Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Marietta ❯ You Have to Pretend to Be Marietta! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
You Have to Pretend To Be Marietta!

Disclaimer:I am broke.




The storm was getting abit worse and there was no sign of anyone! Wait a sec! A woman just popped out of the pond! It was Aisha. Then there was Jim and Andy; all three were shivering.

"Am I dead?" Jim asked. Andy saw him and Aisha.

"Well, we're still in the blizzard, and it's still very cold, so I guess we're still alive," Andy answered.

"Damn!" A male voice snapped. "Stupid truck!" It was Gene, who and Fred were trying to get themselves out of the icy pond. When they finally got out, they were shivering as hell. Then, Suzuka carrying Mel, came out. Andy ran to see if she was alright.

"Where were you two?" Suzuka asked Gene and Fred.

"Oh, um....blizzard," Fred answered and laughed nervously, the fact that he was afraid of her. Gene got up and walked up to the one who was closest to him, and that was Aisha.

"Aisha?! What the hell happened?!" Gene yelled.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?!" She yelled back.

"Those police wouldn't be firing at us unless someone blew our fucking cover!" Everybody watched the two as the two fought. Melfina didn't want Aisha to fight with this guy because it wasn't Aisha, Suzuka, or Jim's fault at all;it was hers. She walked up to them.

"Please don't be mad at her. It was my fault. The police think I'm this Marietta person, and because of me, I almost had everyone killed." Her head was facing down so they couldn't see her face. Gene looked at her for a sec.

"Well there," he walked up to her. "Do you know what you just did?! We can't go back to that hotel anymore!" Gene yelled. Andy growled at him; he wasn't the nice, funny man he knew.

"I'm sorry," was Mel's only reply.

"Will you just leave her alone?!" Aisha yelled. "She had no idea about this!" Gene just snorted and walked off. Andy and Aisha glared at him; then Aisha turned to Mel. "Don't worry about him. He's an idiot."

"Well, there's one other place we can stay," Fred said.

"And where would that be?" Suzuka asked, glaring at him (she hates him).

At the warehouse.....

"This is just great," Aisha complained, her voice echoed around the room they were in. She, Jim, Melfina, Suzuka, Andy, and Fred were sitting at the table, each had small bowl of clam chowder with tuna and a hot cup of tea in front of them. They had only sheets to cover themselves, for they're clothes were drying in a clothes string by a box of paper and wood burned in fire in another room. The only thing they heard was the howling wind from the blizzard. "Just a minute ago, we were so warm and cozy in that hotel; next thing I know, we're stuck in a warehouse, AND IT'S FREEZING AS HELL!!!" Her hair was still wet and it was spilling down her shoulders.

"Aisha please, complaining isn't gonna help anything!" Jim yelled. "At least we have food to eat," he paused and looked at the food, "even if it's only tuna and clam chowder."

"And a cold warehouse is better than no place to live at all," Suzuka added.

"I have to agree with James and Suzuka, Aisha. However, the bad news is that I won't able to see All in the Family and Three's Company," Fred added. The others stared at him for a moment and continued eating. Melfina however looked at a large picture. It was that Marietta girl again with her older brother Jon. She walked over to the picture to check it out. Aisha saw this.

"What's wrong, Mel? Don'cha wanna eat?" She asked.

"Oh, that's alright," Mel answered. Suddenly, a growl was heard. "Um....sorry. I haven't eaten in a while."

"Just how long since you've ate anything?" Fred asked. Andy looked up from eating.

"We don't eat alot at the orphanage, I'm afraid," he answered and began chowing down on the clam chowder again. "About one meal every other day."

"WHAT?!!!" Aisha exclaimed, grabbed Mel's plate, and ran to her." You need to eat, and I mean eat! Andy's eatin'!" She grabbed Gene's plate. "Here. You can eat his." Just then Gene walked in, shivering, as he also only has a sheet to cover himself.

"What's up?" He asked. He then glanced at Andy. "Hey, Andy, weren't you at the diner earlier?" Andy nodded. Gene was getting ready to eat when didn't see his plate. "Hey! Whose got my plate?!"

"I got your plate for a good reason, dumbass!" Aisha yelled at Gene. He glared at her.

"Alright, Aisha! What's the reason? Didn't you already eat..." He stopped as he saw Mel, who was in front of ANOTHER pic of Marietta, this time with the family dog, ".....earlier?" He couldn't keep his eyes off of her, she looked EXACTLY like Marietta. In his eyes, he's found the lucky girl for his plan!

"Well," Aisha began," Mel here needs to eat! She hasn't eaten..." She stopped as Gene was looking at Mel strangely. "Why are you looking at her like that?" Melfina turned around to see the picture. Aisha was looking at it, too. Mel turned to meet Gene.

"Excuse me, but are you Gene Starwind?" Mel asked.

Gene got himself out of the trance and answered in his usual tone, "Well, it depends on who's asking."

"Um, Melfina and I wanted to get to Paris, and Lola said you, Gene, have plane tickets to to go there," Andy informed.

"Oh, yeah, I do. I forgot Lola already told me you wanted to see me," he answered. Jim and Aisha suddenly forgot about that.

"Hey, Mel and Andy," Aisha began showing Mel to another room, smiling. "Could you go in there? We would like to talk to Gene, privately."

"Um...okay," Mel replied. She turned to Andy. "Andy?"

"Oh, sure!" He hopped out of his seat and followed the girls. After she walked Mel and Andy into the room, Aisha shut the door. Then, she glared at Gene. Jim gritted his teeth.

"Has anyone ever told you, you're an ASS?!!!" Jim roared to Gene.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"I can't believe you! You never told us anything about these tickets!"

"Well...um....it's a suprise," Gene laughed nervously. Aisha pulled the collar of the sheet Gene had on.

"I'll suprise you, you sonofabitch!" She roared.



Mel cupped her hear ot the door to see what was going on. Andy did the same.

"Do you hear anything?" She asked.

"Nada, but whatever's going on, Aisha and Jim sounds VERY pissed off," he anwered. He turned around to see Mel staring at pictures, pictures, and more pictures of Marietta with Anthony and/or her family. Both were astonished at them. Why was this Gene Starwind guy keeping all these pictures?! Mel focused her eyes on every single picture.

Do I really look like Marietta? She thought to herself.



"And what about the fact that you're planning to fool Nathalie by handing her a fake Marietta in Paris, so you can get rich, Gene? Would you please tell us?" Suzuka asked, showing a flier that said, "Auditions for Marietta". She was also glaring at Fred on this.

"Well, aren't you sick of being poor?" Gene asked her.

"Of course we do, Gene!" Jim answered. "But there's a better way; get a damn job!"

Gene groaned at that. "Hey Fred! Help me out, here!"

"No can do, Gene!" Fred snapped.

"Oh, NOW you're on OUR side!" Aisha snapped at him. Fred just responded by a nervous laugh.

"I told him that the chance of finding the girl with the exact features like Marietta is impossible," he told them.

"But what about your new friend?" Gene asked.

"Oh hell no, Gene! There's no way in hell am I gonna let you get Mel into your stupid ass plan!" Aisha yelled.

"She has amnesia, Gene! Why don't you have sympathy for her?" Suzuka added.

"She does?" Gene asked.

"Yes, she does."

Gene looked down on the floor for a moment, and then, all of the sudden,he began smirked. "That's even more perfect!" The others fell over anime style! He walked up to the door of the room Melfina and Andy were in. Aisha got back up.

"WHY YOU-!!!" Aisha was beginning to charge up on him but the others caught her.

"He could be right," Suzuka whispered.

"What are you talking about!" Aisha shouted in her whispering tone.

"Melfina has amnesia and she looks exactly like Marietta," Suzuka stated. "So it's possible that she could be her. Her memory will come back to her, someday, and at that time will she know for sure if she's Marietta or not."

"I see what you're saying," Jim whispered.

"And besides, she wants to go to Paris to find her family," Suzuka finished.

"Well, I guess I'll go along with this, but only because she wants to find her family,"Aisha sighed. The others saw Gene walking Mel out of the room and Andy following with a confused look.

"So, you say you want to go to Paris, yes?" He asked her. Mel nodded.

"She wants to go to find her family, Gene," Aisha said.

"Well, we were going there, ourselves! Right, guys?" Gene glanced at them, frowning. The others sighed and nodded. "You can come along come with us, you'll have to do one thing."

"What's that?"

"You have to pretend to be Marietta." Mel blinked and so did Andy, who eyed him suspiciously.

"Why?"

"Well....uh....um..."

"Well, remember when I said that you have the same features as her, Melfina?" Suzuka covered up for him with hesitation. Mel nodded.

"Well....um....yeah, and they've told me that you have amnesia," Gene said. He walked closer to her. "Well, the way I see it, Mel, if all that's true, then the chances of you being Marietta is pretty high, don'cha think?"

"Well," Mel began, but Gene interrupted her.

"And you want to find your family, right? Well, what if Nathalie was your family? We can help you, Melfina."

"Well it's possible, I guess," Melfina answered, looking up. "But what if I'm not her?"

"Well your memory will probally come back soon, so you'll know for sure who you really are. I for one know for sure that you're Marietta."

Mel thought about that and turned away from everybody. "Well, I have no memory, though it might come back, like you said, and I do have the exact same features as her. And whose to say I'm not Marietta? If I'm not, it'll surely be an honest mistake because I don't know who I am." She then turned to face the others and smiled. "And if my memory does come back, then I'll know for sure if I am or am not Marietta, like you said."

"So what do you say?" Gene asked.

"Okay! Why not!" Mel smiled and the two shook hands. The others, excluding Andy, could not believe neither their eyes nor their ears. Unfortunately for them, she (and Andy) actually fell for it. They sighed.

"Did you hear that, Mel?! We're going to Paris!" Andy cried in happiness. Mel smiled happily! Andy turned to Gene. "Hey Gene, we both know each other a bit, and you're a cool guy....almost, but if you EVER do something bad to Mel, I SWEAR I'll kick your ass!" Gene almost smiled, thinking that the kid can't fight.

((A/N: Unfortunately for Gene, Andy can fight......all he has to do to is kick a guy in the you-know-what hard, if ya know what I'm saying.....yep....))

"Andy!" Mel scolded. Then she turned to Gene. "I'm sorry. He can be abit overprotective," she said, emphasizing the word, "overprotective" and glaring at Andy.

"Hey, this kid's good!" Aisha cheered. Suzuka, Jim, and Fred stared at her at that.



"Well, we better get some sleep," Gene sighed. He and the others were seen under the magic mirror. Both Abby and Horzanko saw this, and Horzanko sure as hell was not happy.

"I...I don't believe this..." Horzanko whispered. Then he pounded his fist on the table and roared.

"You better believe it, sir," Abby just shrugged.

Horzanko turned to the two police that were chasing Melfina and the others. "You have failed me!" The two policemen flinched at that and Horzanko turned his back on the others.

"Well, we thought we got her, sir," the police man said.

But Horzanko didn't give a flying rat's ass, for he turned back around, pointed his large pendent to the policemen, and the energy beam from it shot both the police; only their burnt and torn clothes were left of them! Horzanko grunted and turned back to the mirror. Abby stared in horror at that. Then she got herself back together and turned to Horzanko.

"So...so...now what are you gonna do, now?" she asked.

"They're planning on going to Paris. I WILL prevent that," Horzanko answered in a low, raspy voice.

"And how?"

"Oh I'll find a way...I'll make sure it doesn't fail." His chuckles soon turned to evil laughs and cackles, which echoed around the whole cave...

((Uh-oh....a cliffhanger! Well, anyway, let's find out what Horzanko has in store for Melfina and the others.......))