Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Loves... ❯ Kaoru Hitachiin ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
This idea is just weird and I know that I just finished an Ouran Host Club one, but I liked the idea so here it is.
 
`Identical'
 
Pairing: Kaoru Hitachiin x Kagome Higurashi
 
Summary: Haruhi wasn't the only person able to tell the twins apart.
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and Ouran High School Host Club belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Bisco Hatori respectively.
 
Authors note: This whole story is set in Kaoru's POV.
 
Identical
 
All my life, I have had only Hikaru for company. We created our own little world, free from prying eyes and hesitant to let anyone in. That was until we met Haruhi Fujioka. In an instant, she was able to tell us apart, and to be honest, that scared us. No one, not even our own mother, could tell the difference between Hikaru and I, and although it terrified us that someone had come into our world, it also brought curiosity. To this day neither of us know how she did it, but we were happy to open our world for her and she became our `toy'. It was quite disturbing when Hikaru started to develop feelings for her, because gradually, it wasn't my twin and I anymore. It eventually became Haruhi, Hikaru and me. It was in our second year, just after Hunny-senpai and Mori-senpai graduated that it became Haruhi and Hikaru. Kaoru was left outside and they created their own place, the relationship place, where I wasn't invited. I was thrust out into the real world alone. I felt naked without Hikaru by my side, like I had been stripped of everything that made me, me. Haruhi's arms became more inviting to Hikaru than mine did, it was her that he clamored for, and her that he sought solace in. I had never felt so alone.
 
One other person had been able to tell Hikaru and I apart. And she was currently asleep in my arms. Her name is Kagome, and she, much like Haruhi, had stumbled on the Host Club by mistake. She tells me that it was a mistake she would make over and over again if it meant that she could spend eternity by my side. She had not fallen for the `Brotherly love' acts that Hikaru and myself displayed for the ladies at the host club, instead she sought the companionship only we could give her. You see, Kagome is a twin too and she suffers the same hardships that we did before Haruhi came into our lives. Her and her sister Kikyo are never known as Kagome and Kikyo. Much like us, they are called `the twins' or `the Higurashi twins'. Also like us, they make slight variances in their appearances to try and get people to acknowledge that they are two separate beings. Kagome usually keeps her hair at it's natural wavy look, where as Kikyo straightens hers. If they both feel extremely mischievous, then they will both wear their hair the same to confuse people. Tamaki-senpai claims that they did this just so that he can't tell who his designation is. Personally, I find it rather amusing. But I digress; Kagome is very precious to me and came to me like an angel in my time of need. I was going crazy without my brother by my side continuously, when she stumbled on us.
 
I too wouldn't change that day for the world…
 
XOX Flashback XOX
 
It was Friday, and we were seated in our usual places, waiting for the slow trickle of customers to come through the doors. Hikaru was standing by my side, joking around with a giggling Haruhi. It caused me to sadden, knowing that aside from our display for the girls, my brothers' attention was focused on someone else. The door opened and she walked in, out of breath and flushed. I would later learn that she was running late to meet her sister.
 
Tamaki-senpai rose and stalked over to her. “Welcome, I can see you are new to the Host Club, so which host will suit your needs today?”
 
“Host Club? Is this not where the orchestra meets?” She asked.
 
“Why no, the orchestra meets in the fourth music room.” Tamaki-senpai explained.
 
She gave a cute pout and crossed her arms over her chest. “Damn, I knew that Kikyo was too dumb to remember!”
 
This caused me to snicker. The fact that she would voice her opinion would soon become one of the things I grew to love about her.
 
“I apologize for interrupting your thing. I will be going now.” She said and made a move to leave.
 
Hunny-senpai (who had decided that he was still going to host even after he graduated) smiled at her cutely. “Why don't you stay for a while and have some cake with us?”
 
“No thank you, I have to meet my sister.” She said.
 
“Surely your sister would understand if you chose to spend some time in our company instead.” Tamaki-senpai said.
 
“Not likely. My sister will explode like Mt. Vesuvius if I don't meet her on time.” She replied. “But maybe I will bring her here after her orchestra meeting is over.”
 
