Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ God Must Hate Me! ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
 
 
Disclaimer : I wish I own Ouran, but unfortunately, I don't. So, don't even think about suing me cos I definitely won't pay. Haha.. Anyway, all the unfamiliar names in this story are my original characters, which belong to me and only me. Thanks!
 
Author's Note : Cookies for everyone who reviewed the previous chapter :
 
Manson, Kei-Ten, sakura mae su, Sweety275, SmartOotori, Ritsikas, Kiya-chan, Thunder Ring, bakaneko-kyo, fightingphoenix36, contour and moogle in paradaisu.
 
Thx a lot for the reviews guys!! I am so happy that my fic has finally reached the 100 reviews mark!! Yaay, for me. I know that I'll say it will takes me two weeks to update, but I decided that I'm too lazy to study my Calculus and wrote this chapter instead.
 
I'm so bad, aren't I?
 
Anyway, here you go. The latest chapter of For Your Eyes Only!!
 
 
(chapter13) God Must Hate Me!
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
 
I sighed as I saw my reflection in the mirror. Man, didn't I look messy?
 
My face looked really pale and my short hair was such a mess, sticking in all direction. Don't let me get started on my eye! Not only it was bloody red, the black eye bags underneath my eyes seemed to make it even worse. Geez, even my eye bags have eye bags, could you imagine how terribly awful I look right now?
 
Oh, on the second thought, don't even bother to answer that.
 
I washed my face with cold water and brought myself to stare at my reflection again. I tried to force a small smile on my lips, but failed miserably. I shook my head slightly.
 
How can I smile when everything just went out of my way?
 
-------
 
“I hereby announced that the successor of Mikihara Company is Mikihara Yukiya.”
 
Yukiya smiled inwardly. She then averted gaze toward a certain young man, sitting in the seat, right in front of her. When his eyes caught her, she threw him a victory smirk.
 
“However..” the lawyer continued.
 
Yukiya felt her lips tugged into a frown.
 
“However, this arrangement will only be valid for three months. And within this three months, Mikihara Yukiya must proved her capability of managing this company, and if she fulfilled the requirement, she will officially inherit this company,” he finished his sentence.
 
What?! What do you mean by that? Yukiya yelled.
 
“It means that everything will depend on your performance during the next three months, Yukiya,” Hideki answered, a smirk was apparent on his face.
 
Yukiya glowered. “And who get to decide that?”
 
“The board of directors.. the lawyer answered.
 
Yukiya swallowed hard before asking, “And if I don't, who will succeed the company instead?”
 
“Your cousin, Mikihara Hideki.”
 
Yukiya glared at Hideki, who was now busying himself talking with his father.
 
“And why is that?”
 
“I believed that this is mostly your grandmother's decision.”
 
------
 
Even when everyone was out of the meeting room, Yukiya just stayed there in her seat, staring blankly at the folder containing her father's will.
 
“Have what it takes to manage this company?” Hideki asked, before continuing, “I don't think so.”
 
“What do you want?” Yukiya questioned, glaring dagger at him.
 
He sneered. “I want this company, Yukiya and you know it.”
 
“Don't even dream about that.”
 
“I don't have to. It will soon be mine anyway,” he said, moving closer to Yukiya.
 
Yukiya looked straight into his green eyes. “Being narcissistic, I see. And may I ask, what is the source of the idiotic confidence of yours, Hideki?”
 
“The company's current status, I guess.”
 
Yukiya raised her eyebrows slightly. “What do you mean by that?”
 
A smirk grazed his face as he answered, “You really don't know anything, do you?”
 
Then, he left Yukiya alone in the room, pondering on his last statement.
 
-----
 
I shook my head again and again to clear the event that happened yesterday out of my head.
 
Who am I kidding?
 
Three months to manage a company?
 
Frankly to tell, I don't think I will be able to pull that off. Heck, I don't think I can do that even if I was given one year. For heaven's sake, I am fifteen, what do they expect me to do? Manage a multi-billionaire company?
 
Apparently, that was what they expect me to do.
 
I almost died of a heart attack when the door to my bathroom suddenly banged open.
 
“Yukiya, why aren't you ready yet?” I cringed at the sound of my mother's.
 
Raising one of my eyebrows in a questioning manner, I simply asked, “Ready for what?”
 
“The dinner with your grandmother, of course,” she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
 
“You do realize that the dinner is tonight, right? And now is like..” I took a quick glance at my wristwatch, “.. 11.30 am.”
 
“Exactly. You have to choose the right dress, do your make up, hair and some other important stuff. All to impress your grandmother.”
 
“Woah, wait a freaking flipping second. Who said about impressing anyone?” I scowled and crossed my arms in protest.
 
“Honey..” her words trailed off. “I know this is hard for you. Just let me put this in the easiest way. Do you want the company your father has worked his life on fall into other people's hand?”
 
My gaze fell onto the floor beneath me. “No.”
 
“Then, I don't think you have much of a choice, honey. Impressing your grandmother and the board of directors is practically an inevitable task for you,” she said, smiling at me.
 
I growled. “Fine.”
 
“Okay, then. Let's go shopping!”
 
“What?! What's wrong with my wardrobe?”
 
She gave me a weird look. “You aren't thinking of going to the dinner wearing those faded jeans and shirt, are you?” she said, her fingers pointing at my attire.
 
I went silent on the question. So what if did think of that? I didn't look half bad in this anyway. “Urm.. I guess?”
 
She threw her hands up in frustration. “That's it. We're going shopping,” she said as she dragged me into her car and drove away as I busied myself with thinking of a perfect escape plan.
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
When she said shopping, what she really meant was she needed a slave to carry her shopping bags - which was unfortunately, me at the current moment.
 
“Mom, can we go back now? My legs are killing me,” I pouted, dropping the fifteen shopping bags onto the floor.
 
“What? We haven't got anything for you yet,” she replied.
 
Dragging my feet halfway the mall, I followed her around the mall until we came to a halt in front of a boutique. I gulped as I saw a twinkle in my mother's eyes.
 
Oh, God. This is so not going to be good.
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
I hate shopping.
 
Okay, I know that hate was such a strong word but I couldn't help myself from feeling that. Well, I am sure that you would feel the same if you were practically force to change into the 49th outfit in the last one hour.
 
Unbelievable?
 
Well, believe it because I was doing exactly that right now.
 
Stripping the 49th outfit from my body, I slipped into the 50th outfit that day, which consist of a black pleated skirt, a white blouse with matching white high heels.
 
Once I finished putting on the outfit, I checked myself in the mirror. I swirled around a few times, and came to a complete stop, only to notice that the blouse I was wearing was immodestly revealed a little bit too much of my cleavage for my taste.
 
“Damn it, she's doing this on purpose!” I screamed.
 
Groaning inwardly, I pushed open the curtain and went to search for my mother. I finally found her talking to a lady (whose face I cannot see) beside the handbag section. Approaching her immediately, I confronted, “Mom, what the hell is this?” I said, indiscreetly pointing to my now-revealing chest.
 
Her face turned into a wide grin. “Yukiya, you look beautiful!”
 
I glared at my mother. I averted my gaze to the figure beside my mother, who decided to turn around at the same time.
 
“Fuyumi-neesan?” I blurted out.
 
“Ara, Yukiya-san?” she greeted me. “Oh, my. You look amazing,” she gushed.
 
“See, I told you,” my mother interved.
 
“Is there a need to reveal my cleavage?”
 
“It didn't reveal that much. Besides, there's nothing wrong with flaunting your asset,” she replied.
 
I groaned. “I'm just fifteen, for heaven's sake. I don't have asset!” I yelled, turning around to go back into the changing room and get the hell out of here as soon as I can. Well, I was about to until I heard..
 
“Ah, you paid for it already? Thanks, Kyouya-san,” Fuyumi said.
 
In shock, I turned around again, only to find myself pinned against one of the Kyouya-senpai's infamous stare.
 
I wonder if God hates me or something.
 
“What are you doing here?” I asked, sounded harsher than I meant to.
 
“Yukiya, you know this fine young man?” my mother interjected, a smile spread across her face.
 
Great! Just great! Now this? Why don't you just shoot me while you're at it?
 
“Pretty much. We go to the same school,” I said dejectedly.
 
“Wait here, Yukiya. I think I saw a cute pink blouse over there,” she said, her eyes were fixed on something at the distance. To my dismay, Fuyumi-neesan also left with my mother in search for their imaginary pink blouse, leaving me and Kyouya-senpai alone. Well, technically we were not alone considering the fact that we were still in the boutique, but well, you get my drift.
 
“You still haven't answered my question, Kyouya-senpai,” I started off, continuing our conversation from where we left off.
 
He smirked. I eyed him suspiciously as I saw his eyes traveled so leisurely from my eyes, to my lips and finally came to a stop at my chest.
 
What the hell was his deal? Was he checking me out? Oh my God, I sounded like a girl! I swear that this blouse was making me self-conscious!
 
“Haven't you heard that staring at people is a very rude?” I said, making sure that my every word was dripping with sarcasm.
 
His eyes finally moved from my chest to my eyes. “Yes, and your point is?” he replied nonchalantly.
 
I swore that one of these days, I am going to kill him and bury him with my own two hands!
 
“And you're staring at me,” I pointed out the obvious.
 
“Then, why are you standing there if you don't want people to stare at you? Do you have an ambition of becoming a living lamppost?” he asked in a sly tone.
 
“Fine, don't answer any of my questions!” I spat, turning around on my heels to go back into the changing room.
 
I let out a series of incoherent curses as I got back into the dressing room and closed the curtain behind me. I was about to take off my clothes when I faintly heard someone out there saying something like, “Sir, you can't go in there!”
 
I shrieked as I saw the curtain behind me was opened forcefully, and the next thing I knew, Kyouya-senpai grabbed me by the wrist. He led me toward the exit, never forgetting to leave a few pieces of cash on the counter. The alarm went off as we walked out of the store, but he ignored it anyway, continued to pull me toward the exit of the mall. He then stopped a cab and shoved me inside the car.
 
“What the hell do you think you're doing and where are you taking me?” I screamed.
 
He sneered as the driver drove off from the mall. “I'm saving you from doing things that you didn't like.”
 
I snorted. “And you think I like this?” I raised my eyebrows slightly, waiting for his response before simply stated, “This is practically kidnapping.”
 
“We're here, Sir,” the taxi driver announced, immediately snapping me out of the verbal exchange with him.
 
“We're here where?” I asked dumbly.
 
Kyouya-senpai pulled me out of the cab and I found myself in front of a coffee shop. I gaped at him. “You're kidnapping me to get coffee? Unbelievable!”
 
“At least you don't have to change your clothes anymore,” he replied. My gaze fell to my hands, which was now held by none other than the baboon himself, and somehow I was a little too aware the tingling sensation I felt as his skin brushed against mine. Man, I hate this blouse! It was making me self-conscious!
 
He let my hands go as we sat in the coffee shop. A waiter then came to take the order. He gave the Kyouya-senpai the menu and then me; well not before he brushed his hand against mine. I was not sure it was an accident or he did it on purpose, but who cares?
 
“May I bluntly ask, what is it that a girl as beautiful as you wants to drink?” he asked seductively, earning himself a raised eyebrows from me and Kyouya-senpai.
 
(Kyouya POV)
 
I raised my eyebrows as the waiter openly flirting with Yukiya in front of my own eyes. Not that I mind, really, but who flirts with a girl who came with a guy at the restaurant? And he deserved to get his eyes, which was now openly staring at Yukiya's chest, stabbed with fork.
 
Now, that would be a crime.
 
Smirking, I answered him before Yukiya managed to come up with a reply. “I think she wants a talk to your manager.”
 
My smirk grown wider as I saw the color drained from his face.
 
“Aw, relax man. No need to involve the manager in this situation. I'm sorry. I don't know that she's yours or something,” he said in panic, and threw his hands up insinuating that he surrendered.
 
“Hey, I'm not a property, okay!” Yukiya yelled.
 
I grinned. “One espresso and one latte.”
 
He quickly jotted it down onto the notepad. “Anything else?”
 
“Oh, do me a favor. Take good care of your eyes or you might be dealing with one of my lawyers.”
 
He gulped and nodded, immediately went back to the back of the shop after that, not even dare to spare Yukiya a second glance.
 
Nobody messes with Ootori Kyouya!
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
Man, that waiter looked like he was going to cry after Kyouya-senpai muttered something to him.
 
“That was uncalled for. No need to bully him or something,” I said at him.
 
He shrugged, his eyes was fixed at something in the distant.
 
I groaned. Will he ever answer any of my questions? Apparently, not. I stuck my hands in the back pocket of my jeans, only to realize that I was not wearing any jeans anymore. Oh my God, I left my cellphone inside my jeans back in the changing room.
 
Great, o great! God really hates me now!
 
“Kyouya-senpai, can I borrow your phone for a while? I need to call my mother,” I asked.
 
“I call her myself,” he declared, flipping open his phone and pressed the call button.
 
“You have my mom's number? What are you? A stalker?” I questioned in disbelief.
 
He ignored me as he talked to my mother on the phone. “Good afternoon, Tatsuya-san. I'm sorry, but I hope you don't mind me taking your daughter for a coffee,” he started off smoothly.
 
Althought I couldn't hear my mom's, I certainly can pretty much guess her reaction by now. Somewhere between the lines, `AWWWWWWWWWWW' or `you got yourself a boyfriend?'.
 
Gag me!
 
My attention was back at Kyouya-senpai as he closed his phone. “What did she say?” I asked curiously.
 
“Nothing. Just want me to take you straight to your grandmother's house by 8 pm for dinner,” he answered, sipping his espresso at the same time.
 
“Oh.”
 
“The others are worried about you.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“You haven't been coming to school for a week, and next week is our mid-semester exam. So, they're worried about you,” he continued.
 
I smiled, propping my face on my hands and pretended to stare at him with interest. “Will that `they' includes you?” I asked cheekily.
 
He smirked as he leaned closer to me. “Would you want me to include myself in `they' too?
 
“How come everything just backfires at me? That's not fair, you know,” I complained.
 
He leaned back into his chair, staring at me.
 
My thumped a few beats faster. “What are you staring at?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“Oh yeah?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Do me a favor and tell me the truth.”
 
“There's nothing to tell.”
 
“Oh yeah?”
 
“Yes.”
 
And the completely pointless and inane conversation reiterated itself over and over again.
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
“You don't look so happy to see your grandmother,” Kyouya-senpai pointed out as we were on the way to my grandmother's house in a cab.
 
I frowned. “I don't hate her if that's what you're implying.”
“I never said anything.”
“I don't know. It's just.. argh.. Forget it that we're having this conversation,” I mumbled. My eyes went wide as the all familiar mansion came to my view. “We're here,” I said excitedly.
 
We went out of the cab and walked toward the majestic gate (my grandma's mansion is SO big!), only to be greeted by two maids. “Mikihara-sama, your grandmother is waiting inside.”
 
I nodded my head slowly. I turned to mutter a small thanks to Kyouya-senpai, who was now retracted himself to go back to the cab.
 
Well, he was about to until I heard my grandmother's voice shouting in the background. I spun around toward the source of the voice and found myself staring into my grandmother's eyes. “Grandma?”
 
I nearly choked to death as my grandmother pulled me into a hug, not to mention, with her death grip.
 
“Grandma, I missed you.”
 
“I know. I missed you too.” By this time, she already let me go. “I'm sorry that I couldn't make it to your father's funeral.”
 
I shook my head. “It's okay. We all know that you're busy.”
 
She smiled. Then, she cocked her head to a side as she finally took notice of Kyouya-senpai, who was standing behind me. “Ara, who is this fine young man?”
 
What is it with elderly woman that they kept referring to Kyouya-senpai as a fine young man?
 
He is so not, I quote, `a fine young man'.
 
Kyouya-senpai went forward and bowed slightly as a gesture of respect. “I'm Ootori Kyouya.”
 
My grandmother furrowed her eyebrows. “Your boyfriend, Yukiya?”
 
I blushed. “No. He's just my senior at school.”
 
“What would he be doing here then?”
 
I thought about telling her about the whole kidnapping thingy, but I figured that it was not the best idea to do just that for the time being, so I told her that we bumped into each other and decided to have coffee together.
 
“He's just about to go home now,” I declared to her.
 
“Yukiya, where's your manner? You don't expect a man who sent you all the way here to just go home without offering at least him a cup of tea?” she berated me.
 
I gaped at her as I saw her inviting Kyouya-senpai into the mansion.
 
Great, this must be the longest night in my life!
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
It was supposed to be a cup of tea at first, but when Kyouya-senpai started charming everyone in the proximity of five meter radius of him, which unfortunately includes my grandmother, the invitation turned into a dinner with the rest of my family.
 
Did I mention that God hates me?
 
And there I was, sitting right beside him while the others (my grandmother, my aunts, and the maids) practically gaping at Kyouya-senpai like a fish. I wonder what would have happened if the rest of the Host Club was here?
 
I shuddered at the thought.
 
I leaned toward Kyouya-senpai to whisper something in his ear when I saw my grandmother's attention turned toward my aunt. “I think my grandmother likes you,” I joked.
 
“It's not a surprise to me,” he said.
 
Sheesh… looks like I just inflated his ego!
 
I laughed. “I saw the way she was looking at you. I say that she wants you!”
 
I felt he tensed beside me. Man, was that fear I smelled?
“And I saw the way you're looking at her. You like her, don't you?” I stopped for a while to gauge his reaction, and then continued as I saw him stopped chewing the food in his mouth, “Seriously, I don't mind calling you grandpa. Oh, by the way, she likes daisies.” By this time I was already laughing hysterically.
 
“What is it so funny, Yukiya?” my grandmother asked.
 
“Nothing,” I said a little unconvincingly, but she seemed to buy it anyway since she adverted her attention back to my aunt.
 
I tensed as I felt his hands traveled down my arms and settled onto my hand under the table. “It is not funny, Yukiya,” he leaned against me, whispering into my ear. We were so close that I can almost feel his breath against my neck. A blush quickly crept onto my cheeks. I tried to say something sarcastic in return, but nothing came out of my mouth.
 
Damn it!
 
I saw the elders stopped their conversation and turned their attention toward Kyouya-senpai and me. “Uh..” I blurted out.
 
My aunt sent me a suggestive look while my grandmother just raised her eyebrows at me. Kyouya-senpai released my hand under the table and shot the women one of his award-winning smiles. To my surprise, the women returned his smile and went back to their conversation, leaving Kyouya-senpai and me, once again, alone in our own little world.
 
God, I was saved.
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
It was about 10.30 pm when Kyouya-senpai finally excused himself from my family.
 
Man, that was such a relief!
 
“Mikihara-san, it is such a pleasure meeting you,” he said to my grandmother. My grandmother, in return, just smiled sheepishly at him. “You're welcome to visit here anytime.”
 
“I'll go get you a cab,” I offered, but my grandmother stopped me in my track.
 
“No, it's okay. I ask one of my drivers to send him back to his mansion,” she said.
 
A maid was about to walked him to the limo outside, but my grandmother stopped her and pushed me out instead. I mouthed her a `what' and she just whispered, “Walk him to the limo.”
 
Then, she pushed me again, which caused me to stumble outside, right behind Kyouya-senpai. Awkwardly, I walked him to the limo.
 
“Thanks a lot for today,” I muttered.
 
“I must say, I enjoyed the dinner with your family.”
 
“Yeah, and don't forget my grandmother. She is practically infatuated with you,” I said, laughing at my own jokes.
 
“You would never let this go, would you?”
 
I nodded. “Never. At least I got something to blackmail you.”
 
“At least you're smiling,” he said, which completely took my off-guard. I felt a blush crept to my cheeks and my hearts thumped faster than I had ever imagined.
 
Shoot, what was wrong with me?
“What'd you mean? I always smile.”
 
“You mother said that you stopped smiling since your father died,” he mentioned, reducing the distance between us bit by bit.
 
“Oh.”
 
“Do me a favor.. Just come back to school. Everyone is worried about you.”
 
A small smile played on my lips as I brought my eyes to his. “Would that `everyone' includes you?” I repeated the question I asked him earlier, still in a playful manner.
 
I was expecting him to answer me in some kind of enigmatic way, but what comes next from, totally took me by surprise.
 
“Yes, that's includes me.”
 
I stared at him, my eyes widened. “Wh-”
 
I never got to finish my words because when I looked up at him, all I saw was his brown eyes closing in on me and his lips settled on my cheek.
 
My hands immediately made it ways to my cheek in shock. I saw he smirked at me and climbed into the limo.
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
By the time I was back into the mansion, everyone was already getting ready to go back, leaving me and my grandmother alone.
 
“He's such a nice young man, don't you think, Yukiya?” she asked me.
 
“I don't know.”
 
“Yukiya, are you upset with me?”
 
“Grandma, why did you come up with the arrangement?” I asked, my gaze fell to the carpet under my feet.
 
I heard she let out a heavy sigh. “I don't have much of a choice, Yukiya. The board of directors pushed me into that decision.”
 
“You know that it is my father's company, I don't want to see it fall into other people's hand.”
 
“I know. Believe me, Yukiya. I tried to buy you more time but they give me hell about it. The board of directors is not easy to please, Yukiya,” she explained.
 
“I'm not sure if I can do it.”
 
She smiled at my words. “Do you seriously think that I would come up with the plan if I thought you couldn't handle it?”
 
“You seriously think I could pull this off?”
 
“Of course. The women of Mikihara's are strong enough to succeed on their own. Take me for example.”
 
Very true indeed. My grandmother has her own company, way before she even met grandfather. My respect for her just officially increased a notch.
 
“Thanks, grandma. That's really help,” I said, giving her a hug.
 
“If you need any help, just remember that I'm here.”
 
“Again, thanks a lot,” I added, hugging her even tighter.
 
She smiled. “Now that we got over that, let's talk about that Ootori Kyouya.”
 
I refrained myself from rolling eyes. “Grandma..”
 
“I know.. I know.. You don't think I should step into your love life. But he is such a nice boy.”
 
Oh, God. Not this again..
 
Save me!
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
Okay, that's it for this chapter. Hope it is not a disappointment to you guys. Anyway, see you in 2 weeks or so. (This time, I'm serious since my final is coming and all)
 
Thx again for all the review and hope you guys keep reading.
 
Please read and review.
 
I'm signing off.
 
Peace to the world!