Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ When Best Friend Turn Enemy ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
 
 
Disclaimer : I'm poor, I don't have the money to own Ouran regardless how much I wanted to. So, don't sue. The OCs are all mine though, try not to steal them. Hoho..
 
Anyway, thanks to those who have reviewed the last chapter :
I love you guys so much!!! Keep reading this story, kay!!!
 
A NOT SO-IMPORTANT NOTICE : Thanks for all the supports from you guys. I'm so sorry for saying that I want to give up this story, but thanks for all the support, I decided to continue with the story. So, yaay for me!! Anyway, do you know the real reason of why I got so angry the other day? I was checking my story on ff, then I found out that someone put my story in c2s, which is dedicated to mary-sue's stories. So, story cut short, I got mad, depressed and made the drastic decision ever - abandon the fic. Well, I talked to my sis and my friends and they all say that I should just continue with my story. So, I guess I just start writing and boom.. here's another chapter to this story.
 
So, I guess that's it. Hope you guys keep reading and supporting this story!! Thanks a bunch!!
 
Okay, here you go. Chapter eleven of For Your Eyes Only!!
 
(chapter11) When Best Friend Turns Enemy…
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
 
(Normal POV)
 
Hitachiin Residence
Sunday, 11.30 am
 
“What the hell are you doing here?” Hikaru muttered through the gritted teeth.
 
She smiled. “Um.. I was thinking of leaving a couple of minutes ago, but now that you're here, I guess, I am obliged to stay. Right, auntie?”
 
The twins' mother smiled. “Yes, of course. It would be rude for me if you don't stay here, at least until dinner.”
 
“Okay, let me put this in a sentence that you can understand. You're not welcome here. Just go home, will you?” Hikaru yelled.
 
“Hikaru, watch your language. She's a guest and she's staying whether you like it or not,” his mother warned him.
 
Riku smirked. Hikaru's anger fuelled up when he saw Riku stuck out her tongue and silently whispered, “In your face.”
 
“Fine. Just let me know when she goes back,” he said grumpily.
 
“I'm so sorry about his behavior. I wonder what is wrong with him today. Any idea, Kaoru?”
 
Kaoru shrugged.
 
“Nah, it's okay. It doesn't make sense for me to talk to an idiot like him anyway,” Riku replied politely before continuing, “So, what's for dinner?”
 
Somewhere between the lines, only Kaoru noticed when Riku turned her head slightly and looked at the stairs. Although it was only for a brief second, a glint of longing was clearly lingering in her eyes.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
Mikihara Residence
Sunday, 12.01 pm
 
“Yukiya..”
 
“Yes?”
 
“I'm going to a meeting in France tomorrow morning. Do you want to come along?” her dad asked.
 
Yukiya put down the book she was reading, giving her father a weird look. “I got school tomorrow, dad.”
 
Her father laughed. “You can always skip school. I'll talk to your school. It's been a while since you have a vacation.”
 
“You're telling me to skip school? Wait, are you really my dad?” she said, faking a gasp and widened her eyes. “Where is my real father and what have you done to him?”
 
“Yukiya, don't be overdramatic,” her father replied, a thin smile graced his face.
 
“If you haven't notice, I just got back from a vacation last night. I think I have enough vacation to last me a lifetime,” she continued.
 
“But you seem really down last night. I just thought you can cheer up in France.”
 
Yukiya raised her eyebrows slightly. “Look, dad. What's the catch? Why do you want me to go to France so badly? Are you up to something?”
 
Her father shrugged and quickly averted his gaze back onto the newspaper he was reading before.
“Dad, what is it?”
 
“Fine. I just want you to meet the son of a friend of mine. He seems like a very perfect groom for you.”
 
Yukiya stood up from her seat angrily. “Dad, I thought I already told you that my private life is not a business. You can't trade me to some other guys so that our company makes profit. It's wrong. Don't you get it?”
 
Her father sighed. “I get it. And I'm not going to trade you for anything, honey. Just, well.. I just thought you needed someone to cheer you up. It won't hurt to try.”
 
“Dad, I think I just go upstairs. If you need me or something, just.. well.. try not to need me, okay?” Yukiya muttered quietly.
 
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
Just when I was about to go to my room, the door bell rang.
 
The maid went into the living room, announcing that there was a guest at the door. “Mikihara-sama, Ootori-sama is at the door.”
 
My dad raised his eyebrows and then, looked at me as if to ask me what hell Kyouya-senpai's father was doing here in the afternoon while I just shrugged in return.
 
“Let him in,” he ordered.
 
I swear that I was so ready to jump off the building I saw Kyouya-senpai came into the living room rather than his father.
 
“Ah, Kyouya-kun, how nice to see you again,” my father said. Then, they gave each other a manly hug (if that's what you call it), so I just shrugged and proceed to my room.
 
“Why are you here?”
 
“I want to see Yukiya for a moment. Is it okay?” he said to my father, then turned his gaze toward me, his lips forming a smirk.
 
I glared at him as response. “I'm busy. Just ask him to go home,” I said to my father, pretending as if Kyouya-senpai wasn't even there.
 
“I'm also thinking to bring her for a lunch, that is if she hasn't had her lunch yet,” he added.
 
OMG, he was doing to this just to get on my nerve.
 
Damn, that stupid baboon!
 
“I just had my lunch, thank you,” I retorted.
 
My father laughed. “Okay, whatever is going on between you two, you should settle it fast. The intensity is as thick as my management book and that's saying a lot,” he added.
 
What did I do deserve a dense father like him? God, why me?
 
“Just go, Yukiya,” my father urged.
 
“No, I want to watch TV,” I replied.
 
Suddenly, my father's facial changed. Not in a good way, instead, it changed in a very very bad way. “Yukiya, I don't appreciate your lack of obedience. Just go upstairs, change and get your butt down here, fast!”
 
I startled. “But..”
 
“Yukiya..” he said in a warning tone.
 
“Fine,” I said, throwing my book onto the table, and then I just went toward the door.
 
“Aren't you going to change?” Kyouya-senpai questioned, his eyes staring at my clothes.
 
So what if I had a yellow duckling-printed pajama bottom and this ugly orange shirt with some green prints on, but mark my words, I was not going to change just to go out for a stupid lunch with him.
 
“No,” I said it in a way that suggests that it was the most obvious thing in the world. I saw a glint of amusement in his eyes, but I decided to ignore it.
 
“Fine, let's just go then,” he said, not before he nodded politely to my father while I gave my father a look that clearly said see-I-told-you-that-you-are-selling-me-to-your-enemy. I just hoped he get the message because when I left, he just stared at me dumbly.
 
Sometimes, I wonder if he was really the one who found the company. He was so dense for his own good. Well, that was my father for you.
 
Anyway, forget about that because things are going to get ugly from now onwards.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Kaoru POV)
 
Hitachiin Residence
Sunday, 1.45 pm
 
“So, what are you doing here again?” I asked the girl beside me, who was still busying herself munching the tortilla chips while watching the rerun of CSI on the cable TV. My mom has to excuse herself after a client called her for an urgent meeting, but she promised that she will come back before dinner. Hikaru, on the other hand, still locked himself in his room.
 
“I told you. My band had a concert in Tokyo Dome yesterday and since I am in Tokyo, I just thought I gave you guys a visit. I swear, no other cruel intention than to make your life miserable,” she replied frivolously.
 
I laughed. “Do you want to grab something to eat?”
 
She shrugged. “Okay, I guess. Where?”
 
“Just follow me,” I grinned as I remembered the place where Kasumi-san works. Maybe, I can hang out with her for a while I was there.
 
(Still Kaoru POV)
 
Cake House
 
“Here we are!!” I said a little too happily.
 
“Oh, joy!” she said sarcastically, entering the shop. “What are you so hyper about? It's just a cake house.”
 
