Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Loves... ❯ Shikamaru Nara ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
This idea's been floating around for a while, and I had no pairing to put it to, until now!
 
Pairing: Shikamaru Nara x Kagome Higurashi
 
Summary: Shikamaru Nara, thirteen-year-old genius does not need a babysitter. Unfortunately, his mother disagrees. AU
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha, Naruto and the songs `Shaketramp' and `Sorry' belong to Rumiko Takahashi, Masashi Kishimoto, Marianas Trench and Buckcherry respectively.
 
Dedicated to Natsumi Tsuchi-Ookami who requested this pairing.
 
The Babysitter
 
He groaned. “But I don't need one, I can take care of myself just fine!”
 
Hikaru Nara shook her head and placed a steely gaze on her son. Satisfied with his flinch, she spoke. “You are thirteen years old Shikamaru, you are still too young to take care of yourself.”
 
“But Ino and Choji don't have one!” Shikamaru argued.
 
“That's because Ino and Choji are spending the night at the Inuzuka's.” She replied. “Don't argue.”
 
Sighing, he nodded. “Troublesome.”
 
Shikato Nara ruffled his son's hair. “That's a good boy. You'll love this girl that we hired, she has a brother your age.”
 
Shikamaru shrugged and began to walk up the stairs. Hikaru called after him. “We'll call you down before we leave.”
 
He plopped onto his bed with a groan. Picking up the phone, he dialed the number of his best friend. It picked up after only two rings. “Hey Itachi is your brother there?”
 
Itachi chuckled on the other end of the phone. “Which one?”
 
Sighing again, he answered. “Naruto please.”
 
“Course.” The phone changed hands and a happier voice came on. “Hey Shika, how's it going?”
 
“My parents and Ino and Choji's parents are all going out for the night so my mum hired me a babysitter.” He sighed once again. “Troublesome.”
 
Naruto chuckled. “So I take it that you want me to come over and rescue you from the clutches of evil.”
 
“That's about it.” Shikamaru replied. “I'll let my mum know that you're coming over, bring Sasuke with you if you want. I have to go, she beckons.”
 
“Alright, I'll tell Sasuke and we'll be over in about an hour.” Naruto said. “Bye.”
 
Shikamaru hung up the phone and walked down to the living room where his mother waited.
 
Hikaru smiled at her only son. “Your father has gone to pick her up and he'll be back in a couple of minutes. I expect you to behave to her Shikamaru, no funny stuff.”
 
“Sure.” He said with a yawn. “Can Naruto and Sasuke come over?”
 
“We're back!” Shikato called at he walked into the living room followed by a black haired girl. Shikamaru stared at her discreetly, she was very pretty.
 
“You must be Shikamaru.” She stuck her hand out to him, a beaming smile on her face. “It's nice to meet you, I'm Kagome.”
 
XOX
 
Shikamaru had to admit he was wrong about getting a babysitter. It wasn't like he needed one, but he did like having Kagome with him. She was playing scrabble with him and losing marvelously. He heard a knock at the door and got up. “I hope you don't mind, but my friends called before you came and said that they would be coming over for a while.”
 
Kagome shook her head. “I don't mind at all. Do you want a drink while I'm getting?”
 
He nodded and walked to the door. He opened it and began walking back to the living room. “Make yourselves comfy guys.”
 
Sasuke and Naruto plopped down on the couch beside eachother. Naruto looked at his friend. “So, whats this girl like?”
 
Shikamaru shrugged. “She's alright I guess. She's in the kitchen getting us drinks at the moment.”
 
Kagome walked back in to the living room carrying four cans of pop. “I hope you're all okay with coke because I don't know what you drink.” She lifted her head and grinned at the Uchiha brothers. “Hey Sasuke, Naruto.”
 
“Hey Kagome.” The both said before separating to make room for her on the couch between them. Kagome handed Shikamaru his can of pop before moving over to the sofa and sitting in between the two boys. Naruto placed his head on her left shoulder while Sasuke mimicked the right. They both wrapped their arms around her and sighed.
 
Shikamaru stared. “I take it you know Kagome then.”
 
“She's our babysitter too.” Naruto said.
 
“And Itachi's best friend.” Sasuke finished.
 
Shikamaru shrugged. “Alright then.”
 
“Hey Kagome?” Naruto said and looked up at his cushion, puppy pout out at full force.
 
Kagome looked over at him and groaned. “What Naruto?”
 
“Can you bake us some cookies?” Naruto asked.
 
