Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ He Sees Her When She's Sleeping ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
 
 
Disclaimer : I wish I own Ouran, but unfortunately, I don't. So, don't even think about suing me cos I definitely won't pay. Haha.. Anyway, all the unfamiliar names in this story are my original characters, which belong to me and only me. Thanks!
 
Author's Note : Cookies for everyone who reviewed the previous chapter :
 
bringme2life, SmartOotori, fightingphoenix36, sakura mae su, contour, M a i r 9 5 1 2, Kei-Ten, Ritsikas, Sakimi1014, Kiya-chan and xXlOvehOlicXx.
 
(chapter14) He Sees Her When She's Sleeping..
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Haruhi POV)
 
I let out a sigh of relief as the teacher finished collecting the exam paper.
 
“God, glad that's over,” I heard Hikaru beside me muttered.
 
“How's the test?” Kaoru asked, sitting himself onto my table.
 
I shrugged. “Pretty okay, I guess.”
 
“Hey, nobody is going to ask me?” Yukiya intervened, her arms crossed against her chest.
 
“What's the point?” Kaoru answered.
 
Yukiya nodded. “Yeah, people know I'm going to excel on it anyway, ne?”
 
Hikaru raised his eyebrow at her. “Uh, I think he was going to say that what's point of asking someone who's going fail anyway?”
 
“Hey! That's not nice,” Yukiya argued, “I can at least pass this test.”
 
“Sure, you can..” Hikaru said, doubt was clearly apparent in his voice.
 
“Guys.. Guys.. Stop.. We need to go to Host Club right now or we'll be late,” I reminded them.
 
Yukiya rose from her chair. “I thought there would be no Host Club meeting for the rest of the week.”
 
Hikaru and Kaoru slunged their arms around her shoulder. “Oh, come on. Don't tell us that you know nothing about the summer festival.”
 
“It's next week,” I said.
 
“Oh, yeah. It's kinda slipped my mind. Bet you guys already have something in your sick, perverted mind,” she said, raising her eyebrows at the twins.
 
The twins grinned. “Of course we have.”
 
I shook my head. Somehow, I had the feeling that this was not going to be a fun summer for me.
 
Not at all.
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
“Okay, so no for tea party, no for costume party, no for ball party, so.. that's leave us with… let me see.. nothing?” I said in annoyance.
 
“Yeah, dono. Do you have something else in mind?” Hikaru asked.
 
Tamaki-senpai walked back and forth. “I need something big, something spectacular, something that will blow everyone's head off. We have to make sure that we can sell the tickets.”
 
“What tickets?” I asked.
 
“You know, every year, the school organized this contest, where the club which sell the most tickets to their activities win,” Hikaru explained.
 
“And the prize is?”
 
“The club that wins get a new, exclusive clubroom,” Kaoru answered.
 
“Wow, cool prize! We definitely have to come up with something spectacular.”
 
“And that something is…” Haruhi words trailed off.
 
“I know, I know..” Honey-senpai raised his hands, jumping around excitedly.
 
“If it's has anything to do with lollipop stall, then no,” Kaoru replied.
 
“Oh.”
 
“Any other idea?”
 
“I know, I know..” Honey-senpai raised his hands again.
 
“If it's has anything to do with teddy bear stall, then no,” Hikaru replied.
 
“But why not?” Honey-senpai sobbed.
 
“I might have something good,” Kyouya-senpai suddenly said.
 
I averted my attention from the blank paper in front of me to the Shadow King.
 
“What is it?” Haruhi asked in curiosity.
 
“Natsu-Matsuri.”
 
“Huh?” I replied unintelligently. I saw the rest of the Host Club exchanged confused glances with one another. Haruhi, on the other hand, just stared at Kyouya-senpai, a look of horror was apparent on her face.
 
“Is it some kind of ghost house?” Tamaki-senpai asked.
 
Kyouya-senpai shook his head. “No, but I believe Haruhi can explain it to you guys. Right, Haruhi?”
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Kaoru POV)
 
“You do know that Riku went back to LA, right?” I asked the figure beside me as we stepped into the limo.
 
He shrugged. “Yeah, I figure it out after I didn't see her at our house anymore.”
 
“Doesn't it bother you that she doesn't even say goodbye?”
 
“Nope. Not a bit,” he replied.
 
“Hikaru, can you at least tell me what happened between you guys a few years back?”
 
“Nothing happened.”
 
“Oh, yeah. Then, care to explain to me as to why you and she can't even stay in one room without getting at each others neck? Why can't you guys say proper goodbye to each other? Why can't you guys see each other straight in the eyes?” I countered, my tone raised a notch.
 