She left then, only to come back half an hour later with her doppelganger. Tamaki-senpai was quick to greet them. “Would you ladies be willing to spend some time with me?”
 
The two developed grins identical to Hikaru and I when we are planning something that will undoubtedly annoy Tamaki-senpai and I nudged my brother. “Watch the show Hikaru, something tells me that this is going to get interesting.”
 
The girls looked at eachother before Kagome spoke. “We will be willing, if you play a little game with us.”
 
“It's called `which one is Kikyo'.” Kikyo continued.
 
They grabbed their hands together and grinned in unison. “We think you'll like it!”
 
Tamaki-senpai let out a small wail of despair. “OH GOD! IT'S HIKARU AND KAORU ALL OVER AGAIN!” He said before he went into his corner of gloom.
 
This gained both Hikaru and my attention fully and we walked over to them. “We would like it if you would join us today.”
 
They both nodded and walked with us to our small group of girls. We chatted idly for a while before we flexed our acting skills.
 
“You shouldn't frown like that princess, even if classes get you down. It only mares your beautiful features.” Hikaru said, touching her cheek. “And we wouldn't want that.
 
I pouted at my brother. “Am I not beautiful too Hikaru?”
 
Hikaru grabbed my hand and pulled me to his chest. “Kaoru, these ladies are lovely, but I only have eyes for you.”
 
“Hikaru…”
 
“Kaoru…”
 
The girls around us all squealed in happiness. All except for two who giggled softly behind their hands. I looked at Kagome and winked. She shook her head, a grin evident on her face.
 
“Okay girls, we want to play a game with you…” Hikaru started.
 
The girls grinned in happiness.
 
“It's called `Which one is Hikaru'.” I said.
 
We put out caps on and run around eachother for a few moments before stopping and looking at the girls. “Now, why don't we give our newest ladies a shot at this brother?” I said.
 
“Wonderful idea brother. Kagome if you will?” Hikaru said.
 
Kagome pointed to Hikaru without hesitation. “You are Hikaru. Your voice is deeper, you walk different and your eyes are a shade lighter.”
 
We both gasped. No one had ever been able to do it that fast. “How did you know?” Hikaru asked.
 
All of the girls designated to us looked at her for an explanation.
 
Kagome gave me a grin before she spoke. “ A twin will always know. Would you like a demonstration?”
 
We both nodded dumbly.
 
Kagome and Kikyo stood up and faced eachother for a moment, tucking away stray hair, wiping away smudges in their make up before following the same procedure of my brother and I. They stopped and looked at us. “Which one is Kikyo?”
 
I pointed to Kagome. “You are Kagome. Your voice has a more mischievous edge to it, your hair has a darker tint and you are at least half an inch shorter.”
 
Kagome nodded. “Like I said, a twin will always know.”
 
XOX End XOX
 
That day, I realized that although Hikaru wasn't by my side all the time, that didn't matter. I was still Kaoru Hitachiin, younger twin and mischief-maker extraudonaire. Kagome slowly filled the gap that Hikaru left in my life, and I found myself falling hard for her. It didn't matter that my brother focused his attention on Haruhi any more, skipping out on opportunities to prank our Tono. Kagome was more than happy to play them with me. She became my light, my love and I wouldn't trade her for the world.
 
We sit together now, two years after graduation, watching the sun set at the shrine she inherited after we got married last year. Well, I'm alternating between watching the sun set and watching her sleep, keeping her wrapped up in my arms in the world that we created together.
 
She stirs in her sleep and her eyes flutter open. Glancing up at me, she yawns and speaks to me sleepily. “What are you thinking about Kaoru?”
 
I look at her again and smile. She always knows. “The past.”
 
Satisfied with my answer, she drifts back to sleep, her fingers lacing with mine which lay on her stomach. Come spring our world will change.
 
I'm going to be a daddy.
 
Owari x
 
I am so freaking happy with this! Call m egotistical if you want, but I'm very proud of myself right now. I don't think I've ever done a fic that has made me this teary eyed and happy. I only hope it has the same reaction with you.
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx