Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Ouran High School Host Club: The Lyrical Beauty ❯ Chapter 5: The Princes are Giving a Ball—The Slipper and the Cherry Blossoms. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: The Princes are Giving a Ball—The Slipper and the Cherry Blossoms.
Hikari saw Haruhi and Kyouya coming towards her car. She had her costume at hand and passed it to Kyouya.
“I'm sorry for causing such a commotion,” she said to him, “but Hikaru had not right to resort to violence.” She sounded more professional than she normally did.
“It's alright really. The whole club got on him for overreacting, but you've got to be careful with what you say.” Hikari was taken back. Kyouya-sempai is giving me advice?
“Hikaru's been acting strange since he heard about the dance. When he begins to act strange, he becomes lethal.” He adjusted his glasses. Hikari saw him staring at her car. She turned and saw Natasha looking in the rear-view mirror putting on make-up. Kyouya didn't move.
“Kyouya-sempai,” Haruhi said. Kyouya snapped out of it.
“Sorry. See you tomorrow,” he said as he walked away.
“What was that about?” Hikari asked. Haruhi looked in the direction Kyouya was looking in.
“I'm not sure,” she said. The two shrugged and went into the car.
They did they're homework and had dinner. Haruhi wrapped up Hikari's wrists telling her the times that Tamaki had hurt himself because of his clumsiness. Once she was done, the two were lying in their beds in the dark. Hikari tried to sleep, but every time she closed her eyes, she saw Hikaru's eyes glaring at her with so much hatred. Why would he do that?
“I've never seen Hikaru like that ever,” Haruhi said aloud. Hikari was relieved to hear her voice.
“Yeah, me too.” She felt her heart beating at a fast pace, making her take shallow breaths. Haruhi heard her panting.
“Are you okay, Hikari?” Hikari nodded, but continued to take shallow breaths. She clamped onto her blankets for dear life.
“I honestly thought that he was going to do something worse,” she said out loud, placing her hands on the bandages around her wrists. Haruhi came out of her bed and crawled into Hikari's.
“The last time he overreacted was last summer,” she said. “Kaoru told me that it was because he didn't know how to express his feelings…maybe it's the same for you.” Hikari shook her head.
“Hikaru proved to me that I mean nothing to him.” And with that, the two fell asleep.
[After school]
Hikari and Haruhi arrived at the host club together. When the opened the door, the other hosts were in their uniforms ready to go. The two girls quickly changed and came outside.
“Listen, my pupils,” Tamaki said, “This night is a very important night.” He held his face as rose petals flew around him.
“These girls will be coming to have the most rememberable night of their lives. I expect everyone to be on their best behavior.” He shot a glance at Hikaru, who crossed his arms and pouted.
“We don't want to give these princesses the impression that we're violent people,” he said, specifically saying it to Hikari who stared at the floor.
“Alright.” He clapped his hands, “Let's head to the ball room.” They all exited and headed towards the grand ball room. Hikari gasped at the sight. She saw a huge, marble dance floor that was about twice the size of her own bedroom. There were pillars on the side to hold up the ceiling, which was so high that Hikari thought that it was the sky. There were chandeliers that were hanging that shot rainbow specs all around the room like a disco ball.
“Are those made out of glass or crystal?” she asked.
“Crystal, of course,” Kyouya answered her. Hikari turned to him. “They're more expensive than glass. Plus the girls love it more.” Hikari placed her head on the banister.
“But isn't it beautiful?” Tamaki asked. Hikari nodded.
“It's beautiful,” she said. Tamaki held his face.
“You're so cute.” He placed his hand on his forehead and smiled.
“I've got it.” He placed his arm around Haruhi “You'll be me and Haruhi's daughter.” The host just stared at him.
“Since when do fathers marry their daughters?” Hikaru asked.
“That's right,” Kaoru said, “Does that mean that Haruhi is the mother? What about Kyouya-sempai?” Tamaki began to think. Haruhi walked away towards Hikari.
“You see what I mean?” she asked. Hikari laughed.
“I guess Kyouya-sempai is Tamaki-sempai's brother if you're the mother.” Hikari said. Tamaki began to swing her around.
“What an excellent idea!” Tamaki screamed spinning her around.
“STOP SWINGING ME AROUND!” Hikari yelled.
“Sempai,” Haruhi said in a stern voice. Tamaki froze. “Put Hikari down.” He lowered her to the floor. “Good. Now let's make sure everything is ready.” She grabbed Hikari and the two walked down the stairs to the dance floor.
“Thanks for the save,” Hikari said.
“It's no problem. I know how you feel, and it didn't look like you were having a good time with it.” Hikari nodded and began to walk on the marble floor.
“This place is so beautiful.” She spread her arms out and spun around with her eyes closed. She pictured her mother and father dancing together, waltzing to the music. Her mother was wearing a pink corset with a lighter pink Victorian dress with white frills at the end of the sleeves, which ended at her elbows. Her father was wearing her prince costume gliding her mother across the floor.
“Hiri-chan!” Honey grabbed onto her hands and spun with her. She snapped out of her world and spun with Honey. They both heard clapping and looked at Kyouya.
“Stop spinning around and help set up,” he said to the three adjusting his glasses. Honey, Haruhi, and Hikari ran up the stairs and began to help.
Everything was set when eight o'clock struck. All of the girls began to enter the ball room, wearing their Victorian dresses and gasped at the setting before them. Half of them went to a glass case hat held a glass slipper.
“Only one girl can fit into it?” one of the asked.
“I hope that it's me,” another prayed.
“I want to dance with my prince.” They all squealed with delight. The lights turned off and all of the girls gathered around the stairs. Eight princes entered the room in the darkness. Once the lights turned back on, they bowed. The girls clapped with excitement for the evening. Hikari rose and looked out at the girls. It was like a stage. Mom, dad, she said to them, Watch me dance tonight.
“Welcome to the third annual dance,” Kyouya announced. The girls clapped once more.
“We're proud to have a new member to our club,” he said placing his hand in Hikari's direction. She bowed and smiled her Hiroki smile. The girls screamed and some even fainted.
“The rules are simple to this ball,” Kyouya continued, “Every princess in this room will dance with the host of their choosing and will try on the glass slipper in the other room. The princess that fits into the slipper will dance with one of the eight princes until the stroke of midnight. Once the cock tower strikes, he will kiss her cheek.” Hikari thought that she might have needed ear plugs. Every girl screamed so loudly that she felt the ground shake under her feet.
“So then, my dear princesses,” Tamaki said, “Let the night begin.” And with that, the orchestra began to play a beautiful waltz. The eight princes walked down the stairs and picked a girl to dance. Hikari noticed Hikaru and Kaoru going to the twins she saw yesterday.
“Jealous?” Haruhi asked. Hikari turned a little pink.
“N-no way, Haruhi,” she whispered. “Besides, my parents are watching me from heaven, so I'm gonna dance my best tonight.” Haruhi smiled.
“Do your best.” And with that, a girl came up to Hikari. She was so red and nervous as she approached her.
“Hi-Hi-Hiroki-kun…” she stuttered. Hikari changed her voice.
“Would you give me the honor of dancing the first dance with me?” The girl smiled and nodded. Hikari brought her to the dance floor and glided her around as if she weighed nothing at all. All of the girls watched the eight princes dance with each princess. Hikari took a break to grab some food and water in between. She noticed that Haruhi had a huge plate of food.
“Haruhi,” Hikari asked in Hiroki's voice, “How much food do you plan on eating?”
“I'm not eating a lot,” Haruhi protested, “I'm trying one of everything.” Hikari looked at the food table.
“That's a lot of everything, if I do say so.” Haruhi ignored her and continued to look. Hikari dance with many girls and ate a lot of food. When she looked at the clock tower, she saw that it was quarter to eleven.
“No one's foot fits into the glass slipper yet?” Hikari asked.
“Of course not,” Kyouya said from behind.
“Okay, you have GOT to stop doing that.” She said. He adjusted his glasses.
“The slipper s fit for one specific person, so it won't fit anyone else.”
“Wait a second,” Hikari said, “You're telling me that you all know who the Cinderella is?” Kyouya smirked. “Who?” Kyouya snapped his fingers and Hikari was swept off her feet. She was dragged into a separate room and was pushed behind yellow curtains. Hikari stood up and tried to calm down her beating heart.
“They got you, too?” Haruhi asked. Hikari looked up. She looked as she did.
“Yeah,” Hikari replied in her normal voice. Haruhi drooped her head.
“I feared that they might do this again,” she said. “Last year, they needed me to dress up as a girl to get this old couple back together, but what's the excuse this year?”
“That's a secret that we're not telling,” Kyouya said through the curtains. “Alright ladies, they're all yours.” Hikari heard footsteps leaving the room and coming towards the curtains. She noticed that Haruhi had a terrified look on her face as she backed up against the mirror.
“What's wrong, Haruhi?” she asked. Haruhi pointed at the entrance of the curtains.
“Those crazy maids are here,” she shrieked.
“Crazy maids?” Hikari repeated. Suddenly Hikari saw two girls peering through the curtains. From what she could see, they were wearing maid outfits.
“Fujioka-san,” said one of them in a sweet voice.
“Hoshiyama-san,” said the other, but the look in her eyes changed. “Shall we?” Hikari now understood why Haruhi was frightened of them. She crawled up against the mirror with Haruhi praying that they wouldn't do anything to her. The maids entered and went towards Hikari first.
“Why me?” she cried.
“Because someone requested that you got done first,” answered one of the maids. They took of everything and began to dress her. She felt something being placed around her stomach and tightened at a quick pace.
“Ow!” she screamed, drawing a quick breath, but the maids paid no attention. They placed something over her head which was big and itchy to her. She had to search her way out, but (she doesn't know how) each maid grabbed her wrists and pulled them through opening, making her head go through another automatically.
“Okay, you two have to stop doing-” but she couldn't finish, one of them was doing her hair while the other did her make-up. Hikari found it hard to breathe with powder flying everywhere and something tightly wrapped around her body. The maids suddenly stood in front of a mirror.
“Hoshiyama-san,” they said together, “Behold.” And they stepped aside. Hikari couldn't believe what she saw. She was wearing a powder blue ball gown. There was a slit in the front that was covered by a white, soft texture against her legs. There were blue frills at the end of her dress and sleeves. So then the thing choking me… she placed her hand on her stomach and felt something hard. A corset, she thought.
“What do you think?” the maids asked together.
“It's beautiful,” Hikari said. She couldn't resist. She spun around and saw her face in the mirror. Her face wasn't covered in heavy make-up, which made her exhale in relief, and her hair was curled a little with a tiara on top of her head.
“Hikari,” Haruhi said, “You look like a princess,” Hikari turned to her.
“Where have you been?” she asked.
“I tried to escape, but they locked the door.” Haruhi held her hands. “You look just like your mom, Hikari.” Hikari didn't know what to say.
“I did some research on your family and saw pictures of them,” She smiled, “You parents would be very proud tonight.” Hikari came up and hugged Haruhi.
“Hoshiyama-san,” One of the maids said, “You can't go without your gloves and shoes.” They each put a powder blue, silk, elbow-length gloves on her hands, covering the bandages that wrapped around her wrists. The shoes that lay in front of her were blue glittery sandals that would strap around her ankle.
“Thank god they're only a little high-heeled,” Hikari said as the maids put them on her.
“Now,” they said together, “Off you go!” and they pushed her out the door. Hikari tried to go back in, but it was too late. Poor Haruhi, she thought. She turned around and began to walk through Ouran's halls.
“I've never noticed before,” She said out loud, “that Ouran is such a big school.” She began to wander around for what seemed like ages to her.
“I think I'm lost,” she finally said. “When I was dragged to the changing I didn't see where I was.” A sudden smell filled her nose. She looked up to see if anyone was there. There wasn't. She followed the scent to a room that appeared to be a small library. She saw a balcony and the doors open, releasing in petals of cherry blossoms into the room.
“That's what I smell,” she said. She ran over to the balcony and saw millions of trees in full bloom. The moonlight fell upon her as if she were Cinderella herself.
Mommy, Daddy, I really wish that you were here tonight, she thought in her mind. She closed her eyes and let the wind play with her hair. She was about to descend down the balcony stair when a voice stopped her.
“Where do you think you're going?” it asked. Hikari's heart began to pound against the corset. She gripped onto the banister.
“I'm going into the gardens,” she said holding her head up high. She heard him chuckle. She turned around and saw Hikaru leaning against the glass doors with his arms crossed. He was still in his prince outfit.
“What does it matter to you?” she asked. Hikaru looked at her. She saw his eyes scan her like she was some item he was going to buy.
“Can you stop staring at me like that?” She yelled. Hikaru looked at her and smiled.
“You look cute,” he said. Hikari tried to hide her blush and held onto her wrists.
“You can't smooth talk your way out of this one,” she said looking over the balcony. He walked towards her and then around her. “Can you just STOP!” she screamed.
“In a sec,” he said, “I just wanted to make sure that this dress fits you well.” Hikari couldn't think of what to say except, “What?”
“My mother is a fashion designer and she can make just about any piece of clothing you can imagine.” He ran his finger down her bare back until it reached the dress. “She made all of the dresses for the ball tonight and I wanted to make sure that you're female traits fit the dress.” Hikari felt her face turn completely red and she stepped away form him.
“Th-the dress is fine,” she said a little too quickly. “I'm heading back now.” She headed towards the door.
Giselle,” Hikari stopped in her tracks. “You cannot leave the ball so soon.” Hikari held her necklace. “I won't let you walk out on me again.” Hikari turned around and saw Hikaru looking right at her.
“Those are lines from my father's play,” she whispered. Hikaru walked towards her and extended his left hand.
I will only let you leave after you dance with me.” Hikari didn't know what to do. She was so angry with the way he acted towards her in the past few days, but the lines of her father's play made her think twice. She lifted her right hands and hesitated to put it in his.
“Please, Hikari,” he said, “Let me have one dance with you.” She finally gave in. She placed her hand in his. He guided her down the steps and into the garden. Hikari couldn't help to hear her heart beating in her ears. Once her faced her, she saw in his eyes…herself.
Hikaru placed his hand around her waist and began to dance with her. He danced simple steps that Hikari could easily follow. She noticed that so far he never took his eyes off her. He spun her around and brought her back to him.
“What do you think?” he asked. Hikari took a deep breath.
“Well, there's really nothing special about you're dancing steps,” she answered. Hikaru smirked.
“Then hold on tight.” He whispered. Suddenly Hikari and Hikaru began to spin frantically around the trees. Cherry blossoms fluttered around her as he guided her through the garden. She thought that her feet weren't even touching the ground as she was carried. He spun her and swung her as if she weighed no lighter than air itself and felt her heart fly with joy and he spun her to her own world. Hikari looked into his eyes and noticed that the moonlight was shining on them. His is so…magical, she thought to herself. I never want this to end. They continued to dance for what seemed to her another lifetime.
Hikaru placed her extended hand onto his shoulder as he lifted her into the air and spun her. Once her feet touched the ground she didn't realize how close they were to each other. They were both panting from all the dancing and she could feel his breath on her. The two just stood there. Hikari was trying to figure out what Hikaru was going to do next by looking in his golden eyes, but she didn't have to wait long.
His arms slid together across her back, pulling her in closer to his body. She let her hands slide down his back until they could feel the heat coming off one another. He brought his head towards her and slowly placed his lips onto hers. His lips were hot as his tongue found hers and gently glided across it, making her skin crawl with delight. She closed her eyes and, naturally, responded to his playfulness and followed. His lips formed over hers and his arms tightened, bringer her closer. She felt his lips leaving, but brought hers to his, not wanting him to leave. She could tell by the way he was kissing her that he was pleased with her action. He responded in a playful manor.
Finally, she pulled her lips away from his, slowly opening her eyes. He was smiling his triumphant smile and placed his forehead on hers.
“You're right,” he finally said in a low voice. Hikari gave him a confusing look. He chuckled.
“When you first dressed up like a guy and recited something. You sounded like you've been kissed before.” Hikari didn't respond. “Have you?” he asked. Hikari shook her head.
“Good.” He kissed her lips again and brought his mouth to her ear. “This was my first too.” She felt a chill run down her spin. She let go of him and gently pushed him back.
“So was this all a ploy to take away my first kiss?” she asked. He shook his head.
“I wanted to see if what you said as true.” Hikari shot Hikaru a death glare. “I'm kidding.” He said. “But what you said was true, so it proves you're an amazing writer.” Hikari couldn't help but smile. Hikaru was pleased to see that. He walked around her hugged her from behind.
“I also wanted you to dance with me,” he said.
“What do you mean?” Hikari asked.
“When I wanted you to prove that you could dance, I wanted you to dance with me, not Haruhi.” He answered.
“Why?” Hikari asked in total shock. “You injured me the next day and asked someone else to dance with you.” Hikaru placed his chin on her shoulder.
“I didn't mean to hurt you. That was stupid of me and wrong. The club punished me good, even Kaoru.” He wrapped his hands gently around Hikari's wrists. “As for the other girl…I wanted to make you jealous.”
“But that doesn't answer why you wanted to dance with me,” Hikari insisted.
“I wanted to see if you liked me.” Hikari fell silent. “I didn't know why I was feeling so strongly towards you, especially after I kissed your neck.”
“I thought you kissed my necklace,” Hikari interrupted.
“I wanted you to think that,” Hikari replied. Hikari felt her body temperature rising.
“So I wanted to see if you liked me too by dancing with me. I guess it worked.” Hikari didn't know what to think. She had her own feelings to sort out herself. Hikaru whisked in front of her.
“Shall we go back to the ball?” he asked extending his hand. “I'll personally escort you.” Hikari gave him her hand again and the two went to the ballroom.
Hikari and Hikaru weren't seen when they entered, but Hikari noticed the time on the clock tower.
“11:55,” she said. She then remembered what Kyouya said. “Hikaru, who's Cinderella?” Before Hikaru could answer, the lights darkened. All the girls began to squeal as Tamaki stood under a spot light. He was about to speak when he saw something. The light turned on and a beautiful girl stood in front of him. She wore a dress similar to Hikari's but it was all silver. Her long hair was straight down, but she wore a flower reef on her head.
“Who is she?” many of the girls whispered to one another. Hikari immediately figured it out.
“Is that -?”
“Yes it is,” Hikaru answered. Hikari saw Tamaki's eyes absorb all of her beauty and ran into the other room, grabbed he glass slipper, and kneeled on one knee. The princess raised her foot and easily slid it into the shoe.
“She's Cinderella!” The girls gasped together. Tamaki bowed to her and extended a hand. She gladly took it and the two danced together until the clock struck midnight. Hikari grabbed Hikaru's hand and squeezed it tightly. Is he going to kiss her on the lips? She asked herself.
“Don't worry,” Hikaru said, placing an arm around her, “Tono wouldn't do that.” Tamaki placed his hand on Cinderella's face, and kissed her check. The crowd screamed with joy and jealousy and he held Cinderella close.
[After the ball]
Hikari had on her regular clothes and waited for Haruhi to change. She took out her phone when someone snatched it out of her hands.
“Hikaru!” She screamed.
“I'm putting my cell number in here,” he said passing her phone back to her. “I'll give you a call or text later.” He came over and kissed her forehead. “Bye.” He said and left. Hikari placed her hand on her forehead and blushed.
I think that I'm putting myself in more danger than I already am.