Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Loves... ❯ Kiba Inuzuka ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
In response to a lack of Kiba x Kagome fics, I decided to write my own and hopefully provoke more of it's kind. Please bear in mind that I've warped the stories of both Inuyasha and Naruto to meet my needs, so don't flame me for it!
 
Disclaimer: I own a lot of things. A truck, a cat, my boyfriend. Unfortunately, Inuyasha and Naruto is a couple of things I don't, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Masashi Kishimoto.
 
Wait for Eternity.
 
There once was a priestess that went by the name of Kikyo. Kikyo was a beautiful woman that was loved by her entire village, to which she was the healer for. She lived a normal life, until one day she fell in love with an Inu hanyou by the name of Inuyasha. Inuyasha had spent his whole life being rejected by both humans and youkai because of what he was, until the fateful day that he crossed paths with Kikyo. The two settled down and began to plan for a life together, when sadly Kikyo was stuck down by illness. She spent many a month bedridden, with Inuyasha by her side. On a dreary afternoon late into the spring Kikyo died. With her drying breath she made a promise to Inuyasha. She promised him that she would wait for eternity, and see him in this world or the next. Inuyasha, stricken with grief, ran out to the forest where they first met and ran his own sword through his heart. It has been one hundred years since the fated lovers died, and the promise is still unfulfilled. The demons and humans are now separated, the land evident of human progress. In the village of Konoha, two people are about to meet, and fulfill the promise left to them by their incarnates.
 
XOX
 
Kiba trudged down the road on the way home from training. It had been a productive day, and the dog user was feeling pretty good about himself. He had done a good deed today, by setting up two of his best friends; Hinata and Naruto. Kiba gave a slight nod to the dog in his jacket, indicating that he heard the request from him and proceeded to walk toward the old shrine grounds. He was to meet with the resident priest about the dreams that had been plaguing him as of late. In every dream he was besotted with a beautiful woman wearing what could only be described as red and white pyjamas. The dreams had been troubling Kiba because he felt a strong pull toward the woman, like he knew her somehow, but he had never caught her name. He walked across the grounds and was greeted by a young woman that wore the standard forehead protector of the village. She appeared to be his age, with hair cascading down her back like black silk and soft brown eyes that her smile reached. He walked over and decided to ask her about the priest he was meeting.
 
“Hey, I'm supposed to be meeting with the priest of this shrine. Could you please direct me his way?” He asked politely.
 
“You mean gramps? Sure follow me.” She replied and walked toward where her grandfather was praying to the Deity of the shrine. “I'm Kagome Higurashi, chuunin. You are?”
 
“Kiba Inuzuka, also chuunin. Whose team are you on?” Kiba asked as he stuck out his hand.
 
Kagome shook his hand and continued on the path. “Team five with Takahito and Yuki. You?”
 
“Team eight with Hinata and Shino. Oh and Akamaru of course.” He grinned at the dog in question.
 
Kagome looked at Akamaru and smiled. “Cute ninken. So what did you need to see gramps about?”
 
“Just some dreams I've been having lately. It feels like I'm really there you know? Like I've lived it.” Kiba said.
 
Kagome nodded. “Sounds like you're dreaming about a past life. I used to have them until gramps found out that I was a powerful priestess in a past life. He never has stopped bugging me about quitting the life of a ninja and become one.”
 
“Sounds interesting? What did she look like.” Kiba asked.
 
“Just like me only I'm a little different. Apparently my eyes are softer than hers were. Her name was Kikyo or something, I never really paid attention to gramps when he tried to explain it.” She answered.
 
Kiba chuckled. “How are your missions going?”
 
Kagome merely shrugged. “Not too bad, we went on one with team seven last week, just got back a couple of days ago actually. They weren't so bad, but that Sakura girl could have been a little more professional about it.”
 
“Sakura's a little obsessed with Sasuke, but she's nice enough. Naruto's a total riot though.” He said.
 
“Oh yeah I know! That kid kept me in a constant state of amusement. It's a shame about how the rest of the village treat him, he's a real nice kid.” She smiled at him. “Anyways, I'll leave you to talk to gramps. I'm having lunch with Takahito at Ichiraku's. Ja!”
 
XOX
 
Kurenai dispersed her team from training and watched as Kiba stuck around unusually. She walked over to him and smiled. “What's wrong Kiba? You never stick around after training.”
 
Kiba nodded. “Yeah, I guess.”
 
“Dreams still getting you down huh?” She asked.
 
“Yeah. When I spoke to the priest last week, he said that he'd look into it and get back to me when he found out some more info.” He sighed and looked down to the yipping Akamaru. “Yeah, you're right. Hey, I have to go, I told Kagome I'd meet her after training for lunch.”
 
“Kagome?” Kurenai quirked an eyebrow at her student. “Isn't she the girl on Kaoru Nakamura's team?”
 
“Yep, we've been meeting all week. To tell you the truth, I really like her.” Kiba said with a blush. “I feel like I've known her forever. I dunno, it feels like destiny or something. Ah, now I sound like Neji! I gotta go!”
 
Kurenai smiled at her retreating student before turning toward her own home and into the arms of her waiting husband.
 
Kiba came to a speeding halt in front of Ichiraku where Kagome was waiting. Akamaru jumped out of his jacket and straight into her arms. As Kiba was evening out his breathing, Akamaru was receiving an ear rub while Kagome told him about her day. Kiba looked at the two and laughed as Akamaru tried to explain his day with a series of yips and whines. Kagome nodded with a smile on her face, even though she had no idea what the dog was saying. She looked up to Kiba as Akamaru was explaining to Kagome how he accidentally ate one of Shino's bugs and smiled. “Hold that thought Akamaru, my translator needs my attention for a moment.”
 
“Translator huh? And here I was thinking that I was the person that you came to see.” Kiba said jokingly.
 
Kagome gave a mock gasp. “How could you think that Kiba? You know that the only reason I accept these dates is to see Akamaru.”
 
`She called it a date!' Kiba cheered in his head. “Now it all makes sense, you're a glutton for fuzzy appendages and are using me for my companion.”
 
Kagome gave Akamaru's ears another rub and nodded. “Yeah, your hood just doesn't do it for me in the cute and fuzzy category. Anyway, care to translate Akamaru's adventures for me then tell me about your day? I'll tell you mine.”
 
“I'd love to my lady.” Kiba offered her his arm in a gentlemanly manner. “Would you care to allow this lowly peasant to escort you and your ahem date to your table?”
 
Kagome gave a sweet giggle and took his arm. “I would be honored oh lowly peasant.”
 
XOX
 
It had been eight months since Kiba and Kagome had met and during that time, the pair had progressed from casual dates between friends, to an official couple. They currently sat under the large tree on Kagome's shrine, cuddled up with eachother watching idly as Akamaru played with Kagome's obese cat Buyo. Kiba smiled at the beauty in his arms. “Hey Kagome?”
 
Kagome looked up him with a smile on her face. “Yeah Kiba?”
 
“Did gramps ever find out about those dreams I used to have?” He asked.
 
“Yeah.” Kagome said slightly sadly. “Quite a sad tale too.”
 
He kissed her cheek and cuddled her tighter. “Why so?”
 
“You remember I told you about my incarnation Kikyo?” She asked.
 
“Of course.” He replied.
 
She sighed. “Well, it turns out that your dreams were memories from a past life too. An Inu hanyou names Inuyasha to be precise.”
 
Kiba looked down at her. “Well, that's a good thing I guess. I wonder what he looked like.”
 
“Apparently he was very handsome.” She smiled. “Much like you really.”
 
“Awww, I love you too.” Kiba smiled as he nuzzled her neck. “So, how did he die?”
 
Kagome hesitated for a second before sighing. “He killed himself.”
 
“Why would he do that?” Kiba asked.
 
“Because his only love died. She promised to wait for eternity for him Kiba.” She turned on his lap and gave him a watery smile. “To see him in this world or the next, and she waited for one hundred years.”
 
Kiba's arms tightened around her, sensing her tears. “That's a very long time to wait. I wonder if she ever gave up.”
 
Kagome shook her head and reached up to place a small kiss on the corner of his mouth. “She never gave up Kiba, because she believed that he would come back to her and he did.”
 
Kiba sighed sadly. “If she comes looking for me, are you going to leave me?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “She won't come looking, I know that she wont.”
 
“How do you know?” He asked.
 
Wrapping her arms around him, burying her head in his chest. “Because she is holding you now, and won't let you go again.”
 
One single kiss under the darkening sky.
 
The lovers found peace again.
 
Owari x
 
I spent months working on this, and in all honesty, I ain't too happy with it. Its way too sappy for my tastes, but you lot might think different, so let me know.
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx