Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ Club, Tennis, Lesson and A Game ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
 
 
Disclaimer : I'm poor, I don't have the money to own Ouran regardless how much I wanted to. So, don't sue. The OCs are all mine though, try not to steal them. Hoho..
 
A/N : OMG, I got 11 freaking flipping reviews for the last chapter. That's like so much!! I was so ecstatic!!
 
Anyway, cookies to TheNewKid25, duckichan87 (thanks for reviewing every chapter!), RenRen0441, Lily, Hao'sAnjul, Thunder Ring, MKLlim, Konkon Sujji, The ruby wolf, Lovi and Manson.
 
I'm really glad that you guys like the last chapter and for those who requested for more KyouyaYukiya moment, this chapter was written especially for you guys. Hope you guys enjoy it cos I definitely do enjoy writing this one!!
 
 
 
(chapter06) CLUB, TENNIS, LESSON and A GAME!
 
-----
 
 
(Normal POV)
 
Music Room 3
Monday, 2.00 pm
 
 
“Haruhi-chan, which club are you joining again?” Yukiya asked Haruhi, who was busying herself with the sport club admission form. Yup, it was the time of the year again where every student of Ouran has to choose any sport club available for their co-curricular activities.
 
Haruhi scratched her head. “I guess I'm taking gymnastic this year.”
 
“Gymnastic? That's something I never guess you'll join,” Yukiya said after thinking for a while.
 
“That's the only club that I can think of, which none of the Host Club would join,” she finished, jotting down her details on the form.
 
“You read my mind. I also don't want to be anywhere near the Host Club member for my co-curricular activities.” Just as she finished her sentence, Hikaru and Kaoru entered the music room. “Yo, minna-san,” the twins chorused.
 
“Hikaru, Kaoru, what club did you guys choose?” Yukiya asked.
 
Grinning widely, Hikaru replied, “We're joining the Basketball Team.”
 
Haruhi nodded. “How about Tamaki-senpai?”
 
“I saw the Soccer Club asking Tamaki-senpai earlier today to join their club after acknowledging his `Starlight Kick' skill,” Kaoru said.
 
“Did he agree?”
 
“Yup, he didn't even think twice,” Hikaru answered nonchalantly.
 
“Um.. Since Honey-senpai is in Karate Club, Mori-senpai in Kendo Club and Kyouya-senpai in Chess Club….” Yukiya words trailed off.
 
“What is it, Yukiya-chan?” Haruhi inquired.
 
“This means that I'm joining the Tennis Club!!! TENNIS CLUB, HERE I COME!!!” Yukiya screamed, holding her admission form high in the air and dashed toward the exit. “FREEDOM, YOU AND I WILL BE TOGETHER FINALLY!!”
 
“Wait, Yukiya-chan..” Haruhi tried to stop her but she vanished before Haruhi managed to say anything else.
 
“Didn't Kyouya-senpai change his club this year?” Hikaru cocked his head to the side.
 
Kaoru nodded absentmindedly. “I'm pretty sure he's joining Tennis Club this year.”
 
Haruhi groaned. “Uh-oh, this can't be good.”
 
Hikaru and Kaoru exchanged mischief glances with each other. “No, Haruhi. This might be an interesting event,” the twins snickered.
 
 
------
 
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
 
“Tennis Club, here I come.. Tennis club, here I come..” I chanted while walking down the hallway toward the Tennis Club clubroom. A guy went out from the clubroom, who I instantly recognized as Ogawa Akutsu, a third year student who was the captain of the Tennis Club.
 
“Ogawa-senpai,” I called out, brandishing my admission form wildly to gain his attention. Running toward him quickly, I handed him my form.
 
“You want to join this club?” he asked, flipping through my form.
 
“No, I want to join the Geek Club,” I said sarcastically, and then stuck out my tongue playfully, “Kidding.. kidding.. Of course, I want to join Tennis Club. No duh.”
 
He gave me an amused smile before nodded in approval. “You sure? You can't change your club after this, well, not until next year.”
 
“Yup, I'm 100 percent sure. No regret at all.”
 
“Okay then, I'll process the form as soon as I can. Glad to have you in our club, Mikihara-san,” he said, holding out his hand to me.
 
Taking his hand in mine, I replied. “Trust me, so do I.”
 