“It's not. It also serves food like spaghetti, mushroom soup, chicken pie and some other western food,” I finished. She gave me weird stare as if I had grown three heads or something.
 
What did I say? This shop do serves other things than just cake at a decent price!
 
“Great! Why don't you get me a blueberry cheesecake and I swear I can die happily!” she said, pretending to be all excited.
 
“Geez, you're still a same old hag like before,” I murmured.
 
“What is it, Kaoru-honey?” she said a little too sweetly to my taste.
 
“Fine.. fine..”
 
So, I went to the order counter and my grin widened as I saw Kasumi. “Hi, Suzumura-san.”
 
She was surprised to see me, but then she smiled. “Hi, Kaoru-kun. Cake?”
 
“Um.. yeah. I came with my friend. She wants a blueberry cheesecake. And I want.. urm.. tiramisu? Oh yeah, and two Cokes.”
 
“Okay, that would be xxx yen (just imagine any price there),” she said, handed me a tray of my order.
 
“Urm.. hey, what time do you finish your work?”
 
“My shift ends in about one hour. Why?”
 
“Do you want to do some activities with me after you finish you work?” I said nervously.
 
Damn it!
 
Don't tell me that I just say `some activities' out loud! Now, I do sound like a pervert.
 
I sneaked a look at her face and saw her expression scrunched into confusion. “Er.. I mean, hang out. Yeah, I mean, hang out with me.”
 
She chuckled. I swear her laugh was like a disease or something because soon after that, I also find myself laughing with her at my mistake. “Okay, I guess,” she replied.
 
“Do you mind if I wait here?”
 
“Go ahead, make yourself at home,” she said jokingly.
 
“Okay then, see you!” I waved shyly, and then I turned around to find myself pinned against Riku's curious stare. I gulped.
 
This is not going to be good.
 
Would it help to say, “God, help me?”
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
When he said lunch, I seriously did not anticipate this turn of event.
 
I gulped as I found myself standing in front of French restaurant.
 
Turning around abruptly, I glared at a certain baboon, whose smirk still hasn't left his face. “Why don't tell me that we're having lunch at a French restaurant?”
 
“I didn't think it matter since you never asked,” he answered simply.
 
“But.. But.. Look at my clothes. I can't eat at a French restaurant looking like this!” I wailed.
 
He laughed. “And whose fault is that?”
 
“Oh, go ahead. Rub it in my face, why don't you?”
 
“Don't mind if I do.”
 
“No, when a girl says that, you should say that you will never make fun of a girl and get the said girl some decent clothes to wear,” I replied, looking at him expectantly. “.. And you're still not moving!”
 
“What do you want me to do? Besides, we're already half an hour late for the reservation,” he said, simply dragging me into the restaurant.
 
Man, I officially declared that chivalry was long dead!
 
I nervously stepped into the restaurant. I couldn't help but to notice a couple of people were staring at me. Was it a crime to wear whatever I was wearing right now?
 
Apparently, it was because the receptionist refused to let us in since I was not dressed `formally' enough to eat in this restaurant.
 
Formal, my butt!
 
Who cares about this stupid restaurant anyway? It was not like I have a fetish with French food or something. So, I will definitely survive even if I didn't eat French cuisine for my whole life!
 
I heard Kyouya-senpai muttered something in French (which I did not understand, thank you), and then the receptionist paled as I heard Kyouya-senpai mentioned the name Ootori.
 
Wow, Ootori Group really was influential because the receptionist quickly led us to our table.
 
“What do you want to eat?” he asked, as soon as the waitress gave us the menu.
 
“I want to eat Chinese noodles,” I replied, staring at the menu in front of my face.
 
“It's not on the menu,” he informed, his eyebrows slightly raised.
 
I slammed the menu on the table. “Oh, excuse me for not learning French during my entire existence.”
 
He snickered. “Or you can just tell me you don't know French and I'll order for you.”
 
I threw my hands up in frustration. “Would you just leave me alone? Yeah, order whatever you want and send me home.”
 
Then, he called the waitress and ordered something in French (which I still don't understand). Then, there was an awkward silence.
 
Have I ever told you that I hate silence.. especially the awkward one? So, I did what I thought I had to do. I blurted out the first thing that crossed my mind.
 
“My first dog, Apakoh, died when I was five years old,” I blurted out.
 
He raised his eyebrows again and looked at me amusedly. “Apakoh? What kind of name is that?”
 
I shrugged. “Well, just trying to have a conversation. Just forget what I say and pretend that I have a mouth diarrhea or something just now.”
 
“Do you know what Apakoh means?”
 
“Don't know. My father named him that.”
 
“Well, it means `dragon' if you want to know,” he replied.
 
“In what language?”
 
“Russian..”
 
“Do you know every single language on Earth?”
 
“No, but I have a fascination with language. Well, everyone in my family does.”
 
“Oh,” I replied intelligently.
 
“So, why do you go back yesterday? And thanks for the present you left me. It took the painter all night to paint the wall white again,” he said, his eyes however stuck onto something behind my back.
 
“I was bored?”
 
“So, you chose to leave me a `present' instead?”
 
“Well, it's lovely, isn't it?” I replied innocently.
 
“You could've just go to my room and ask me for something to do,” he continued, his voice as calm as ever. I mean, have you ever seen Kyouya-senpai not being calm?
 
I went silence and sighed heavily. “Well, don't blame me! I do went to your room, it's just that you're busy with um.. something that time,” I muttered while shifting uncomfortably in my seat. My heart still literally burned at thought of the memory yesterday. Guess the kerosene effect still haven't died out, huh?
 
“Yeah, anyway, your luggage is in my limo.”
 
I nodded. “Urm.. Is there something going on between you and Haruhi?”
 
For once, he seemed shocked at my question and then, he laughed. “What gives you the idea that something is going on between me and her?”
 
“Are you going to answer my question with another question?”
 
“Aren't you going to do the same?”
 
I snorted. “This isn't going anywhere.”
 
“Glad you noticed.”
 
“So, you're not going to answer the question?”
 
“Which one?”
 
I sighed.
 
Urgh.. This gonna takes a while.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Kaoru POV)
 
Kaoru's Cake House
 
“Oh, I get it. You came here to see your girlfriend!!!” Riku beamed.
 
“No, she's not. We're just friend. I mean, technically, she is Haruhi's friend, a friend of Haruhi is a friend of mine, so basically we're-”
 
“Aww.. you're babbling!! You so totally like this girl!”
 
“Stop talking like a cheerleader! You're scaring me, Riku!”
 
“Fine. So, how do you meet her?”
 
“You're not jealous? I thought you're `in-love' with me,” I said playfully, trying to change the subject.
 
“Am not,” she replied, sipping her Coke.
 
I scratched my head. “Oh, yeah. Sorry, my bad. You're in love with my brother, aren't you?” I teased. It was supposed to be a stupid, harmless joke, but when she suddenly spurted out the content of her mouth and not to mention, almost choked herself to death in the process, I realized that it was not a joke after all.
 
“Wh-What are you saying?” she stammered.
 
I thought about my response for a while, but then I decided that I rather not stick my head into her problems. For all I know, I could get killed before I managed to say `Thank you'.
 
On the second thought, maybe a little help wouldn't hurt so much (insert sinister laugh here).
 
“Nothing much,” I said, “So, what do you think of Tokyo so far?”
 
She rolled her eyes at my question. “I live here three years ago, remember? No need to ask me pointless question,” she replied, stuffing her mouth with the cake.
 
“Okay, moving on to the next question. What happened between you and Hikaru? You guys are best friends before and now, it's like you can't even breathe the same air as his without practically beating the crap out of each other.”
 
She shrugged and stuffed a spoonful of cake into her mouth.
 
