Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ I Love You, Dad ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
 
 
Disclaimer : I wish I own Ouran, but unfortunately, I don't. So, don't even think about suing me cos I definitely won't pay. Haha.. Anyway, all the unfamiliar names in this story are my original characters, which belong to me and only me. Thanks!
 
Anyway, thanks to those who have reviewed the last chapter :
 
fightingpheonix36, Kiya- chan, contour, bringme2life, Ritsikas, Lien-Chan, SmartOotori, Yoru Inu, Jinxed RavynandManson.
 
I love you guys so much!!! Keep reading this story, kay!!!
 
Okay, here you go. Chapter twelve of For Your Eyes Only!!
 
(chapter12) I Love You, Dad!
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Hikaru POV)
 
I would've been sound asleep on my bed if it wasn't for my stupid cellphone that suddenly decided to wake me up right in the middle of the night. Opening one of my eyes, I reached out for my cellphone and flipped it open, only to realize that it was just 2.15 in the morning. Muttering a series of curses under my breath, I tossed the phone to the corner of my room and decided that it was best for me to get back to my sleep before I went into berserk mode.
 
Pulling up my comforter to cover my head, I was about to drift back into my sleep when I heard noises came from downstairs. My first thought was that I was being delusional, but hearing the noises again, I realized that it wasn't. Running my fingers through my hair in frustration, I decided that it was best for me to check it out.
 
I went down the stairs, carefully not to stumble due to the darkness and finally reached the living room, where I heard the TV was on. I squinted my eyes at the sudden interaction with the bright light from the TV, I immediately shut the TV off. “Who the hell forgot to turn off the TV?” I asked.
 
I didn't expect anybody to actually answer my question, and when someone did, it startled me. “I did. And I did not forget to turn it off. I'm watching it, you know.”
 
I spun around to come face to face to none other than Riku, who was nonchalantly sipping some milk from a tall glass. Eyeing her suspiciously, I asked, “What are you still doing in my house at this time of the hour?”
 
She walked passed me and slumped herself into the sofa, turning the TV on at the same time and basically ignoring my presence. I gritted my teeth in annoyance. In turn, I went in front of the TV, covering it with my body and reiterated the exact same question, “What the hell are you still doing here?”
 
I heard she sighed heavily as if it was a burden to be in the same room as I did. But, seeing our current status (enemy, that is), I was aware to the fact that it might be true. “I waited for your mother for dinner and she have yet to come home. I sort of fell asleep I guess and when I woke up, it was too late for me to go back,” she answered, before continuing, “Satisfied?”
 
“No. It would be satisfying if you get out of my house, now,” I said straightforwardly.
 
She made a face. “I don't want to get rape at this time of the night just to satisfy you,” she riposted. “Oh, you might want to take Kaoru upstairs. I don't think he's very comfortable sleeping on the couch over here.”
 
I turned to see the figure at the couch and found Kaoru lying there. Funny that I didn't noticed him there just now. “Nah, he's a heavy-sleeper. I don't think he's ever wakes up even if a bomb is dropped right in front of him.”
 
“I know,” I saw her smiled slightly. Then, there was an awkward silence.
 
“You haven't eaten yet?” I blurted out before even thinking.
 
She raised an eyebrow at my question. “What's with the civil conversation?”
 
I shrugged.
 
“Hikaru, we can't do civil. We hate each other, remember?”
 
“I don't want to see people dying of hunger in my own house either.”
 
She nodded in approval at my response. “Make sense.”
 
Then, came the awkward silence again.
 
“Hikaru, why do we hate each other?”
 
I was caught off-guard by her sudden question, but managed to keep my calm demeanor nevertheless. “You should know.”
 
She laughed bitterly. “In that case, I hate you, Hitachiin Hikaru,” she said before lying down on the couch.
 
I smirked. “Yeah, don't worry. The feeling is mutual, Eihara Riku.”
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
I woke up today in a very good mood. Well, good would be an understatement since I was practically dancing my way into the bathroom and started singing in my shower. Weird much?
 
I won't say what the reason was because if I did, I would've to admit that it was because of the gift from Kyouya-senpai yesterday.
 
Ooops.. Did I say that out loud?
 
Damn it! This was the main reason why they shouldn't let me out in the public. I just tend to say thing without even thinking about the consequences, which was not good in most occasion.
 
Anyway, I digress.
 
When I went downstairs, I was surprised to see my father was already seated on the sofa in the living room, a pile of paper scattered all over the coffee table.
 
.. and he look pretty much in distress.
 
Being a good daughter I was, I approached him silently and sat right beside him. Rubbing his back in comforting manner, I asked, “Dad, are you okay?”
 
It took him a few seconds to realize that I was there, and when he finally did, he looked almost startled and tried to hide the paper from my vision.
 
“Dad, are you hiding something from me?” I eyed him suspiciously, while he stuffed all the paper into his briefcase in a hurry.
 
“Nothing, honey. Nothing important,” he said, avoiding my gaze.
 
“Dad, if you have some problem, you know that I'm here right? Maybe I wouldn't be much of a help, but hey, it will make you feel a lot better to get it off your chest,” I tried to reason.
 
He flashed me a genuine smile and patted my head. “I know, honey. I know.”
 
I returned his smile. “You're going to France today, right?”
 
“Yes. In fact, the helicopter is scheduled to leave in an hour. So, I better get going, huh?”
 
I nodded.
 
“Yukiya, you do realize that you're wearing the male uniform for quite some time right? What happened to your female uniform?”
 
Giving him the most innocent smile I could muster, I replied mischievously, “I accidentally burned it?”
 
He gave me a knowing look. “I'm sure you do. Just don't get yourself in too much trouble, okay?”
 
I rolled my eyes. “Spare me the lecture, dad,” I said, accompanying him to the car.
 
“Okay, okay. I know that you can't wait to get rid of me, right?”
 
“Yeah, so I can have a wild party and sleep with random guys. That's exactly my definition of fun,” I said jokingly.
 
“You know that I always love you right?” he said suddenly, his expression was unreadable.
 
I gave him a weird stare. “Urm, dad, are you sure you okay?”
 
He pulled me into a tight embrace. Although I couldn't see his face, I could feel that something was very wrong with the man who was standing right in front of me. After what it seem like forever, he finally let go of me. “I think I should go. Call me if something comes up.”
 
I nodded.
 
He turned around to climb into his limo. Before, the driver closed the door, I waved at my father and muttered “I love you too, dad” which didn't go unnoticed by my father as he smiled back at me.
 
I watched until the car left the porch and disappeared in the distance, and then I went back into the house to get ready for school.
 
As I ate my breakfast in silence, my father's face as he said he loves me kept replaying in my mind. Somehow, I just couldn't shake the bad feeling that I was having right now.
 
Shaking my head a few times to clear the thought out of my mind, I managed to convince myself that I was just being paranoid.
 
If only I knew that I didn't.
 
If only I knew.
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Normal POV)
 
It was Monday, the day which symbolized the fresh starts of the week. It was the most hated day for most students (well, every school day is), but not to our particular eight students, who happened to be the member of the Host Club.
 
Surprise?
 
Well, not really.
 
“Summer festival is coming up. I have ton of ideas on the activities for Host Club on that day!” Hikaru announced.
 
“I have a few suggestions myself,” Kyouya said, rapidly typing something in his laptop.
 
Honey jumped in joy, with Mori just stood stolidly beside him. “Can we do a lollipop booth where we can give away a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot of sweets and lollipops?”
 
“But we won't make money with that,” Kaoru complained.
 
“Kaoru-honey, that's not the main purpose of the summer festival. The summer festival, the festival of light, is a festival where we shoul-”
 
“Yeah, yeah. The festival where we should bond and bla.. bla.. bla.. Oh, come on, spare me the lecture, dono. And I dare you to call me Kaoru-honey again,” Kaoru said, almost menacingly which left the King speechless in fear.
 
“Shouldn't we worry about our mid-term first, considering that it is going to happen in two weeks time and not to mention, way before the summer festival?” Haruhi intervened.
 
Yukiya draped her arms around Haruhi's shoulder nonchalantly. “Oh, come on, Haruhi. High school is not all about studying, you know.”
 
“Fine. Don't blame me when all of your privileges, which includes the credit card, ride to school and etc. get taken away when your report card, written stylishly in red, arrive at your house,” she replied to Yukiya.
 
Yukiya winced at the last part. “On the second thought, maybe we all should focus on our mid-term instead.”
 
“Yeah, I think I'm totally with you there, Yukiya,” Hikaru said, shivering slightly at the thought of being un-privileges.
 
Haruhi smiled. “I'm glad that we're all on the same page.”
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
 
The rest of the day was pretty boring. The teacher came into the class, taught something useful (which I didn't pay attention to), I joked around with other guys in class, slept with my eyes open (yeah, you've learned that skill when your history teacher is as boring as a fish - which didn't make much sense) and finally, the peak of the day, the Host Club meeting.
 
I wouldn't say that I love being in the Host Club, but it was definitely better than sitting idly in the class, doing absolutely nothing as the teacher muttered crap for the whole full lesson.
 
And they send us here to learn? Oh, come on!
 
Okay, that was a very long tangent, wasn't it? Anyway, back to the point.
 
I sat at one of the table, enjoying the evening tea with two second-year girls, who were flirting rather viciously with me that it almost freaked me out. I mean, what's with the heavy and thick eyelashes? Wouldn't those eyelashes of theirs fell off when they kept batting that said thing at me? I mean, who knows. If they kept batting it, it might one day, come flying at me, went into my mouth and choked me to death.
 
I shook my head to clear the disturbing mental picture out of my head.
 
Damn, overactive imagination!
 
“You're like so cute, and so hot, I mean, we wouldn't mind sharing you and bla.. bla.. bla..”
 
The girl in front of me kept babbling. Could you really blame me for not listening to a conversation that can make my brain melts into liquid in two seconds flat? My eyes randomly scanned the room for any possible distractions until my eyes caught the two black orbs staring right back at me. I held my gaze with his to imply that he was being rude for staring, but in turn, the Shadow King just smirked at me.
 
I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw him walking toward my direction. When he reached my table, he flashed a smile that made the two girls at the table swooned almost immediately. I shook my head slightly. What was so great about guys anyway that can sweep the girls off their feet in a matter of second?
 
Somehow, the idea of a guy sweeping a girl off her feet didn't seem quite right to me. Yeah, I can be a feminist sometimes, but hey, you've got to give me some credit here. How come only guy can do the sweeping, and not the girl? Life was so unfair.
 
“Can I borrow Mikihara-san for a minute, ladies?” he said to the girls in a charming manner, in which the girls just nodded stupidly.
 
I gave him a questioning look, but I followed him nevertheless. Anything to get away from the girls, I guess. We went to a corner of the room and stood there for a minute or so before he finally opened his mouth to speak.
 
“You've been staring at me, I see,” he started, a glint of amusement was clear in his eyes.
 
I raised an eyebrow at him. “Uh, is that a statement or a question?”
 
He smirked. “Depends on how you interpret it.”
 
“I do not stare at you. You're the one who was staring at me. Don't blame me for being so darn attractive,” I said frivolously.
 
He laughed. Then, he ran his fingers through his hair.
 
Wait, rewind, play, and freeze.
 
Did he just run his fingers through his hair?
 
Kyouya-senpai never did that before. I mean, sure, he smirked a lot but never did he use the `running my fingers through my silky hair' ploy on any client who come to the Host Club. Who was he trying to impress here?
And why the hell did he looks so… urm.. constipated?
 
“Still want me to drop dead?” he finally said with ease.
 
I shrugged. “Well, I wouldn't mind if you do.”
 
“Don't find the gift to your liking?”
 
“It's okay, I guess. Average, I dare to say.”
 
Okay, I lied. It was not just okay, in fact, that was probably the nicest gift I ever receive in my whole entire existence. I love Snow Drop more than anything else in the world and it was just, well, nice that he actually knew that.
 
It was flattering, really.
 
He was about to say something crude in return, but the sound of the door barged open completely stole our attention.
 
“The headmaster wants to see Mikihara Yukiya-kun. Is he here?” the guy, who barged in just now announced.
 
I raised my hands. “I'm here. Did he mention why?”
 
The guy shook his head. “But he wants to see you now. It's emergency, he said.”
 
Upon hearing the word `emergency', my hearts couldn't help but racing quickly. The bad feeling that I had early today came back all too suddenly to me. Giving Kyouya-senpai and the rest of the Host Club a nod, I followed the guy to the headmaster's room.
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
I made my way into the headmaster's room, only to see another two men already seated in front of the headmaster. Politely, I said, “You wanted to see me, Sir?”
 
The headmaster nodded and motioned for me to sit on the empty seat beside those two men. Confusedly, I just sat as he asked me to.
 
After what it seemed like eternity, he finally spoke. “Mikihara Yukiya-kun, these two men here are from the police department.”
 
I gave him a dumb look, which clearly said `Huh?'.
 
The two men beside me curt their head slightly at me and I did the same to them.
 
I returned my gaze to the headmaster, completely oblivious as to what was happening right now when I saw he gave the two men a signal that I didn't think I understand.
 
That was then the men decided to finally talk to me.
 
“Mikihara-san, I don't know how to break this to you..” his words trailed off. My heart was pounding like crazy.
 
“Your father was involved in a fatal car accident,” he continued shortly, a look of sadness was apparent on his face.
 
It took me at least ten seconds for my mind to actually respond to the information. “Excuse me, I think I didn't hear you right,” I said, giving him a baffled look.
 
The two men exchanged glances with each other. One of them closed his eyes and repeated the same information. “Your dad was involved in a fatal ca-”
 
He didn't need to finish the rest of the sentence because by that time, my knees already gave out on me as I sank to the floor in shock. My chest felt heavy and I suddenly forgot how to breathe. In an instant, I felt the tears just burst out of my eyes as I cried helplessly on the floor.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
The next three days all seemed like one big blur to me. The funeral, the burial, all those people hugging me and telling me how sorry they were.
 
