Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ A Day With the Devil ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
 
 
Disclaimer : I'm poor, I don't have the money to own Ouran regardless how much I wanted to. So, don't sue. The OCs are all mine though, try not to steal them. Hoho..
 
Anyway, thanks to those who have reviewed the last chapter : The ruby wolf, Here Is A Sleeping Forest, PandaYumi7, Kiya- chan, Ritsikas, Thunder Ring, duckichan87, and hibiscus. I love you guys so much!!! Keep reading this story, kay!!!
 
Anyway, by all means, please ignore my grammar mistakes. I'm too tired to check for them..
 
Okay, here you go. Chapter eight of For Your Eyes Only!!
 
(chapter08) A DAY WITH THE DEVIL
 
 
-----
 
Higashi High
Class 1-B
 
(Kasumi POV)
 
“YOU KISSED WHO?!” my best friend, Arisa shrieked. Alarmed, I quickly covered her mouth with my hands.
 
“Newsflash.. I'm trying to be secretive here. Screaming that out loud doesn't exactly help.”
 
Arisa laughed. “Gomen.. gomen.. It's just hard imagining someone like you to be kissing some stupid random guys. I mean, come one, you're like the densest person on Earth that can exist! Stop kidding me, okay!”
 
I knocked my head against the wall a few times. “I wish I was kidding.”
 
“You serious?”
 
“I think we already established that I'm serious.”
 
“Okay fine, who's this guy?”
 
“Hitachiin Kaoru..”
 
“Hitachiin.. Sounds familiar. Hey, isn't that the surname of that popular fashion designer?”
 
I nodded.
 
“WHAT?! YOU KISSED A RICH SNOB?”
 
“Shhh… Let's not forget the fact that I kissed him when I'm drunk with Coke. And besides, he's not a snob. He's quite nice actually.”
 
Arisa rolled her eyes at my statement. “Right.. And I'm the Queen of the World. Look, it is scientifically proven that all rich guys are snobs.”
I sighed. “What am I going to do? It's embarrassing to see him again.”
 
“If it's so embarrassing, don't see him. Nobody ask you to see him. I mean, it's not like you're exactly his friend. End of story.”
 
“Yeah, I guess you're right.”
 
Arisa was right about it. I don't have to see him if I don't want to.
 
But the truth is that I really wanted to see him again so badly.
 
Only then that I realized that I was so in trouble.
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
(Normal POV)
 
“Can I die now?” Yukiya grumbled, dragging her feet through the hallway.
 
“Hey, chill out a bit, will you? It's just a tutorial session, not the end of the world,” Hikaru responded.
 
“Well, thanks to you, it's just become the torture session. And to make things worse, I have to step into his house!! HIS HOUSE!!!! HIS EVIL HOME!!”
 
“You're welcome,” Hikaru replied innocently. “Besides, Kyouya-senpai is not that bad.”
 
“Try telling that to yourself.”
 
“Okay.. Kyouya-senpai is not a bad person.. Damn, you're right. It's hard to convince myself that,” Hikaru groaned.
 
“See, I told you. Kyouya-senpai, he's pure evil,” Yukiya replied. “Anyway, Haruhi, how are you going to Tamaki-senpai's house?”
 
“Urm.. with Tamaki-senpai, I guess. You?”
 
“My limo. No duh.” Yukiya answered shortly.
 
“Oh, speaking of that, where's Kaoru?” Haruhi asked.
 
Hikaru scratched his head. “I don't know. He, sort of, vanished after class.”
 
“Really? To think about it, he seems a little spaced out today. Is he okay?” Yukiya added.
 
“Why would he not be okay?” Hikaru asked.
 
“THAT'S WHY I ASK YOU!!!” Yukiya yelled, pressing her finger into his chest.
 
“DON'T YELL AT MY FACE!!! AND STOP PUSHING YOUR FINGER INTO MY CHEST!”
 
Haruhi sighed and took a quick glance at her wristwatch. “Somehow I get a feeling that we're going to be late.”
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
(Kaoru POV)
 
Okay, when I first woke up from my sleep this morning, Higashi High would probably be the last place on Earth that I want to be at. But when I walked out of Ouran this afternoon, I somehow ended up in front of Higashi High School's gate.
 