Now, she was just being difficult.
 
“Anytime within this century, please,” I continued, giving her an expectant look.
 
“Nothing happened. Look, all I want to do is visit you guys while I'm here so please don't go ruining it for me, Mr, Party-Pooper!”
 
“Okay, okay. No more questions.”
 
She was as secretive as ever.
 
Oh, I forgot to introduce her to you guys.
 
Well, let's see. Her name is Eihara Riku, 15 years old, she was our (Hikaru and I) best friend when she lived in Tokyo before moving to Los Angeles with her uncle and aunt three years ago. So, you might ask me as to how best friend became the world's biggest enemy to each other, but I was still pondering on the exact same question. After she left, she wrote only to me, and never to Hikaru. Hikaru also never bothered to contact her and I never got the chance to ask them about it.
 
Throughout three years since she was gone, this was the first time she ever visited us. Weird much?
 
“So, your dream came true, huh?”
 
She averted her gaze from her cake to look at my face. “Er.. are you talking in codes? Sorry, I haven't learned that in high school.”
 
Oh, if you guys don't know, she is the bassist of the popular American band, Snow Drop with other three members, who is her friends in high school.
 
I grinned. “You know what I mean. The band..”
 
She nodded. “Yeah, looks like my decision of going with my uncle and aunt to LA wasn't so bad after all. You know, when my friends and I decided to form a band, they're really supportive. And they pay for practically everything we needed. I really owed them so much,” she said, a small smile played on her lips.
 
“Oh, have you ever listened to our songs?” she asked.
 
“Yeah, when you told me about the CD, I bought the CD as soon as I can,” I replied, before continuing, “So, did you write All You Wanted? That's my favorite song.”
 
“Nope. The drummer wrote it right after her hamster died.”
 
I raised my eyebrows. “What? She got inspiration to write songs after the death of her hamster?”
 
She shrugged. “Pretty much, I guess. They all can be weird sometimes.”
 
“You really do love music, don't you?” I said, pretty much sounded like a statement rather than a question.
 
She gave me a genuine smile. “Of course. I know many people have said this but what can I say? Music is my life.”
 
“Oh, speaking of that, where are you staying right now?”
 
“Hotel, with one other band mate, the others went back to LA already.”
 
“How long are you going to stay?”
 
“I don't know. We have finished our tour and we didn't have anything else plan tentatively, so I guess I can stay for three days or so,” she replied.
 
“What? Three days only? I'm sure we can patch things up between you and Hikaru if you stay longer.”
 
Her face scrunched into confusion. “Wait? Who said about fixing things with him? Look, we hate each other. Damage has been done. End of story,” she grumbled.
 
Just when I was about to say something, Kasumi approached the table.
 
“Hi, err.. Am I interrupted something?”
 
I shook my head. “Nope. We're talking about nonsensical stuff. It's still early. Want to go d-”
 
“..do some activities?” she interrupted, a laugh escaped her lips.
 
I laughed. “No, absolutely not. Let's just watch movie,” I replied, pretty much aware of the look that Riku was giving me.
 
“I'll go to your house first. See you at dinner,” Riku announced, standing up from her seat.
 
“Don't you want to come along?” Kasumi questioned.
 
“And be the third wheel between the lovebirds? Nah, I think I'm gonna have to pass,” she said cheekily.
 
I spurted out my drinks in shock. What the hell? I sneaked a glance to Kasumi and saw her face turned beet red.
 
“Haha.. Very funny, Riku.”
 
“You know very well that it's not a joke.”
 
“Okay, I think you should go now,” I said, pushing Riku out of the shop.
 
“Bet you can't wait for me to get the hell out of here so you can finally kiss your girlfriend!!” she said in a mocking tone, while laughing her head off.
 
Do you know how annoying it was to have a person (other than Hikaru) who knows what makes you tick? Let me tell you that it was damn as hell annoying.
 
“You should stop now or else, I'll tell everyone that you peed in your pants when you're eight,” I smirked evilly.
 
She gasped and widened her eyes. “No fair. I was nervous at that time, okay!”
 
“Go now.”
 
“Fine,” she muttered silently, taking a cab to return to the mansion.
 
“Okay, where was I?” I said to Kasumi. “Urm.. movie?”
 
She nodded. “You're close with her?”
 
I cackled. “Yeah, pretty much.”
 
 
++--++--++--++--++--++
 
(Flashback)
 
“Do you want to play?” a brunette girl asked the twins.
 
The twins looked up to the girl from their seats. Simultaneously, they said, “Which one of us are you talking to?”
 
The girl furrowed her eyebrows. “Both of you?”
 
“There's no both of you here.”
 
“Aaaa.. Playing hard to get, aren't you? Hikaru-kun and Kaoru-kun then?”
 
“Then, do you know which one is Hikaru and which one is Kaoru?”
 
The girl gave the twins a weird look. She shrugged. “Of course I wouldn't know that. I think even your mother had the trouble of differentiating you guys and I'm not exactly best friends with you two. Everybody knows that it'll take time for people to get to know each other.
 
The twins silenced and exchanged glances with one another.
 
So, do you want to play or not?”
 
More silence.
 
“Fine, then. I'll play with you even if you don't want to play. I don't have any other friends anyway,” she said, breaking off the twins and sat right in between them.
 
Their eyes widened at the sudden intrusion. Just when they about to go berserk, the girl pulled out a box of card games from her backpack.
 
“We can start by playing this card game,” she announced happily, grinning from ear to ear. “Oh, anyway, my name is Eihara Riku.”
 
++--++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
“Urm.. thanks for the lunch, I guess,” I said to Kyouya-senpai as I went out of his limousine.
 
He just smirked and then, he turned to talk to his driver. “Bring Mikihara-san's luggage into her house.”
 
He was about to close the door behind but I stopped him from doing so. “Wait.. Sorry about the wall thingy. I was not thinking properly when I did that.”
 
I thought he would be such a gentleman and said `it's okay' and stuff, but being a baboon he was, he said, “Well, it's okay. I figure that thinking might be is a little bit too much for you.”
 
I gaped at him.
 
How dare he? I was trying to apologize and he made fun of the size of my brain?
 
“Fine. I take back my words,” I replied, turning around and went into my house.
 
“What's done cannot be undone,” I heard he faintly said in the background.
 
Urgh.. What a jerk!
 
After his driver brought my luggage up to my room, I began unpacking my clothes. To my surprise, I saw a nicely wrapped gift box in my bag. I pulled it out and examined it with curiosity. “Since when did I have this in my bag?”
 
Carefully, I unwrapped the box and found a CD inside it.
 
It was Snow Drop's latest CD to be exact, and autographed by the band members themselves.
 
“Wow,” I muttered, too shock to say anything else.
 
I opened the case and a small note dropped. I picked it up and read it quietly.
 
 
Since I can't exactly drop dead, I figured that this would be enough to compensate that.
 
Regards : Ootori Kyouya
 
 
I immediately put the CD into the mini hi-fi in my room. Humming to the tune of the songs, I continued to unpack my clothes, a small smile played on my lips.
 
However, my happiness was not about to last that long because little that I know, my own story was about to start.
 
Surprise?
 
Well, me too.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
 
 
Author's Note : OMG, I surprised myself with this chapter cos I managed to finish this chapter in two days regardless of tons of homework I was getting for my Calculus 2 class. I would say that this is the longest chapter I ever written. Hope it would not be such a disappointment to you guys!!
 
Anyway, thanks again for everyone who has been supporting me and ask me not to stop this fic. I was seriously touched and I figure that this fic must not be stopped. I love writing this fic and I hope you guys do enjoy reading it as much as I do.
 
Do review cos that's what keep me going to keep writing.
 
I'm signing off..
 
Peace to the world!