I remembered the look that the Host Club gave me as they visit my father's funeral.
 
Tamaki-senpai just hugged me tightly, and he didn't say anything stupid for once.
 
Honey-senpai cried as he jumped onto me for a hug. I had to comfort him and said that I was okay for at least one hour, which was quite weird since he was supposed to do that for me.
 
Mori-senpai just patted my head and said, “It'll be okay.”
 
Hikaru and Koaru just nodded their head and shot me a sympathetic smile.
 
Haruhi, on the other hand, hugged me tightly and whispered, “If you want to talk it out, I'm here,” which almost made me cried again.
 
Finally, Kyouya-senpai just came to me and said, “You'll get over it.”
 
I raised my eyebrows at him. “Has anybody told you that you're bad at comforting people? Somehow, I didn't really feel comforted by your words.”
 
He corrected his glasses before he said, “I thought you're strong enough to comfort yourself.”
 
It was so weird because I actually felt comforted by his words. I put on a small smile on my lips and muttered thanks to him, before giving him an awkward hug.
 
The saddest thing was that I had to go back to the empty mansion, all alone. It was depressing because every single step that I took in the house, I was always reminded of my father. The sofa he used to sit on, the library he used to be in, the plants that loved so much, everything reminded me of him.
 
I sighed heavily. I felt tired more than anything else. My back hurt, my lips felt dry, and most of all, I can barely open my eyes anymore.
 
“Ojousama, do you want something to eat?” my maid asked.
 
I shook my head lightly. “I've already eaten.”
 
I trudged my feet to my room and threw myself onto the bed. I needed some sleep right now. I closed my eyes and let myself drifted into a dreamless slumber.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
I haven't gone to school for four days in a row, and this was the fifth day that I didn't. I didn't feel like going anyway. I stayed on my bed for it seemed like forever until I heard a noisy voice from downstairs.
 
I shot myself out of my bed and went downstairs to check. And to my surprise, I saw my mother standing there at the doorframe.
 
“Mom, what are you doing here?”
 
“Honey, I want to check if you're okay. Well, are you?” she asked, giving me a concern look.
 
“I'm okay, mom. You really don't need to come all the way from Washington just because you're worried about me. It's unnecessary.”
 
She gave me a frustrated look. “Yukiya, just because I divorced with your father and married another man doesn't mean that I don't have a right to care for you. I'm still your mother,” she reasoned.
 
I rubbed my temple. Major headache was clearly on their way. “Mom, I never said that. It's just, I don't feel that comfortable with all these attention. I'm just tired.”
 
She was about to say something else when my cellphone vibrated. Flipping my phone opened, I greeted, “Mikihara Yukiya speaking.”
 
At the end of the line, I heard a familiar, hoarse male voice. “Uncle Hiramu?”
 
Hiramu Oishi was my father's assistant. He pretty much did a great job in helping my father in the company. Wonder why he called me?
“Mikihara-san, you need to come to the company now. The lawyer is going to come in soon.”
 
“What?! It was just four days since my father passed, we're still in the mourning period and they're reading the will now?”
 
“Your uncle and cousin insisted. And the lawyer announcing the successor of Mikihara Company, no less.”
 
I gritted my teeth. “Those bastards. I'm coming in.”
 
“Good.”
 
“What is it?” my mother asked as I ended the call. She was completely clueless as to what was going on.
 
“They're reading the will and announcing the new president of the company.”
 
“That fast?”
 
I shrugged. “Apparently uncle and Hideki couldn't wait to get their stubby claws on the company.”
 
My mother laughed. “Still has your sarcasm intact, I see.”
 
I smiled for the first time in a few days. “It always be apart of me. Anyway, I better go get change now.”
 
“Be careful,” my mother suddenly said.
 
I spun around to face her. “Huh? What'd you mean?”
 
Her blue eyes stared right into mine. “If I didn't know better, you're going to succeed the company.”
 
I nodded. “I pretty much believed so.”
 
“You don't think your uncle and cousin will just sit right through that doing absolutely nothing, do you?”
 
I felt the lump in my throat suddenly grew larger.
 
I knew my uncle and my cousin.
 
But I didn't know them well enough to say that they wouldn't hurt me to get where they wanted.
 
Suddenly, the thought just scared the hell out of me.
 
It really did.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
Author's note : This is pretty much a depressing chapter, don't you think? More drama coming up soon, so stay tune for the next chapter. I will try to update in two weeks time (if my Calculus homework didn't burden me that much!), so hope to see you guys in two weeks.
 
Anyway, keep those reviews coming!!
 
I'm signing out.
 
Peace to the world.