Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Challenge of the Samurai ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 4: Challenge of the Samurai

A few days had passed since Caterpie's evolution, Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu continue on with their Pokémon journey. Along the way Sora is challeged by a girl whom appears to be in her teens to a battle. The reason is, she just wanted to cuddle Sora's Pikachu if she won. The battle went underway.

"Are you ready for this, little boy?" The girl asked so smug.

"I am when you are," Sora countered.

"Go Sora!" Kairi cheered for him. "I know you can win!"

"I wonder what kind of Pokémon she'd send out?" Sora thought. "Better wait and see."

"Alright! Nido! Go!" The girl shouted when she threw her Pokéball. The Pokéball lets out a purple spiny rabbit Pokémon with a horn. Sora pulls out his Pokédex and points it at the Pokémon.

Nidoran Male, the Poison Pin Pokémon

Type: Poison

Nidoran Male has developed muscles for moving its ears. Thanks to them, the ears can be freely moved in any direction. Even the slightest sound does not escape this Pokémon's notice.

"A boy Nidoran," Sora said. "That's a cool Pokémon, there." Sora turned to Pikachu. "Ready Pikachu?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded.

"Go!" Sora shouted. Pikachu ran to the battlefield. "Start up with Thunder Shock!"

"PIKACHU!" Pikachu fired his electric attack right at the opposing Nidoran.

"Nido!" the girl shouted. "Dodge!" The Nidoran obeyed by running on his left. The attack missed its target. "Move on in with a Horn Attack!"

The male Nidoran ran towards Pikachu with the horn glowing.

"Pikachu! Move out the way!" Pikachu did exactly that before the Nidoran could hit him.

"Double Kick!" The male Nidoran jumped towards Pikachu and kicked him two times, but done in threes. Pikachu falls back, but he gets back up.

"Pikachu use Thunder Shock again!" Sora ordered.

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu shouted discharging the electricity at his target. The male Nidoran is hit by the blast and falls to the ground unable to continue.

"Ah! Nido!" The girl screamed. She was far from quitting. She drew back her male Nidoran into the Pokéball. And pulled out another one. "I'll show you! Nida! Teach him some manners!" She threw the Pokéball. That one lets out another rabbit-like Pokémon, but one was blue, and had smaller ears, and a smaller horn, and not as spiny. Sora pulled out his Pokédex again.

Nidoran Female, the Poison Pin Pokémon

Type: Poison

Nidoran Female has barbs that secrete a powerful poison. They are thought to have developed as protection for this small-bodied Pokémon. When enraged, it releases a horrible toxin from its horn

"Another Nidoran, and it's a girl," Sora commented.

"Nida! Use Poison Sting!" The girl ordered. The female Nidoran fired a barrage of purple poisonous barbs at her opponent.

"Pikachu! Dodge and Use Quick Attack!" Pikachu ran fast to dodge the attack. Pikachu charged into the female Nidoran.

"Scratch attack!" Nidoran started scratching Pikachu. Pikachu yelped in pain to the scratches.

"Pikachu!" Sora called. "Thunder Shock!"

"PIKACHU!" Pikachu shocked the female Nidoran and fell on her back.

"Come back, Nida!" The girl drew back her Pokémon. She started crying just because she lost. "WAH! YOU MEANIE! I JUST WANTED TO CUDDLE YOUR PIKACHU BECAUSE I WANTED ONE OF MY OWN."

Sora and Kairi looked at the girl. Kairi felt sorry for the poor girl. She walked over to Pikachu. Kairi held out her arm for Pikachu to climb up. Pikachu obliges by doing so. Kairi walked to the crying girl. She stops sobbing when Kairi taps her. She held Pikachu right in front of her.

"You can cuddle Pikachu to your heart's content if you want," Kairi said kindly.

"But," sob, "I lost," she said. She looked towards Sora.

"Win or lose, I would have let you anyway," Sora said. Pikachu winced at that whe he heard his trainer say that. The girl started cuddling Pikachu saying how cute he is.

Sora just chuckled remembering meeting Kairi. Kairi was more mature compared to this girl. The girl stopped cuddling Pikachu; the yellow Pokémon ran back to his trainer. Pikachu started to regret to agreeing to it.

"I'm sorry about that," the girl apologized. "That happens whenever I lost a battle."

"That's okay," Sora said. "We can't win every one of them.

"That's true," the girl said. "By the way, are you two a couple?"

Sora and Kairi both blushed at the question.

"No-no-no, we're not!" Sora said.

"We're just friends!" Kairi added.

"Aw, really?" The girl said slyly. "And why would a young boy and girl stroll through the forest? That's pretty romantic." Sora and Kairi blushed even redder. Steam seemed to sprout out of their heads. The girl just laughed. "I was just kidding."

Sora and Kairi glared at her, not finding it funny. The girl kept laughing.

"Pika," Pikachu chuckled.

The girl's laughter was cut short when they heard rustling in the shrubs. They all turned to look to where it was coming from. It was a dark yellow larva-like Pokémon with a bard on the top of its head and a stinger on its tail. It also had dark pink little feet and a big red nose. The girl screamed on the top of her lungs and ran up a nearby tree.

"Ahh! A bug! So gross! Keep it away!" The girl shouted.

"It's a Weedle," Sora said. Sora pulled his Pokédex out of pocket.

Weedle, the Hairy Bug Pokémon

Type: Bug/Poison

Weedle has an extremely acute sense of smell. It is capable of distinguishing its favorite kinds of leaves from those it dislikes just by sniffing with its big red nose.

"A Pokémon that has a nose that knows," Sora joked. Kairi rolled her eyes at the pun. While the girl dropped with the branch. The branch broke as she fell.

"That is pretty much tha lamest pun that I have ever heard!" The girl shrieked.

"Well, I thought that it was funny," Sora said in his defense. "Hey Pikachu! How about..."

Sora saw Pikachu laying down next to Kairi. Kairi kneeled down to Pikachu's level and picked him up.

"I think Pikachu is pooped from that last battle," Kairi pointed out.

"Oh, okay," Sora said. "I still have Pidgeotto and Metapod. So it shouldn't be too much of a hassle."

"I honestly don't understand why boys likes bugs so much," the girl pouted. "And how come she's not freaking out?" She looked down to her leg to see the same Weedle climbing up her leg. The girl started running whilst she screamed at the top of her voice. "I freaking hate bugs!"

Kairi just giggled at how a Weedle would freak her out. Most girls around Kairi's age would have ran off at the sight of bugs. But Kairi was one of those girls who can see that even a bug had inner beauty. She would consider a ladybug to be cute. And a butterfly to be beautiful.

Sora readies his Pokéball, he made the decision on which Pokémon would be appropriate for Weedle. And not repeating his mishap with Caterpie against Pidgeotto.

"Pidgeotto! I choose you!" the Pokéball opens and Pidgeotto appears before the little bug. "Pidgeotto! Start up with Gust!" Pidgeotto flaps his wings at a rapid pace, blowing Weedle in the small wind. Weedle tries to make a break for it, but Pidgeotto flies and dives at Weedle prevent it from escaping.

Meanwhile, the girl stopped running and started panting finally getting far away from Weedle. "I just don't get why I had to come to this stupid forest just to find a Pikachu. I only like cute Pokémon, not icky , slimy, and gross Bug Type Pokémon!" Through the trees, slowly steps a mysterious figure, wearing what appears to be a samurai's armor, with a katana on the side and carrying a net on his back. He drew the katana and popped out of his hiding spot. The samurai comes towards the girl letting his battle cry as held his sword in the air. The girl screams in terror fearing for life when her "attacker" just pointed his blade at the girl.

"Greetings, o' shrieking maiden," the samurai greeted. "Are you by chance a Pokémon trainer from the town of Pallet?"

"No-no-no," the girl said. "I mean, I am a Pokémon trainer, but I'm not from Pallet. Honest! Just please don't kill me!"

"Alas, my search continues," the samurai said sheathing his katana. He turns away and speaks, "I apologize for causing panic; but I advise you to refrain from further shrieking whilst passing through this forest. Unless your intention is to attract a hoarde of Beedrill your way."

"Okay," the girl okay said falling on her knees. The girl breathes heavily not believing that a boy dressed like a samurai would be looking for a trainer from Pallet Town. She didn't really care since she just wanted to get away. She got up on her feet and started to run very, very fast.

Back with Sora, Pidgeotto continues the assault, when Weedle lifts his head up and fired poison barbs similar to the female Nidoran fired at.

"Watch out!" Kairi called out. "He's using Poison Sting!"

Pidgeotto dodges the attack. Sora knew that Weedle was on the ropes now.

"Good work," Sora said. Sora got his Pokéball ready. "Pokéball! Go!" Sora threw the Pokéball at the little bug trapping it inside. The ball wobbles around for a few seconds before the ball had stars to swirl around confirming the catch. "Gotcha! I just got me a Weedle!"

"Way to go, Sora!" Kairi cheered.

"Pika Pika!" Pikachu also cheered.

Pidgeotto flew back next to Sora when he smiled turning around to face them. Then he saw a samurai with a net walking towards the group clapping his hands.

"An impressive catch," the samurai complimented. "But answer me this. Are you a trainer from the town of Pallet?"

"Yeah I am," Sora answered. The samurai smiled as his right eye glimmered. He placed his hand on the hilt of his katana and drew it. Kairi gave a loud gasp when she saw the sword.

"SORA!" Kairi shrieked. Her cries echoed throughout the forest. A big tree is seen covered with yellow dome-shaped Pokémon (Kakuna), with a bunch of Weedle in the branches and wasp-like Pokémon with with its forelegs tipped with tipped stingers (Beedrill). They were sleeping soundly when a cry is heard in the forest. Their eyes glow burning red as the swarm of Beedrill set off to attack whomever disturbed them.

"HIYA!" The samurai shouted pointed his blade at Sora. Kairi was scared out of her mind. She wondered who he was and what he want with Sora.

Sora was also intimidated. He felt like he was about to wet himself. His legs started shaking out of fear. And cold sweat ran down his face.

"Y-y-you don't scare me with that sword," Sora said still shaking. "You're not stealing my Pokémon."

"I am no Pokémon thief," the samurai assured him moving his sword away from him.

"Then who are you?!" Kairi asked him.

"You may call me Samurai," he introduced himself bending his sword, turning out that it was fake. "I am shrewd, fearless, and completely invincible in combat!" Samurai sheathed his sword. Kairi face turns face turns red and bashes his head with the branch that the girl Sora battled earlier held on before it broke as hard as she could. Even through the helmet, Samurai held his head in his hands feeling the lump forming.

Kairi panted very angrily as she held the branch.

"You shouldn't be scaring us swinging around a fake sword! We believed it was a real swordl!" Kairi yelled wanting to bash him again.

"I don't need to be lectured by some girl!" Samurai barked at her.

Sora not wanting a fight between them spoke up, "So, if you're not a thief, then what do you want from me?"

"Ah yes!" Samurai said remembering his goal, pulling out a Pokéball. "I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!"

"Wait a minute," Sora said. "You mean you just go around swinging a toy sword at people and challenge them to battle?"

"It is a sign of challenge," Samurai said. "Now shall we begin?"

Sora looks at Pidgeotto.

"Think you can still battle, Pidgeotto?" Sora asked. Pidgeotto chirps stating that he does. "Great! I'll be choosing Pidgeotto!"

"Very well," Samurai said before he threw his Pokéball. "Pinsir! Assume battle!" The Pokéball lets out a brown stag beetle like Pokémon with spiny pincers on the top of its head. This Pokémon's intimidated Kairi, not for its appearance, but at how strong it looked. Sora drew out his Pokédex and scanned this new Pokémon.

Pinsir, the Stag Beetle Pokémon

Type: Bug

Pinsir has a pair of massive horns. Protruding from the surface of these horns are thorns. These thorns are driven deeply into the foe's body when the pincer closes, making it tough for the foe to escape.

"Sora be careful," Kairi called him. "Pidgeotto may have the advantage in type, but Pinsir looks likes he's got more experience in battle!"

"Right!" Sora replied remaining confident. "Pidgeotto! Start up with Gust now!" Pidgeotto flapped his wings at a fast pace."

"We're not easy to intimidate!" Samurai said. "Pinsir! Dodge!" Pinsir barley evaded the hit. Pinsir's feet were caught in the breeze, but Pinsir bounced back landing on his claws. "Charge at Pidgeotto with X-Scissor!" Pinsir jumped at the bird Pokémon and swung his arm like a pair of scissors. Even though it wasn't very effective, it still landed a critical hit. The attack sent Pidgeotto flying to the ground Kairi ran to Pidgeotto.

"Are you alright, Pidgeotto?" Kairi asked concerned. Pidgeotto responded with a chirp. Samurai laughs.

"You should have heeded her advice, novice," Samurai gloated. That caused Sora to growl as he drew Pidgeotto's Pokéball. "Pidgeotto was a wise choice; but it was a novice compared to my Pinsir! Just like you!"

"Pidgeotto return!" Sora calls Pidgeotto back to his Pokéball. "You should rest now, Pidgeotto." Sora had to make his next move carefully. He couldn't use Weedle because it was weakened in battle.

"Are you ready to admit defeat?" Samurai asked.

"Not on your life!" Sora took Metapod's Pokéball and tossed it. "Metapod! It's your turn!" Metapod enters the battle. Samurai wasn't impressed.

"Is that the best you've got?" Samurai asked. "My Pinsir shall crush your Metapod like a grape! Pinsir use Vice Grip!"

Pinsir rushed to Metapod and grabbed the cocoon Pokémon in his pincers.

"Metapod! Harden!" Sora called out. Metapod's body started to shine as it was made of metal. Pinsir tried to put the squeeze on him, but it nothing.

"Pinsir! Seismic Toss!" Samurai ordered. Pinsir jumped in the air with Metapod still in the beetle Pokémon's pincers. He started to roll in the air and started to go in for a landing.

"Metapod! Wiggle your way out!" Sora shouted. Metapod started to move around so much, Pinsir was having trouble keeping a hold on his opponent. Metapod kept wriggling until Metapod forced Pinsir to open his pincers. Metapod landed on the ground with no problem, while Pinsir landed on his face. Pinsir got back up. Sora looked at Pinsir's pincers. An idea popped in his head. "Alright Metapod! Fire your String Shot at the pincers!"

Kairi, Pikachu, and Samurai were confused by what Sora just told Metapod to do. Metapod turned to face Pinsir and fired silk right out of hus nonexistent mouth. The silk starts coming in fast as Pinsir was caught in the blast.

"That won't work!" Samurai stated. "Pinsir! Use your Vice Grip again!" Pinsir tried to do that, but the silk was coming too fast. Pinsir tried to tear the string off, but there was too much too handle. "Pinsir! No!"

Kairi was amazed by what she just saw. She remembered the battle with Team Rocket. Metapod's previous stage did the exact same thing to their Ekans and Koffing.

"Way to go, Metapod!" Kairi cheered.

"Pika!" Pikachu shouted.

"Now! Tackle!" Sora ordered. Metapod charged at Pinsir, hitting the bigger bug Pokémon right on mark. Pinsir fell on his back with swirls at the eyes. "Who's the novice, now?" Sora asked smugly. Samurai growls, not believing that Pinsir lost to a Metapod.

"Hmph! Pinsir return!" Samurai called Pinsir back. "Immobilizing my Pinsir's main weapon was clever!" Samurai drew out another Pokéball and threw it. "Enter battle, my friend!" The Pokéball opens, as much to the surprise to Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu, Samurai has a Metapod of his own. "My Metapod is much stronger than yours!"

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch!" Sora said. "This battle is just getting started!"

"Then we shall end it!" Samurai stated. "Tackle!"

Samurai's Metapod charged at Sora's with force and determination.

"Harden!" Sora ordered. Sora's Metapod hardened his body. The hit did land, but it did little damage. The two Metapod kept going at it. Neither one being able to best the other. Kairi couldn't get her eyes off the scene.

"They're evenly matched," Kairi said in her thoughts. "It looks like this could go on for hours." The two Metapod kept going and going.

In another section of Viridian Forest, Team Rocket are traveling in a cardboard vehicle protecting them from Beedrill if they shall attack. Meowth is sitting on top while they're moving.

"I'm tired," James complained.

"Stop whining, James!" Jessie snapped at him.

"But Jessie, why are dragging this tank around?" James asked.

"It's to protect us from Beedrill," Jessie told him. "The stings from Beedrill are really painful. And also, they're poisonous."

"Hey down there! Quit chattering!" Meowth called to them. "Get a move on!"

"What are you doing up there, anyway?" Jessie asked.

"Why don't you come down here and help us out?" James also asked.

"I can't for two reasons," Meowth told the two humans. "One: I'm not tall enough. And two: Someone should keep a lookout!"

"Well lookout for this!" Both Jessie and James moved the tank making Meowth fall off. Meowth starts chasing after them. "Hey wait a second! MEOWTH!"

The battle between the Metapod continued on. They clashed into each other again. They push each other using the full force of their bodies. The battle was cut short when the group heard a buzzing sound in the distance. The buzzing grew louder and louder.

"What is that?" Kairi asked getting a real bad feeling.

"As I feared," Samurai started. "A hoard of Beedrill approaches. Our battle must end! Metapod return!" Samurai called his Metapod back to its Pokéball. Sora pulled his Pokédex.

Beedrill, the Poison Bee Pokémon

The evolved form of Kakuna

Type: Bug/Poison

Beedrill is extremely territorial. No one should ever approach its nest—this is for their own safety. If angered, they will attack in a furious swarm.

"Well they sound pretty angry to me," Sora said nervously.

"Either they're angered because you have captured one of their Weedle or some fool had invaded their nest!" Samurai said. "Good day!" Samurai started running.

One of the Beedrill grabbed Metapod.

"Metapod!" Sora shouted. Sora took his Pokéball to call him back. "Return now!" The beam fired only for Beedrill to shift. Sora was aghast when Metapod had been taken by the Beedrill. Another Beedrill charges at Sora with its forelegs pointing at him. Pikachu jumps and shocks both Sora and the Beedrill. The Beedrill flies off in a retreat. Kairi grabbed Sora by the arm.

"Sora! Let's get out of here!" Kairi said before dragging him. Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu started to run with a bunch more Beedrill coming at them. They caught up with Samurai, but the Beedrill were catching up too. "They're gaining on us!" Kairi said.

The group ran into a nearby shrub. The Beedrill passes by them unseen. That would be a relief. Or is it?

"Guys?" Sora spoke. Kairi, Pikachu, and Samurai looked at him. Before any of them could say anything, they all look at what Sora was pointing at. They all look at the tree covered with Kakuna and there were others hanging by a string.

"This must be their nest," Samurai pointed out.

Sora got curious about the Kakuna, so he pulled out his Pokédex again.

Kakuna, the Cocoon Pokémon

The evolved form of Weedle

Type: Bug/Poison

Kakuna remains virtually immobile as it clings to a tree. However, on the inside, it is extremely busy as it prepares for its coming evolution. This is evident from how hot the shell becomes to the touch.

Sora puts the Pokédex away and looks at the tree and spotted something out of the ordinary. It was Metapod placed among the Kakuna.

"There's Metapod!" Sora shouted. Kairi covered his mouth.

"Sora! Be quiet!" Kairi whispered in fear.

Unfortunately, they did notice the new visitors before them. Some of the Kakuna started to evolve into Beedrill.

The newly evolved Beedrill started to charge at the group. They started running for their very lives. Before long, more Beedrill started to appear and joined the pursuit. The group through the forest. A cabin is spotted nearby.

"That's my cabin!" Samurai shouted. "I believe we can make it!"

The group ran inside just before a few of them positioned their stingers for the killing blow. But they strike the door instead. The group were relieved. Kairi held onto Sora just as he did her. They pulled their stingers out and they remained outside, waiting for them to eventually come out. Once inside, Samurai took off his armor.

"That was a close one," Sora said still holding Kairi. "Are you alright, Kairi?"

"Yes I am," Kairi said. Sora could feel her trembling. "I'm sorry Sora. I'm sorry about Metapod."

"Kairi I-" Sora paused when Samurai approached them.

"You two should count yourselves lucky," Samurai scowled at them. "I can wager my armor all those Beedrill took your Metapod in an act of revenge!"

"What's that suppose to mean?" Sora snarled.

"There are Pokémon that won't take the capture of one their own too lightly!" Samurai stated. "I would never have done such a careless thing without thinking about the consequences that came with it!"

"Don't you dare blame Sora for this!" Kairi scolded Samurai. "This is all your fault to begin with!"

Samurai was offended by that remark.

"How dare you make such accusations towards me!" Samurai snapped at her.

"I dare because it's true!" Kairi said hotly. "If you haven't gone around swinging a plastic sword around like it was Feudal Japan, none of this would have happened!"

"I will not be lectured by a girl who knows nothing of the ways of Pokémon!" Samurai said. "The novice here abandoned his Metapod when he had a chance to rescue it. The other three from Pallet would never make such a careless mistake!"

"Other three?" Sora asked. "You mean you battled with Gary and the other two?"

"Indeed," Samurai said. "They were worthy Pokémon trainers. Though I lost to them, and they were more challenging than the last. But they were spectacular battles. I have been training for a fourth challenge. And that day finally came when you and I met. But I never thought it be one as foolish as you! It's my belief that you bested my Pinsir with sheer luck."

"Is that why you waited for Sora show up?" Kairi asked.

"Yes," Samurai said.

Night came, the Beedrill must have given up on waiting for the group to come out and went home. They were all asleep, all except Sora. Sora was worried about Metapod. The next morning Sora snuck out of the cabin without waking anyone up. Sora took out Weedle's Pokéball and let out Weedle. Weedle was rested up after the battle.

"Weedle," Sora said bending down to knee level. "I'm going to need your help. I need you to lead me to your old nest."

"Weedle, Weedle, Weedle," Weedle shook his head feeling scared. Sora placed his hand on Weedle's head. Weedle looked up to his new trainer.

"I know you're scared," Sora said. "I am too. But I need you to be brave for me. Metapod would need you to be brave. I wouldn't put you in this nasty position if I didn't need your help. Please."

Weedle could clearly see Sora has faith in him. Weedle set aside his fears and nodded.

"Weedle!" Weedle climbed on Sora's shoulder.

"I knew I could have faith in you!" Sora said. Weedle jumped off and started lead Sora to the Beedrill nest.

Not too long, Kairi shifted awake. She stood up and she could see Sora was gone.

"Sora?" Kairi looked around. She looked at Pikachu was still in the cabin with her and Samurai. She looks outside and sees fresh footprints leaving the cabin. "Sora. You're going after Metapod!" Kairi went to Samurai and shook him repeatedly. "Samurai! Wake up!"

"But mommy," Samurai said in his sleep. "I don't want to go to school today." Kairi slaps Samurai awake. "OW! What was that for?!"

"Sora went out to the Beedrill nest to rescue his Metapod!" Kairi said to him.

"That fool is as good as dead if he's heading there!" Samurai said. Kairi had heard enough.

