Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Pink Plus ❯ The Sickness ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sun-Hee awoke with a start. The last month she hadn't been feeling herself. She was haggard and nauseous, and not to mention all-around moody. Her period was over a week late and when her and Yasuchika had sex, he didn't pull out on time. She was still extremely mad about it, even though it had been a month, and expected the worse out of her situation. The worse being that she was probably pregnant.
She headed straight to the pink bathroom connected to her room. The second she got there, she kneeled in front of the toilet. Next thing she knew, she was spewing her guts out. That was the umpteenth time that month; she had lost count completely around the first week.
She heard a knock on the door and after muttering a few curses flushed the toilet. She opened the door and her 18 year old sister was staring at her, a slightly concerned look on her face.
"What's wrong?" SooYoung asked. Sun-Hee's sister SooYoung looked quite similar to her, besides the slight height, race, and hair. SooYoung's real name was Sua, and her father was Thai, but her South Korean mother decided to give her a Korean nickname like her sisters. In fact, if they both had the same hair color and personality, you would think they were twins. However, SooYoung is more of a girly-girl; she loves pumps and dresses. Sun-Hee prefers basketball shorts and high top sneaker, though she wouldn't mind wearing that type of stuff.
"I probably have the stomach-flu, that's all." Sun-Hee replied, tucking some loose hair behind her ear.
"Sunny, please don't lie. Nobody has a stomach-flu for a month. You've been so strange lately. Moodiness, nausea, frequent bathroom breaks...It's almost as if your pregnant or..." SooYoung started. She noticed her younger sister flinch as she said the word 'pregnant' and stared into her brown eyes. "Sun-Hee Choi, you are NOT pregnant. Tell me whatever you're hiding, right now. This better be a fucking eating disorder. You're just throwing up after you eat, right?"
Sun-Hee quickly shook her head. "Please don't get so mad. I mean, we did...but I didn't think I could get...I used your pills the day after, too."
"Okay, come here." SooYoung said. She walked toward her room quickly, her long blonde hair moving behind her. When they got in, they shut the door. "Start from the top, and take it slowly." She said, sitting on her pink bed and patting a spot next to it.
"I went to Yasuchika's for a study date and Satoshi couldn't make it because he had chores to do and we just got too into it then he didn't pull out on time so the next day I used your morning after pills." Sun-Hee explained quickly.
"Wow. Well, if it does exist, what do you plan on doing?" SooYoung asked. "And does he know?"
"I don't know. I just finished school! I'm going to college in 2 months! I can't do it, I really can't. My life has just started. And he might suspect it because he knows what he did, but I kind of yelled at him right after and made him feel bad. So we haven't talked since then." The younger of the two replied. SooYoung sighed deeply. They had the money for an abortion and raising a baby, but the time? Not at all.
"SooYoung, I'm scared." Sun-Hee finished, and her sister pulled her into a hug. "What will everyone say? I'm really scared." She whined. The brunette female was close to tears, but didn't let them fall. "They'll all be so mad." she mumbled into her sister's shirt. SooYoung was running her fingers through her sister's hair in a soothing manner. "Appa(*1) will be so disappointed."
"It's okay. They'll accept it sooner or later." SooYoung tried to cheer her sister up. That, however, didn't seem to work.
"And I'm setting such a terrible example for Yi-chan and everyone else." Sun-Hee droned. She referred to the young girl they adopted from China not too long back. She was only 3 so she probably wouldn't understand. However, when she was older she could have understood the concept and wanted to be like her older sister, and that was not acceptable to her.
"If anything, it's a great example. An example on what not to do." SooYoung scoffed. She then sobered up. "I forgive you, if nobody else will. So just remember that, kay?" She went to the other side of the room and opened a powder blue drawer. Inside were various things, but the thing she pulled out stood out the most. "You'll have to make sure first." She said, handing Sun-Hee a pregnancy test.
"I think I'll tell them sometime this week." Sun-Hee said robotically. It was as if she wasn't listening. She took the pregnancy test and went into the bathroom. During those five minutes Sun-Hee was in the bathroom, SooYoung sat there with watery eyes, thinking about how her little sister used to be so innocent. She rubbed her eyes and soon after, Sun-Hee came out sullenly.
The stick had a small pink plus on it.