Peach Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Why I'm Cool -and- You're Not ❯ “The Gigolo” Goro ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Why I'm Cool -and- You're Not

© Fuu Hououji

Chapter Three: "The Gigolo" Goro

Disclaimer: This is simply a PeachGirl fan fiction. PeachGirl is the creation of © Miwa Udea and all other subsequent parties. *Bows* Arigatou!

Warning: There might be some spoilers from GN's four & five in here.

Notes: Woohoo! Chapter 3~! And we're back to Goro!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ .~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Goro aimlessly drove around one city block after another in the hope that he might find something to take the weight off of his broad shoulders. He had been momentarily satisfied after he had blown Sae off but it had taken less than half an hour to come back full force. Everything that had happened with Sae still had a large impact on him. He wanted to blame it all on her. He wanted to be able to hate her the way others could but he couldn't. It was true that he had not loved or trusted Sae the way a true couple should have but that was what he had liked most about their relationship. The kind of freedom they had together was rare.

Even now for some reason he still felt as though he had been used but in truth he should have commended Sae. She hadn't done anything he hadn't let her; she had not cheated on him or lied about what she wanted. She was just spoilt at heart and couldn't help herself. He was the fool for thinking he could have given her what she wanted. There was no way he could have helped her through that because even he had no way of reading Sae. After all he stood the victim of this little get together as it had turned out.

Goro smiled sadly, this was just a taste of his own medicine. Even when he had been very young girls had always fallen over themselves for him. He had liked it for a while in his more hormonal years but soon girls had became meaningless to him, a waste of time. Because of this he had simply never liked any girl the same way they all seemed to love him. Maybe it was because he had never had to work on building a relationship with anyone, they were all handed to him on a silver plate.

He parked his car and walked off towards the town center where the malls were. As he walked past the nature park he stopped and breathed in the sweet scent of roses. He glanced around the park and saw that there was a flower sail of some sort going on. The intoxicating smell drove him to a small booth near the end where there were ornate glasses full of roses. When he was younger he remembered that his mother loved flowers and would bring them home at the end of each week. She would put them in thin blue glass vases on the table. He also remembered his father, the workaholic used to make up with his mother by taking her to fancy restaurants and giving her pink and red roses. Had his parents' relationship had all that much more potential than the ones he had had? As he looked back on it he found it rather deluded of his mother to put up with his father despite the fact that he never changed. His father was a workaholic to this very day and his mother still accepted the apologies.

"W-would yo-you l-like to buy s-something?" stuttered the practically drooling teenaged girl from behind the flower stand. He smiled, she was cute and looked to be in her late teens. She had shoulder length brown hair and light gorgeous green eyes.

"Sure." He said picking up a red rose and handing it with a dollar bill out to the young woman. She took the gift and blushed brightly trying to give it back to him. He shook his head, "It's for you." The girl nodded her head, her eyes down cast. He watched as she played with the flower and then as she put it back into a glass and as he walked away she waved from her small stand. He heard whispers from behind and a smile brushed his lips as he disappeared from view.

"That was Goro!? "The Gigolo" Goro!? NO WAY!" Maybe this day wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. He walked down the street stopping here and there to admire oddly shaped buildings.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ .~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

School was over now and the passionate anger that had once threatened to consume Sae had deceased. A frown pulled at the edges of her lip, "Burning passion?" she voiced her previous thought out in a scoffing tone, "Heh, as if anyone in there right mind would feel that for him." Kairi had affected her and as much as she wanted her words of denial to mean something, they didn't. He made her feel defenseless as though the walls had fallen in on her and locked her in place. She felt like he had the upper hand in all their previous encounters. That jerk always managed to make her uneasy.

Sae slung her school bag over her shoulder as she walked down the street. It felt nice simply walking home with only the breeze to yap at her but something had been eating at her ever since her encounter with Kairi in the hall. He wanted to play a game with her but as of yet he had neglected to tell her what it was. More to the point, what if she lost without knowing it? Then, she supposed, what would the cretin want? Damn him for making her life more difficult than it had to be. If he was going to play rough she was going to pull out the big guns and get even. Sae's smile suddenly turned into a grimace, rumors wouldn't work with Kairi, black mail might work but it wasn't such a good idea and she couldn't think of any romantic type problems Kairi would have. His fan girls treated him like a god among mere mortals. The only thing she could do is hurt someone close to him, like...? No one came to mind. She was left with only one option, to play his little game and win.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ .~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

AN: Erm, *gulp* I'm so sorry that I didn't post this chapter sooner. ^^ Hope you liked it. Hope schools good and I hope you all are getting your homework done. Guess what I get to work on now… *grown* Ja-ne!