Pilot Candidate Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wish I Had an Angel ❯ Planet Hell/Angels Fall First ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wish I Had an Angel
Chapter 1: Planet Hell/Angels Fall First
By: Steven Jester
 
Notes Disclaimers and Bullshit: Ok… I'm going to get back to my roots. Digimon is not owned by me… never have claimed to own it and never will. I don't own Pilot Candidate either, and it's not a crossover… just using a character that will have no ties to that universe except name and certain circumstances. Also… you may notice that the title to the fic and the titles to this chapter are titles to songs by Nightwish. I don't own those either. There will be a fictional band called Ever Black Angels, any song that they do is actually done by Nightwish and is not owned by me.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
I wish I had an angel
For one moment of love
I wish I had your
angel
Your Virgin Mary undone
I'
m in love with my lust
Burning angel
-wings to dust
I wish I had your angel tonight
Nightwish - Wish I Had an Angel
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
“I can't explain it… but she is my love, I know,” said a blond haired boy of fourteen praying before an altar. “I wish I could have seen it sooner. Since the Dark Masters during our first adventure I've liked her. But I naively thought it was just a crush. But no, Hikari Yagami is my love.” The boy gave the sign of the cross before rising and turning away from the altar. “I will declare my love for her.” He left saying no other word.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Meanwhile in another part of town, a girl of red hair put a dark hood over her head. A knock on her door signaled her out of her reprieve. “I'm almost done,” she said before taking out a simple necklace with a white cross on it. She kissed the cross before placing it around her neck. She walked over to her door and opened it revealing her stage manager and her other half, David Nakamura the blond haired male lead singer and bass guitar player for their band, Ever Black Angels. “You ready to go?” David asked the girl.
 
“Yea,” she said looking toward the stage with curtain closed. “How long is it until show time?”
 
“About ten minutes,” their manager said.
 
“Not getting nervous are we, Nya-chan?” David asked with his usual smirk. He always smirked when he called his friend and band-mate by the much hated nickname.
 
“Urghhhh…!!! I don't know why I put up with you David!!” the girl said semi-jokingly.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
The blond from the church walked into a crowded theater lobby and looked around. Another blond boy, taller than the first, noticed the first boy and yelled across the lobby, “Hey Takeru!” Takeru looked over and smiled before running over to the other boy. “So, lil' bro, why did it take you so long to get here?”
 
Takeru made a small annoyed look before answering, “Just sorting out a few thoughts Yamato.” Takeru looked around searching again, “Are the others here yet?”
 
Yamato smiled, “They're all down in our seats, which we should start going to as the concert is about to start.”
 
“Speaking of which… how'd we get free seats to a show that you're not a part off?” Takeru asked.
 
“Easy, I know the guy who plays bass from an online forum for independent rock bands. He normally tours in America as that's where the band's from but their band is selling well here in Tokyo so they came here to do a concert.”
 
“Oh…” Takeru said before walking down the corridors with his brother. Trailing behind his brother, Taker looked around the grand corridors in awe. On one rogue turn of the head he spotted a small shadow on a far corridor wall. Curious, he walked over there and noticed a boy and girl making out rather conspicuously and without a care. Takeru noticed, however, that this was no ordinary couple.
 
“Hey man come on we're going to be…” Yamato said walking up to Takeru but stood staring at the oblivious couple, “Son of a bitch, Daisuke and Hikari. Now that's something we weren't expecting. Us older kids were expecting you and Hikari,” Yamato said not noticing the look on Takeru's face. Takeru, for all intents and purposes, was taking this well.
 
“Yea…” Takeru said dejectedly, “So did I.” Takeru turned away from the couple and walked slowly behind Yamato towards their seats. Yamato did a double take before running off with Takeru.
 
Takeru walked on, not bothering to answer the questions from his annoying brother. He even ignored the looks from his other friends when he got to his seat. Takeru just watched as a guy, probably the guy his brother knew, walked on stage and the curtain rose. Speaking in excellent Japanese despite being from America, he said, “Welcome ladies and gentlemen to our first concert outside of the US! As many of you know I'm David Nakamura, the bassist of Ever Black Angels! Allow me to introduce to you our vocalist. She grew up here in Tokyo like I did until we moved to the states. And now we're back in our native country to sing to our fans! Her name is Kizna Towryk!”
 
At that point a girl dressed in tight shorts and an oversized hoodie with the hood up walked to the front of the stage. She started to unzip the sweatshirt and then she tossed it off feverishly. Revealing a tight black tank top that left nothing to the imagination was not what caused the crowd to gasp. No, what caused the crowd to gasp was the fact that the hood she was wearing moments before was covering a pair of brown cat ears on top of her head full of pink hair.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kizna knew they were all staring at her, but smirked before starting the first song. Soon after the music started she knew her audience was more into her music than into her ears. Belting out her lines furiously she looked around the darkened audience. Her eyes rested on one boy in particular. He was sitting with the group of people that were going to get a backstage tour after the concert. He didn't look into the music, but he didn't look like he was having a bad time, at least with the concert. Something about this boy drew Kizna's attention, and Kizna wasn't about to let go.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Takeru watched as Kizna sang her heart out to the crowd. What fixated Takeru's attention were her words: “Old loves they die hard, old lies they die harder.” Takeru smirked. She doesn't know how true she is. Takeru thought cynically. She seems like a sweet person, probably doesn't know what I'm feeling now.
 
But in the back of Takeru's mind, even though he couldn't let go of Hikari, he was intrigued by Kizna.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Yamato, worried about his brother, went for some refreshments in the middle of the concert. Really he was going to see if Hikari and Daisuke were still swapping spit in a back corridor. When Yamato got there he noticed that Hikari and Daisuke were still there, but no longer making out like there was no tomorrow. They were sitting against the wall holding each other's hand. To be honest this is grossing me out. Yamato thought as he continued to watch the couple.
 
“You know `Kari, we should keep this a secret for now,” Daisuke said nudging Hikari's head off of his shoulders.
 
Hikari hesitated before asking, “Why… and from who?”
 
Daisuke looked at her weirdly and commented, “I want to get on your brother's good side. It will only be for a few weeks, trust me.”
 
Yamato wanted to gag.
 
Hikari looked unsure but nodded her head anyway. That was when Yamato left them alone.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
After the concert the entire group, Hikari and Daisuke included, went backstage and were waiting for the band to get done meeting. “Man that was fun! Whish they'd play here more often,” Taichi Yagami, Hikari's brother, said aloud to no one in particular.
 
Takeru, trying to act casual around Daisuke and Hikari, spoke up, “Yea they sounded good. Especially the lead singer… umm…”
 
“Kizna,” Sora Takenouchi, Taichi's girlfriend, prompted, “and yes she was a great singer.”
 
“I want to know why she had those ears though,” Koushiro Izumi, one of the four certified group Einsteins, spoke up. He turned to his friend and fellow Einstein Jyo Kido, “Do you know of a reason?”
 
“There was an article in the online medical journal about a doctor about ten years ago claiming to be able to restore the hearing of people who had damaged their ear canals,” Jyo said thinking hard, “Except he performed illegal operations implanting animal ears onto his patients. To tell you the truth, until seeing Ms. Towryk with my own two eyes I dismissed the idea.”
 
Takeru noticed out of the corner of his eye that Hikari and Daisuke weren't even paying attention. Bet they didn't even watch the performance.
 
“Did the article say anything about the patients?” Ken Ichijouji, another Einstein, asked.
 
“They all, despite their modifications, live normal healthy lives. Some even have better hearing than normal humans.”
 
The conversation stalled and, at least in Takeru's mind, an awkward silence fell amongst the group. Takeru took charge and asked Yamato a question, “So Oniichan, you think that this band is a threat to your band's title as Supreme Band of Tokyo?”
 
“Oh don't worry,” a new voice came from down the hall. The group turned to see David with Kizna in tow. David spoke up again, “We're not planning to try and take that title by force.”
 
Kizna, speaking in fluent Japanese in contrast to David's small errors, said smirking “But that doesn't mean we won't turn it down if we win it by accident.”
 
Daisuke's mouth dropped and Hikari also had a sudden look of surprise but fought it back better. Takeru noticed and smirked. They just confirmed my suspicions. Now I think Daisuke's going to say something stupid.
 
“How did you get those ears?!” Daisuke asked in astonishment, “You look like a neko-chan straight out of an H-manga!”
 
Bingo.
 
Kizna's face showed several emotions: anger, annoyance, sadness, and hate were the most prominent. It was David, however, that reacted vocally, “Hey! No one insults Nya-chan like that in front of me!” Kizna now looked more embarrassed then anything else and sent a glare that could kill at David.
 
“Nya-chan?!” Daisuke said chuckling, “What is she your girlfriend or something?”
 
Kizna got up the nerve to react and said hotly, “No he's not my boyfriend. I am very single!”
 
Takeru smirked and looked at Daisuke who was taking what looked like a smart tactical retreat. And that was a tell if anyone paid any attention.
 
Hikari stepped up and bowed low before Kizna, Oh please don't cover for him! Takeru mentally chided.
 
“Please forgive my friend. He sometimes speaks without engaging his brain,” Hikari, for her part, sent a glare of death of her own to her boyfriend. Although Takeru noticed it lacked it usual intensity.
 
Kizna returned the bow but then muttered something that only she and Hikari heard. For afterward Hikari quickly scooted back to the line. After some quick introductions the group proceeded down the hall. Kizna however held back and stopped Takeru from joining them, “Hey, where you going?”
 
Takeru tried his best to looked confused, “Uhh… with the group…”
 
“Nuh uh…” Kizna said smirking, “I know you'd love a reason to ditch the two lovebirds that are trying to hide it.”
 
“They are that obvious,” Takeru said sighing.
 
Kizna smiled before grabbing the Child of Hope's wrist and pulling him into her dressing room. She locked the door before asking, “You love Hikari, don't you?”
 
Takeru did a double take, genuinely surprised at the question.
 
“And you found out the hard way that she didn't like you that way?”
 
Takeru nodded again… tears brimming in his eyes. Kizna noticed and rushed over to Takeru hugging him as he cried on her shoulder.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
AN: Well… the ending of this chapter may be rushed but I'm happy with how it came out for my first time back in the section in a while. Takari fans don't panic! This will end Takari. I will not permanently pair Takeru and Kizna together nor will permanently pair Daisuke and Hikari together.
 
Some of you may ask how Takeru can trust Kizna so much… he isn't. He's just overwhelmed. All your questions will be answered by chapter 2… which I should post on my next 24hr fic binge. So until next time! Please R&R!!!