Please Teacher! Fan Fiction ❯ Onegai Bounty Hunter ❯ My Own Prison ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Molly searchlights!" Zabaione commanded her interface.

The little creature emitted a wide strobe beam into the treeline as the marshal ran after the fleeing human. The last thing she needed was to have her mission compromised or be guilty of one of the crimes Kazami had committed.

Matagu ran through several scenarios in his mind. He saw the high intensity beams light up the forest like midday. Darting behind a wide tree, he felt his adrenaline pumping throughout his body. The alien stopped, probably noting his pausing.

"Please! I mean you no harm!" he shouted.

"Stay where you are, step out and raise your hands above your head!" she yelled.

That didn't sound like anything an alien abductor would say.

"I just want to talk!" Matagu shouted. "Please lower your weapon."

She wasn't an idiot, nor about to give him the upper hand.

"Do as I said and we'll talk," she insisted.

Reluctantly, he stepped out into the open, hands raised.

"Turn around, palms open," she related, sprinting towards him.

He knew the risk of being slaughtered right there on the spot, but held fast.

"What's your name?" she asked as her right hand grabbed his right wrist. In one continuous motion, she slapped what felt like handcuffs on him. Matagu tried to twist away from her. "Hey wait!"

Like a cat, she pounced on him, taking him to the ground hard. Zabaione sat astride his chest, her long legs pinning both his arms to the ground. Her hand pressed a glowing baton into his windpipe. In spite of his predicament, Matagu could not help but admire how beautiful she appeared, nor the fact that this was the closest he had ever been to a female.

"Matagu Shido," he wheezed, answering her question.

"I am Zabaione Costada, Level C Planet Inspector of the Galaxy Federation," she lied, her true mission needing to remain a secret. "Molly teleport us to holding cell Alpha. This is a priority one."

They were taken instantaneously to a white walled room measuring 12' x 8'. She remained on top of him, even though they were in her element now.

"I regret having to take you into custody, Matagu Shido, but I cannot have you tell others about what you have seen here," she informed him.

"Custody," he choked out. "Please! I promise not to…"

He seemed sincere, but she wasn't about to let emotion cloud her judgement.

"I may have to erase your short term memory."

"Please," he begged, his eyes locking with hers. He flushed, captivated by how lovely they were. "All my life I've waited for a moment like this."

"To be held prisoner?" she asked incredulous.

"No," he smiled. "To meet someone from another planet. I've always believed."

She let up on his throat, seeing how hard it was for him to talk.

"Matagu Shido, I am going to release my restraining hold on you. Remain prone until I allow you to sit up, understand?"

He nodded.

Zabaione stood up and backed away out of the room. His eyes followed her, admiring the form fitting silver jumpsuit she wore.

"Okay, you may sit up."

He noticed that she stood outside his "cell". Reaching out, his hand was blocked by an invisible barrier.

"My duty is to observe life on this planet and to keep my alien heritage a secret. I am to live among you as one of you," she told him.

"You mean you don't intend to colonize or conquer our world?"

She seemed insulted. "Of course not. The Galaxy Federation is a peaceful union of starfaring planets. We have a code of non-interference with worlds such as yours, ones who have not achieved a certain level of technology."

"You're telling me all this," he looked down. "I want to know so much and soon you're going to make me forget it."

"I have to, but afterwards when I live among you, perhaps I'll look you up and we can become….friends."

She avoided his gaze when she said that; it made her feel worse. This human boy seemed amicable and kind. Once she captured Kazami, it would be time to leave. And since she wasn't really an Inspector, she doubted she'd ever return to Earth again.

Matagu sighed. "Would it be a real friendship if only one of us knew the truth?"

She felt even worse. "I need to take care of some things," she said softly. "Molly will let you read some of our manuals in the meantime."

Zabaione went to her personal quarters and sought to pick out some Earth clothing to wear. The sooner she got to Kazami, the better. She thought about the look on the boy's face when he explained how passionate he was at knowing life existed on other planets, then the disappointment at hearing his memory would be erased. He happened to be an innocent victim. She had always wondered what humans were like. She had done some research on Kazami and discovered her father had been from Earth. The Galaxy Federation had not disciplined her mother for marrying a human.

She couldn't just have Molly teleport the felon into her ship. She had to do a little surveillance to see if she could be charged with additional crimes.

As the adrenaline rush wore off, Matagu began to feel very tired. He felt hungry and thirsty as well, but his gear had been scattered back at the campsite. Alone in the cell, he thought about Hyosuke, Kei, Ichigo, and the others. If only they could see him now. UFOS were real. Aliens existed, beautiful ones at that. Still, he had to think of a way to escape with his memory intact.

In spite of his circumstances, he soon drifted off to sleep.