 
-----
 
(Normal POV)
 
Tennis Club clubroom
 
“Ootori-kun, a guy just signed up for the club,” Akutsu stated, ensconced himself in the chair directly in front of Kyouya.
 
Without even bothering to take his eyes off his laptop, Kyouya asked, “Who?”
 
“Mikihara Yukiya, a first year student. He seems to be a pretty energetic guy,” Akutsu answered, absentmindedly flipping through the form.
 
Upon hearing the name, Kyouya averted his gaze toward Akutsu. “Let me see the form.” Akutsu handed him the form casually. “What is it, Ootori-kun?”
 
Kyouya sneered. “Looks like accepting your offer to be the Vice Captain of this club isn't so bad after all.”
 
 
-----
 
 
Mikihara Mansion
Monday, 10.25 pm
 
 
“Yeah, I already submitted my form to the captain of Tennis Club. Why?” Yukiya asked Haruhi, who was on the other end of the phone line.
 
“Well, I hope you're not angry or anything. I mean, I tried to stop you but well, you just vanished. Not like BOOM! vanished, more like, you're so fast that it seems like you vanished and I wa-”
 
“Okay, I would love to hear you babble, but seriously, I have much more important stuff to do, like trying to grow my hair back or maybe try to think of a plan to free myself from the Host Club!! Oh, speaking of that, I need to choose my tennis attire for tomorrow. Now that I'm a guy, I can't wear skirt anymore. So, goodbye and see you at school and yay, I'm in tennis club where none of the Host Club member existed!!! Look how happy I am, I'm jumping on my bed. Freedom from the eyes of the hawk, which is Kyouya-senpai if you want to know, freedom and I can finally be together,” Yukiya gibbered, jumping in joy onto her already messy bad.
 
“That's what I've been trying to tell you. Tennis Club, Kyou-”
 
“Okay, Haruhi-chan. I'm hanging up,” Yukiya said, hanging up the cordless phone.
 
Before the line went dead, somewhere between the lines, Haruhi screamed, “Kyouya-senpai is in Tennis Club with you, baka!!!”
 
Of course, Mikihara Yukiya, being our ignorant heroine, didn't even noticed the screaming as she was so busy hopping out of her room to go to the kitchen and prepared herself a late-night meal.
 
Yum!
 
 
-----
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
Ouran High School, tennis court
The next day
Tuesday, 11.00 am
 
 
Ah, the sweet aroma of the fresh breeze. Life is good when you are away from a certain person, who managed to irritate me to no end, if you know who I am referring to.
 
Anyway, I digress.
 
I was on cloud nine (okay, I know what you're going to say. That is such a hackneyed idiom but who cares, the point is, I'm happy!) to know that I'm somewhere where the Host Club member would never come and bother me. I was wearing a baggy short and a slightly oversized shirt and walking toward the tennis court. Being a guy sure is suck, I mean, I didn't even have a choice in what to wear. That was the only tennis attire a guy might and should wear. There was no variety and nothing else. So umm.. How should I put it?
 
Deathly boring, insipid, dull, bland, and did I mention, boring?
 
Okay, I was being tangent again, didn't I?
 
I entered the court and passed by some guys. I smirked at them and gave them a glance that said I'm-much-better-than-you-so-just-vanish-from-my-sight-if-you-want-to-contin ue-living-your-pathetic-life. I know I am so evil, but who cares, I'm cute. People just can't resist my charm. Okay, now I'm just being plain conceited.
 
As I reverted my sight to the front, I bumped into a guy. I was about to yell, or better yet, give him a piece of my mind but as I looked up, my heart - I swear - just stopped beating for a second.
 
“Kyouya-senpai..” was all I managed to mutter with my current strength.
 
He smirked at me and said, “Hi, Yukiya-san.”
 
I was too stunned at first to even move my legs. But as quickly as that happened, I regained my composure again. “What the hell are you doing here? Are you, like, stalking me or something?” I screamed, only to see his smile widened.
 
He was wearing a white shorts and a black polo shirt that really brought out his eyes. His eyes looked so much different; somehow, it looked so dark and deep when he had taken off his glasses.
 
Woah, wait, rewind.
 
He had taken off his glasses?
 
And did I just compliment his eyes?
 
What the hell is wrong is me? Must be something I ate last night. Um.. what was it that I ate? Oh yeah, the homemade tuna sandwich for my late-night meal. That tuna in the can must be poisonous. I mean, how else could I think of such a weird and gross thing? That was so unlike me.
 
Anyway, back to the story.
 
“Stalking you bring no merit to me. Besides, I joined the club before you do,” he replied, the smirk was still intact on his face.
 
I rolled my eyes. “Oh yeah. Like I'm going to believe that little white lies of yours.”
 
“I don't want to interfere or anything but little guy, he is telling the truth. He joined the club before you do. In fact, I was the one who offered him the position Vice Captain of this club,” Ogawa-senpai suddenly emerged out of nowhere, backing Kyouya-senpai up.
 
Great! Kyouya-senpai's little cronies were here to save him!
 
“Whatever. I have better things to do than just wasting my life away, chatting with you guys. I'm here to play tennis and I will do just that,” I said firmly, walking away from both of them.
 
Well, I wish I was walking away from them but sadly, Kyouya-senpai just had to be the jerk and made my life a living hell. He, nonchalantly, stopped me from walking away by using just his tennis racket, pushing it lightly against my belly.
 
“Hey, your racket is in my way,” I yelled, losing my temper by minutes.
 
“I challenge you to a duel. I mean, you're here to play right?” he said calmly, his racket was still blocking my way. By that time, Ogawa-senpai already left. He was a very busy man.
 
Anyhow, I gave him a scathing glare but seriously, I was not so sure, whether he noticed it or not because he was still wearing that smirk on his face. Talk about annoying!
 
“Fine,” I grumbled.
 
“Wait, there's more.”
 
I raised my eyebrows. “More?”
 
“You don't expect a challenge without a wager right?”
 
Oh my God, a wager? Isn't that like a gamble or something? What the hell did I just get myself into?
 
“Okay, if you lose, you got to quit Tennis Club,” I replied after putting some thought in it.
 
“Okay, I take that. If you lose?”
 
I stared at him incredulously, “What?”
 
“You didn't think you would lose? Well, if you did lose in some way, you have to stay in the Host Club until you graduate, and no getting out of it,” he finished, staring right into my eyes expectantly.
 
I snorted. “Fine. Just don't regret this later.”
 
“I won't but you will.”
 
-----
 
Six to zero.
 
I lost. I freaking lost.
 
Okay, maybe it was not that unexpected.
 
To tell you the truth, I didn't even know how to play tennis, much more, to win a match. Hey, don't give me that look. I never lied. It was just that nobody ever asked me. Why I joined the club in the first place? I told you, I need place where none of the Host Club members existed. Sadly, my plan went into ruin after Kyouya-senpai beat me.
 
You know what humiliated me the most? The fact that I didn't even managed to catch any of the ball, instead, I just ducked them. Not such a smart move to do in tennis, huh? If you knew that, shouldn't you be telling me before the match started?
 
Anyway, there I was, in the tennis court, stooping low with both my hands covering my head (in ducking position, if you want to call it that) in humiliation. My pride was totally sullied. There was no turning back.
 
“Why don't you tell me that you don't even know how to play tennis?” he said, resting his elbow on the brink of the net.
 
Ignoring him fully, I stood up and walked away in the opposite direction - toward the exit. And surprisingly, (please note my sarcasm) he stopped me, yet again.
 
Turning around to face him, I growled. “What more do you want? You win, and I'm stuck in the Host Club forever, happy?”
 
“Yes, I'm overwhelmed with happiness. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is that, I'll teach you tennis,” he responded.
 
I gave him a weird look. “What?”
 
I saw him closing his eyes momentarily, probably to calm himself before he continued, “I'll teach you tennis.”
 
Before I managed to say anything else, he dragged me back onto the tennis court.
 
 
-----
 
 
“Okay, I'll serve and you try to catch it, okay?” Kyouya-senpai instructed.
 
I just nodded dumbly, wondering what the hell was I doing, getting a tennis lesson from him, of all people in the world.
 
And guess what? I managed to catch the ball in my first try.
 
Haha. Nice guess but wrong. Let me remind you that we were now living in reality, where not all of our dream can come true.
 
And wasn't reality a harsh one?
 
I missed every single ball. No surprise there.
 
“Not like that. Do it like this, like what I'm doing, see?” he gestured at what he was doing and I tried to follow. “Okay, I'll serve again, and you try to catch the ball using that technique.”
 
I nodded. And guess what? This time I really managed to catch the ball. Yay me!
 
