I hate it when he does stuff like that," she muttered to herself. She again launched herself back into the game.
The game hadn't lasted too much longer after that. The five cubs soon got tired, and decided to turn in. Kiara escorted them back to Pride Rock where everyone was having their mid-day meal. They joined in and rest of the day after that was just as peaceful as the last..