Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Ouran High School Host Club: The Lyrical Beauty ❯ Chapter 7: St. Lobelia Academy Returns ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: St. Lobelia Academy Returns
Hikari was writing when the class rep. made and announcement.
“All classes will be canceled for the rest of the week because of the Arts festival.” The freshmen scurried with delight. Hikari shrugged and continued with her writing.
“But,” continued the class rep. “Club activities are still mandatory. If you're not in a club, then you must help out with the festival.”
“Are all clubs participating in the festival?” a boy asked.
“Yes, including sport clubs,” The class rep. answered. The boy wasn't pleased to hear that, but Hikari didn't mind. The arts festival, huh? She took out a one of her dad's plays with her mom's review inside it. Maybe I should suggest this to the committee so they could sell copies, or put it on the stage. Hikari's hopes began to build. She held her necklace and continued to write in her notebook.
“Niwazaki-san,” said a stern voice. Hikari looked up and saw a girl standing above her desk with her arms crossed against her chest. She was a fellow female classmate that got on Hikari's nerves. Oh boy, Hikari thought, This isn't gonna be good.
“How're you enjoying Ouran?” she asked. Hikari straightened her back.
“Ouran is alright. They have a good academic program, the faculty is good, and they have different clubs.” The girl smacked her hand down on her desk. Hikari looked up into her light brown eyes. She's mad about something that I really don't want to talk to a stranger about, Hikari guessed in her mind.
“What about the people in this school?” she asked. Hikari thought in her mind about how to choose her words carefully.
“Ouran has a different variety of kids,” she said. The girl giggled.
“What about the hot guys here?” she asked quietly.
“I'm not interested in that sort of thing,” she said calmly. The girl laughed.
“Come come now, Niwazaki-san,” she said, “You know that you can't lie.” Hikari looked at her again. “Everyone's been seeing you hanging out with the host club. They're full of the hottest guys.” Hikari smirked and leaned back against her chair.
“What are you trying to get at?” she asked.
“I'm just warning you, if you try to win even one of their hearts over, I'll be forced to make your life miserable,” she said in a threatening tone. Hikari just smiled and shrugged.
“Believe whatever you want, but you're over reacting.” She grabbed her bags and was about to leave, but the girl stopped her.
“I'm just saying, you've been getting a little too cozy with them, especially Haruhi-kun and the Hitachiin twins,” she said, “We're watching you.”
“So there's more of you?” Hikari asked, “Either way, I don't care what you think. Only I know the truth and that's all that matters.” She turned around and headed towards the school entrance.
“That girl's got issues,” Hikari said in a pissed off tone, “Anyway, putting that behind me, I'm going to try to find the committee and give them dad's play.” Hikari headed towards the theater when she noticed a lot of girls huddled together. They were wearing long, red school skirts and pink T-shirts.
“How odd,” Hikari thought to herself. She saw three girls leave the crowd, waving goodbye. The girls wore the same red skirt, but a sailor uniform top. Hmm… was all Hikari could think. There was a small girl with short, wavy hair, another with really long, wavy hair, and a tall girl that Hikari accidentally mistook for a cross dresser.
“Oh well,” Hikari said, “I'll head to the club room and let Haruhi know my-”
“My my my, what a cute girl,” said a soft feminine voice. Hikari turned around and saw the girl with long hair placing her fingers on either side of her cheeks. She turned around behind her and saw that no one was there. Oh no, she thought.
“You're right, Chizuru,” said the tall girl in a deeper voice, “She has that angelic face.” Hikari looked behind her again. Still nothing. They're not talking about me, are they? She asked in her mind.
“And she's so modest,” said the third girl in a sweet voice, “she's turning around to hide the fact that we noticed.” The tall one walked towards Hikari and lifted her chin.
“You're a cute one too.” She said looking into her eyes. Hikari began to feel very uncomfortable. Not because a girl was telling her she's cute, but that what this person was doing sounded familiar to something Haruhi had told her.
“What's your name, angel?” she asked. Hikari pulled away and bowed.
“Excuse me, but I'm in a hurry,” she said and ran to her school.
As she was running to the third music room, she was hearing Haruhi's story.
There were these three girls from St. Lobelia Girls Academy and they kept on forcing me to join their club. One of them, I thought, was a guy, but she's a real girl. They keep on saying how beautiful I was and that I'm a `fair maiden'.
Hikari eventually made it to the host club. They were preparing to open, when Hikari burst through the doors, slamming them shut behind her.
“Hikari?” They all said, shocked to see her out of breath from running.
“Um…there these girls…from another school…” Hikari began to see fear in everyone's face, especially Tamaki's and Haruhi's. She slid against the door. “…and…” she said, trying to breathe and talk at the same time, “…they…called…me…'angel'…” She saw Hikaru get angry while Kaoru held onto his neck. Haruhi walked over to Hikari and kneeled down.
“Hikari,” she said, “What did these girls look like?”
“Did they look like this?” the twins asked, holding up a picture of the three girls she saw. She nodded.
“OH NO!” they screamed.
“THE ZUKA CLUB IS GOING TO TRY TO TAKE HARUHI AGAIN!” Tamaki screamed. Honey brought Hikari some water.
“Thanks,” she said to him, gulping the cold water down her dry throat.
“Kyouya!” Tamaki screamed, “How much time do we have to prepare?” Before Kyouya could even answer, the doors opened. The three girls that Hikari saw outside stood before her now. Kyouya crossed his arms and smiled at the unwelcomed guess.
“Welcome,” he said naturally. The tall girl only glared at him. She turned to where Haruhi and Hikari were and smiled towards them.
“I see that our fair maiden is acquainted with the sweet angel we met outside,” she said. Haruhi and Hikari stood up.
“I've told you already,” Haruhi said, “I'm not going to Lobelia.” The tall girl placed her fingers on her forehead and flicked her hair.
“Sadly, we know that there's no way to win your heart, fair maiden. But that doesn't mean that we don't care. We're still determined to abolish the host club for your protection so you could fulfill your dream here.” She held Haruhi close. Tamaki became anger and grabbed Haruhi away from her.
“Sorry, but she belongs to the host club,” he said.
“I actually don't belong to anyone,” she corrected, but no one had seemed to hear her but Hikari. The tall girl, at first, looked angry, but she saw Hikari in the corner of her eye and spun around towards her.
“What's an angel like you doing in a place full of devils?” Hikari let out a sigh and shook her head.
“Personal business,” she answered.
“Do you have a debt to pay off?” The small girl asked. Hikari shook her head. “Then why are you-” but the tall one placed her hand on her shoulder.
“Let's not question her, Hinako,” she said.
“Benibara-sama,” Hinako said with stars in her eyes.
“Benio-san,” Chizuru said with her. Benio came up to Hikari and took her hand.
“Sweet angel,” she asked on one knee, “What is your dream here at this school?” Hikari took her hand away from Benio.
“It's a personal dream that I must accomplish here,” she said. Benio looked shocked.
“Just like our fair maiden,” she said in disappointment. She then smiled.
“Fine, then. The art festival starts tomorrow, we've got plenty of time to figure you out,” she said. She went behind and Hikari and kissed her neck. Hikari broke away from her while Hikaru grabbed her shoulder.
“Excuse me,” he said, “I think you better leave.” Benio looked at him and smirked.
“Of course,” she said. Her fellow companions were shocked to hear this. “It's alright, Chizuru, Hinako. The art festival is two whole days.” Hikari didn't like the way that that sounded. The three girls spun their way out of the room.
“Hikari,” Haruhi said, “I'm sorry to say…but I think that you're the one they're after now.” Hikari dropped her head.
“Perfect,” she said. “First there's the girl who hates my guts and then there's the Lobelia girls.”
“There's a girl that hates you, Hiri-chan?” Honey asked. He appeared to be sad by this news.
“Yeah. She says that I should stay away from the host club because they're watching me.” She turned to Haruhi. “They even told me to especially stay away from you, Hikaru, and Kaoru.” Kyouya adjusted his glasses and smiled.
“That's the price you've got to pay,” he said. Hikari's jaw tightened.
“I haven't done anything against the club, Kyouya-sempai.” Kyouya took out his notebook.
“You broke the tea set on your first day here,” he pointed out.
“But that wasn't much,” Tamaki said, “She's almost done paying it off.” Kyouya fell silent. The twins began to evil scheme.
“Do you think that Kyouya-sempai is losing it?” Hikaru asked Kaoru.
“I dunno, “Kaoru answered, “It's odd for him to forget something that involves money.”
“Maybe there's something personal in his life,” Hikaru suggested. Kyouya broke his pencil.
“Yeah, especially when recently, he's been-” Kyouya grabbed the twins by the shoulder and gave them the devil glare. The twins' faces turned white and they released a silent scream. Kyouya picked up his notebook and took out another pencil.
“Excuse me,” he said as an apology. Hikari and Haruhi looked at each other, praying that they never have to worry about seeing Kyouya's devil eyes.
[Day one of the Art Festival]
Hikari went to the theater again and tried to find the drama teacher that the head of the committee told her to find.
“She said that I would find the head of the teacher here,” she said quietly. Once she reached the office, she saw a sign that said hat she was out.
“Oh man,” she said, “This is the only free time from the host club that I've got,” she said in disappointment.
“So you're working with the host club too, angel?” Hikari felt and electric shock run down her spine. She turned behind her and found the Lobelia girl cornering her against the door.
“That's none of your business,” she said trying to walk by them, but Benio held her arm out and took the play that she was holding.
Dancing Under the Silver Moon,” she said, “by Hoshiyama Takumi.” Her eyes began to tear.
“Hoshiyama-san,” she said in a dramatic tone, “is the only respectable man in this world.” Hikari was shocked to hear this.
“Why?” she asked, “Do you have something against regular men?” Benio struck a pose.
“Men are the kind of people that try to hurt women. They don't feel as much as we do. They only think about physical strength.” Hikari wanted the conversation to end there. She took her play from Benio and tried to leave again.
“Why are you interested in him,” Benio asked. Hikari turned to Benio and gave her a stern look, like the one Kira and Yuuji would always give her.
“That is none of your business.” The three girls stepped back. They were shock in the sudden transformation. “Now if you excuse me, I have other engagements to attend to.” And with that, she left.
Hikari entered the Host club and went straight into the back room to change. I swear, those girls are so closed minded.
“Another Zuka club encounter?” said a deep voice beyond the curtains. Hikari held her breath. I DON'T WANT HIKARU HERE NOW, she screamed in her head, I NEED HARUHI!
“Are you in there?” he asked. Hikari forgot that she hadn't said anything yet.
“Y-yeah,” she stuttered out, “I'm just getting ready for the club to open.”
“I know that,” he said. Hikari heard him walking around before he spoke again.
“Did you see those girls again?” he asked.
“I didn't want to see them, but they cornered me in the drama room,” she answered.
“They cornered you? In the drama room?…Why were you in the drama room?” he asked.
“Because I was going to give my father's play to them,” she said. Hikaru was able to sense that she was annoyed.
“Are they bothering you?” he asked.
“Of course they are,” she said in an obvious tone. “In what universe do you think that-” but she didn't have a chance to finish. Hikaru came into the changing room and held her close to his chest. Luckily, she had on her white button down shirt, but she still blushed from embarrassment.
“I don't want that girl ever touching you again,” He said quietly. “When she kissed your neck, I was ready to throw her out of my sight.” He held her tighter. Hikari shut her eyes as he gently kissed the spot that Benio had placed her lips on.
“If they do anything to you,” he said, “Let me know.” He let her go and left her changing room.
{The Host Club is now Open}
Hiroki and Haruhi were helping out handing out tea when Tamaki exploded from his table.
“Sempai,” Haruhi said, “You can't explode like that. You'll scare the whole school.” Hiroki sat next to one of Tamaki's girls.
“Are you alright?” he asked. She blushed and nodded. Hiroki smiled.
“I'm glad to hear that. By the way,” he leaned in a little closer, “What made him explode like that?”
“We were just telling him how wonderful those girls from the Lobelia Academy are, especially the girls in the Zuka club,” on of them said. The girl that blushed nodded.
“The tall one is super sweet,” she said, “She said that I look cute enough to eat.” Hiroki forced himself to smile.
“I'm happy to hear that other people are complementing your beauty.” All of Tamaki girls began to scream with delight.
{The Host Club is now Closed}
“That's it!” Tamaki screamed, “We must take action now!”
“Sempai, I think you're overreacting again,” Haruhi said, but he didn't seem to hear.
“If those girls are trying to go against the host club, then we must fight back.” He pointed to Kyouya.
“Kyouya, order our girl costumes from last year.” Haruhi suddenly began to laugh.
“What's so funny, Haruhi?” Hikari asked.
“You should have seen them…last year…when they looked like girls,” she said laughing in between. Hikaru and Kaoru pouted and glided their way towards Tamaki.
“Tono,” They both said, “Is it necessary that we cross dress again?” Tamaki pointed at them and placed his other hand his hip.
“It is very necessary that we do this again. They will try to get rid of our club, our family. I'll never allow them to do that.” The twins sighed and sat on the couch, Tamaki was insulted and began to throw another fit, Mori-sempai and Honey ate cake and tea, and Kyouya started to type on his computer. Haruhi and Hikari, on the other hand, began to wonder if the host club would be abolished, since they didn't seem to be as “united” as Tamaki thought.
[Day Two of the Arts Festival]
While catching her breath from running from the club to the theater, she saw a sign that said: Now Showing: Dancing Under the Silver Moon. Hikari's mouth fell open.
“OH MY GOD!” she screamed, jumping up and down with joy. She ran inside to find the head of the Drama department and found her in her office. She wore her hair up in a bun, but wore a stylish outfit…that was “in” about ten years ago. Despite her taste in clothes, it seemed to bring out her personality even more to Hikari. After taking a deep breath, she knocked on the open door.
“Yes, yes, come in,” she said. Hikari walked in and held her hands behind her back.
“Excuse me ma'am,” she said. When the teacher looked up, her face began to glow.
“I was told that you might be coming by,” she said with joy. Hikari became confused. The teacher stood up and took her hand. “These charming girls told me about a play that you were going to suggest, and I was completely moved when I read the script. I knew once I closed that book that it must be put on stage.” Hikari felt her heart flip with excitement. Her father's show was going to be performed in front of many schools. She couldn't wait.
“Who'll be performing?” Hikari eagerly asked.
“Well, it's a little odd, but I know the audience would love them.” She guided Hikari to a room that said “Dressing Room”. “It's an all girl cast.” As she turned the door knob, Hikari regretted asking. She saw Benio, Chizuru, and Hinako getting ready for the big performance.
“I was lucky enough to have the Zuka club perform it. They were the only people who memorized the script for me in time.” She leaned in closer, “And they recommended that they put this production on.” She clapped her hands together and laughed. Hikari's stomach began to turn.
“What do you think?” the teacher asked. Hikari looked at her, and then to the Zuka girls.
“Umm…” she began, “It's defiantly a twist.” She tried to find something else to say. “Who, may ask, is playing who?” The teacher laughed while the three other girls vanished into the dressing room.
“Hinako is playing Giselle's younger sister, Chizuru is playing Giselle's mother, and Benio-san is playing Sir George Martin.” Hikari let out a sigh in relief that none of these girls were playing the two leading roles.
“Unfortunately,” the teacher began, “we had to change the script a little.” Hikari's heart stopped.
“What?” she asked.
“Well, the girls thought that it would be better for Giselle to stay and marry Sir George rather than running off with John Knight.” Hikari felt her blood boiling.
“You can't just change the script like that,” she protested, “The writer would never want that.”
“Maybe that's so,” the teacher agreed, “But he's dead now, so it doesn't really matter.” Hikari heard her blood rising to her ears, making her body become hot with anger.
“They're the two main characters,” she screamed, “they prove that love conquers all, not marry for money.” The teacher shrugged.
“I would have loved to work on it, but the show must go on. So you must make do with what you are given.” Hikari had had enough. She excused herself and was about to leave, when the teacher grabbed her shoulder.
“Where do you think you're going?” she asked politely.
“Back to my club,” Hikari answered coldly. The teacher laughed.
“My dear, do you know who's playing Giselle?” Hikari rolled her eyes.
“I'm scared to ask,” she said. The teacher placed both her bony hands on her shoulders and pointed her towards the dressing room.
“You are.” And with those two words ringing in Hikari's mind, she was pushed into the dressing room of despair.
[Meanwhile, in the host club room]
“Hey Haruhi,” the twins asked, “Where's Hikari?” Haruhi shrugged.
“She said that she was going to talk to the drama teacher about her father's play, but she said that she was supposed to be back when her break was over.”
“Hiri-chan has to be here soon,” Honey said, “We can't open without her.” Mori nodded.
“Maybe she was asked to leave Ouran,” Tamaki said in an overly dramatic tone. Haruhi smacked his head with her fist.
“Stop thinking ridiculous thoughts, Sempai,” she said.
“But where could she be?” Kaoru asked. Haruhi shrugged. She noticed that Kyouya had wandered to the window and adjusted his glasses.
“Kyouya-sempai,” she began to say.
“They're doing a sudden production of Dancing Under the Silver Moon,” he said. Haruhi smiled.
“That means that they're performing her dad's production,” she said. Kyouya turned and looked at her.
“The Zuka club is performing the leading roles,” he said. Everyone in the host club screamed with shock. Kyouya went to his laptop and began to type.
“According to my data,” he began to say, “The Zuka club suggested that they put on Hikari's dad show. They even convinced the head of the drama department to change the script to their advantage.”
“What do you mean `to their advantage'?” Haruhi asked.
“I mean that the Zuka club didn't like the leading male, John Knight,” Kyouya answered. Hikaru grew stiff. “They changed it so that the leading female, Giselle, married Sir George Martin, a wealthy man who can offer her anything she desires. He also has a tendency to blackmail and threaten people to his advantage.”
“But the play isn't supposed to be like that,” Haruhi interjected. Kyouya leaned back and stared at Tamaki. He was standing in total shock, the color in his face turning white.
“THAT'S IT!” Tamaki screamed in anger. “We must fight back now. The host club exists to make every young lady happy. And even though Hikari works with us, she deserves happiness too.” Haruhi was touched by his words.
“So,” Hikaru said clenching his fists, “What's your plan?” Tamaki smirked.
“Follow me.”
[Back stage]
I can't believe that they made me do this, Hikari thought in her mind. If they hadn't threatened me like that, I wouldn't be in this mess. Hikari thought about Benio's words.
We know that you're working for the host club as a gentleman. Because of your natural acting ability, we'd love you to perform with us. But if you decline our generous offer, then we'll tell the whole school that this so called `Hiroki' is a fake. Many young ladies would be disappointed to hear this right?” Hikari tightened her jaw at that memory. Benio, Chizuru, and Hinako joined Hikari back stage. All three were covered in heavy make-up.
“Sweet angel,” Benio said, “You hurt us my not wearing any stage make-up.” Hikari crossed her arms and legs and stared ahead.
“The deal was that I performed, not that I was to change the appearance of my face.” Benio kneeled down on one knee and took Hikari's hand.
“Ah, sweet angel, your personality will shine tonight. I cannot wait for the big finally scene.” Hikari took her hand away and left them.
“Considering the fact that I haven't even seen the script,” Hikari said aloud, “I have no idea what she's talking about.” Hinako appeared out of nowhere in front of Hikari telling her that the show was about to begin. Hikari guided herself to the stage and began to perform.
The performance started off normally…except that any scene that normally had John and Giselle were switched to George and Giselle.
I've got an idea, Hikari thought, Maybe I'll just change my lines on the spot and escape from this insanity. But the thought of Benio's threat crept in her mind. She bit her lips together and continued with the show.
Finally, the ball room scene had come. Hikari wore a beautiful pink dress with her hair curled up into a bun. She was about to hit the stage, when the stage went completely black. A spot light turned on and lit two people: Tamaki and Haruhi. Hikari felt the atmosphere become less tense. I'm saved, she thought. Benio was shocked to see the two on stage together.
“Wh-who are you?” she asked. Tamaki chuckled.
“Why, how could you forget?” He said, “We're Giselle's parents.” Benio didn't lose her character, but Hikari did. She slouched over and smacked her head with her hand. Oh-no, she thought.
“Of course,” Benio said, “Your other daughter lies within the crowd.” She pointed to Hinako.
“But where's Giselle?” Tamaki asked. Benio looked at Hikari (who was offstage) and extended her hand.
“Of course, the sweet Giselle is here,” she said. Hikari entered, following on as she was told. Benio took her hand and she bowed for her.
“Our sweet daughter, Giselle,” Tamaki said placing his hands on her shoulder. “I thought that you hated Sir George.” Hikari's eyes widen. Is her trying to get the script back in order?
“Of course she never hated me,” Benio said triumphantly. She placed her arm around her waist and stroked her cheek. “We're secretly lovers.” The whole audience gasped.
“No, Benibara-sama,” many of the girls screamed. Hikari pushed Benio back and took down her hair.
I never loved you” she quoted, “There's only one person I've loved, and that's John Knight.” Benio smiled and clapped her hands.
“But you see, my sweet Giselle, when your secret was revealed, Mr. Knight wasn't there to protect you, now was he?” Hikari knew that those lines were to remind her of her threat. She ran up the steps set on stage, Benio chasing after her. She was about to speak, but Benio grabbed her wrist. Hikari swallowed down her pain.
“You will marry me, Giselle, and leave those god forsaken men and come with us,” she said. She lifted Hikari chin and came down to her ear that was facing the audience.
“I will take away your first kiss, as I have tried to do to the fair maiden.” Hikari remembered what Haruhi told her and tried to break away. I'm not letting this girl kiss me, she said repeatedly in her mind. Suddenly, Hikari's wrists were free, and Haruhi stood behind Benio.
I won't let you have her, Sir George.” Hikari's heart began to beat fast. Hikaru stood between her and Benio. He wore what appeared to be a pirate outfit. Hikari almost fell backwards.
John knight doesn't look like a pirate, Hikari thought. Haruhi got Hikari's thought and walked back to Tamaki. Hikaru adjusted his hat.
Giselle is mine, and only mine. No one can have her but me.” Benio laughed.
“How can she be yours when she's just shown to the royal court,” Benio said extending her hands towards the audience, “that her love was for me?” Hikaru smirked. He grabbed Hikari with one hand and lifted her legs with the other. He told her to wrap her arms around his neck, which she did. Without hesitation, Hikaru jumped. Hikari felt her stomach rise into her chest and her heart in her throat. She placed her head on his shoulder, containing a scream. Once Hikaru hit the ground, she looked up.
How can you do this to our precious daughter?” Tamaki recited, Hikaru took Hikari's fingers and held them towards his lips.
I haven't done anything wrong or illegal,” he said, “I've only followed my heart.” The girls in the audience squealed with delight and the curtain fell. Benio, Chizuru, and Hinako blocked off the exit.
“We're not going to let you go,” Benio said, “We're going to get rid of your club once and for all and take you to Lobelia.” Hikari stepped forward.
“Just stop,” she said. The three looked shocked. Hikari continued.
“Stop trying to get rid of the Host Club. If people wanted it gone, they would have done so. So they're nothing special like the `Zuka Club' to you, but to other people, they're special. I've joined this club at my own free will and I don't intend to leave them. So you've got to stop trying to force people to join your club.” Everyone remained silent. Benio's eyes were widened and then she struck a dramatic pose.
“You're right,” she said, “I'm terribly sorry, I tend to stay in character and inherit some of their habits.” Hikari nodded. She knew that Sir George loved to threaten and blackmail people.
“Then leave me and Haruhi alone, and stop trying to abolish the host club.” The three girls stood up and Benio laughed.
“Impossible. We will abolish the club and we'll try to bring you Lobelia. But we'll do it the right way.” And with that, they vanished.
[Back in the club room]
“Hikari, are you alright?” Kaoru asked. Hikari looked away from the window and gave a weak smile.
“I'm fine, Kaoru,” she said. Kaoru sat down next to her and grabbed her hands.
“You know, if you ever need someone to talk to, you can talk to me.” Hikari blinked. “I know that I'm Hikaru's brother and we're very similar, but I'm a little more reasonable than he is.” Hikari looked down, and then back up again.
“Thanks, Kaoru,” she said, “I'm just mad that my dad's production turned out to be a total disaster. I tried to recite the lines as best as I could and even Hikaru, Tamaki, and Haruhi tried their best to stay in character, but the fact that Benio-san kept threatening me and changed the script made me mad.”
“That wasn't like her,” Haruhi interrupted. “This is a new side to her. But as Kaoru said, we're here for you. The whole club is.” Hikari felt her that her heart was at ease.
“Alright then,” Tamaki screamed, “Let's head out to the beach next weekend!” Hikari and Haruhi froze.
“Yay!” honey screamed.
“I can arrange for us to stay in my villa again,” Kyouya said scribbling down his thoughts.
“And this time,” Hikaru began to say. Kaoru stood up and held Hikaru's hand.
“Haruhi and Hikari have to wear a bathing suit that was designed by our mother,” he finished. Tamaki's eyes sparkled with delight while Hikaru's eyes said something else, like they hungered to see Hikari's bare skin. Haruhi and Hikari looked at each other, ran to their belongings, and ran out the door.
“I hate this,” Haruhi said, “I can't stand another beach field trip.” Hikari laughed
“I'm not looking forward to this either, but you know what?” She walked in front of Haruhi, her school bag behind her back. “I know that I can be myself when I'm with the host club, which is all I really want.” Haruhi gave a kind smile and stretched.
“Well then prepare yourself,” she said, “It'll be a long overnight experience.”