Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 4: A Single Step ❯ Inruders ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hey thanks for coming back!
Last time: Tali brings back her very first kill and shares it with her friends. We catch a scene from the almost forgotten Vitani and Tome who are looking for someone... but whom? (duh) Tempest and Mani end the chapter by spending some time just relaxing together.
This chapter was writen 3/3/06

Chapter 14: Intruders
About two humid weeks later, Kivu and Ciara were searching for their friends. The two had been lightly chatting before, until they got into an argument about who's growing mane was bigger, Kivu's or Jai's, so they had to find Jai to measure.
Their manes had indeed started growing. Both boys had a small patch of fur starting to grow on their chests, and more on the back of their necks. Kivu was convinced his was bigger, but Ciara insisted her brother's was.
"We should check the water hole. I bet everyone's there." Ciara said.
"Drinking up my water!" Kivu said jokingly.
Ciara smirked. "Can I have some of your water when we get there, Kivu? I'm parched."
"Yes, but only you, everyone else has to scram." Kivu said and Ciara laughed in response.
"What a great king."
"You're about to lose your drinking privileges, Missy." Ciara tossed her head back and laughed. Kivu stopped suddenly, staring at Ciara.
Ciara noticed, also stopped, and then said, "What?" Kivu hesitated, then said,
"It was just the way you laughed. It was pretty."
Ciara jumped a little. What did he mean by that?
"
Kivu, why do you say things like that? It's embarrassing." Ciara said. Kivu then walked a little closer to her.
"I guess its because... well I like you, Ciara."
Ciara laughed, "Stop teasing me! You always do that." She swatted him, but he dodged.
"Really, I'm serious."
Ciara scoffed and continued walking. She was pretty sure he was still joking, and was forcing a blush to stay away from her cheeks. She couldn't get her smile to disappear. After a few moments, she looked back at Kivu. She jerked her head in the direction they were going, and said "Hey, let's race!"
Ciara got to the waterhole first, but she suspected Kivu had let her. The two were exhausted and took a drink from the water's edge. There were a lot of animals there today. Cheetahs, gazelle, zebra, lions and more. Big and small came together to get relief from the hot weather. Soon, they found the rest of their friends.
"See I told you Jai's was bigger!" Ciara proclaimed as they approached the relaxing young lions. Tempest, Mani, and Jai looked at Ciara with confusion. Tali was elsewhere at the moment.
"My what's bigger?"
"Kivu was saying his poor excuse of a mane was bigger than yours." Ciara explained, while Tempest laughed. Jai stood up and glared at Kivu.
"You thought your puny mane was bigger?" He challenged.
Kivu puffed up his chest. "Yeah, it is."
Jai pushed Kivu over from his high sitting position. "You bighead." Jai called playfully.
"Why you!" Kivu leapt on Jai and wrestled with him. The two were the same size, so it was a pretty even match. Ciara went to lay down by Tempest while the two were tumbling everywhere.
"Aren't they too old to be doing this?" Tempest said with a smile, and Ciara laughed.
"Clearly not since they're fighting over their mane size."
"Males!" Tempest said. "I just don't get them."
"Hey!" Mani protested.
"Oh, Mani, you're not a male, you're like one of us." Tempest teased.
"What!"
"I'm kidding," she put a paw lightly on his arm for a moment. "You're the manliest. I mean check out that mane."
Mani chuckled and looked at his larger tuft of fur on his chest. It almost reached from one shoulder to the other.
"Yea, Mani since you have the bigger mane, go break them up." Ciara said gesturing with her tail to the two still tumbling boys. It appeared now that Jai was winning. "Hurry before Kivu humiliates himself!"
Mani did as he was told, and leapt into action. The girls watched as Mani ended up joining in the play fight.
"What idiots," a voice from behind the group said. The two young lionesses turned their heads to see a light brown lioness with distinct brown dots on the backs of her ears.
"Tali," Ciara said in greeting. Tali sat beside her.
"Hey." She started at the boys who were staring each other down. It looked as if Jai and Kivu joined forces to defeat Mani.
"All my bets are on Mani." Tempest said.
"Mine too." Ciara said.
"They're going to run into somebody and get into trouble if they don't stop soon." Tali said, "I don't think that family of cheetahs will appreciate an interruption."
"I'll stop them." Tempest volunteered, got up and went over.
"What started the whole thing?" Tali wanted to know. Ciara explained. "Oh, how appropriate." They shared a laugh.
"Tali, something weird happened when Kivu and I walked over here." Ciara said.
"Oh? What is it?"
"Kivu said that he liked me...Do you think he was just teasing me?"
How oblivious! Tali thought to herself, and almost laughed. "Well did he sound serious?"
"I don't know. He said he was serious when I laughed at him though..."
"Then he was serious. He likes you."
Ciara knew she was blushing. "And don't you like him too?" Tali asked bluntly.
Ciara choked on a laugh then said, "Um.. well I..."
Suddenly there was a strong commanding roar. All eyes turned turned toward a lion about a half a mile away. The dark colored lion stopped at the edge of the boarder. It was the king, and he appeared to be mad.
A lioness form was running as fast as she could away from Kovu, now outside of the pride land boarder. She was obviously an outsider. The herds around the waterhole were disturbed and left. Kovu noticed the group of youngesters at the waterhole, and came over.
"What happened, dad?" Kivu asked.
"Come, son. Meeting." Kovu abruptly turned and started for pride rock. All lions followed. When they arrived back, Kovu took to the top of pride rock with the rest of the royal family. Kivu instead sat below with his friends and the rest of the large pride. All gazed up at Kovu, now at the peak of the rock.
"We must all be cautious. That was the second intruder I've had to chase out this week."
Murmurs were heard from the crowd. "Second intruder?"
"I havn't heard about it."
"What do they want?"
"Why can't they stay out of our lands!"
Kovu called for silence, and continued. "These inturders did seem hostile. If anyone sees an intruder either contact me or Simba right away, if you're unable to chase them out yourself. Just be careful not to cause a fight if you can. With two of our lionesses pregnant, we should be extra careful not to cause a war."
Word had spread a week ago that Sanu (Dotty) and Sanai were pregnant. Who the father was, was their own business, but everyone guessed the now expectant mothers had gone out looking for rogue males.
"That is all." Kovu said, dismissing them. He retreated and went into the cave, and Kiara followed. Kivu ran up the side of the rock, and leapt up. He went into the cave with his mom and dad.
"Who was she, dad?"
"I don't know. I just found her sneaking around, looking up to no good. She didn't say much of anything when I questioned her. This lioness though...she was all black."
There was a moment of silence where Kovu and Kiara thought back to their previous trouble with all black lions. Kivu had been told what had happened with the Black Pride.
"Do you think it could be a coincidence..?"
"Let's hope so." Kovu said.









Converting /tmp/phpweUueJ to /dev/stdout