Ironic, isn't it?
 
I sighed for the eleven thousandth times for the day. I stared at the building in front me. An average-looking school I would say. I made a face when I heard some girls whispered behind me, throwing me glances every now and then. Attention was good in moderate doses, but when it become like this, all attention can offer is annoyance.
 
And I felt really annoying right now. Not just because of the girls, but also because of the whole thing that happened or will happen today. Whatever that means..
 
“What the hell am I doing here?” I asked myself silently although I was pretty sure that I, myself knew the answer to that question.
 
Running my fingers through my hair, I muttered. “Arghh.. I better go home.”
 
I was about to go back into my limo until I heard someone called my name.
 
“Kaoru-kun?”
 
Oh, this is bad! She was the last person that I wanted to see right now.
 
“What are you doing here?” Kasumi asked, giving me a confused glance as she approached me.
 
“Urm.. I'm not doing anything. I'm just… arr.. lost.. Yeah, I'm lost,” I stuttered.
 
“Oh, really. Are you okay? You're fidgeting… a lot.”
 
Fidgeting? That was an understatement. I can almost like I was drowning in my own pool of sweat. Why am I so nervous?
 
“You don't seem very well,” she added, carefully reaching out her hand to my forehead. Instinctively, I stepped back. For a split second, I swear that I saw her expression turned into a sullen one. But as quickly as it changed, she recovered. “Ah, gomen. My fault for bothering you. I guess I should make my leave now,” she smiled, turning around after giving me a slight farewell nod.
 
“Wait,” I said, finally found my voice back as I grabbed her wrist to stop her. “Urm.. Do you want to grab something to eat?”
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
“Sheesh.. Hikaru seriously need to get himself a girlfriend. What a bother, picking a fight with me practically everyday,” I grumbled to myself as I shoved myself into my limo.
 
“Ojousan, where should I take you to?” my driver asked.
 
“Ootori Mansion. Urgh.. just saying the name makes me sick!”
 
My driver laughed at my antic. “Ojousan, your father might murder you if he heard you saying that about his friend.”
 
I huffed. “It's so unfair. I mean, he's being mean to me and yet, I have to be all nice to him. Where's the justice?!”
 
A few minutes later after much complaining and yapping, I found myself standing in front of a huge building. “Urm.. why are we stopping here?”
 
“We reached the Ootori Mansion,” he announced.
 
My eyes widened in shock. “You.Got.To.Be.Kidding.Me.” that was all that I managed to say as I stared at the building in front of me.
 
Standing proudly before my eyes is a really huge mansion. I mean, REALLY REALLY huge. Well, to tell you the truth, huge is an understatement. Kyouya-senpai actually lives here? I got to say that I'm impressed. This thing is even larger than my house in Japan and USA combined together. I guess, Ootori really is a rich family.
 
“Anou, who are you?” a sudden greeting by a woman shocked the hell out of me.
 
“Um.. I'm looking for Ootori Kyouya.”
 
The woman smiled. “Ah, you must be his friend, um, Mikihara Yukiya-san ne?”
 
I nodded dumbly. “Konnichowa, I'm his sister. Ootori Fuyumi,” she introduced herself as she led me into the mansion. “Ah, it has been some times since he had his friends coming over. You can go straight to his room upstairs. Third room from the right and make yourself at home. Do you need anything to eat?”
 
I shook my head. “No, it's okay. I just ate my lunch. Thanks though for the offer.” She smiled at me and showed me the stairs. “Please go ahead to his room.”
 
“You're not going to escort me there? I mean, who knows what he can do to me when we're alone in his room? HIS room!!” I freaked.
 
His sister chuckled. “Don't worry. He's not that kind of person. He's very nice.”
 
Yeah, right. Nice, my butt. If making a certain person's life miserable considered as nice, then he is one hell of a nice person, all right.
 
“If I don't come back downstairs in one hour, please tell my dad that I love him,” I said to her with a solemn expression. “Here is his number,” I continued, handing her a parchment of paper for a dramatic effect.
 
“You're a funny person, Mikihara-san. I'll assure you of your safety. Do not worry too much.”
 
I laughed and nodded. As I climbed up the stairs, I couldn't help myself from gazing at all the pictures on the wall in awe. Wow, his house really is cool! It was totally different from what I imagined his house to be. I mean, I really thought he lives in some kind of old, ancient and dark mansion with underground torture room and lots of traps door. And yeah, I did also imagine his house with some freaky, retarded and scary looking old person as a maid. But so far, the reality seems to contradict all my earlier assumptions. Thank goodness for that!
 
Without even bothering to knock, I entered his room. I was pretty surprised to see his room. I mean, it was very simple. A single bed at one corner, a wooden table at the centre of the room and a wardrobe at one other corner. That was all in his room. And here I am, expecting to see some kind of scary coffins along with some people corpses. I guess my imaginations were running pretty wild lately. And one more thing that I noticed that he was not even here.
 
“Shit, where the hell is he?” I muttered as I took a seat on the cold-hard floor. I mean, come one, ever heard of something called sofa? Who in the right mind didn't even have them in their room? Man, this guy sure is weird.
 
I waited for a good five minutes, but he was still not here. “He's sure being fashionably late!” I mumbled incoherently. “Well, might as well get started with my math homework,” I continued talking to myself as I pulled out my math notes and assignments from my backpack.
 
“You know, it isn't very healthy to talk to yourself. People could easily mistake you as a crazy person. Oh wait, I'm sorry. You're already crazy!”
 
I jumped at the sudden interaction. “Shit, you scared the hell out of me! What are you trying to do? Give me a heart attack?” I yelled, as I looked up from my book to face Kyouya-senpai, clad only in a white towel.
 
“By the way, I'm not crazy! It's called having a monologue. People do it all the times,” I said, returning my gaze to my book until a sudden realization hit me hard on my head.
 
Wait. Pause. Rewind.
 
I looked up to see Kyouya-senpai smirked at me. My eyes traveled down to his body, only to realize that he was only in his towel.
 
What the heck?
 
Kyouya-senpai was only in his towel?
 
And I was here alone with him in his room in his towel?
 
Tell me how I shouldn't freak about it?
 
Alarmed, I quickly returned my gaze down at my book. I felt like my cheeks were burning. Trying to cover my awkwardness, I yelled, “Put some shirt on, will you?”
 
Again, a smirk formed on his lips. “Why? Can't take your eyes off me?”
 
I snorted. “The sight of you shirtless isn't exactly breathtaking, you know. Chicken looks a lot more awesome than you,” I riposted, my eyes didn't even bother to leave the pages on my book.
 
Actually, yes. I can't take my eyes off him. I mean, he do looks hot without shirtless. Hot? Him? The only time when people can use the word `hot' and `Kyouya' in the same sentence is when `not' is in between the two. Oh God, what the hell is wrong with me?
 
Then, I heard some rustling. And a few seconds after that, he seated himself right across me, fully clothed. “Okay, you want to start with math?”
 
I nodded as he pulled out some notebooks from his bag.
 
God, I seriously need to spend less time with him before I officially go nuts.
 
I need to think of something.
 
Fast..
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
(Kasumi POV)
 
I didn't really resist when he dragged me into his limo. The whole ride was pretty awkward. I mean, I really didn't know how to act around him without Haruhi around. Arisa was right after all. We weren't really friend.
 
I sighed.
 
To think that I just thought about seeing him at all, this just had to happen to make things harder for me.
 
Life is so complicated, isn't it?
 
I eyed the figure beside me cautiously. He was staring at outside of the windows, looking pretty much spaced out. “Are you, like, giving me a silent treatment or something?” I started, which immediately snapped him out of his daydream.
 
He scratched his head, looking pretty much confused before he decided to answer my question. “No, I'm not giving anyone a silent treatment or anything. What made you think that?”
 
“Well, you weren't exactly talking since you practically dragged me into your limo.”
 
“I'm sorry?”
 
“Nah, It's okay. At least you're talking to me now. And where are we going again?” I asked.
 
“Coffee shop? You do drink coffee right?”
 
I smiled. “Then, coffee shop it is.”
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
(Kyouya POV)
 
God, the girl in front me was completely clueless. How the hell can people learn high school's math without knowing anything about algebra in the first place?
 
And yet, she didn't have even a slightest idea about algebra. Why didn't that surprise me?
 