“Why are we even having a fight about her? She left. Big deal!”
 
My temper rose. “Of course it bothers me! My twin and my best friend are having a World War 3 and I don't even understand why. Don't you think I, at least, deserve to know the reason?” I reasoned.
 
“I never say anything about you and that commoner girl.”
 
“Who? Kasumi-san?”
 
“Yeah, whatever her name is. You never heard I said anything about her.”
 
I gritted my teeth in irritation. “That's because nothing is going on between me and her. It's a different story with you and Riku.”
 
I saw his lips tugged into a frown. I let out a sigh of defeat when he didn't say anything in return. I shook my head as I turned my gaze toward the scenery out of the window, my head still engrossed in the thought.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++--++
 
(Flashback)
 
“Where are you going, Riku-chan?” Kaoru asked, standing at the end of Riku's bed. The boy just stared at her as she packed her clothes into a luggage.
 
“I'm going to America with my uncle and aunt,” she replied as she stuck more and more clothes into the luggage.
 
“But I thought you said you weren't going?” the boy replied, his voice almost turned into a sob.
 
Riku let her eyes fell on the floor. “I changed my mind, Kaoru. I'm so sorry.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Where's Hikaru?”
 
Kaoru pouted. “He won't get up from his bed.” Riku's face immediately fell at hearing his response.
 
“Are you okay, Riku-chan?”
 
She nodded. “Yeah, I need to get going. My uncle and aunt are waiting downstairs,” she said, giving the boy a tight hug. “Thanks for everything, Kaoru. I'm going to miss you.”
 
“Aren't you going to say goodbye to Hikaru?”
 
Riku shook her head slightly. “I don't think I have the time.”
 
“I'm sure he's going to miss you too, Riku-chan.”
 
She shot him with a sad smile. “Somehow, I doubt that he will.”
 
 
++--++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Riku POV)
 
“Hey, you're back already?” Lynette greeted me as soon as she walked into the studio.
 
I put down the magazine that I was reading and averted my gaze to her. “Uh, yeah? How else can I be here?”
 
“That's early. I thought you would be spending more time there.”
 
“I told you that I was just visiting an old friend. Nothing big.”
 
“I heard it was a guy you're visiting,” she gave me a curious look.
 
“What did Val told you?”
 
She shrugged. “That you've been going out with the son of the fashion designer.”
 
I sighed. “He's the friend I'm talking about.”
 
“One hot friend, that is.”
 
I rolled my eyes at her statement. “Have you seen him?”
 
“Nope, but I'm about to.”
 
I raised my eyebrows at her. “Does that statement have a double meaning?”
 
She was about to open her mouth to answer me, the door banged open. The other two members of Snow Drop walked in. “Talk about the devil,” I said in annoyance. “Why are we even here anyway? I thought the recording session is not scheduled until next September.”
 
“We got a gig to attend to,” Raleigh announced.
 
“Since when?” I asked.
 
“We got the memo from our manager yesterday,” Lynette said.
 
“Yeah, wouldn't this be interesting?” Val beamed.
 
“Hardly..” I replied, “Anyway, why am I the last one to know?”
 
“None of us can reach you by phone yesterday,” Val informed.
 
“Anyway, we were invited by the Music Club o-”
 
“Wait? Music Club? Is this some kind of a joke? We're playing for a school?” I snorted.
 
“Yup, the Music Club of Ouran High School wa-”
 
“Ouran High School?”
 
Raleigh nodded.
 
“The school for the privileged kids?”
 
“Yes, and will you just let me finish?” Raleigh said calmly, “Okay, they want us to play for the summer festival next week.”
 
“Natsu-Matsuri?”
 
“Remember, Riku-chan. We're not Japanese, so we don't exactly understand Japanese or whatever hell you are talking about,” Lynette retorted.
 
“I don't want to do this,” I said.
 
Val shook her head. “No good. Our manager already agreed and took the money.”
 
“What the hell? Can he at least ask me first?”
 
“Why are you so worked up over this? It's just a gig in some high school,” Raleigh reasoned.
 
I sat back into the chair in defeat. Damn it. Can my life get any suckier than this?
 
“We're going there the day after tomorrow,” Lynette said.
 
Apparently not.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
 
“Chill, Haruhi. I don't think it would turn out that bad,” I consoled Haruhi, who looked almost as pale as a ghost.
 
“You don't know them. They tend to exaggerate things. I bet that the Natsu-Matsuri will look nothing like… well, Natsu-Matsuri!” Haruhi said.
 
I pondered on her answer for a while. “Yeah, maybe you're right. But, it wouldn't be that bad. I mean, th-” I stopped in my mid-sentence as I felt my cellphone vibrated.
 
Flipping my phone opened, I greeted, “Mikihara Yukiya speaking.”
 
“Mikihara-sama, it's an emergency.” I heard Uncle Hiramu's voice at the other end of the line.
 
“What is it?”
 
“The board of directors wants to meet you now!”
 
“Now? But I'm still in school.”
 
“I know, but I don't think they would be too happy if you're late.”
 
“Fine, I'll be there. Tell them to wait for me.”
 
“I will, Mikihara-sama.” Then, the line went dead.
 
I closed my phone furiously. “They're so unreasonable.”
 
“What is it?” Haruhi asked.
 
“Nothing much. Some stupid emergency with the company. Hey, Haruhi, tell the guys that I wouldn't be able to come this evening to discuss the plan. Gotta run,” I smiled apologetically to Haruhi.
 
“Okay.”
 
I ran to the parking lot only to find that my limo was not there. “Great!” I was about to call my driver when Kyouya-senpai's limo stopped right in front of me.
 
“Do you need a ride?” he asked.
 
“Not from you.”
 
“Okay,” he replied, closing the windows.
 
I gritted my teeth in annoyance. “Wait. Fine, I do need a ride.”
 
“You should say so in the beginning. After all, honesty is the best policy,” he smirked at me. I opened the door to his limo and got into the limo. “I want to go to Mikihara Construction Company.”
 
“Nobody likes a demanding woman.”
 
“I never ask anyone to like me. Mikihara Construction Company, NOW!” I yelled.
 
He smirked. “Driver, you heard her.”
 
I relaxed into the seat as I felt the limo moved. “What's the rush?” he asked, striking a conversation with me.
 
“A good president shouldn't talk to an unknown person about the internal affair of a company, right?” I said frivolously.
 
He raised his eyebrows at me. “You are on the right track then.”
 
“I'm glad I am.”
 
“You know about the new Ootori Group's project?”
 
I nodded. “The specialized hospital for Syndrome Down, right? Heard it will be a huge project.”
 
“Not interested in the project?”
 
I stare at him I disbelief. “Like hell I'm not. Why? Would you give it to me?”
 
He smirked. “What will I get in return if I give the contract to you?”
 
I pondered on the question for a while, before replying, “Uh, I don't know. Maybe a hug?” I laughed at my own answer.
 
“I don't think anybody would want to give something that important with just a hug, Yukiya,” he riposted. “Let me tell you that you're not very good with negotiation.”
 
“Okay, fine. What should I give you then?” I questioned.
 
He corrected his glasses before fixing his gaze onto me. “A kiss would be nice.”
 
I gasped. “Haha.. Very funny, Mr. Perverted Mind!” I said, smacking him with my notebook.
 
“I thought that would be funny,” he said. “Anyway, we're here.”
 
The limo came to a complete halt as we arrived in front of the company. I let myself out of the limo, well not before I turned to face him. “I'll think about the offer, Mr. Ootori Kyouya,” I laughed.
 
“I'll be waiting for the answer then,” he sneered, closing the window of the limo as the limo sped off.
 
I shook my head, a smile graced my face as I turned and walked toward the door.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
 
“I won't agree to leave this company into the care of some stupid young girl!” one of the man shouted.
 
I rose from my seat furiously. “Who are you calling stupid? I can handle the company,” I yelled back.
 
“And what exactly have you done to prove that statement?” the man interrogated me. “Whatever you have done so far has proven otherwise.”
 
I snorted. “I can't believe this. You just gave me the company for one week. What the hell do you expect me to do in one freaking week?!”
 
“Mikihara-sama, watch your word,” Uncle Hiramu reminded me.
 
“You are aware of the fact that your cousin, Hideki has already succeed in sealing the deal with Tanaka Company, right?” one other man pointed out.
 
My gaze fell onto the paper on the table. I saw Hideki leered at me from right across the table.
 
“I heard you're quite close with the third heir of Ootori Company,” the man continued.
 
“What are you implying?”
 
He smirked. “I think you are aware that there will be a new project of Ootori Group.”
 
“Yes, I'm aware of it.”
“Get the deal,” he finished.
 
“I'm not going to use my friendship to get it.”
 
“Then, you're not being a very good businessman,” Hideki intervened. “It's the first rule of a businessman to give utmost priority to profit than anything else.”
 
