Please Teacher! Fan Fiction ❯ The True Feelings ❯ Romance Blooms Again? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Onegai Teacher, its characters, or anything else having to do with it. This story takes place a year after the 13th episode.
 
 
CH 1 Romance Blooms Again?
 
As the rain fell over the roof, Kei looked over at the beautiful magenta haired woman lying next to him. “Honey, don't you think you've slept enough, you do have class today.”
Slowly opening her lavender eyes, Mizuho responded, “It's golden week, or have you forgotten since you graduated?”
Remembering over the last three years, all of the troubles they had trying to keep their marriage a secret, he wondered how they were able to keep it up at all.
Though pressed upon them at first, they had come to enjoy the time they had had over the years.
“You know Kei, they will come after me sometime, I did break Galactic Federation law to get here. A Marshal may appear and take me away.”
"If that happens I guess I'll just have to fight for you."
Pulling him closer, she looks deep into his eyes, “I'm not joking.”
"Neither am I." he responded, ''I'd protect you from all that I can. This is my top priority."
Reaching over to the box of Pochy at her side, she puts one in her mouth.
“I'm heading to the store, would you like anything Mizuho?”
“Just the usual dear. Don't let anything happen to you this time, Maho loves kidnapping you, and I can't stop her all the time.”
“Like your mother's tricks?” reaching over to get the umbrella.
“Yup! I worry about her and her motives.”
 
Meanwhile over at Herikawa Grocery's…
 
“Mom, I'm going out to Yamada-san's place,” exclaimed Hoishi Herikawa, “be back in a few hours!”
“Again, seems like you've been spending a lot of time over there” answered her mom.
Smiling thinking to herself, as she started walking towards Yamada-kun's place, how long am I going to be able to hide the fact that I'm not just his student anymore, mom will flip when she finds out.
"Yes she will."
"Where did you come from Ichigo, and what are you talking about?"
"You know what I'm talking about."
"Oh do I? I'm not you, I'm only 18, not 24, I can't read minds either,” looking over at her sarcastically.
“I can tell by the way you look and act Hoishi. Why don't you tell her?”
”Oh? And how about you and Matagu? Are you two going out yet?”
“He's just a horny guy who wants action. I know he has a soft side, but it's the hornyness that turns me away.”
"Are you so sure? To me it seems you are attracted to him quite a bit."
"Ok Hoishi, I get what you're saying. I'll let him have a shot to prove himself to me."
“That's all I ask Morino. You always tried to get Kei-kun and I together, now its time to return the favor. Where are you headed anyway?”
Looking away from her, blushing, Ichigo responded, “Nowhere……”
Starting to run off into the distance, Herikawa yells back, “Just go ahead and tell him, and soon!”
Well, thinking to herself, I think I'll head over there, I was anyway when I found Hoishi.
Starting to walk over to Matagu's house, while enjoying the fact she hadn't withdrawn for a long time, nearing a corner, she sees Kusanagi on the other side of the street.
“KU-SA-NA-GI-KUN!!!”
Looking across the street, he sees Morino and crosses the street.
“How's it going Morino? Withdrawn lately?” he asks her.
“Thanks to your encouragement, not at all,” blushing, “I was just walking over to Matagu's.”
Smiling cheekily, he replies, “And why would you be going there?”
Replying, “Does everyone know but me? That is a definite change I don't like. Usually its me that does all the prodding.”
Laughing he looks at her, “Why, because you can't do as much now? You should be happy.”
Smiling at him, “I am. I'm off. I'll see you around again.”
Thinking to himself as he nears the store, he thinks about how much she's changed since she told him that they had the same illness. So much more friendly and maybe a little more selfish.
Its been so quiet since Hyouske and Kaede moved to Tokyo, both pursuing their own dreams, Hyousuke studying to go to a university, probably Tokyo U. Kaede working just to stay at his side. Her parents hadn't liked the idea of her going to live with him, but in the end they had to give in. It was her choice after all. He had heard that they were going to get married sometime, and normally he'd just dismiss it, but it was Hyousuke they were talking about. You never knew what he is going to do.
Once they'd graduated he came out with the truth of his own marriage. Everyone but Ichigo was surprised about it. Matagu was depressed for awhile, since everyone knew he had a crush on Mizuho.
Mizuho invited them to come over one night after graduation for dinner, and they had sat around the kotatsu in the living room.
“Well, Kusanagi-kun and I have something to tell all of you” she started. “Though you may have thought about something like I'm about to tell you, it'll still get to you.” She was thinking the whole time, boy will Herikawa be mad.
“What is it already?” inquired Hyousuke.
Smiling at each other, Kei and Mizuho replied, “We're married.”
In silence, they sat there for a while.
Ichigo was the first to speak up, “It's no real surprise. It actually explains a lot of things.”
Piping in, Herikawa said, “Like how they always this sad look on their faces on certain days, as if they'd had a fight earlier.”
Poor Matagu, everyone was thinking, he had his heart set for the longest time. It was hard on him, knowing the truth about his friend.
Finally, speaking up he questioned, “What about that little girl a year ago?”
Replying sheepishly, Kei answered, “That was my sister-in-law. She still likes to visit every month or so.”
“What about the older woman at the hotel about the same time?” Hyousuke asked.
“That was my mother” Mizuho answered vindictively.
Smiling, Kaede said, “Was that venom I heard?”
Everyone broke out laughing after that, and ended up being a great night for everyone. Played card games and having a little sake, Mizuho had built up a tolerance since her first time out drinking with the teachers all those years ago.
 
Anyway, back to the present-
 
 
Finally arriving at Matagu's apartment, Ichigo smiled, I may just come out of his house a different person. I hope I can at least help him see that I am here, not just as a friend.
Reaching the front door, she buzzed his room.
…crackling static….
“Who is it?”
“It's Morino”
“Cool, I'll let you up”
The door buzzes and the lock clicks open.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Please read and review, i'd love to know what people think of my story. If you want to see events happen in a slightly dif light in later chapters, or you want to see more of another character, please just say!