Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ Plan Phase One or Is It? ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
 
 
Disclaimer : I'm poor, I don't have the money to own Ouran regardless how much I wanted to. So, don't sue. The OCs are all mine though, try not to steal them. Hoho..
 
 
A/N : Thanks to Manson, The ruby wolf, duckichan87, Kiya-chan, defaultNinja, Lady Seiryu, Thunder Ring and Kyae Sohma for the reviews!!! Anyway, so sorry for the late update. I was so busy with my SAT and assignment so writing fanfic is out of question for me. So, hope you guys forgive me and enjoy the latest chapter of this fic. This is not the best from me but still, I do hope you guys like it!!
 
Here ya go!
 
 
(chapter07) PLAN PHASE ONE.. OR IS IT?
 
 
-----
 
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
It was Tuesday morning, a day after the terrible tennis club meeting. And here I was, walking all by myself in the hallway toward my class. I was about to pull out my notebook from my sling bag when a voice shocked the hell out of me.
 
Wait, scratch that. Actually, two voices shocked the hell out of me.
 
“HIYO, YUKIYA!!!!!!!!!!!!,” the evil twins (or so I thought) greeted me.
 
I rolled my eyes. “What?! Do you guys have to use those loud voices of yours this early? You almost gave me a heart attack.”
 
Hikaru grinned, slinging his arm around my shoulder casually. “So, how's the tennis club meeting yesterday?”
 
My lips immediately turned into a scowl at the question. “Horrible. My pride was tarnished, I just found out that I got an acute stomach disease and I was pretty sure that I was losing my mind.”
 
“That bad, huh?” another voice interrupted.
 
“Yup, it is and…” my words trailed off as I suddenly recognized the owner of the voice.
 
I turned around to find myself staring into Kyouya-senpai's face. Narrowing my eyes, I said to him, “Do you have a habit of stalking people?”
 
He smirked. “Nope. But you might want to check if you yourself have that habit.”
 
I gave a weird look. “What is that supposed to mean?”
 
“You sure you're not following me? I mean, the sight of you on the second floor where all the second-year classes is located is very suspicious indeed,” he retorted.
 
Hikaru and Kaoru burst out laughing at my back. “What?! What would I want to stalk you? Whatever, I'm going to class.” I finished lamely, stomping my way down the stair.
 
“Urgh.. Damn Kyouya-senpai and the huge ego of his? Why the hell would I want to stalk him?” I mumbled to myself, before continuing with my whining, “Thank goodness that I don't have to spend more time with him or I swear I'll die.”
 
I swear that I wouldn't have said that if I knew or even have a slightest idea of what is going to happen today.
 
Because I, for once, seriously don't want to die.
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
That morning
Class 1-A
 
 
“Class, I have an important announcement to make,” the bespectacled female teacher in front of the class said, her hands holding a bunch of papers.
 
Every student looked up from their book to the teacher, including me of course.
 
“Okay, I supposed that every one of you already knew about the Senior - Junior Tutorial Program, right?”
 
Well, this would my first of hearing such a thing. Who the hell is supposed to know about such a weird sounding program?
 
Turning to Haruhi who was sitting beside me, I whispered, “Ever heard of this thingy before?”
 
She nodded. “It's a program that pairs us up with a senior. To improve our academic performance, they said,” she answered while I nodded dumbly at her explanation.
 
“So, today, I'm going to pair you up with a senior. My decision is final. You and your designated senior will spend time together during your 2 hours free period and 2 more hours after school. Don't even think of skipping the tutorial session because I will have your senior to send in the report on your performance,” the teacher continued.
 
Woah, 4 hours a day! This program is way beyond crazy. Just pray that I'm not going to be paired up with some crazy-lunatic senpai.
 
“Okay, the pairing are - Hitachiin Kaoru with Takashi Morinozuka, bla.. bla.. bla.. Mikihara Yukiya with Haninozuka Mitsukuni, bla.. bla.. bla.. bla.. Fujioka Haruhi with Tamaki Suou and the last one, Hitachiin Hikaru with Ootori Kyouya. So, I guess, that's it.”
 
“Woohoo!! I got Honey-senpai!!” I said with joy. Just when I was about to enjoy the moment, Hikaru raised his hand.
 
“Yes, Hitachiin-kun? You're not satisfied with your partner?”
 
“Not really. It's just that I noticed that Kyouya-senpai forte is math. My biggest weakness however is my history, which I believe Honey-senpai is good at. Shouldn't you switch my partner with Yukiya-san's if that's the case? She's weak in math. That's just my thought though,” Hikaru said innocently.
 
I gaped at his suggestion. Me and Kyouya-senpai? 4 more hours to spend with that devil advocate? As if the hours I spent with him in the Host Club and Tennis Club wasn't enough. My mind was screaming for help but all I can do is stared at the teacher helplessly while praying silently in my heart for a miracle to happen.
 
The teacher (to my dread) nodded in agreement. “My, aren't you an attentive person, Hitachiin-kun. I must say that I'm impressed. Okay, let me check the student's profile and confirmed first.” After a few minutes of flipping and scanning through the profile, the teacher continued, “I think I have to agree with Hitachiin-kun's suggestion. The partner for Hitachiin-kun is now Haninozuka-kun and for Mikihara-kun, you will be partnered with Ootori-kun.”
 
I froze and tried to digest what she had just said.
 
Me and Kyouya-senpai.
 
4 more hours.
 
Together.
 
Suffering.
 
Death.
 
When I fully registered the fact in my mind, only then I stood up and tried to fight back. “But Ms. Atsuka, I-”
 
“My decision is final. The tutorial session is to start tomorrow. Thank you.” With that, she left the class.
 
I slumped myself into the chair in disbelief. Okay, I have to remain calm. Let just run through the choices that I have now. Taking out a piece of paper, I started scribbling down my choices.
 
1) Kill myself
2) Kill Kyouya-senpai
3) Kill Hikaru
4) Kill all the teachers so that the program will be cancelled
5) Build a bridge and get over it
 
“Have fun with Kyouya-senpai,” Hikaru said to me while laughing his ass off.
 
Okay, for some reasons the third choice seems really tempting to me right now.
 
Damn you, Hikaru!
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
(Normal POV)
 
 
“Nice move back there, Hikaru,” Kaoru said, nudging Hikaru lightly.
 
“What move?”
 
“Switching partner stuff with Yukiya.. Isn't that part of your plan?”
 
“What part of whose plan?!” Haruhi intervened.
 
Hikaru laughed. “Nope. That's just me being scared. Can you imagine Kyouya-senpai tutoring me? I could really die.”
 
Kaoru shivered lightly at the thought. “Yeah, to think about it, that might be the scariest thing that can ever happen. Yukiya-chan, may the force be with you,” Kaoru said while his twin just nodded in agreement. “Anyway, I think you should run now. I bet that she's probably somewhere out there searching for you right now to kil-”
 
“HIKARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” came Yukiya's voice.
 
Hikaru paled. “I should get going now, shouldn't I?”
 
Kaoru nodded. “Yeah, I think you should.”
 
With the speed faster than the fastest bullet train in Japan, Hikaru vanished.
 
“Ah, that reminds me. I wonder how Kasumi is doing,” Haruhi muttered to herself.
 
“You haven't called her yet since that night? Some friend you are.”
 
Haruhi punched Kaoru on his arm lightly. “Hey, you're not supposed to say that. I mean, why don't you call her instead? After all, you are the one who got the `special' treatment from her.”
 
Kaoru turned beet red at the comment. “Hey, that's not my fault!”
 
Haruhi chuckled. “I'm just kidding. She always turned to be a kissing machine when she's drank a little too much Coke. Only that she never successfully kissed anyone else before. Well, besides you, of course.”
 
“She can't remember anything, can she?”
 
“I don't think so. Why? Does it matter?”
 
Kaoru scratched his head awkwardly. “Urm.. not really.”
 
“Anyway, I'm going to stop by her workplace this afternoon, see how she's doing.”
 
“Mind if I tag along?”
 
“Does it matter if I mind or not? You'll come anyway.”
 
Kaoru laughed. “Yeah, you might be right about that.”
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
Kaoru's Cake House
5.30 pm
 
 
“She works here?”
 
“No, Ayumi Hamasaki works here,” Haruhi replied, her words were dripping with sarcasm.
 
“She does? Where is she? Where is she?” Kaoru shrieked.
 
Haruhi sighed. “Oh my God, what the hell am I thinking bringing you here with me?”
 
“Because I'm cute and hard to resist?” Kaoru replied, which in the end awarded him with a knock on the head from Haruhi. “Ouch, talk about bad mood. Are you PMS-ing?”
 
“Kaoru, please refrain yourself from talking to avoid anymore pain,” she said, pushing the door of the restaurant. Just when they were about to enter, Kasumi walked out of the restaurant.
 
“Hey, Haruhi-chan, Hitachiin-kun, what are you guys doing here?”
 
“Kasumi, finished your work already?”
 
Kasumi nodded. “Yup, I was about to head home. And what exactly are you guys doing here again?”
 
“Just stopping by to see how you're doing. So, how are you doing?”
 
“Fine, except for the fact that my brother is having me under his surveillance 24/7 for God-knows-what-reason and it's driving me crazy. To think that it was only 2 days after the karaoke thingy. Made me wonder what I did wrong that night.”
 
“You can't remember anything?” Kaoru asked.
 
“By anything, you mean?”
 
“Kasumi-chan, do you remember that you kis-”
 
Beep.. Beep..
 
Haruhi's cellphone rang. “Sorry. It's my dad. I got to go now.”
 
“Hey, you're about to say something just now,” Kasumi stopped Haruhi.
 
“Ah, let Kaoru explains the rest to you,” Haruhi said, waving goodbye at the duo before turning around toward the direction of her house.
 
 
(Kaoru POV)
 
 
Shit! How can Haruhi left me alone with a girl that took advantage of me barely 48 hours ago?! Okay, I got to keep my cool demeanor.
 
Cool…..
 
Cool….
 
Cool…
 
No, I can't keep my cool! That's Kyouya-senpai's job. I'm the little devil type.
Oh, wait.. Hikaru is not here! I can't be a devil without him.
 
What am I going to do now?
 
“Excuse me, Kaoru-kun. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but you're spacing out for at least 10 minutes now. If you don't have anything to say, I want to go home,” Kasumi's voice echoed.
 
“Have you ever had your first kiss?” I blurted out.
 
Okay, that was not supposed to happen. Hey, don't blame me. That was the first thing that crossed my mind.
 
“What?!”
 
“I mean, I did it like all the time. That's what Americans do to greet each other, right?”
 
That was not supposed to happen either. Congratulation Kaoru! You just successfully made yourself sounded like a pervert.
 
She eyed me suspiciously (Well, can't blame her for that. Even I want to give myself a suspicious, dirty look). “The point of you telling me all of this escapes me.”
 
I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. “You should know what you've done to me,” I whispered to myself.
 
“I should know what I've done to you? What have I've done to you?”
 
“You heard that? What? Do you have an elephant ear or something?” I said, unconsciously reaching for her ears.
 
“Hey, what do you think you're doing?” she yelled, slapping my hands.
 
I gave her a weird look. “Hey, you kissed me, but you mind if I touch your ears? Man, you're weird.”
 
“I kissed you?”
 
“Oh, shit! Did I say it out loud?”
 
“I KISSED YOU?! WHEN??!”
 
“No, you don't understand. I mean, you were practically drunk and it all happened too fast and…”
 
I saw her cheeks turned to bright pink. Is she embarrassed?
 
“Are you embarrassed?”
 
She looked up to me in disbelief. Turning around abruptly, she walked away.
 
“Hey, wait. Where are you going?”
 
“Home.”
 
“Wait, I walk you home.”
 
“It's okay. I can go home by myself.”
 
Pulling her by her sleeves, I turned her around to face me. “Urm.. if this can make you feel better, that kiss was actually my first.”
 
Did I just confess that to a girl?
 
For the first time in my life, I was convinced that I was seriously losing my mind.
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
So, sorry for the short chapter. But I really do hope that you guys like this chapter. Actually this chapter is quite important for the KaoruOC pairing, well, you know, to develop the friendship between them or something like that.
 
Anyway, will update as soon as I can.
 
Until then, review please!!!