Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Rubbing The Lamp ❯ A drunken plot is hatched ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Written in response to Makin' Lemonaide challenge for Week 47: What would cause a normally responsible character to abuse their rank or position? Show what happens when a character uses their power to get what they want from someone else!
 
Disclaimer: Ouran Host Club belongs to Bisco Hatori, not me. I make no profit off this story. If Bisco Hatori-san wishes, I will remove this from the web upon her personal request.
 
Secondary Disclaimer: All characters in this story are at least 18 years of age. While that might seem unlikely - as three of the characters are only sophomores in high school, I figure it this way: if Bisco Hatori-san can ignore the students graduating for two years in a row and keep everyone in the same grade, I can then apply that logic to their ages. Therefore, Haruhi, Kaoru and Hikaru are just 18. Kyoya and Tamaki are about to turn 19. Mori is about to turn 20, and Huni already is 20. (Therefore, according to Japanese figuring, Huni is the only adult. :P )
 
 
And now for the story:
 
Rubbing The Lamp
Chapter 1
 
“She does NOT like you two better than me!” Tamaki's voice was louder when he was drunk and belligerent.
 
“Calm down,” Kaoru's words were steady not slurred, but he was probably even more drunk than his King. “It doesn't really matter whether she likes us more or likes you more, does it?”
 
“Besides, of course she likes us best - there are two of us and only one of you,” Hikaru declared loudly. “If we could ever get her to loosen up, the two of us could take her to levels you could only dream of.”
 
The words were designed to taunt him, and he fell for the bait. He began sputtering, trying to think of a come-back when Huni interrupted, “She likes me better than you guys. Because I'm cute!” He grinned so widely it forced his eyes closed.
 
“In a strictly platonic way, though. We're not talking about her liking us, we're talking about her LIKING us,” Kaoru explained. “You're too much like a little kid sometimes, Huni. I'm not sure you're ready to join this conversation.”
 
The rabbit-loving young man looked at him in shock and Mori answered for him. “He knew what you were talking about.”
 
“Yeah. You tell `em, Takashi.” The shortest member of the group thrust his fist in the air and lost his balance. He'd had as much beer as the rest of them, and was equally plastered. Luckily, as usual, Mori caught him before he could hit the floor and potentially injure himself. “She likes me better than you three because *I* listen to her. No girl wants a guy who only pays attention to his own needs.”
 
Before the three could respond he continued. “Unfortunately, she likes Mori and Kyoya best of all.”
 
At this point, everyone in the room reacted. Mori lowered his head so that they wouldn't see him blush. Tamaki grabbed Huni's hands and began interrogating him with questions like, “What do you mean?” and “How do you know that?” And the twins began to scrutinize Kyoya and Mori to see if there was any indication that something had happened between either of them and their princess, or if this was all in Huni's imagination. They were surprised by the emotion they saw in both of their senpais' faces.
 
“So.” Kyoya's voice cut over Tamaki's, garnering the attention of everyone in the room. “It appears that everyone in this room has started thinking of Fujioka as more than just a fellow club member, ne? But no one has gotten her to see them as anything other than an annoyance, have they?”
 
Their drunken expressions were crestfallen. It was true. Haruhi was only in the club because of the broken vase. She cared about them all, yes, but there wasn't anything binding her heart. And she was so stinking practical, she'd probably never even thought about any of them in THAT way. Who knew if she thought about sex at all? Ever.
 
“She will only be with us as long as she owes us money for that vase. And unless you guys want to keep tricking her into breaking more stuff, eventually, she's going to leave.”
 
He waited for that to sink in. This was almost too easy. He knew each of them so well. Manipulating them into doing what he wanted was no longer a challenge. The challenge would be to see if he could pull this all off.
 
He'd gotten the idea one afternoon in the club when they were all fussing over her. He refused to let himself believe that this idea was borne out of the fact that images of her underneath him on the bed in his guest room at the beach, looking up at him innocently and without fear, had been plaguing him, keeping him awake at night. Well, awake until he gave into it and lived out some outrageous scenario in his head as his hand kept up a steady rhythm. Once release came, then he could sleep.
 
It was definitely conceivable that he could ask her to pay off her debt to him privately. But… he just couldn't. He wasn't sure why, but it felt wrong. However, if she repaid all of them… That was the scenario that was working for him. Lately, it was working for him every single night. And now opportunity had presented itself. He had to act.
 
Plus, if he could pull this off, there could be no other to claim superiority in manipulation - the title “Master Manipulator” would be uncontended, would be all his own.
 
“But none of that really matters anyway. Because the only reason you guys are even attracted to her is because she's not like any of the other girls here. She's an exotic rarity. That's all. You couldn't even honestly tell me what you find appealing about her anyway. I mean, what would you even do with her if you got her to agree to be physical with you anyway? You don't know because you haven't even thought that far.” His voice was filled with scorn, but inside, he was laughing.
 
“That's not true, Kyoya.” It was surprising that Mori spoke first.
 
The mastermind shot him a quick, withering look. “Really?”
 
“You may be the master planner, and my best friend, but that's just not fair to say,” Tamaki agreed. “I've spent all my time trying to get her to realize that I… I mean, you know it. I've told you. I spend every night thinking about her. Kissing her, her arms around me.”
 
“God,” Kaoru sighed, “Just thinking about her soft full lips…”
 
“And her hips - with just enough curve to grab onto,” Hikaru continued.
 
“Why the fuck do you guys think we keep playing so many jokes on her?” Kaoru asked.
 
“It's cuz if we don't distract ourselves, we'd just grab her in class and then the whole school…” Hikaru finished.
 
“But her hands are her best feature. Her skin is so soft, and her fingers are delicate but strong. All I have to do is think about her hand stroking my cock and I come so hard.”
 
The whole room froze in disbelief as they turned toward the speaker.
 
“What?” Huni replied forcefully. “I may have a young-looking face, but I can assure you as the oldest in the room that I've had at least as many fantasies about Haruhi as any of you. Well… Except maybe Takashi.”
 
Kyoya recovered first. He hadn't really noticed that Huni was attracted to her in THAT way, but it really didn't matter. If he got the chance to make this work, he'd be more than willing to expand his plan to include the stature-challenged club member, too. Anything so long as he finally got the chance… And this time, she wouldn't look up at him innocently. She'd look up at him with fire.
 
“Do you all trust me?” he asked.
 
Tamaki assured him, “Of course we do!” Huni nodded enthusiastically.
 
Mori looked aside nervously, not willing to answer. And the expressions of Kaoru and Hikaru clearly mimicked their question, “In what way are you talking about?”
 
Laughing, Kyoya clarified. “Do you trust that I know how to get what I want better than anyone in the room?”
 
The twins and Mori chimed in unison, “Yes.” Hikaru and Kaoru looked at Mori in surprise, and the tall man quietly looked embarrassed at having said anything.
 
“Good,” Kyoya declared. “Because if you listen to me and follow my plan exactly, we can all get the chance to have Haruhi. Exactly the way we want her. And she won't blame any of us, because it will be her choice.”
 
 
********
 
 
She quietly sat on her seat, looking at her hands while the Vice President continued tapping away at his computer, buried in the electronic books. `He called me to this “special meeting” and now I have to just wait. Well, I guess that's typical Kyoya. I shouldn't expect…'
 
Her thoughts cut off as she noticed the sharp-featured power behind their club settle his piercing gaze upon her, his dark eyes flashing as he scrutinized her over the rim of his glasses. “Haruhi,” he said, his tone harsh, “I asked you here to discuss your debt.”
 
`More like ordered me here…'
 
“As you know, the school year is almost over. That means Mori and Huni will be graduating.” He adjusted his glasses on his face and then crossed his arms as he continued to study her. She fidgeted in her seat and he smiled internally. “You've made some progress, but you still owe 6.6 Million Yen (about $55,000). As your debt is to the club as a whole, you are running out of time. You see, if you do not pay your debt before they graduate, then the profit margins of the club will suffer - as will Mori & Huni's buyout amount.”
 
“Bu- Buyout?”
 
“At the end of the year, we divide the profits that have been accrued between all the club members and start from scratch the following year. It is only fair that each year's members benefit from our fruitfulness equally.
 
“Even though there is usually only a small profit left each year, due to the expenses necessary for running the day-to-day activities, it would be unfair to allow the cost of your debt to minimize the profits that would otherwise have been due to them.
 
“We understand that you are willing to work as long as it takes to pay the debt off, but unless you can fully repay the amount within the next three weeks, then Mori and Huni will suffer due to your negligence.”
 
“I…” Haruhi began, but realizing she had no answer to this question, immediately fell silent. There would be no way to fully repay the debt in three weeks. If only there hadn't been debt upon debt accrued to her it would have been paid already, but Kyoya's bookkeeping kept her in the red.
 
She looked very downhearted. Inside Kyoya was rejoicing. She was in the perfect frame of mind for his plan to continue. He looked away from her, tapping on his keyboard as if there was important information in his computer - much more important than anything they were discussing. “Of course, there have been offers to buy your debt.”
 
“Buy my debt?” Her head cocked in her normal confused Haruhi way.
 
“Yes. A couple members suggested they could pay up your debt for you. However, that could potentially leave you… beholden… to that club member.” He paused to let that thought sink in. Any normal girl would have gotten the meaning right away. But as Haruhi was Haruhi, it took several seconds before she understood what Kyoya meant by the word “beholden.”
 
“It would be unseemly for you to be indebted to just one member. Unfair to the rest of the club, and unfair to you. However, I might have a solution.” He paused again to let her sweat.
 
Damn if she wasn't irritatingly patient. It took a whole two minutes of silence before she quietly said, “A solution?” But she did eventually break the silence, and that was pleasing. It signaled that she might actually buy into what he was about to propose.
 
It was hard not to smile.
 
“Have you heard of Aladdin?”
 
Her head cocked to the side and her brow scrunched cutely. “Aladdin? You mean like in the Disney movie?”
 
“Yes. Quite like in the Disney movie. Only the genie in the lamp is the princess who broke the vase. And instead of granting three wishes to Aladdin, you will grant three wishes to each club member.”
 
The quiet girl stood up a bit straighter and Kyoya found it difficult to not grin from ear to ear. She was ready to tell him off, tell him that there was no way in hell that she'd put herself into such a tenuous situation - one where she'd have to trust the good intentions of six hormone-driven men, of which at least three had already been making sexual overtures to her. Now all he had to do was remind her that because she would owe these favors to each of the six it would balance out and be safer for her - she could always walk away from it, if anyone asked her to do something she didn't want to do. But then, she'd still owe the club and they'd have to figure out something else…
 
“So. For each so-called wish, you'd remove 370,370 yen from my debt?”
 
He jerked upright as her query caught him off guard. Haruhi fell so naturally into the club that it was sometimes easy to forget that she was a scholarship student - there because of her mental acuity. Fingers flew over the keyboard as he did the math. Yes, if each favor was given equal merit, that would be accurate - but if this was the case, she could just do the easy favors and then reduce her debt enough so that she could get a part-time job over the next few weeks and the debt would be completely eliminated. Oh, sure. Jobs were against school rules for the students. But rules were made to be broken.
 
Continuing their action on the keyboard, his fingers flew through figures. Within seconds he came up with the solution. He continued speaking as he completed his calculations. “No. That would enable you to complete wishes for some people and then choose to buy off the remaining portion of your debt. That would simply not be fair to every club member.
 
“There will be a sliding scale. The first task for each person will only remove 18,518.5 yen from your account. For the second task for each person, you will rid yourself of 74,074 yen. For the third task for each person, you will absolve 462,944.5 yen.”
 
He saw her eyes flash up and to the left for about 15 seconds before she replied, “That will only amount to half my remaining debt. So how is this plan the solution?”
 
Smiling smugly, Kyoya held up one finger and said, “Ah! But you see, to encourage you to agree to complete all the requests made of you, once you complete the final task, we have all agreed that you will receive an additional bonus equal to half your current debt. This way it will behoove you to complete all the challenges, rather than to give up partway through.” He crossed his arms in satisfaction.
 
The girl's face was extremely blank as he watched her considering her options. Her voice was matter-of-fact as she said, “But you'll honor the amounts from the tasks I do complete, regardless of whether I continue?” It was part statement, part question.
 
“Absolutely.”
 
“And every club member has agreed to this plan?”
 
Kyoya's smile was predatory. “Of course.”
 
She nodded decisively. “I accept.”
 
XXXXXXXXXX