Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Ouran High School Host Club: The Lyrical Beauty ❯ Chapter 4: The Princes are Giving a Ball—Hikaru Loses it. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: The Princes are Giving a Ball—Hikaru Loses it.
“Morning girls,” Natasha said to Haruhi and Hikari when they left Haruhi's house.
“Natasha, this is Fujioka Haruhi,” Hikari introduced. “Haruhi, this is Orihara Natasha.” Haruhi bowed.
“Nice to meet you,” she said.
“Likewise” Natasha opened the door. “You're breakfast is in the car.” Hikari and Haruhi entered vehicle. I was a little bigger than a normal car, but smaller than a limousine. There was a table set with coffee and muffins.
“I hope you don't mind take-out,” Hikari said.
“Not at all,” Haruhi said as she took a bite of a strawberry muffin. Hikari took her coffee and took a sip. The three girls talked about the Cinderella ball coming up that Friday. Haruhi explained to Natasha about her late mother, her father, her issues with the host club, and Tamaki.
“You've got a strong head on your shoulders, Haruhi-chan,” Natasha said, “And Tamaki-kun sounds like a reasonable guy, despite all of the idiocy that he's done in the past.” Haruhi coughed while drinking her coughing.
“R-reasonable?” Haruhi repeated.
“I'm serious,” Natasha said, “He make act funny in front of everyone, but he seems to be himself in front of you.” Haruhi looked out the window.
“Yeah,” she said, “Sempai is like that.”
[After school]
Hikari stood in front of the Host club doors before bothering to open them. I'm going to go in and apologize to Hikaru about yesterday. She and Haruhi decided that for the sake of the club, she should apologize to keep the club at ease. She took a deep breath and was about to open the door, but a couple voices stopped her.
“The Host Club is opening soon,” one of the girls said, “I hope that Tamaki-sempai eats my dessert that I made for him.”
“I'm going to ask Hiroki-kun for another story,” said another.
“You know what?” said the third, “Hikaru-kun pulled me aside and said that he would love it if I could be the first to dance with him.”
“Rika-chan, you love the Hitachiin twins, right?” The first one asked.
“Yeah, I really do.” Hikari opened the door quickly and went inside. Hopefully they didn't see me go in when it was still closed, she thought to herself.
“Hikari-chan,” Tamaki voice entered through her ears, “You're late.”
“Sorry,” she said looking at the floor, “I'll change right away.” She walked right past everyone to the back room. She heard footsteps following her.
“Hikari, what happened?” Haruhi asked as she closed the door behind her.
“I told you, Haruhi,” Hikari turned around and smiled, “Hikaru is not a serious guy. He's not my type.” She went behind the curtains.
“But I told you, that's just Hikaru,” Haruhi insured.
“I beg to differ. This girl named Rika is coming specifically for Hikaru.” She threw her dress over the curtains again. Haruhi grabbed it and folded it.
“That is strange.” Haruhi froze. She's been in this situation too many times the year before with the girls all over Tamaki.
“Hikari…are you jealous?” Hikari froze.
Why would I like a jerk like him, she thought to herself, He's the one that kissed my necklace. I didn't wish for it or wanted it. She straightened her tie. That's right. I did nothing. He did.
“I'm not jealous, Haruhi.” Hikari put her hair up and closed her eyes.
“Let's go,” she said.
{The Host Club is now open}
Hiroki handed out more stories to the girls at his table. Haruhi handed out tea to the girls at the table.
“I'm hoping that I'd get to see you girls at the Cinderella ball tomorrow evening,” he said. His voice wrapped around the girls hearts, making them sigh.
“Hiroki-kun,” one of the asked, “Do you know who'll you'll dance with first?” Hiroki leaned back on his chair and began to think.
“Haruhi,” he said, “how are you handling the girls you'll be dancing with?” Haruhi placed his index finger on the side of his chin.
“I'm just going to wait until one of them comes up. Then I'll ask them to dance,” He answered.
“That sounds reasonable.” Hiroki turned to the girl and held her hand. “I think that's the best way to approach it, but if you're the first to ask, I will be happy to dance with you.” Hiroki felt heat suddenly rising from behind him. He turned around and saw Tamaki standing with a glare full of fire.
“HI-RO-KI!” he enunciated, “WHY ARE YOU COPYING MY CHARMS?!” Hiroki smirked.
“I'm not copying anything,” He rested his arm on the top of his chair. “Maybe it is you who is copying me.” Tamaki grew red with anger.
“MOMMY!” He screamed, “HIROKI IS COPYING ME!” he took out a handkerchief and started to bite it.
“He's not copying you, daddy,” Kyouya said. Hiroki chuckled. The thought of Kyouya-sempai as any sort of parent? Fat chance. “He's doing his job. He's being lyrical.” Tamaki began to “sob”
“Sempai, can you stop pretending to cry?” Haruhi asked, “You're scaring people.” Tamaki held his face in shock.
“Not you too, Haruhi!” Haruhi began to walk away and Tamaki was following him around the room.
Hiroki and his girls watched the show, when his eyes fell on Hikaru and Kaoru. Two girls were sitting there holding each other close, not being able to handle the brotherly love.
“Who're those two girls?” Hiroki asked.
“Oh, those are Rika-san and Rina-san,” one of them said, “They're fraternal twins in class 1-B. Ever guy likes them.” she sighed.
“Every guy?” Hiroki questioned with a smile. The other girl nodded.
“Hikaru even asked Rika-san specifically to be the first to dance with him,” she said. Hiroki tilted his head back.
“Is that so?” he smiled. “I think that you three will be the belle of the ball tomorrow.” The three giggled.
{The Host Club is now closed}
“Hiri-chan!” Honey said, “How do I look?” Hikari took down her hair and looked. Honey looked like he jumped out of the Cinderella fairytale, but instead of white, he wore a fair pink.
“You look a small prince charming,” she said. She (again) thought that she saw little pink flowers floating around Honey's face.
“Really?” he spun around, “What about Takashi?” he asked. Mori-sempai's costume looked exactly like Honey's except that the color was dark blue rather than white.
“He looks more like prince charming gone wild.”
“The whole point of this dress code,” Kyouya said out of nowhere. Hikari jumped from shock and turned to face him. He wore a similar outfit to the other hosts, but a dark purple.
“And you're supposed to be the prince who's as cold as ice?” She guessed. Kyouya smiled.
“Precisely.” Hikari sighed.
“This looks to weird.” Hikari heard Haruhi say. She turned to see Haruhi and Tamaki in their prince uniforms. Tamaki's was white, since he was the prince, and Haruhi's color was a dark red.
“Haruhi,” Hikari said, “if you added sharp fangs, you could be mistaken for Dracula.” Haruhi dropped her head.
“Perfect,” she said in a displeased tone.
“Don't worry, Haruhi.” Tamaki placed his arm around her shoulder. “You'll change into a princess by the time the bell strikes midnight.”
“No thank you,” Haruhi said.
“Lord, why do we have to wear these goofy things?” Hikaru asked. Hikari saw the Hitachiin twins in the prince dress code. Hikaru was a royal blue and Kaoru was a light green.
“Don't be grumpy, Hikaru,” Kaoru said looking in the mirror. “I think that this will bring in more of the girls. That's what Renge-kun said anyway.”
“Why don't you try on your costume, Hiri-chan?” Honey asked.
“Alright,” Hikari answered. She went into the back room and started to change. Once she was done, she almost laughed at herself.
“You're kidding, right?” she said as she entered the room. She wore the prince code with the color of dark green. Her hair was tied back with a similar color ribbon.
“You look so cute!” Honey said, squeezing his bunny.
“HIKARI!” Tamaki screamed as he hugged her, “You look like a little doll.” Hikari pushed him off.
“How can I look like a little doll?” she asked. “I'm a guy, guys don't look like dolls.”
“You're not a guy,” said a bitter voice. Hikari didn't need to turn around to see who spoke.
“When I look like this, I am.”
“Biologically, your not.”
“Well I'm not sleeping with anyone,” Hikari commented, “So it doesn't matter.”
“It does matter.”
“Have you slept with any of your girls, Hikaru?” The host club fell silent. Hikaru froze and stared at her. His golden eyes turning into fire, gritting his teeth.
“Hikaru…” Kaoru said in a low voice. Hikaru's eyes grew thin and he ran over to Hikari, pinning her to the wall. Everyone gasped in shock, including Hikari.
“You think you know everything about being a guy?” he yelled, “Well lets see you fight!” He dug his finger nails into her wrists, causing them to bleed and placed himself on top of her, giving no space to move. She felt her blood beginning to run down her arm.
“Why aren't you fighting back?” Hikaru hissesd. Suddenly, Mori-sempai grabbed both of Hikaru's hands and pulled him back. Hikari's eyes widen and she took deep breaths.
“LET ME GO!” Hikaru screamed. Mori-sempai let him dropped him to the floor. “Too scared to fight? Some man you are.” Hikari, without hesitation punched Hikaru in the stomach once he got up. He began to cough and curled himself into a little ball. Kaoru came by to help him. Hikari grabbed her things and headed towards the door.
“You know what Hikaru?” she said, “I was gonna apologize for overreacting yesterday, but the ball is in your court now.” She turned to face him. “You brought this on yourself the second time round.” She looked at Haruhi.
“I'm changing in the car. I'll call you when I'm done.” And left.