“Okay, let do this question. x+y = 1. If y=3, then x is equal to what?” I stared at her, half expecting her to answer the question.
 
She went silence. Oh, only now she shut her mouth up. I smirked.
 
“Silent treatment?”
 
She glared at me. “Just shut up, will you?”
 
“If you want me shut up, answer that question.”
 
She began working on the question, looking very distressed with such a simple question. Why the hell she got so worked up for?
 
After a few minutes of trying, she threw her arms in the air in frustration. “I don't get it. How come you add x and y together? They are not numbers! It can't possibly be that x and y is equal to 1. That's just so wrong!”
 
I laughed.
 
“What are you laughing at? It better not be me.”
 
“I am not laughing at you. I am laughing right beside you,” I answered, pretended to be ignorant, which in the end earned myself a glare from her.
 
She really is an interesting person. Maybe being close to her like my father has suggested wasn't going to be a bad idea after all.
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
(Kasumi POV)
 
“So, what do you want to drink?” he asked me.
 
I laughed. “It's okay, Kaoru-kun. I can order by myself. Last time I check, I'm not retarded and guess what? I can actually read!” I replied jokingly, flipping through the menu at the counter. Woah, who knows a cup of coffee cost this much! I can buy myself two days food with this amount. I definitely regretted myself for agreeing to go to this coffee shop with him.
 
“One latte, please. Extra cream,” I heard him order beside me.
 
“Urm.. one cappuccino,” I said to the counter girl.
 
“Okay, that would be 2000 yen,” the counter girl said, handing us our drink.
 
Impulsively, I reached for my wallet while Kaoru reached for his.
 
“What are you doing, Suzumura-san?” he asked as I pulled out a 1000 yen bill from my wallet.
 
“What does it look like I am doing?” I asked, glaring at him. What a weird question to ask. Duh, of course I am paying.
 
“I am paying for it,” he stated.
 
“I am paying for my half,” I stated, shoving the money into his hand. The counter girl giggled as she looked back and forth at me and him. He, on the other hand, just stared down on me and man, he was making me nervous. What the hell did I do? Was he mad at me?
 
“What are you staring at? Do you want me to pay for yours too?” He then paid the girl and received the changed. He grabbed his drink and headed toward the exit.
 
Eh? I thought we were going to sit and drink here. I followed him dumbly until we were both outside the shop. Only then, he talked.
 
“What is your problem?” he asked.
 
My jaw dropped and I gaped at him. “My problem? And what the hell did I do to you? I just paid for my own drink. Is that a crime?”
 
“That's hardly the point.”
 
“So the point is?”
 
“It's embarrassing for me! I walk in here with a girl and she's paying for her own drink? That makes me seems like a stingy guy who wouldn't even pay for a girl's drink!”
 
I froze as I was trying to digest what he just said. Only a few seconds after that, I burst out laughing. “Oh my God, you're so hilarious. We're not even boyfriend and girlfriend, so no need to be all formal with me, okay. You don't have to get all worked up over it. I mean, you just have pay for girl you care about. Although I'm not exactly rich, I can still pay for a cup of coffee.”
 
He laughed awkwardly. “I'm sorry. I guess, I overreacted a bit.”
 
“A bit?”
 
“Fine, a lot. Anyway, I'll send you home,” he offered.
 
“I can walk home by myself. No need to trouble you.”
 
He gave me an incredulous look at my response. “You just refuse me to pay for your drink and now this? I got to say, you really hurt my feeling.”
 
This guy really is funny. “Fine. Fine. You can send me home, okay, crybaby?”
 
I swear my heart practically leaped up a few notch when he shot me with a smile as he opened the limo's door for me. “Ladies first.”
 
I returned his smile and went into the limo quietly, figuring out how to deal with my new-found feeling.
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
“Yay! Finally, it's time go home!” I screamed in joy as I packed up my things.
 
I quickly went downstairs with Kyouya-senpai followed closely behind. Just when I was about to exit the house, I bumped into someone.
 
I slowly pulled up my chin to see who it was.
 
“Who are you?” the man asked me.
 
I bowed slightly as I introduced myself. “I'm Mikihara Yukiya. Nice to meet you.”
 
“Oh, so you are the daughter of Matsuda. Are you going home now?”
 
I nodded.
 