Kyouya-senpai grinned. “I guess you were not half bad.”
 
I felt a smile crept onto my face. “I guess so.”
 
“Okay, moving onto the next lesson.”
 
I shrieked. “There's more?”
 
“Of course, you wouldn't think catching the ball is the only important thing, would you?” he said, his eyes showed a glint of amusement.
 
Actually, I did. But I wouldn't want to admit that of course.
 
“Whatever. Do you just prefer to keep talking or actually teach me something useful? How about none of them so I can just go home?” I riposted.
 
He smirked. “Okay, next lesson. Serve.” He showed me how to do it. He slowly threw the ball into the air and with a swing of his racket, he sent the ball to my side of the court. “Can you do it?”
 
“Of course.” I said smugly. Bending my knees a little, just like Kyouya-senpai did, I threw the ball high into the air and swung the racket with all my strength and send it flying across the court…
 
… And the ball fell onto the court, on my side, with a silent thud.
 
What? The ball was still on my side? Then, what the hell did I just sent flying just now? Before I fully registered of what I just did, to my horror, I saw my racket - MY RACKET - flew across the court toward Kyouya-senpai.
 
Everything seemed to be in the slow-mo.
 
I screamed and closed my eyes, hoping that this was all just a dream, albeit I fully realized that it wasn't.
 
I heard the sound of the racket made against the ground. Do I dare to open my eyes now?
 
Opening my eyes slowly, I saw two dark orbs staring right into my eyes. Instinctively, I flinched backward slightly. My breath hitched.
 
Woah, the proximity. He just invaded my personal space for heaven's sake!
 
“What the hell?” I screamed. “How the hell did you get here so fast?”
 
Kyouya-senpai gave me an amused grin. “I'm beginning to regret of what I said just now. Apparently, you are that bad.”
 
I gave him a glare, which he casually ignored.
 
“Okay, look. This is how you should be serving,” he said as he gently rested his hand on my shoulder. Using his other hand, he slipped it around my waist and rectified my stance. Then, he removed his hand from my shoulder and I felt that hand snaked its way onto my arm connected to the hand I was holding the racket in, making me lower the racket gently. He pressed his body closer to me as he murmured something into my ears. Something about the right tennis position or maybe something about serving. I was not so sure anymore. Paying attention to him seemed to be an impossible task right now as I was too busy acknowledging the weird fluttery feel in my stomach and the heat that I felt started to creep its way onto my cheek.
 
What the hell was wrong with me?
 
It was probably just the heat.
 
... I hope.
 
-----
 
(Normal POV)
 
 
“See, I told you it's going to be interesting,” Hikaru said to Haruhi as they watched the scene of Kyouya and Yukiya at the tennis court.
 
Haruhi's eyes widened. “This is probably a little too much for my eyes.”
 
“Kyou-chan do looks good with Miki-chan, ne, Takashi?” Honey said to Mori.
 
“Huh..” Mori nodded.
 
“Ne, Hikaru. Are you thinking what I am thinking right now?” Kaoru grinned.
 
Wait.. don't tell me that you're thinking about the same thing that I am thinking in my mind right now that I think you shouldn't be thinking about, Kaoru,” Hikaru replied, giving his twin a mischievous grin.
 
“And what is exactly are you're thinking that you think I shouldn't be thinking about, because it's a possibilities that I'm thinking about the same thing that you're thinking earlier,” came Kaoru's reply.
 
“Okay..” Haruhi stared at the twins in complete blank. “Is it just me, or is this conversation turning a little bit weird right now.”
 
The twins gave Haruhi a wide grin. “Haruhi, we think we just got ourselves a new game.”
 
 
-----
 
 
 
(relief sigh) Finally, I finished this chapter. Woah, this is like the hardest chapter I wrote so far, but I loved this chapter. It's really different from what I usually wrote. Anyway, I'm so sorry that this chapter mostly comprises of Yukiya's POV. Well, it is quite easy to write using her point of view.
 
And hope you guys don't mind that this chapter focused so much on Kyouya and Yukiya. No spotlight for the other characters. I was having blast writing about those two that I completely forgot about the others. Gomen ne~
 
Anyway, please review and let me know what you think of this chapter so that I can improve. Or if you rather I just stop, just let me know.
 
Review if you think I should continue with the pairing!!
 
Until then, ja~