Sasuke too turned the pout on. “Please?”
 
Kagome sighed. If anything got to her, it was the pout that the fraternal twins had perfected. “Sure. Do you mind Shikamaru?”
 
Shikamaru shook his head. “Not really, you're the babysitter.”
 
Kagome stood up with a smile. “Great! If you could show me where you keep your baking supplies I can get right to it!”
 
Shikamaru waved a hand in the direction of the kitchen. “Dad keeps everything above the stove.”
 
Kagome nodded once and walked into the kitchen.
 
Sasuke and Naruto moved back closer to one another and grinned at Shikamaru. “She's nice isn't she?” They said.
 
“Yeah I guess.” Shikamaru said.
 
“She's good at everything.” Naruto continued. “Cooking, school…”
 
“…Babysitting, housework.” Sasuke finished. “Mum and dad are under the impression that Itachi's with her because they're so close, but they've been friends since forever.”
 
“Yeah, but Itachi told us that he would only ever see her as his friend and that they only act like they are.” Naruto said. “She's can dance too.”
 
“Do you want to see?” Sasuke asked.
 
Shikamaru shrugged with a yawn.
 
Sasuke moved to the stereo, taking his Ipod out of his pocket as he did so. He hooked it up and picked a song. The music started and Kagome walked out of the kitchen. She smiled at Sasuke before walking over to Naruto and pulling him up. The two began to dance hyperly to the song.
 
Kagome laughed as she danced, singing along. “Try a little more, little more, little more.”
 
Naruto twisted her around as he sang. “They slap you like a bitch and you take it like a whore.”
 
“Upside down and around and around.” She sang.
 
“Just another piece till you need another sound.” Sasuke joined in.
 
Once the song was over, she retreated back to the kitchen to finish up the cookies.
 
The twins looked over at Shikamaru. “You see, Kagome's perfect.”
 
Shikamaru nodded. “How old is she anyway?”
 
“I'm sixteen.” Kagome replied as she walked back into the living room. “The cookies will be ready in about ten minutes. I hope you all like chocolate and cherry!”
 
XOX
 
Hikaru and Shikato came home rather happy around midnight. Shikato was drunk off his ass so Hikaru was left to pay Kagome and take her home. She smiled at the teen as she handed her a twenty. “Was he any trouble?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “Oh no, he's a good kid. We had fun.”
 
“That's good. Did you need a ride home?” Hikaru asked as she dumped her drunken husband on the couch to sleep it off.
 
Kagome shook her head again as she picked up her bag. “No thank you, I'm spending the night at my friend Itachi's place, so he'll be here to pick me up in a minute.”
 
“Itachi's such a good boy. Just like his brothers. Have you met them?” Hikaru asked.
 
“Yeah, I babysit them too.” Kagome replied with a giggle. “I have my own little business going on!”
 
Hikaru laughed. “You do don't you!”
 
There was a honk outside and Kagome smiled at Hikaru. “That's Itachi. Well, thank you for hiring me Mrs. Nara, I hope that I can do this again.”
 
“No, thank you Kagome. I will have to thank Rin for recommending you.” Hikaru said as she walked Kagome to the door. “She said that Meogi always has fun with you.”
 
Kagome waved as she walked to Itachi's car. She climbed into the passenger's side and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Thanks for letting me stay tonight Itachi, I really appreciate it.”
 
Itachi smiled at her as he pulled away from the curb and began the fifteen-minute drive to his house. “No problem, my parents are like in love with you so they never mind.”
 
Kagome gave a small laugh. “And when do you plan on telling them that nothing goes on when I stay over?”
 
Itachi pulled into the driveway of the Uchiha house with a sigh. “As soon as you tell them that there precious Kagome is dating their business enemy's nephew.”
 
“So, never gonna happen?” Kagome said as she picked up her bag from between her legs.
 
He shut off the engine and climbed out. “That sounds about right. So, what movie do you want to watch tonight?”
 
She shrugged as she closed the car door and began to walk up to his house. “Anything will do. You know I'm not picky.”
 
He wrapped an arm around her as they walked into the house. “Yeah I do.”
 
Fugaku smiled over at the pair from the sofa. “Good evening kids, what are your plans for the rest of the night?”
 
“Good evening Fugaku.” Kagome said. “I think we're going to watch a movie before we turn in, right Itachi?”
 
Itachi smiled at her. “Yep, any recommendations dad?”
 
“Your mother picked up something called Borat for the boys to watch, but they haven't watched it yet.” He said. “It's on top of the dvd player if you wanted to take that up to your room.”
 