“Why don't you stay here and have dinner with us?”
 
I gaped at his suggestion. What the heck? I need to spend more time here?
 
NO FREAKING WAY!!
 
“No, it's okay. My dad probably wants me home to have dinner with me,” I rejected the offer politely.
 
“It's okay then. Kyouya will send you home,” he said as he made a gesture to Kyouya-senpai and Kyouya-senpai just nodded knowingly as a response.
 
“Anyway, Yukiya..”
 
“Yes?”
 
“You know the opening ceremony of Tropical Aqua Garden is in a week, right?”
 
I nodded. What the hell is he trying to say?
 
“Why don't you go with my son, as his date?”
 
My jaw nearly dropped as I heard the question. Did he just ask me to be Kyouya-senpai's date?
 
I felt Kyouya-senpai went rigid behind me. I figured he didn't want to do this as much as I did. I was half expecting him to reject the idea on my behalf but the reality went to the total opposite.
 
Much to my dismay, he nodded his head obediently with a simple, “Okay.”
 
I gaped at him, not believing what he just did. What stunt was he trying to pull of?
 
Before I managed to say anything, his father butted in, “Okay, then. It's decided. I will let your father know regarding this.”
 
My eyes, once again, went wide at his words.
 
This is so not happening to me.
 
Unfortunately for me though, it is happening right under my nose.
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
(Kaoru POV)
 
… you just have to pay for girl you care about.
 
Her words kept playing in my mind like a broken tape recorder. Why can't I get her out of my mind? Every single time when I thought of something, it will always lead back to her.
 
And that makes my life much more difficult than it originally was.
 
I leaned back into my bed as I stared blankly at the ceiling. After I sent her back to her home, I went straight home, only to be bombarded with thousands of questions from Hikaru.
 
God, he can be the perfect substitution of my mother. Seriously speaking, he needs to get himself a girlfriend.
 
Anyway, back to the subject. What the hell am I going to do with her?
 
She confused the hell out of me. Somehow, when she said that I should only pay for girl I care about, my heart literally fell.
 
Okay, now I sounded like a quixotic idiot.
 
Maybe I should just stop seeing her. I mean, it was not like she was my friend or anything.
 
Yeah, I think that would be the best thing to do right now.
 
Or was it?
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
“I can't believe you just agreed to him? What stunt are you trying to pull here?” I yelled at the figure beside me.
 
So far, he has been very quiet during our ride in the limo.
 
“Hey, say something, will you?” I added, nudging his arm lightly.
 
“What do you want me to say? That we don't have to go to that ceremony together?” he snapped at me that took me by surprise.
 
Woah, didn't he look angry? Anyway, I quickly regained my composure and responded to him in the same, harsh manner. “Well, yeah. For your information, going to the ceremony with you isn't exactly at the top at my things-to-do-in-life list. And not to mention that half of our school will be there. Didn't that sound like a good enough reason to not to go together?”
 
He groaned. “Look, this is my father you're talking about. He never takes a `no' for an answer. So, I suggest you just shut up and let me handle the rest, okay?”
 
I sighed heavily. “Look, whatever you do, just make sure my secret will remain as a secret, okay? This involves not just me, but also Haruhi-chan. I seriously don't want her to get into trouble for something you and I did.”
 
“We already arrived at the Mikihara residence,” the driver's voice snapped us out of our intense conversation.
 
“Just promise me that, will you?” I continued, as I sling my bag across my shoulder. Unfortunately, being a stubborn baboon he was, he just ignored me. Groaning inwardly, I turned around to get myself out of the limo.
 
With my surprise, he suddenly yanked me around to face him. “I know what to do,” he said grimly.
 
For the first time since we knew each other, he actually made an attempt to comfort me.
 
What just happen?
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
OMG, this is so hard!! Sorry for such a late update!!! I was sooooooo overly busy.. So, here you go, the latest chapter from me!!! Anyway, for those who have requested for HikaruxOC pairing, I thought about it long and hard, and I think I will go for a HikaruxOC pair in this fic as well. So, that's a good news for you guys (or not?) right? She will be making her appearance probably in the next couple of chapters, so wait for it ne??
 
Okay, that's all I guess from me now..
 
Please review and tell me what you think of this chapter…
 
Until then, ja~