Peach Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Why I'm Cool -and- You're Not ❯ Goro gets a brain ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Why I'm Cool -and- You're Not

© Fuu Hououji [Tara M.C.]

Chapter One: Goro gets a brain

Disclaimer: This is simply a PeachGirl fan fiction. PeachGirl is the creation of © Miwa Udea and all other subsequent parties. *Bows* Arigatou!

Warning: Some spoilers from GN's four & five.

Notes: This story takes place around a month or two after where book 5 leaves off. If you have yet to read book four or five than you might want to wait on this story.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ .~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Goro combed a hand through his soft hair and began walking towards the school where many of his problems started. He felt like an extraordinary idiot for being brainwashed by a cute schoolgirl with ego issues. He smiled slightly, what a dope he had been. It seemed almost all girls were like that now a day, players. She had certainly played him, walked in him like a new pair of shoes and the worst part was that he eagerly gave into her wishes. He still couldn't figure out how Sae had persuaded him into the whole Momo thing but it was more than clear he needed to apologies to the blonde. His perceptions had led him to the wrong conclusion about the girl and her boyfriend.

When he made it to the double doors of the large brick building he gently opened one door and slid inside. He looked up and down the seemingly empty halls and then walked towards the office. But as he made his second step in the direction he desired to go hoards of overly obsessive girls began drooling over the model and blocked his way. Questions poured in from all directions; they asked if it was true he had broken up with Sae and if he was going for Momo now. But instead of actually paying attention to his fan girls he pushed them aside.

Advancing towards the small white room he presumed to be the office. When he made it to the window he was greeted by Misao Aki the school nurse. She smiled at him, "How can I help you?" Goro tried his best not to smile; afraid he might cause some of the schoolgirls another fainting attack, remembering back to the last time he had been inside this school. He was about to ask where he could find Momo Adachi when he saw her, sitting in a white bed starring aimlessly out the window. "Sir?" the woman repeated her self in a louder voice. He turned back to the nurse giving her his focus.

"May I talk to Ms. Adachi?" he asked gesturing to the girl lying in bed. He caught the nurse's skeptical glance but didn't say anything. She told him to fallow her and he did as he was told. Something inside of him told him that this nurse didn't think any too highly of him and that he should watch his step while in the office. When he reached the small white room he watched Momo for a minute before cautiously stepping through the door. He had no idea how she would react to him being there. When he reached the bed positioned a few feet from hers he sat down on it. When she didn't notice him there he took the opportunity to figure out what was capturing her attention away from him.

Out the window stood a content looking, short, black haired girl and her friends. He immediately recognized the black haired girl as Sae and the other girls looked to be her lackeys. Knowing that it was rude of him to stare at Momo, Goro decided that it was a good time to break the silence. "Hello?" he tried; earning her attention and full focus within the same second he opened his mouth and the word had spilled out. She seemed rather hesitant to say anything although it looked as though she was trying to form words. But when nothing came he decided it best to continue and get it over and done with. "You're probably surprised to see me here after what happened. It took me a while to realize the full impact of what I did…how wrong it was. I'm very sorry Momo Adachi. Sorry I ever thought badly of you, and sorry that I ever dared to hurt you." With that he stood and walked towards the door.

"Wait." He heard a small voice bid for his attention from within the room. He turned around to see Momo sitting up in the bed, her white sheets falling from her shoulders revealing her wrinkled school uniform. Glut still washed over him seeing the way her hair fell down around her shoulders the way it had that night only a few months back. He gave her a polite smile and uttered the word yes. She pushed a couple strands of louse blonde hair behind her ear. "Thank you… for understanding. I… forgive you." She said although there was still a lingering sadness in her voice. Momo lay down in the bed pulling the white sheets up to her neck and resting her head on her pillow once more.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ .~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Closing the double doors Goro strode from the school with little if any intention of ever coming back to it. He saw Saes' lackeys pointing and staring at him as though they had never seen a man in their entire lives. Sae herself rolled her eyes and told them something that made their attention instantly focused on her. She was starting to remind him more and more of an energy sucker every time he saw her. She did it to everyone; if she didn't have someone's attention she stole it from him or her, just like she had to him.

He looked away, not having the time to deal with her. But before he could get far enough away from her, she was on him like a cat that had found a mouse. She glared at him, attempting to block his way but Goro simply pushed the smaller girl from his path and continued walking toward the parking lot. "Why won't you hear me out!?" she demanded angrily from behind. He opened his car door, stepping inside and shutting it behind him.

Looking back he glanced at her, a smile reaching his lips. "Why?" he asked in a slightly mocking tone. "I'm cool, and you're not." With that he drove off into the distance leaving a furious Sae and her shocked friends behind him. It was good to know who the real bad guys were but it was even better to know you weren't being played by anyone but yourself.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ .~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

AN: How do you like my second PeachGirl fic? I think this is pretty good for the first chapter. Goro's a strange guy. He's really hot! But a strange dude nonetheless. I find it easy to write from his prospective, in fact - I like writing from his prospective! Now someone like Kairi, well, he's hot too, but I find it harder to write from his POV… I'll have ta work on that.

Hey, do you reviewers think I should keep writing this story from Goro's POV? I might since I have yet to read another PG story with the guy in them. Poor under appreciated Goro-kun! 0_- Ja-ne!