“Will do. Thanks dad.” Itachi said and picked up the dvd. He picked up Kagome and threw her over his shoulder. “Bye dad.”
 
Kagome waved at Fugaku with a smile. “Bye-bye!”
 
Mikoto walked into the room as Itachi and Kagome left. She shook her head and sat down next to her husband. “They look so perfect together don't they?”
 
“They do.” He replied. “I cant wait till they're out of school and having kids.”
 
XOX
 
Shikamaru slammed his locker door shut with a sigh. The damned babysitter had been all he could think about. Troublesome. He saw Ino and Choji walking toward him and sighed again.
 
“Hey Shika.” Ino said.
 
Ino, Shikamaru and Choji had been friends since they were born. Their parents had all gone to school together, so naturally, they had all been together since birth.
 
“Hey guys.” He said.
 
Choji grinned. “How was the babysitter?”
 
Ino snickered. Shikamaru glared.
 
“She was nice.” He replied.
 
“That's good.” Ino said. “So what was her name?”
 
“Kagome.” Shikamaru said.
 
Choji sighed happily. “I know her. She's Naruto and Sasuke's babysitter too. She's such a hottie!”
 
Shikamaru shrugged. “I guess. I have to go though; my dad wants me to clean my room before my mum gets home. Troublesome.” He walked away from his friends and out of the school, heading toward home. His mind was in turmoil as he thought more and more about Kagome. The damned girl was having a strange affect on him. He tore from his musings and realized that he had reached the park, a usual haunt for him on lazy Saturdays. He walked to a conveniently placed bench and sat down. Looking around him he spotted Kagome standing under a tree, seemingly waiting for someone. He watched as a brunette came over and embraced her, his heart clenching at the sight. Shikamaru easily recognized the boy as Neji Hyuuga, his friend's cousin. Neji said something to her and left. Kagome put her hands to her face and shook her head. He arched an eyebrow as he watched her swipe at her face as she left. Sighing, he got up from the bench and began the trek home. Once he arrived, he saw his dad grinning. “What?”
 
Shikato only grinned wider. “You're spending the night with Naruto and Sasuke, your mother and I have plans.”
 
“Then hire Kagome.” Shikamaru said.
 
“I called her just before you got in, she said that she'd love to but something came up this afternoon.” Shikato told his son. “She sounded pretty sad, her cat probably died or something.”
 
“Whatever. I'll go get a bag.” Shikamaru said and walked up to his room. He pulled a bag from his closet and put clothes for the next day in it, his toothbrush and zipped it up. Walking down the stairs he waved a hand at his dad before walking out and starting the walk to his friends house.
 
XOX
 
Kagome sat in Itachi's room crying her eyes out on his shoulder. He patted her back comfortingly as they listened to Kagome's sad music. “It's going to get better Kagome.”
 
Kagome nodded her head and sobbed. “He didn't say why he…he just said that he couldn't be with me. Said I could do better.” She sniffled and smiled up at her friend with watery eyes. “I don't want anyone else Itachi. I just want him.”
 
“I know Kagome, but there's nothing you can do.” He said. “Sometimes you just have to get up and move on. Here, I'll put on your favourite song while I get us some cookies.” He walked to the stereo and skipped tracks. He left just as the guitars came on and heard Kagome give a loud sob as he closed he door.
 
Kagome sat back against the headboard and sang along.
 
“Oh I had a lot to say was thinking on my time away
I missed you and things weren't the same

Cause everything inside it never comes out right
and when I see you cry it makes me want to die

I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry I'm blue, I'm sorry about all things I said to you
and I know I can't take it back

I love how you kiss, I love all you're sounds, and baby the way you make my world go round

And I just wanted to say I'm sorry:

This time I think I'm to blame it's harder to get through the days
you get older and blame turns to shame
Cause everything inside it never comes out right
and when I see you cry it makes me want to die

I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry I'm blue, I'm sorry about all things I said to you
and I know I can't take it back

I love how you kiss, I love all you're sounds, and baby the way you make my world go round

And I just wanted to say I'm sorry:
Every single day I think about how we came all this way
the sleepless nights and the tears you cried it's never too late to make it right
oh yeah sorry!
I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry I'm blue, I'm sorry about all things I said to you
and I know I can't take it back
I love how you kiss, I love all you're sounds, and baby the way you make my world go round
and I just wanted to say I'm sorry”
Once the song was done, Kagome allowed herself to sob some more. Her heart was breaking and she just wanted to die. The strains of Hinders `Better Than Me' began to play as the tears fell.
 
