Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Ouran High School Host Club: The Lyrical Beauty ❯ Chapter 6: A Bunny Love ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: A Bunny Love.
“Hello?” Hikari called out into the empty third music room. She looked at the clock tower outside the window.
“Fifteen after three,” she mumbled aloud. “Isn't that considered late?” With no sound still, she closed the door and dropped onto the couch.
“Where is everyone?” Hikari asked aloud. She dropped her head on the soft cushion, “Like hell anyone's gonna answer.” As if on cue, Hikari's phone rang. She looked at the name: Haruhi.
“Hey,” Hikari answered, “Where are you?”
“Going instant coffee shopping,” she replied.
“If you had told me, I could have come with you.” Hikari heard Haruhi laugh on the other end.
“It's okay, really. Hikaru said that he wanted to meet you at the club.”
“No one is here.”
“What?” Haruhi sounded shocked, “What do you mean that no one's there?”
“I mean that there is no one in this room but me, myself, and I,” Hikari corrected. She heard Haruhi sigh on the other end.
“I'll be quick,” Haruhi promised and then hung up. Hikari took out her notebook and began to write. She noticed a page that Haruhi wrote about the Cinderella ball. Hikari laughed.
[Two weeks earlier after the ball]
“I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I WAS CINDERELLA!” Haruhi screamed. Hikari stuffed a pillow in her mouth to keep her calm.
“Well can you blame them?” she asked, “You're dating the prince host, so it's a perfect role for you.” Haruhi glared at her.
“You're lucky because you're host isn't really anything. He's a devil.” Hikari turned completely red and threw endless amounts of pillows at Haruhi.
“That's not the point,” Hikari protested, “I'm not marrying mine.”
“Nor am I.”
“Not yet, anyways.” Haruhi couldn't counteract it. The two calmed down and were silent for a while.
“Did you enjoy any part of being the `belle of the ball'?” Hikari asked. Haruhi placed a proud look on her face.
“Not really,” she answered. “The fact that the shoe was actually made of glass and cut my feet created half of the bad experience.”
“What was the other half?”
“Those crazy maids.” Hikari laughed and handed Haruhi her notebook.
“Can you write down tonight's ball form your point of view?” she asked. Haruhi took the pencil and paper.
“It's not gonna be anywhere as good as your writing,” she said.
“That doesn't matter. I want to know. I know the ball from my point of view-”
“And you weren't there for the end half because you got kissed,” Haruhi finished.
“That's not what I was going to say,” Hikari complained, throwing another pillow at Haruhi. “I was going to say that it was…nice.” Haruhi sighed and began to write.
[End of flashback]
“WHERE IS EVERYONE!” Hikari screamed again. She was about to head towards the door when she tripped on something and fell on her back.
“Ouch,” Hikari yelped. She picked up what she tripped on.
“A banana peal?” She asked aloud. She heard laughter behind her.
“I'm sorry, Hikari, I know I shouldn't be laughing.” Hikari stood up and threw the banana peal aside.
“How nice of you, Kaoru, to laugh at me after I fell.” Kaoru wiped the tears of laughter away from his eyes.
“That's usually something Tono or Haruhi do,” he said.
“I'm not surprised,” Hikari agreed. “When did you get here?”
“Just before you fell,” he answered. Hikari walked towards the couch again.
“Thanks to you and your brother, Haruhi went on a coffee hunt without me,” she said with a pout. Kaoru joined her on the couch.
“Well, I actually wanted to talk to you alone,” he said. Hikari was taken back.
“But Haruhi said that Hikaru was the one that wanted to see me.” Kaoru placed his arm on the top of the couch and shook his head.
“Hikaru did say that, but I convinced him to come later.” Hikari gulped. I don't think that this will be very comfortable, she thought in her head.
“Where's everyone else?” She asked trying to change the topic.
“Honey-sempai and Mori-sempai are gonna be a little late since they're coming from Tokyo U. Kyouya-sempai and Tono are gathering information about our next cosplay.” Hikari looked out the window.
“I can't believe that Mori-sempai and Honey-sempai still come here,” she said. Kaoru agreed.
“Hikari,” he said in a more serious tone, “Can I talk to you about Hikaru?”
I knew it, Hikari said in her head, Kaoru is probably gonna be mad that I'm…sorta with Hikaru. She took deep breath. “Sure.”
“Hikaru and I can be very similar sometimes, but other times, we're different. Like when we're with the host club, we're different, but when we're out in the open, we're the same.” He turned to look at her. “Hikaru doesn't know how to express himself. He doesn't know how to tell a girl how he truly feels about her. The same thing happened last year…with Haruhi.” Hikari froze.
“Hikaru…liked Haruhi?” she asked.
“He did, but it's different with you,” he assured, “Don't worry, he only sees Haruhi as another person now. Unfortunately, you're his new toy.” Hikari let out a breath of relief.
“But I'm warning you also,” Kaoru continued, “If you did anything to hurt Hikaru…”
“I know,” Hikari said, “Natasha would do the same to Hikaru if he hurt me.”
“Which I bet she almost did,” he said, “How're your wrists?” Hikari raised her yellow sleeves. It was still wrapped in a white bandage.
“It's almost healed, but it still hurts.” Kaoru smiled in relief when there was a crash outside. The two ran towards the front doors, but something came flying through them. Hikari and Kaoru stepped back. She saw a high school kid with greasy brown hair and dull brown eyes trying to stand.
“You're a scum on the earth,” said a small voice. Hikari looked behind her and saw Honey standing in the doorway with his hands in his pockets. She saw a different look in his eyes…It was more manly than cute.
“How dare you try to take that little girl's bunny!” He screamed in his cute voice. Hikari felt an awkward silence between the two boys. The high scholar made a “tisking” noise and ran out of the room. Honey went back outside and kneeled in front of a little girl. She had her brown hair tied up and she held onto a stuffed animal that looked like a yellow bunny rabbit. Tears were streaming down her face, but Mori-sempai wiped them.
“Thank you so much, Honey-sempai,” she said, her voice choking up.
“It's okay,” he said with a smile. “I wouldn't want Usa-chan to get hurt either.” Hikari leaned into Kaoru and whispered, “Is it just me, or are the little pink flowers around Honey-sempai?”
“It's the atmosphere around him,” Kaoru answered, “Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. It just depends on Honey-sempai's mood.” The little girl thanked Honey again and trotted off down the hallway.
“Who was that?” Hikari asked him. He spun around and smiled.
“She's Hana-chan,” he said. He suddenly yawned and climbed up onto Mori-sempai.
“Takashi,” he said in a sleepy voice, “I'm sleepy…” Mori-sempai carried Honey to a couch that had a bunny pillow, blanket, and a canopy that had bunny prints on it.
“Brush your teeth, Mitsukuni,” Mori-sempai reminded him. Honey nodded and trotted to the back room.
“Where did that bed come from?” Hikari asked.
“It's a pointless question to ask.” Hikari saw Haruhi entering the door.
“Haruhi, do you need help?” Hikari asked. Haruhi struggled with her two bags of instant coffee.
“N-no thanks,” she managed to say, “I'll just-” but Haruhi then slipped and fell on her back while Hikari and Kaoru caught the two bags of coffee.
“Are you alright, Haruhi?” Hikari asked. Haruhi rubbed her head.
“Who leaves a banana peal lying on the floor?” she asked. Hikari felt her body freezing again.
“Oops,” she whispered. Kaoru smiled and Hikari, as if reading her mind. A hand dug into her bag of coffee and took out a jar.
“Woah, a new brand.”
“Hikaru, put that back,” Hikari said, snatching it back into the bag. Haruhi grabbed Kaoru's bag and looked at Honey.
“We'd better be quiet,” she said in a cautious voice. “Honey-semapi is really scary when he wakes up.”
“That's right,” Hikaru whispered in Hikari's ear, “He's also known to have the eyes of a beast.” Hikari didn't seem scared.
“So?” she asked.
“Honey-sempai also has the blood type AB,” Kaoru whispered in her other ear. She shrugged.
“So?”
“That's the same blood type as Kyouya-sempai.” Haruhi finished. Hikari began to understand the fear in everyone's voice.
“But he's nothing like Kyouya-sempai,” She protested.
“That's true, but if you wake them up, you'll have the unfortunate privilege to be stared at by the devil and beast,” said Tamaki.
“When did you get here?” Hikari asked, but he ignored her question. He was too busy building a fort to protect himself from the “evil Honey-sempai”. Hikari and Haruhi went into the snack storage room to prepare the coffee. Hikari looked around and saw a variety of different sweets and cakes.
“Oh…my…god…” she said in total shock, “Who eats all of these?”
“Honey-sempai,” Haruhi answered. Hikari was even more shocked.
“That little kid eats all of this?” She asked. Haruhi nodded.
“Last year, he had a cavity and Sempai forbade any sweet until the cavity was filled.”
“I guess Honey-sempai didn't like that idea,” Hikari guessed.
“That's right. Mori-sempai blamed himself because he forgot to remind Honey-sempai to brush his teeth.”
“Poor Mori-sempai,” Hikari said. Haruhi contained a laugh.
“Kyouya-sempai loved it when Honey-sempai wasn't allowed to eat sweets.”
“Why was he happy?” Hikari asked again in total shock.
“Because Kyouya-sempai didn't have to spend the club's money on sweets.” Hikari could now understand why people might be scared of Honey if he woke up: He'd be like Kyouya since they were the same blood type.
Once the coffee was ready, the host members just relaxed. Hikari kept on thinking about who that little girl was. She wasn't wearing any type of uniform, she thought, she was dressed in normal clothes.
“I wonder who that little girl was?” Kaoru said out loud.
“Huh? What little girl?” Hikaru asked after finishing another cup of coffee.
“Honey beat up this bully who was picking on a little girl earlier.”
“Honey-sempai did that?” Hikari asked.
“You didn't know?” Hikaru questioned, “Honey-sempai is from an elite karate family.” Hikari placed her head in her hand.
“There's so much in this club that I don't know,” she mumbled, “It hurts to know there's more to you guys that meets the eye.”
“Don't worry,” Haruhi said, “I was there once.” Hikari sighed. She looked over to Honey-sempai who turned over in his sleep.
“…Hana…chan…” Hikari, Haruhi, the twins, and the rest of the club all looked at Honey.
“That's the girl's name,” Hikari whispered. Kyouya-sempai adjusted his glasses and continued to type on his laptop. Honey suddenly opened hi eyes and sat up. He picked up his bunny and held it tight.
“Hana-chan,” He whispered again. Tamaki held his face.
“Honey-sempai is out to murder a sweet, innocent little girl!” he screamed.
“Sempai, I'm afraid to ask what made you come up with that conclusion,” Haruhi asked. Tamaki ran around the room yelling out different types of theories that were created in his mind.
“Mitsukuni,” Mori-sempai said. Honey shook his head.
“I'm fine, Takashi,” he said with a smile. He held onto his bunny tighter. “Let's have some cake.” He jumped out of bed and went into the storage room of sweets. Hikari looked at Mori-sempai and noticed that he was concerned about his little friend.
When Tamaki dismissed the club, Hikari and Haruhi left and began to head towards Natasha's car. While they were discussing about Honey and Mori-sempai's relationship, Hikari stopped and pulled Haruhi behind a pillar.
“What's the matter?” Haruhi asked. Hikari pointed to a tall gentleman that stood a good distance from the car.
“Kyouya-sempai?” Haruhi guessed. Hikari nodded.
“It's odd,” she said, “I've been seeing him here like this for a while now.”
“When did this start?” Haruhi asked.
“Monday,” Hikari answered. “I'm afraid to tell Natasha that some high school student is checking her out.” Haruhi agreed. The stood there until Kyouya finally left. Haruhi timed it.
“From the time we got here…I'd say,” she pondered, “Fifteen minutes.” Hikari made a face.
“Kyouya-sempai is staking my only family. For that, he must die!” Haruhi placed a hand on her shoulder.
“We're not sure what he's doing,” Haruhi said, “In his defense, he could have been waiting for something that took fifteen minutes.”
“I'm not putting Kyouya-sempai on trial, but I have the right to worry.” The two walked towards the car and said their good-byes.
“Say, Natasha,” Hikari said as she entered the car, “I don't want you to freak out, but there was a kid that was staring at you for fifteen minutes. Or at least, I think he was.”
“Really?” Natasha said in an intreaging voice, “Did you know him?”
“Yeah, it was Kyouya-sempai. He's in the host club.” Natasha's face dimed and she covered her face.
“Natasha?” she asked. Natasha swirled around and grinned at Hikari.
“When's Hikaru coming home with you?” she asked, “I'm dying to meet him.” Hikari blushed.
“I'm not bringing him to that house EVER,” Hikari emphasized. Natasha laughed and began to drive Hikari back to her house.
“I'm telling you, Haruhi, every time I bring up Kyouya-sempai, she shuts down.” Hikari plopped down on her bed. “I have no idea why.”
“Maybe there was something in her past that involved Kyouya-sempai,” Haruhi suggested.
“We didn't know that Kyouya-sempai existed until I came to Ouran,” Hikari said. She held the bridge of her nose. “I really hate seeing her like this,” she said. “It's really depressing.”
“It'll be okay,” Haruhi ensured. They talked a little longer before they hung up. Hikari was writing in her notebook when there was a knocking on her bedroom door. She hid all of her writing books in her closet and straightened her desk.
“Come in,” she said politely. Kira entered her room. She was wearing a black dress the slit across her leg. Her hair was curled and her face was covered in make-up. She opened her purse and took out her palm pilot. Hikari wanted her out of her room, but held her tongue.
“I got a call from your school,” she said, “They're pleased with your performance there.” Hikari nodded. “They say that you haven't joined any clubs. Why is that?” Hikari felt a heat wave roll over her body.
“I didn't think any of the clubs were interesting enough to suit my needs,” she said. She held her hands behind her to keep her back straight.
“Well not everyone's a little princess, now are they?” Kira asked in a cold tone. Hikari didn't react. “What have you been doing then after school? You haven't been home.”
“I've been studying in the library,” Hikari said, “It's quieter there after school.” Kira put her palm pilot back in her purse and flicked her hair.
“Do us all a favor and join a respectable club,” she said, “It was an embarrassment for your father to know that his daughter isn't doing anything active in her school.”
“I'll get right on that,” Hikari said as coldly as Kira did.
“Good.” She said and closed her doors. Hikari quietly opened them and ran towards the front house window. She saw Kira and Yuuji getting into a limo and leaving.
“They'll be home late, tonight,” said a maid behind her. Hikari nodded and went back into her room. As soon as she closed the doors, she began to scream.
“FATHER!? SHE THINKS HE'S MY FATHER?! AND DOES SHE THINK THAT SHE'S MY MOTHER?!” Hikari screamed in her room. “And what does she think she is telling me to join some respectable club. OPEN YOUR EYES KIRA, THERE ISN'T ONE!” she panted from all of the screaming. “There isn't a club in that school that school that's `respectable'. Even our school government is not right.” Hikari fell onto her bed and screamed more into her pillow, kicking her legs up and down.
Eventually, Hikari felt her legs and lungs becoming tired from all of the kicking and screaming she had done.
“I'm gonna shower,” she said out loud. She was heading towards the bathroom when she heard a noise outside. Was that just my imagination? She thought to herself. She walked towards the window and saw Hikaru leaning against her balcony railing. Hikari opened her balcony door, letting in the night air and Hikaru.
“What are you doing here?” She asked looking over her balcony. “And how did you get up here?” Hikaru entered her room and laid down in her bed and stretched.
“I came up through the tree. It's a pretty easy climb.” Hikari looked to her left and saw a thick branch reaching towards her cement railing.
“You came in on that?” She asked. Hikaru laughed.
“It's not as hard as you think.” He jumped off her bed. “You just have to not be afraid of heights.” He climbed on the railing and stood up.
“You have to crawl your way to the trunk of the tree,” he said demonstrating.
“Hikaru get over here, I don't want you to fall.” Hikaru made it to the trunk, placed his back on it, and smirked.
“You're worried about me falling?” he asked.
“I don't want to explain to the happy people here that there's a dead body under my balcony. That's why/” Hikaru crawled back and hugged her from behind.
“You know that you don't want me to get hurt,” he said. Hikari didn't respond, but didn't deny it either.
“Why are you here, anyway?” she asked again. Hikaru walked into her room with his hands in his pockets.
“I had a feeling that you might want some company tonight,” he said. Hikari bit the side of her lip.
“What made you think I would?”she asked.
“Honestly?” Hikari nodded. “I've been here for a while.” Hikari blushed.
“Wh-what do you mean `a while'?” she asked.
“I mean that I've been sitting in your tree waiting for the right moment to make my appearance.” Hikari rubbed her head. I'm never opening those curtains again, she thought to herself.
“I was gonna come in sooner, but then that woman came in,” he said.
“YOU'VE BEEN HERE FOR THAT LONG?” she yelled while punching his arm. Hikaru laughed.
“Yeah, but I was glad that I waited.” Hikari stopped. Hikaru looked into her eyes and ran his fingers through her smooth, brown hair. “These people make you miserable, and you've been handling them alone for a long time. I thought that it would be good to have someone come over to comfort you.” Hikari felt as if her head being smacked with a brick. Hikaru came here to…and he's…but isn't this… More incomplete thoughts filled her mind.
“This doesn't seem like you, Hikaru,” Hikari finally said.
“I know,” he answered, “But I felt that I had to do it. That's what happens when you like someone.” He kissed her forehead. Now I can never take that relaxing bath, she thought. Hikaru lifted her face, pulled her in, and gave her a comforting kiss.
Hikari was still in shock from the night before. She kept on thinking about how Hikaru can now enter her room at his own free will. She must have heard Natasha calling her name, but continued to ignore it.
Hikari snapped out of her own world when she heard a beautiful voice. It was rich and sweet. The sound filled Hikari's heart with joy and made her forget about Hikaru entering her room at night. Natasha's voice, she began to think, is so beautiful. For the rest of the morning drive, Hikari listened to her mom's best friend sing.
[After school]
{The Host Club is now Open}
Hiroki was writing in his notebook when he saw Honey looking not as chipper as he normally was.
“Honey-sempai,” one of the girls asked, “Is everything alright?” Honey shook his head.
“Are bunnies that bad?” he asked them. The girls blushed at his cuteness.
“Of-of course not,” another one said, “Bunnies are the cutest things ever.” That brightened Honey's face.
“Really?” he asked. The girls nodded and he flew his hands in the air.
“Yay!” he said taking a big piece of cake and eating it.
Hiroki saw Mori-sempai in the corner of his eye. He looked up and saw that Mori-sempai looked a little concerned.
“Mori-sempai,” he said, “Are you concerned about Honey-sempai?” Mori-sempai looked down at him and back at Honey.
I'll take that as a yes, he thought to himself. He turned back to look at Honey and noticed that he was still uneasy.
“I wonder if he's worried about the girl yesterday,” he mumbled to himself.
“What did you just say?” the twins asked together. Hiroki turned on his heels and walked the other way.
“Nothing.”
{The Host Club is now closed}
“Honey-sempai seems really upset about something,” Hikari whispered to Haruhi.
“But what could upset him?” Haruhi asked, “He seemed perfectly fine until yesterday.”
“Maybe it has to do with something about that Hana-chan girl that he was talking about,” Kaoru suggested.
“Mitsukuni,” Mori finally said. Honey put a smile on his face and put his bunny behind him.
“Don't worry, Takashi,” he said, “I'm going to get some sweets from the storage room.” He skipped to the storage room doors and went in.
“It's funny how he resorts back to cake whenever he tries to avoid a subject,” Haruhi pointed out. Suddenly Hikari felt rumbling under her feet. There was a loud motor sound and laughter that poured into the room.
“Not again,” Hikari screamed. Renge rose above the ground on her spinning platform.
“This is perfect!” she screamed. Her eyes began to sparkle. “Honey-sempai is in love with a girl who he's not aloud to date. It's perfect.” She took out a handkerchief and began to dab her eyes.
“An eighteen year old boy, who's mind is still lost in the world of cakes and bunnies, is upset that his true love is someone who yet knows how to add. IT'S MOE!” Hikari covered her ears from the screaming.
“Renge-kun,” Tamaki said, “What makes you so sure that Honey-sempai is in love with her?”
“Isn't it obvious?” Renge said. She snapped her fingers and the room darkened. A projector and projector screen lowered into the room. The slide began with a drawn out picture of Honey and Hana-chan.
“They both are short,” she said moving to the next slide, “They both love bunnies,” next slide, “Honey-sempai beaten up a high scholar for her, what more do you want?” The projector and screen rose back up into the ceiling and the lights turned back on.
“I must let the moe girls know,” she said clenching her fists. The ground shook again and she went into the ground again. Hikari stared at the floor and gulped.
“I'm surprised that she didn't notice me,” she said. The smell of rose petals began to fill her nose. She looked up and saw Tamaki under a spot light.
“Are you serious,” Hikari heard Haruhi mumble under her breath.
“This is certainly most tragic,” Tamaki began to say, “Honey-sempai is easy to please, so seeing him in a state of depression is heart breaking to the ladies of this school and to the hosts.”
“Tono,” Hikaru said raising his hand, but Tamaki ignored his calling. He pulled out a dry-erase board and began to scribble on it. Hikari walked next to Haruhi.
“What's he doing now?” she asked. Haruhi scratched her head.
“He's probably trying to create a crazy plan to fix Honey-sempai's problem,” she answered. Without a doubt, she was right. Tamaki had scribbled on the board a plan to help Honey.
“Does everyone understand the plan?” he asked. The twins saluted.
“Roger!” they both said. Kyouya pulled out his notebook.
“Hana-chan has ballet until six,” he said Tamaki clenched his fist and turned to the twins.
“Alright, let's put the plan into action.” The twins turned around and placed an evil grin on their faces. Haruhi and Hikari gulpt down fear as they backed away from them.
“I've seen those faces from somewhere,” Hikari whispered to Haruhi.
“Of course you had,” she said, “Those crazy maids have them on all the time.” Hikari was shocked.
“Those maids were from them?” she asked. Haruhi nodded. Hikari looked back at them. Oh no. Kaoru grabbed Haruhi by the wrists and dragged her while Hikaru lifted Hikari and carried her in the same direction.
“You don't have to carry me!” she yelled.
“Of course I had to,” he said, “your wrists still hurt, so I couldn't drag you like Kaoru can with Haruhi.” Hikari blushed and tried to break away from his grasp. Once she and Haruhi were behind the changing curtains, the maids came in and put them in dancing outfits. Hikari had a tank-top with a loose T-shirt that came off her shoulder. She wore leggings with a white skirt, black dance shoes, and her hair was up in a high pony-tail.
“Huh?” was all Hikari could say. Haruhi groaned at the sight of her in dance clothes. She had on a dance dress with leggings and dance shoes. She wore a wig that made her hair long and wore a sweat band.
“I hate when they use me in their plan,” Haruhi commented. Hikari looked at herself and Haruhi.
“Are they expecting us to dance?” she asked.
“Exactly!” yelled Tamaki. “Hana-chan has ballet, so you'll sneak in and find the opportune moment to figure out what's going on with Honey-sempai.” On that note, Hikari and Haruhi were sent to a dance academy not far from Ouran. They snuck in and said that they were going to work with Hana-chan on her Ballet.
They eventually found her in a pink tutu dancing around the room. Her yellow bunny placed on a chair in front of her as if the show was put on for it specifically. She danced in such a graceful manor that Haruhi and Hikari were amazed that she was only in elementary school.
“She's amazing,” Hikari said. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around. Haruhi pointed and they saw Honey walking into the room. They hid behind the view window and peeked through the doorway to see what was happening.
“Hana-chan!” he said with a wave. Hana-chan stopped her dancing and waved back. She picked up her bunny and trotted towards him.
“You didn't have to come again, Honey-sempai,” she said. He smiled.
“Of course I had to. I don't want those bullies to come and take your bunny again,” he said. Hana-chan smiled.
“Okay, then let me grab my stuff.” She skipped to the other side of the room.
“I glad that I met you, Honey-sempai,” she said while she packed. “It's happy to know that there's another person who's like me.” Honey smiled and spun with his bunny.
“Of course. And our bunnies like each other too. We can be best friends forever.” She nodded and skipped her way towards him.
“She's like him?” Hikari whispered, “What does she mean by that?”
“I'm guessing that Hana-chan is like Honey-sempai…in that she's eighteen and still loves cute things.” Honey and Hana-chan were leaving the room, when Honey spotted Hikari and Haruhi hiding behind the doorway.
“Haru-chan, Hiri-chan?” he said, “What are you doing here?”
“The club was worried about you, so they sent us to spy on you two,” Haruhi said bluntly, “Sorry.” Honey shook his head. The pink flowers rose around him.
“That's okay. It shows that you're worried about me.” He pointed to Hana-chan.
“This is Hana-chan. Hana-chan, this is Hiri-chan and Haru-chan.” Hana bowed.
“Nice to meet you,” she said with a smile.
“Bullies have been picking on her from Tokyo U, so I've been protecting her until they back off.”
“That's very honorable of you,” Hikari said. Haruhi nodded in agreement. Honey smiled and took Hana-chan home.
[On the walk back to Ouran]
“So there wasn't anything that we needed to do?” Tamaki asked in disappointment.
“None whatsoever,” Haruhi confirmed. “You completely overreacted again.”
“Well, at least it made me think about a cosplay we could do,” Kyouya mentioned. Haruhi and Hikari immediately denied it.
“I don't want to dress like this ever again,” Haruhi said.
“But you look so cute!” Tamaki screamed. As they continued to argue, Hikari looked at Mori-sempai.
“Are you alright with Honey-sempai being with Hana-chan?” she asked. Mori smiled and patted her head.
“He can take care of himself,” he said walking in front of her. Hikaru blew into her ear, which made her jump.
“HIKARU!” she screamed. He laughed.
“Should I come over again?” he asked.
“NO!” Hikari screamed again.
“Come on,” Hikaru pestered, “You know you want me to.” Hikari ran up to Haruhi and ignored his request for the rest of the way back.