Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Loves... ❯ Itachi Uchiha ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Shortly after I read the review from whom this onesie is dedicated to, the first line popped into my head and I worked from it.
 
Pairing: Itachi Uchiha x Kagome Higurashi
 
Summary: Itachi Uchiha calls a psychiatric helpline to try and overcome the homicidal thoughts he harbored toward his father. He finds so much more.
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and Naruto belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Masashi Kishimoto respectively.
 
Dedicated to Alexian, who requested it.
 
Cry for help
 
“Konoha Psychiatric Helpline, this is Kagome speaking how may I help you today?”
 
It had started as a simple call to help him overcome the homicidal thoughts he was harbouring, but over the months it had developed into so much more. He became dependent on her, as though her mere voice was the angel's chorus.
 
“I don't really know what to do. You see this is my first time calling.” He said.
 
“Well how about we start with your name and why you are calling.” Kagome replied.
 
“Yes, um, my name is Itachi Uchiha and I am calling because lately I have found myself having homicidal thoughts toward my parents. My father specifically.” Itachi explained.
 
Kagome sighed. Another teen wanting to kill his parents. “Well Itachi, I am here to help you overcome any problems you are having. Can you tell me when you first noticed these thoughts?”
 
Itachi was silent for a moment. “It started about two month ago when I noticed how silent my younger brother was at dinner. Sasuke has always been a happy child, always talking about something, but this time he was…so not like himself.”
 
“Continue.” Kagome said.
 
Itachi sighed. “Well, when I confronted him on it later that evening, he told me that father had been pushing him extra hard during training, telling him that he was a disgrace to the Uchiha name because he could not activate out family's kekkei genkai yet.”
 
“It is not unusual for parents to push their children, specifically children in training of the shinobi way.” She replied. “Tell me, how old is your brother?”
 
“Sasuke is five.” He deadtoned. “He isn't even in the academy yet and father is pushing him to live up to my accomplishments. It is not fair on Sasuke and I really don't want him to grow up hating me.”
 
“That is understandable Itachi, It would destroy me if my brother were to hate me.” Kagome smiled fondly, thinking of the boy she had taken in soon after he arrival in Konoha. “Have you considered confronting your father on this issue?”
 
Itachi snorted. “You obviously don't know my father. He won't listen to reason, and if I were to confront him, he would merely laugh at me.”
 
Kagome nodded. Yes, she knew Fugaku Uchiha and she thought he was a pompous ass. “Okay, well, when did the thought first become a problem?”
 
“It started as an idle thought, but lately I am actually imagining scenarios that would involve me killing him.” Itachi gave a groan. “The thing is, I have it all planned out so that I could get away with it. I love my mother very much, but she is too spineless and is not doing anything to prevent the victimization of Sasuke. What should I do?”
 
“I think that you should take a step back and look at the bigger picture.” Kagome said. “Do you really want to be the one that causes the death of your parents? I can tell that you love your brother very much, and how do you think he would feel if his idol was to cause so much pain in his life?”
 
“How do you know Sasuke idolizes me?” Itachi asked.
 
Kagome smiled as thought of the small black haired child that usually caused havoc in her house. “He is my brother best friend. Back to the point, try to imagine what it would feel like to be in Sasuke's shoes. Your beloved brother, your idol, is the one that murdered your parents. Sure your father needs to get his priorities straight and should be grateful for one child prodigy, but in the end, I'm sure he loves both you boys very much and wants only the best for you.”
 
“He has a funny way of showing it.” He mumbled.
 
Kagome gave a small chuckle. “That he does, but I know that he is proud of you. A parents greatest wish is to see their children happy, he just doesn't know how to tell you how proud he is. He uses pressure to try and make you reach your goals.”
 
“That may actually be true. As soon as I made ANBU, he took the pressure off of me.” Itachi said.
 
“And we have a breakthrough!” Kagome said happily. “Anytime you are feeling as though you want to harm your parents, take a step back and try to see the world through Sasuke's eyes. You will see that you are only going to harm the one you are trying to protect. If that doesn't work, please call again and I will be more than happy to help.”
 
“Thank you.” Itachi said. I do have a question though.”
 
“I'm listening.” Kagome replied.
 
“How do you know so much about this?” he asked.
 
“You aren't the only child prodigy n Konoha, Itachi.” Kagome said with a smile. “Well, thank you for calling Konoha Psychiatric Helpline and I hope your life runs smoothly from now on.”
 
XOX
 
Itachi hung up the phone with a sigh. He felt surprisingly better. That Kagome girl knew how to make things clearer to him, and she had not used any psychological babble that left his head spinning. He walked to his bedroom door and threw it open. “Sasuke! Come here a moment please!”
 