XOX
 
Itachi took some cookies from the cookie jar and placed them on a plate. As he was pouring some milk into two glasses, his brothers and Shikamaru came through the kitchen door laughing.
 
“Hey is Kagome here?” Naruto asked.
 
Itachi nodded as he put the milk back in the fridge. “She's feeling really down right now, so you boys have to leave her be okay.”
 
“What's wrong with Kagome?” Shikamaru found himself saying before he could stop them.
 
“Her boyfriend of nearly two years dumped her today.” Itachi said as he grabbed the milk and cookies.
 
Sasuke wrapped his arm around Naruto. “That's really bad. Kagome loved him a lot. Hey we should go comfort her!”
 
Naruto nodded. “You in Shika?”
 
Shikamaru shrugged. “Sure why not.”
 
The three followed Itachi to his room, Sasuke and Naruto giggling the whole time, while trying to hide in the shadows. Once they reached Itachi's room, Itachi placed the cookies on the table next to the now immobile Kagome and sighed. “You all move with stealth of elephant.”
 
Kagome gave a small giggle and reached for a cookie. “I think they were trying to move with stealth of ninja.”
 
“You can't move with stealth of ninja if you cackle with laugh of hyena.” Itachi retorted and the three boys came into the room.
 
Sasuke and Naruto climbed onto the bed and cuddled up to Kagome. “We're sorry Kagome.”
 
Kagome shrugged, tears gathering at the corner of her eyes. “Shit happens. You just have to pick yourself and move on, right `Tachi?”
 
Itachi nodded and dunked a cookie. “That or get piss ass drunk.”
 
“Shut up `Tachi.” Kagome giggled again, wiping away the tears. “You know that your parents would disown us both if we turned up drunk.”
 
Itachi gave a chuckle. He pushed Sasuke aside and grabbed her. “No they wouldn't. They'd disown me, but they'd never do that to you! You're their precious daughter that they never had.”
 
Sasuke, disgruntled from being shoved by his brother, shoved him, and Kagome, off the bed and instigated a pillow fight. Naruto dived into the fray swinging a fuzzy purple watermelon stuffy at Shikamaru. With a shrug and a sigh, Shikamaru joined in.
 
XOX
 
“Okay, I have never…” Kagome placed a finger to her lips. “Hmm. I have never kissed someone of my gender.”
 
It had been a month since her break up and the five of them were sitting in Kagome's living room playing `I've never.'
 
Itachi sighed and put one of those incredibly sour candies in his mouth. Kagome gasped. “Who?”
 
Face puckered, Itachi looked at her. “Remember Kisame? That guy in our old math class?”
 
Kagome squealed and shook her head. “You're kidding me! When?”
 
“At Inuyasha's party last year.” He replied.
 
The three younger boys made a grossed out face and Itachi chuckled. “Okay my turn. I have never…seen any of those Scary Movie's”
 
Kagome and Shikamaru ate a sour candy and winced. Shikamaru swallowed his candy and sighed. “My turn I guess. I've never had a girlfriend.”
 
Everyone but Itachi ate a candy. Naruto and Sasuke shrugged. “We're too young for girls.”
 
Naruto bounced in his seat. “My turn, my turn! I have never been to the beach.”
 
“Yeah you have! Mum and dad took us to the beach when we were five!” Sasuke said. “Try again.”
 
Naruto sighed. “Then I've never kissed someone older than me.”
 
Kagome and Itachi ate one. Sasuke looked at Kagome. “Neji was three months younger than you.”
 
Kagome grinned. “Yeah but Itachi isn't.”
 
“Ewww! You kissed my brother!” Naruto said.
 
“That's just too gross!” Sasuke finished.
 
Kagome laughed and pulled her legs under her on the sofa she was sitting on. “Come on guys! We were the same age as you and heard some of the older kids talking about it, so we decided to try it. If I remember correctly, it was wet.”
 
Itachi nodded. “Very wet. There was slobber everywhere.” He roared with laughter when he saw his brothers gagging. “You'll do it to some day!”
 
“I don't think I want to play anymore!” Naruto yelled. “I want to play truth or dare.”
 
Sasuke looked at his twin and nodded huge grin on his face. “Ooh yeah. Is Bankotsu in?”
 
Kagome shrugged. “Hey Bankotsu!” She yelled. Hearing nothing. “Sorry guys, my brothers not home.”
 
“Either that or he's got Jak over.” Itachi said.
 
Kagome wrinkled her nose and stuck her tongue out. “Ew. Those two are horrid to me.”
 
“Who are they?” Shikamaru asked.
 
“Bankotsu is my older brother, and Jak is his boyfriend.” Kagome explained. “Anyway, Naruto said something about truth or dare, so why don't we up the stakes a little?”
 
“How so?” Shikamaru asked.
 
“Well, when me and Itachi play with the others, it's do the dare or do something gross and or painful. Like down a shot of vinegar or, take a shot from the tazer.” Kagome explained. She noted the `wtf' look on the three younger boys' faces and elaborated. “My dad's a cop, so we have a tazer and pepper spray on hand at all times.”
 
With a sigh, Shikamaru nodded. “Troublesome.”
 
“Great! So, since it was Naruto's idea, he goes first.” Itachi said.
 
“Okay.” His eyes roamed the room and landed on Kagome. “Truth or dare Kagome.”
 
“Truth.” Kagome said.
 
Naruto's eyes gained a devilish glint. “Do you have a crush on anyone?”
 
Kagome nodded. “I do. Its small but its there.”
 
“Who is it?” He asked.
 
“Not telling.” She replied. “Only one question at a time.”
 
“Come on Kagome, tell us!” Sasuke said.
 
Naruto nodded. “Yeah tell us!”
 
“No way!” Kagome yelled. “I'll never tell!”
 
“Tell them what?” Came from the doorway. Standing there was a tall man with long black hair.
 
Naruto looked at him and pouted. “Bankotsu, Kagome won't tell us who she's crushing on.”
 
“Make her!” Sasuke had pouted too.
 
Bankotsu looked at his little sister and grinned evilly.
 
Kagome gasped and scrambled for him. “Don't you dare tell them Bankotsu! I swear I'll hurt you!”
 
He just laughed and moved out of the way. “She really likes this guy that she met about a month ago.”
 
Shikamaru watched in amusement…and hope.
 
“She said he has brown hair and brown eyes.” Bankotsu continued, running away from his sister.
 
Kagome screamed and threw a stray shoe at his head. “I never told you anything!”
 
He shrugged and narrow missed the shoe. “So I read it your diary. Same diff!” He paused for a moment. “What's his name again. It begins with an S…”
 
Shikamaru held his breath. Naruto and Sasuke egged Kagome on while Itachi rolled on the floor clutching his sides.
 
“Satoshi? No that's not it.” Bankotsu said, ducking to avoid the phone book. “Shin…no. It was Shi something. Shinanara?”
 
“ITS SHIKAMARU YOU IDIOT!” Kagome yelled. She placed her hands to her face and fled the room.
 
All eyes fell on Shikamaru he turned bright red.
 
Itachi patted him on the back. “At least he has the decency to blush. Well, what are you waiting for go get your girl!”
 
Shikamaru nodded and raced up the stairs after Kagome.
 
Naruto and Sasuke exchanged looks. “We've never seen Shika move that fast.”
 
XOX
 
Shikamaru walked into Kagome's room with a sigh. “Hey Kagome.”
 
Kagome blushed and buried her face into her hands. “I'm going to kill my brother for telling you.”
 
He moved over to her and sat on the bed beside her. “If it's any consolation, they got a blush out of me.”
 
“Oh yeah, I feel so much better now.” She said sarcastically. “I found out my brother reads my diary and you found out I like you, but that's okay because you blushed!”
 
Shikamaru sighed. “You're not going to make this easy are you?”
 
“I have no idea what you're talking about.” Kagome huffed.
 
“Troublesome.” Shikamaru muttered before he crabbed her by the shoulders and crushed his lips to hers.
 
XOX
 
“What do you think is taking them so long?” Naruto said.
 
“It's been ten minutes.” Sasuke replied.
 
Naruto shook his head. “Yeah, but this is Shikamaru we're talking about. Anything that takes even minimal effort isn't worth doing.”
 
“Good point.” Sasuke said. “So, if they're not down in five minutes, we go spy?”
 
“Oh yeah.” Naruto said with a grin.
 
“No need.” Itachi said. “Here they are now.”
 
The pair walked into the living room together and sat down. Four pairs of eyes were on them.
 
“What?” Kagome said, shooting a glare at her brother.
 
“Well?” Itachi said. “Did you kiss and make up?”
 
“Something like that.” Shikamaru said with a small smile.
 
Owari x
 
Wellidy, I hope you all liked this and you know the drill.
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx