Please Teacher! Fan Fiction ❯ Visitors ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Please Teacher! or Please Twins!. They are both owned by Please!.
 
A/N: I'm using the versions of Maiku, Karen, and Miina from the Please Twins! novels by Go Zappa. Please don't get mad for the obvious differences from the Anime. Also thrown in will be some references to situations from the Please Teacher! novel also by Go Zappa.
 
~~
~~
 
“Okay, I understand. I'll be expecting you,” Mizuho said. “Love you.” With that, she hung up the phone and prepared herself. She was surprised how nervous she was to be exposing their secret. “Is this the right thing,” she wondered aloud.
 
“Is what the right thing,” a voice from behind her asked. Mizuho jumped to her feet and turned around.
 
“Mother, what are you doing here. Kei and his friends are on the way over!”
 
“Why would his friends be coming over?”
 
“Because,” she paused. Taking a deep breath, she said “We are finally going to come out of hiding to them. It's going to be very hard as it is, and with you here, it would be impossible.”
 
“Fine, fine, I know when I'm not wanted. Come, Maho dear. And good luck tonight Mizuho.”
 
Maho, who Mizuho hadn't even noticed, said “Good luck big sister. If you need any help, you call me right away, okay!”
 
The two aliens left the apartment by the front door, instead of teleporting like they had to get in. “I wonder what those two are up to.”
 
~~
 
“Mom, why didn't we go back to the ship,” Maho asked as they walked out of Mizuho's building.
 
“Because, I want to see what Kei's friends look like,” she answered, a big smile on her face.
 
They were walking aimlessly around the block, waiting for her son-in-law to arrive. Around a corner, she saw them, a large group of teenagers walking their way, with Kei at the head. “Come Maho, let us go introduce ourselves, but don't mention anything about Kei specifically being Mizuho's husband.” She took off towards the group. As she got closer, she recognized one of the boys as the one she had teased at the shrine festival. Seeing her opening, she ran closer and shouted “Maiku darling, there you are, where have you been you naughty boy!” She grabbed the boy and held her to her chest. “How dare you go and leave me hanging, I wanted more!”
 
The whole group froze. Miina and Karen were so shocked that they completely forgot about their love alliance rule number four. Hyosuke managed to get out “Wait, weren't you that older woman I saw going into the love hotel with Kei?”
 
“Oh, that was so long ago, and he never called me back. I had to find someone new to play with. Isn't that right my little Maiku. You're so much better than Kei anyways.” she joked. About that time, Maho finally caught up with the group.
 
“Mother, what are you doing, stop that,” Maho cried, and grabbed her mothers arm, pulling her away from the boy. Karen and Miina snapped out of their shock and both grabbed one of Maiku's arms, pulling him away as well.
 
“Jeez Maho, let your mother have some fun,” Hatsuho sighed. Then, towards the two girls desperately holding onto Maiku, she said “I'm sorry. I just had to pick on him a little bit. I really did meet him at the festival, and I made him follow me around as payment for the cat I won at the ring toss.” Miina's face turned bright red at the mention of the stuffed cat that had become one of her most precious possessions.
 
“Who are you,” Ichigo asked. “And you, I've seen you before as well.” She was looking at Maho.
 
“Oops, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Hatsuho Kazami. And this is my daughter, Maho. We were just visiting my other daughter, but she kicked us out.”
 
“Yeah, she didn't want us around when her four-eyed freak husband came home,” Maho chimed in.
 
“It's nice to see you again Mrs. Kazami.,” Kaede asked.
 
“Oh, hello again, Kaede was it?”
 
“Yes. I want to thank you for that advice you gave me the first time we met. I didn't get a chance to properly thank you the last time I saw you.” The tall redhead began to blush fiercely.
 
“When did you see me besides that...oh yes, coming out of that nice love hotel,” Hatsuho said with a bit of a giggle. She was enjoying watching the shy girl turn various shades of red. “I'm sorry I didn't recognize you that time, but I was a little preoccupied with Kei over there. I'm glad to hear my advice helped you out.”
 
Kaede nodded and grabbed onto Hyosuke's arm.
 
It was Kei's turn to blush, remembering the “gift” she had given them. “I want all of you to know that nothing happened between Hatsuho and I that night.” He was trying to look stern, but all that happened was his blush got deeper.
 
“Yes, well, nothing was supposed to happen with me,” she paused to smile at the group. “But that doesn't mean the room I paid for went to waste...” She left it at that and looked upon the stunned faces of the entire crowd. Kei looked a strange combination of angry, embarrassed, and nervous, while the bandaged boy looked like he comprehended what she had implied. Maiku and the blonde boy were openly gaping at Kei, along with Kaede. The two young girls with Maiku just blushed madly at the thought of the love hotel, while the shortest girl of the group stared at her with a look of interest. The last girl had the most interesting reaction. She was embarrassed to be sure, but she also had a look of silent fury, with an intermingled sadness and tears threatening to break free at any moment. 'This must be the girl that has a crush on Kei. Well, it's going to get a whole lot harder on her in a few minutes.' “Well, we had better be going, come Maho.”
 
“Wait,” the last girl said to her. “You said you were visiting your daughter, right?”
 
“Yes...”
 
“And you also said your family name was Kazami, right?”
 
“Yes. Ms. Kazami, your teacher, is my daughter, if that's what you're wondering.”
 
Koishi's mind was going a mile a minute. She remembered seeing Kei and Hatsuho (although she hadn't know who at the time) entering the love hotel at the edge of town. Then Ms. Kazami had run up to her with this Maho in tow, who she now knew was her little sister. Ms. Kazami had demanded to know where Kei was, and had mentioned her mother at the time. Then there was later that night when they had caught a glimpse of their teacher walking with Kei before that UFO distracted them. Now a mention of Mizuho's husband, a “four-eyed freak boy” as Maho had referred to him, which could easily indicate Kei's glasses from a younger sister perspective. But Kei was their age, he couldn't be married. She dismissed the train of thought as one of paranoia and speculation. Looking up at the older woman, she said “sorry for stopping you. I was just curious, that's all.”
 
“It's quite alright. But we really do have to be running along. Goodbye everybody. Hope to see you soon my darling Maiku,” she couldn't resist one last jab at her latest teasing victim. She laughed as the two girls got in front of him with the sternest faces they could muster. “Have a good night,” she called over her shoulder as she walked away. Maho bowed and ran to catch up.
 
~~
 
The group was speechless for several moments, everyone wondering what the hell had just happened. Finally, the silence was broken.
 
“I never knew Miss Kazami was married,” Hyosuke said.
 
“She has a wedding ring tan line, if you'd ever bother to look,” Ichigo said. “Anyways, lets keep going.”
 
A very embarrased Maiku spoke up. “This is where we split up. I'll see you at club next week Matagu. Bye everyone.”
 
“Goodbye,” Miina and Karen said in unison. Then the trio of underclassmen began walking down the road towards the lake.
 
“Bye, enjoy your day off,” Koishi called after them.
 
“See you later Maiku,” Matagu shouted.
 
“C'mon, let's get moving already, I want to see this surprise you've got Kei,” Hyosuke chimed in enthusiastically.
 
“Right,” Kei answered. He started walking again, and when he got to the clinic his uncle ran, he didn't stop.
 
“Wait, isn't this your house, Kei,” Kaede said.
 
Preparing himself, he replied “No, that's my uncle's house. I live over here.” He kept walking and turned into the apartment building next door. “Please be quiet until we get inside, so we don't disturb my neighbors.”
 
The rest of his friends followed him silently towards the building. Kei led his friends up to the second floor, and stopped in front of room 201. Steadying his nerves, he opened the door. “I'm home,” he announced.
 
“Welcome home dear,” Mizuho's voice came from the kitchen. “Please invite our guests in.”
 
Kei looked back at his friends for the first time since they had entered the building. Matagu looked relatively calm, while Koishi looked ready to cry. Kaede and Hyosuke both had their mouths hanging open, and Ichigo looked like Ichigo. “Come in, please,” he said.
 
They slowly entered, and Kei showed them towards the living room. They took positions on the couch while Kei went towards the kitchen to help Mizuho with the snacks. No one said a word, they were all still in shock. A moment later, their hosts appeared with a tray of snacks and some tea. Mizuho poured a cup for everyone and they drank in silence. Finally, Mizuho broke the silence.
 
“I'm sure this is a huge shock to all of you. And I'm very sorry we didn't tell you sooner. We had very strict orders from the principle to keep it a secret. However, we are getting tired of hiding from you, and we wanted to tell you. The principle has given us his okay as well, but only if you promise to keep it a secret from the rest of our school. I realize we should have asked for your secrecy before telling you, but please, don't tell anyone.”
 
The group had calmed slightly, except for Koishi, who still looked ready to cry. Her tea sat finished on the small table, and her hands were clenching the fabric of her skirt. Looking at his friends, Kei spoke up next. “As you've guessed, Mizuho and I are married. We had been seeing each other since before she got her teaching position at our school, and on her second day, the principle caught us together having a private chat.” Kei was lying slightly, if only to avoid mentioning of Mizuho's unique heritage. “He was going to fire her, but we were able to diffuse the situation. However, it ended up speeding our plans along, as he pretty much forbade a teacher and a student from dating, no matter what the circumstances. Neither of us wanted to break apart, even for a moment, so we lied and told him we were married. That weekend we had a small ceremony at the church and made it official.” He looked at his wife and smiled, the memory of their wedding filling him with warm feelings.
 
Surprisingly, it was Kaede who spoke first out of the group. “But Kei, how can you be married? You just turned 16 last month.”
 
As Kei opened his mouth to answer, a soft yet firm voice from the side of the couch spoke up. “I can answer that one,” Ichigo said. “It's because of a disease he has. Think of it as your body shutting down on you when you get too stressed or depressed. Kei's body was shut down for 3 years, and he's actually 19 now.”
 
Everyone looked at her. Sure, Koishi and Matagu knew about their condition (not that Ichigo knew about Matagu) but no one in the room had expected her to come out and say it like that. “How do you know all that Ichigo? I've been his friend longer than you have and this is the first I've heard of it.”
 
Ichigo took a deep breath. “It's because I have the same disease. Kei found out about it a few years ago, right before he started going out with Koishi. That's kind of why he went with her, because he knew I wanted her to be happy, and I thought she'd be happy with him. It all kind of backfired though, but we came out stronger because of it, didn't we Koishi.” She looked at her friend, who nodded at her, still fighting back the tears.”
 
Kaede took her turn to speak. “But Ichigo, if you have the same disease, does that mean you shut down too?”
 
“Yes. Kei and I call them standstills though, for lack of a better term. As far as we know, there are no other cases in the world, but that doesn't mean that more people don't have them secretly. But yes, I had a nasty standstill that lasted for 6 years. I'm actually 22 years old.” She used up the last of her courage in telling them this, and slumped back onto the couch.
 
Finally, Koishi was able to force words out of her mouth. “It was always like this, wasn't it. From back before we ever dated, from before that time at the movie, you've been seeing her, haven't you. I know you always had a girl you cared about, but I naively thought it was me. I thought you were just shy or something. When you turned me down at the station, you gave me an honest, yet elusive answer, claiming your love for someone else who you couldn't tell me about. Why couldn't you tell me then who it was you loved. Ms. Kazami wasn't working for the school yet, so the principles decision to have you keep quiet shouldn't have mattered then.”
 
Kei looked at his friend, and everyone could see the sadness in his eyes. “Mainly it was because of my standstills, I wasn't ready to tell anyone about them. I came to this town to get a fresh start, since all of my old friends let their friendship with me die out while I was shut down. I wanted to start over.”
 
“But that doesn't explain why you didn't tell me any more than that.”
 
As Kei was about to open his mouth, a new voice filled the room, coming from the kitchen. “That's because Mr. Kusanagi here is the first life form we've discovered who has broken our sealing techniques.” All faces turned to see a man walk into the living room. He was dressed in a form fitting teal suit, with raised magenta patches and black cuffs. Hovering over his shoulder was a small...thing, that looked similar to the small floating creature they had all seen around town, except this one was teal, and didn't have an inner tube.
 
Ms. Kazami paled when she looked at him. “Galdrix...” she whispered, the words barely audible.
 
“Why, I'm so glad you remember me Mizuho. It's so nice to see you again, especially under these slightly better conditions.”
 
“Better conditions? I haven't seen you since the academy, unless you're still bitter I beat you in those sparring matches.”
 
“Oh, you didn't know? I was sitting in on your trial a year and a half ago. I can't blame you for missing me though, as you had a lot on your plate at the time, to be sure.” He was smirking at her, and enjoying the confused faces in the room.
 
“Wait, you're that guy I found in the woods yesterday!” Matagu practically shouted. “What happened to your poison ivy?” He had noticed that the man didn't have any bandages.
 
“Well, one of the benefits of my position is access to rather advanced healing technology. But I do thank you for the rescue. A bit of carelessness on my part, but in the end it worked out well. I was able to trace her here without much difficulty thanks to the proximity of the clinic.”
 
“What are you doing here, Galdrix,” Mizuho demanded.
 
“Oh, I think you know exactly what I'm doing here. You knew it was my aspiration to join the Marshals. I jumped at the chance to get to see why you did it. Besides, I'd never been here before, and it's not often we get missions out here. The fact that it was you just sweetened the deal. I knew your father was the reason you chose this place, but I wanted to know more, and your trial just didn't satisfy my curiosity.”
 
“You keep mentioning a trial. What was it for?” Ichigo asked.
 
“Oh, you want to know? What do you think, Mizuho, shall I tell them?”
 
“NO! Please, they know nothing of this. It's bad enough they had their memories sealed once. I don't want them to go through that again.”
 
“Oh, you know that it's quite painless, and can even make for happy times.”
 
“Please, I beg you.”
 
Galdrix looked at her and smirked. “A fugitive has no sway over what a Marshal can or can't tell someone.” He turned his attention back to the group. “Mizuho Kazami, Resident Observer on planet Delta-8228, stood trial on grounds of revealing her nature to an inhabitant of said planet, making physical contact with said inhabitant, and using the system to enter said inhabitants mental realm. Crimes worthy of capital punishment. She then vanished from house arrest and fled back to where she had committed her crimes: Earth.”
 
Mizuho was crying, clinging on to Kei. “Why, why Galdrix. You could have just come for me, you didn't have to tell them everything.”
 
“Oh, but it doesn't really matter, does it. Memory wipes are easy enough. But sadly, they won't get to enjoy the unknowing bliss. They have all had prolonged contact with you since their sealing, so we are all going to take a little trip back to headquarters to see what kind of effect it had on their psyches. Now we just get to sit here and wait for my back-up to arrive. My ship is no where near large enough to transport this many prisoners.”
 
The entire group was stunned. PRISONERS was the word on everyones mind. Matagu snapped out of it first. “Wait, does this mean that you and Ms. Kazami are alien life forms?”
 
“Give the boy a prize. He's a quick one, isn't he.”
 
“My whole life, I wanted to meet an alien, but not like this. Truly not like this.”
 
“Oh, but you've known an alien for the past 2 years, even if you can only remember the last 6 months or so.”
 
Ichigo recovered next. “You keep mentioning sealing, what do you mean.”
 
His smirk getting larger, he looked at the group. “About 2 years ago, Ms. Kazami first came to Earth and was was given the job of observing civilization on the planet, under the guise of a high school teacher. However, upon landing, she was immediately discovered by Mr. Kusanagi over there. I don't know the details, but I do know that while discussing the situation, they were discovered by a person of authority at the school, and subsequently lied to him about their marriage, which they made official the next day. As nice as that little tale they told you sounded, their first marriage was out of necessity, not love. A few months after that, Mr. Kusanagi fell into one of his 'standstills' and Mizuho used her ships control system to enter his mind. All the actions totaled up to her trial. Part of the verdict was to have the memories of everyone she had contacted on this planet sealed away. Mizuho escaped after a year and made her way here. We still have no idea how she did it. Soon after landing again, she was able to break the memory seal on her husband, and they set about remaking their lives together. A touching story for books, but not for a society governed by laws. Believe me when I say that Mizuho could very well be executed for this.”
 
At the term execution, the entire room gasped, save Mizuho who knew it would come to this if she was caught. She only sobbed harder and buried her face in Kei's shirt. Hearing the story, Koishi put 2 and 2 together and realized why Kei had never told her. She could no longer hold back the tears, and began crying into her hands. Kaede wrapped her in a hug while Hyosuke rubbed his girlfriends back. Matagu was speechless, and Ichigo was still trying to process all of the information she had just taken in.
 
“Ma-Mara-Ma” the little floating creature said.
 
“Ahh, well, I'm afraid question and answer time is over. My backup has arrived.”
 
~~
~~
 
A/N: I PROMISE I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS STORY I've just been having trouble figuring out what I wanted to happen. However, the muse has graced me and I should have a new chapter out soon. I'm working on a number of stories at the moment, and I finally have time to write them out since my schedule is pretty laid back this semester. With any luck, I'm shooting for weekly updates.
 
Also, if anyone would like to beta these for me, it would be a great help.