Less than a moment alter, the small child came into his older brothers room with puffy eyes and a sad smile on his face. “Yes nii-san?”
 
Itachi got down to Sasuke's level and drew him into a tight hug. “I want you to know that no matter what happens, I am proud of you otouto.”
 
Sasuke's smile grew into a real one. “Thank you nii-san, I only wish I could be more like you and activate my kekkei genkai.”
 
Itachi got up and ruffled his hair. “Let me tell you a little secret. It took me months to get my Sharingan activated. Now, how about we test out our stealth skills be sneaking into the kitchen and getting some of those cookies that okaa-san always has for us hmm?”
 
Sasuke grabbed his brother's hand with a grin. “Yeah!”
 
XOX
 
Kagome walked into her apartment with a sigh. She tossed her keys onto the kitchen table and pulled some cocoa out of the cupboard. “Naruto, Iruka? Are you here?”
 
Two blurs of energy, one blond, one brown came running into the kitchen where she was. She smiled softly at them. “How was your afternoon boys?”
 
“It was great Kagome-nee!” The five-year-old blond said. “Iruka-nii took me to the training grounds to watch the genin train for exams!”
 
The fifteen-year-old brunette grinned and nodded. “We had fun. How was work Kagome-chan?”
 
“Tiring. I had a nonstop stream of calls all afternoon. I didn't even have time to stop for coffee.” Kagome said as she began to heat some milk. “Are you going to stay the night Iruka or do you want me to take you home?”
 
Iruka shrugged. “It doesn't really matter Kagome-chan, either is fine with me.”
 
“In that case, you can put the spare futon up in Naruto's room while I prepare come hot cocoa for us.”
 
XOX
 
It was festival time in Konoha and Itachi hated it. He saw it as an excuse for his family to prance around, showing everyone how bigger they were than everyone else. That and he hated wearing traditional clothing. He was holding Sasuke's hand as his parents flitted about, giving pleasantries to all of the influential members of the village. He felt a small tug on his hand and looked down at Sasuke.
 
“Itachi-nii, can I go see my friend?” Sasuke asked quietly.
 
Itachi nodded and let go of his hand. He watched as Sasuke ran over towards a small blond haired boy being accompanied by an older looking brunette boy. He vaguely wondered what Kagome was doing. Itachi had spoken to the telephone therapist many times over the past month, and gradually, the conversation had changed from his mental health to friendly queries. He knew that she had passed something she called `college' with flying colours at age sixteen, something that is highly unusual for children in her village. He also knew that she had adopted a young boy after entering the village because she had seen how he was treated and decided that she would be the perfect big sister for him. Itachi could no longer hide it. He was addicted to his therapist. Her very voice was the reason that he called; she gave him some peace. With a sigh, Itachi turned his attention back to his brother. He saw a black haired woman rapidly approaching them, and began to walk over. She reached the three before he did, and shock was evident on his face as Sasuke hugged her around the legs.
 
“Sasuke, it is not okay to hug random ladies.” He said as he reached them.
 
Sasuke looked at Itachi with a smile that he hadn't used in months. “Kagome-chan isn't a stranger Itachi-nii! She's Naruto's big sister.”
 
“And Naruto is…?” Itachi said as he eyed the woman out of the corner of his eye.
 
“Naruto is my bested friend.” Sasuke said. “But I don't see Kagome-chan that much cash she's always working, but that's okay because Iruka-kun looks after Naruto when Kagome's not there.”
 
Itachi nodded. “It is a pleasure to meet you Kagome-san.”
 
Kagome smiled. “Likewise Itachi-san. Sasuke-kun has told me so much about you.”
 
Itachi's eyes widened. He knew that voice so very well. “Is that so? Well, Kagome-san please let me take the time to thank you for all the help you have given me over the past month, and you were right. All I had to do was step back and look at the bigger picture.”
 
Kagome gave a small gasp and looked at Iruka. She handed him some money. “Would you please take the boys for some ramen Iruka?”
 
Iruka spotted the look in her eyes and left.
 
Kagome turned back to Itachi. “You're that homicidal boy that keeps calling? Well, I never would have thought it would be you.”
 
Itachi gave a small smile. “Well, I never would have expected you to be so young. I was expecting an old maid.”
 
Kagome's mouth hung open for a minute before she replaced the look with a grin. “In that case, would you care to join me for some dango? This old maid is getting rather hungry.”
 
Itachi gave a chuckle and held out his arm to her. “I'd be more than happy to.”
 
Owari x
 
I really hope you all liked this oneshot!
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx