Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ The Bet ❯ The Target ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Bet
 
Intro:
 
For those of you who like the whole thing between Haruhi and the guys of Host Club… too bad. She's not in this.
 
This is based between when Tamaki just gets the guys together and when Haruhi arrives. So basically, she's not going to be in this. At all. It would make things too complicated.
 
Well, here's the first chapter:
 
Chapter 1: The Target
 
They were all sitting on the couch, except for Tamaki who was pacing in front of them.
 
“King? Why are you pacing?” Hunny asked sweetly.
 
“He's nervous.” Kyouya said, writing a few bullets down on his pad of paper.
 
“It's only the second day...” Hikaru said bluntly, relaxing in the corner of the couch.
 
“…of course he's nervous.” Kaoru finished. He was sitting next to his brother. Takashi just grunted in agreement. Yesterday was the club's first day, and that was just so the news of a new club arriving would spread, so that kind of made today the first REAL day of the Host Club.
 
Then the bell rang. All their heads moved at once to look at the door leading to their club. They swiftly fell into position as a creak resounded from the door as it opened. A girl's head popped out and they could hear whispers. Then the girl opened the door the rest of the way and entered.
 
At the words `irasshaimase' there was a squeal and a whole stream of girls suddenly flooded the room. It was a bit intimidating and at first no one knew what to do. The girls stared and the boys stared. All were waiting.
 
Tamaki stood up with his eyes closed, averting everyone's attention, and then struck a pose lovelier then any of the girls had ever seen and bowed to the crowd. “We are here to serve the women of this school in pleasure and utter happiness…” Then he returned to his real height and opened his eyes, making his hair wave back slightly. “Welcome.”
 
All the girls squealed and closed in around him. “Ladies ladies, please… take a seat.” The guys took in a sigh of relief and then realized not all the girls had gone with Tamaki. A few of the leftovers suddenly bent down and took a close look at Hunny.
 
There was a sudden squeal and then they looked at him with puppy-love eyes. “Aw! He's so cuuute!” One said. “I know! I know!” Said another. “Is there anything we can get you?” They said eagerly. Hunny made a face like he was thinking and then looked up at them suggestively with the sweetest brown eyes.
 
He turned his head to Takashi. “Could I…?” He asked sweetly and Takashi nodded slightly. The girls waited eagerly, moving in a little closer. “Would you like to have some cake with me?” He asked cheerfully. There was another squeal as the girls hugged him and then took his hand.
 
“Of course! Of course!” One said, leading him away from the others. “Anything.” Takashi stood and followed without a sound, sitting with Hunny and the girls.
 
There were still more left. The twins were squished in the middle of the couch as the girls crowded them. They looked at each other and sighed.
 
It started as simple whispers but then the girl's started to wonder things. “I've never seen twins before…” “Me neither.” “I wonder if all twins are this cute?” There were a few giggles. “I wonder how Tamaki got a hold of these two…?” This attracted their attention immediately.
 
“He came up to us one day…” Hikaru said, which caught the girls' attention. The twins were relaxing into the couch with their arms crossed and eyes closed.
 
“…asking if we could join the club.” Kaoru finished. “And then he asked us to call him king.”
 
“There's only one word that could describe him though. Baaaka.” Hikaru said. This made a few of the girls giggle.
 
“Hikaru…” Kaoru said softly, an innocently sad look adorning his face. The girls stopped laughing and looked at Kaoru who looked a little ashamed.
 
“Kaoru…?” Hikaru said softly, while looking at his brother in an unknowing way.
 
“You can't say things like that about our leader.” Kaoru glanced up at his brother's eyes. “It makes me so upset to hear such mean things come out of your mouth.” Neither of them could believe they were about to do this.
 
Hikaru's soft touch slowly gripped his brother's chin and turned it gently toward his eyes. “Ssshhh… It's all right. I didn't mean anything by it.”
 
“Oh Hikaru…” The twin breathed, floating closer.
 
“Kaoru…” Their lips were so close and their eyes looked so deeply into the others. The girls immediately started squealing again and melted around the twins. They couldn't help but smirk. It was their hobby after all… manipulation.
 
Then the sound of giggling caught their ears and they turned to see what was going on at Tamaki's table. He had just given a beautiful red rose to some girl and all her friends were giggling about them. Hikaru looked at his brother and the two relaxed back into the couch. “Are we going to do all the seducing for the whole year…?” He asked bluntly.
 
“I guess so.” Kaoru responded.
 
“That's boring.”
 
“Then what if we make it a little more fun?” Kaoru suggested.
 
“A bet…?” Hikaru said with a small smirk, his eyes opening slightly to look at his brother.
 
“Exactly what I was thinking…”
 
“Make it about seduction.”
 
“But who…?” Kaoru asked. The two of them looked around the room, scanning for the best form of prey.
 
“Someone challenging.”
 
“Someone good looking.”
 
“Someone with experience in the subject.”
 
“Someone like…” Their eyes locked on the same person and evil smiles emerged onto their faces. “Him.” They said in unison as their mischievous golden eyes gazed upon their prey… their lord, Tamaki.