“I don't want to be turned into someone like you, Hideki-san,” I retorted. “But I'll get the contract for the company even if it's the last thing I do.”
 
“Then prove it to us,” the first man challenged, standing up from his chair and walked out of the room. His steps were then followed by the rest of the directors, leaving only me, Uncle Hiramu and Hideki in the room.
 
I eyed Hideki suspiciously. “What do you want, Hideki?”
 
“Don't you think you're being selfish?”
 
“About what?”
 
“I think I make a very good president. But you? I'm not so sure anymore,” he answered slyly. “The company would fall if you don't make any drastic move, Yukiya. I'm sure you're aware of it.”
 
I glared at him. “I will do what I have to do. You, on the other hand, should just sit tight and watch me run the company, which I own!”
 
He shrugged. “I'm just offering a help, Yukiya.”
“I don't need your help.”
 
“Oh yeah, I forgot. Whenever you have a problem, you just run to that little boyfriend of yours, Ootori Kyouya, ne? I'm sure he'll be happy to help.”
 
I gritted my teeth in anger. “What the hell is your problem?”
 
“You don't deserve this company, Yukiya,” he stated, rising from his chair toward the door.
 
“And neither do you,Hideki,” I finished off.
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
(Normal POV)
 
 
“What exactly did we do in the so-called Natsu-Matsuri?” Kaoru asked, looking at Haruhi expectantly.
 
“Usually, people wears kimono or yukata and in Natsu-Matsuri, there's a lot of food, games and performances - like traditional dance or something,” Haruhi explained.
 
Hikaru pulled a face of disgust. “Looks like a boring festival to me,” he said, which immediately earned himself a smack by Tamaki. “Ouch, what the hell is that for?”
 
“Just go along with her. Don't hurt her already-bruised feeling!” Tamaki whispered to Hikaru, while Hikaru just nodded obediently.
 
Haruhi rolled her eyes. “I can still hear your voice and no, you're not hurting my `already-bruised' feeling!”
 
“Kimono and yukata, huh? Our mother just released a new collection of kimono and yukata. Very suitable for this festival, ne?” Kaoru pointed out.
 
“What game are we going to play?!” Honey asked, hugging his Usa-chan tightly in his arms.
 
“Uh.. There's this one game called Kin-Gyo-Su-Kui, or we can call it `Scoop the Goldfish' where you have to catch a goldfish using a thin piece of paper that breaks easily,” Haruhi explained.
 
“That sounds like fun, ne, Takashi?” Honey beamed in joy while Mori just nodded.
 
“What else is there, Haruhi?” Tamaki asked.
 
“I think that's about it.”
 
“I don't think that's enough to attract customers,” Kyouya interjected.
 
Kaoru thought for a second and replied, “Yeah, Kyouya-senpai is right. That's just too plain. I heard the Music Club is going to import a musical act from America. They have sold about 300 tickets up till now.”
 
“It's a commoner's festival. It's supposed to be plain!” Haruhi yelled.
 
“If we want to beat them, we need a much bigger thing to rival them!” Tamaki muttered.
 
Hikaru and Kaoru exchanged evil glances with one another before they said, “We think we have a wonderful idea.”
 
Tamaki eyes brightened, while Haruhi just sighed. “Good. Shoot.”
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
“You don't deserve this company, Yukiya.”
 
His voice kept playing in my head over and over again.
 
Was it the truth that I don't deserve the company? I shook the thought out of my head as I walked into the garden at the back of my mansion. I breathed in the air around me. I still remember seeing my father sat on the bench in front of the fountain, his eyebrows furrowed as he went through the documents. I'd give anything in the world just to see him again.
 
I sat myself onto one of the bench. Opening the briefcase, I pulled out some folders, containing some agreement that need to be approved by me. “Okay, first up. Agreement with Tanaka Company.”
 
I read the first few lines of the contract aloud. The contractor shall make only one draw every 30 days. Certified Payroll Reports shall be submitted weekly. Weekly payroll information shall include a completed Japan Department of Labor Form WH-347 or its equivalent and a Statement of Compliance, Japan. Department of Labor Form WH-348 or its equivalent.
 
My eyes widened at the words. “What the hell is this? English literature?”
 
(Kyouya POV)
 
The limo stopped as we reached in front of Mikihara Mansion.
 
“Thank you. I'll call later when I need a ride,” I said to the driver as I walked out of my limo to the gate. One of her maid came out front. “Yes, may I help you, Sir?”
 
“I'm Ootori Kyouya. I'm here to see Mikihara Yukiya-san. Is she home?”
 
The maid nodded her head slightly and guided me into the house. “Ootori-sama, she's at the back of the mansion. In the garden,” she said, excusing herself and went back into the kitchen.
 
I stepped into the garden and took a look around. It was a standard garden, with a gazebo and water fountain. Nothing too impressive here. My eyes scanned the garden until it settled onto the certain brunette, sitting on one of the benches. A vast amount of paper scattered on the table in front of her.
 
“Hey, Yukiya,” I greeted her, smirking when I heard she gasped quietly before turning around to face me.
 
“Nice shorts,” I pointed out. I let my eyes fell to her legs, and soon her gaze also followed mine. “If you're thinking of seducing me into giving you the contract, then you're way off. I'm not giving you anything until I get the kiss,” I laughed.
 
“Pervert! What are you even doing here?!” she asked, her eyebrows furrowed a bit.
 
I smirked. “Just paying you a visit.”
 
She rolled her eyes as she turned her attention to the paper in her hands. “Right..”
 
“What are you doing?” I asked, settling myself onto the vacant seat beside her.
 
“Approving some contracts..”
 
“Didn't you need lawyer for that?”
 
She sighed. “Yeah, but he gave up on me after trying to explain what concordantly means for 2 hours straight. But, on the bright side, he gave me this,” she shoved a thick, heavy book entitled Law Jargon for Idiot into my chest.
 
(Yukiya POV)
 
I shifted a little to the right in order not to get too close to him. Man, what the hell is he doing here anyway?
 
“You need my help with that?” he asked, he rose above me to take a clear look at the paper on the table.
 
“Hey! You can't see it! It is supposed to be confidential!” I screamed.
 
He laughed. “Now, you started thinking like a president.”
 
“And you still haven't answered my question. What are you doing here?”
 
“I thought I already answer that one. I'm not much of a repeater,” he replied.
 
“Fine. Don't say anything at all, why don't you?”
 
“Here it is,” he said, dropping a folder onto the table right in front of me. I picked it up and inspected the paper inside.
 
“Isn't this the contract of that Ootori Group's latest project?” I asked in confusion.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Why are you giving this to me?”
 
“Because I thought you need it,” he said, his gaze held mine.
 
“But.. I..”
 
“I'm still waiting for my end of bargain.”
 
I gave him a look of disbelief and smacked him with the thick law book. “Pervert!” Well, at least that was what I was trying to do. But instead, he caught the book in his hands and then dropped the book onto the grass.
 
“Hey! Don't drop the book like that. Do you know how much it co-” I never got to finish the sentence as I felt myself pulled into a hug. I swear my hearts did a thousand flip as he tightened his arms around me. As quickly as he did it, he let go of me.
 
My breath hitched. After what it seemed like forever, I finally got my voice back. “What the hell are you doing?”
 
He smirked. “It's call a negotiation, Yukiya. I keep my end of the deal and you keep yours.”
 
“It's not fair,” I mumbled incoherently.
 
“Why don't we discuss the terms in the contract?” he suggested, looking as natural as ever. How did he do it? Pretend like nothing even happened?
 
I tried to calm myself down and sat back onto the bench. He slid onto the seat beside me.
 
 
(Kyouya POV)
 
I read off a couple of lines from the contract and returned my gaze to her. “Do you understand?”
 
“Of course I can. I'm not stupid!” she snapped.
 
I laughed. “Of course not.”
 
I read another line from the contract, and another line and another line until I almost reached to the end of the contract. “Can you understand, Yukiya?” I asked, expecting an answer from her. But instead, I felt a weight on my shoulder.
 
I averted my gaze to the figure beside me, only to find her sleeping. Her hairs fell into her eyes as she breathed quietly in her sleep. My phone suddenly vibrated.
 
“Hello, Ootori Kyouya speaking.”
 
“Ootori-sama, your father asked you to come home now,” I heard my maid's voice.
 
I turned to see Yukiya who was still sleeping. I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay for a little while longer. Smiling into the phone, I said, “Tell him, I still got some other things to do.”
 
 
++--++--++--++--++
 
A/N : I'm so overly sorry for the super late update! I just so busy shopping and having fun after my finals that I totally forgot this fic.. Gomen ne~ Anyway, I did this in a rush so I'm not too happy with this chapter. Hope you guys forgive me and tell me what you want to happen with this story.. Thanks a lot to Sakimi1014 who told me what she thinks will happen in this story who came quite close to my masterplan, but I promise that this story will get far more complicated than that!
 
So, anyway, hope you keep reading and review!