"Shut up and listen!" Kairi scolded the bug trainer and waking Pikachu. "Sora loves his Pokémon dearly, just the same as you and those trainers from Pallet! Try to put yourself in his position! What if it was YOUR Metapod that got captured by those Beedrill!"

Samurai didn't know how to respond to that last part, but the rest started to sink in. I He knew Kairi was right; he'd do the same thing.

"Not too long ago," Kairi started, "Sora saved my life from two Pokémon hunters. He didn't even know me, but he still helped me! His Pikachu got hurt by their Spearow and then we took Pikachu to the Viridian City Pokémon Center to be treated! Sora even saved the Pokémon from the people who used their Pokémon to do bad things! Sora wouldn't abandon his Pokémon! And he wouldn't abandon me!"

Samurai looked into her eyes and saw how serious she is. Samurai hung his head in shame.

"You're right, Miss Kairi," Samurai said. Kairi was surprised to hear him call her by her name for the first time. "What happened yesterday was my fault. I guess I had gotten carried away with my approach. I had brought shame not only to myself, but to my own Pokémon. But the time to dwell on regrets will have to wait for now."

"Then let's go!" Kairi said. Just before she could head to the door, Samurai grabbed her hand.

"Wait!" Samurai said. "We will need proper protection before we go."

Samurai put on his armor and walked over to the box and opened it.

Over to the Beedrill nest, Sora with Weedle leading him through the grass, not making a sound. Not wanting to wake the Weedle, Kakuna, and Beedrill alll around. Sora has Metapod in his sight. His efforts are interrupted by Meowth when he stomps on his head.

"You wanna know what Meowth's favorite game is?" Meowth asked playfully.

"No, what?" Sora replied. Sora regretted asking that when Meowth scratched his face.

"Scartch and Sniffle!" Meowth cackled.

"Ow!" Sora bellowed. "You damn mangy cat!"

"Hey! I am not mangy!" Meowth said feeling offended. "And do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"Guess who?" James called.

"I don't know," Sora said sarcastically. "Mickey Mouse?"

"Wrong!" James said.

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the ev-"

"Your motto sucks!" Sora told them.

A vein bulged on Jessie's forehead making her angry.

"The motto does not suck!" Jessie snapped. "And never interrupt the Team Rocket motto!"

"Just how stupid are you?" Sora asked. Jessie cleared her throat and continued.

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"It looks like I'm about to get my answer," Sora said knowing he won't get them to shut up.

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! That's right!"

Two smoke bombs goes off waking the Pokémon in the area. The Beedrill woke up in a furious swarm.

"This is what you get when you ask a dumb question," Sora said.

"Weedle," Weedle agreed.

"Now just hand over Pikachu right now," Jessie said.

"Pikachu's not with me," Sora said. "And even if he was, you clowns wouldn't get him!" Sora then turns to the hairy bug Pokémon. "Weedle!"

"Weedle!" Weedle nodded. Weedle jumped Sora's head as he started running.

"Get back here!" Jessie called to him. Sora ignored her and kept running. Team Rocket ends up chasing after him.

"Okay Weedle, if you just fire String Shot at the Beedrill, some of them might get wrapped up, while the others can go after Team Rocket." Weedle positioned himself waiting for the word. Just as the Beedrill got close enough. "String Shot!" Weelde obliged by shooting the silk at his former comrades. As Sora predicted, the string hits the incoming Beedrill making them tangled up. Sora dives passed the wasp-like Pokémon. Team Rocket stops in their tracks when the Beedrill charges at Team Rocket.

"It's a good thing we have the tank to protect us!" Jessie said.

"And now is a good time to use it!" James agreed when he grabbed the tank. They all screamed when they saw the tank was being eaten by the other Weedle.

"Those Weedle are eating the tank!" Meowth yelped.

"I told you we should have made it out of metal!" Jessie snapped.

"It would have been too heavy to carry!" James said.

"Morons!" Meowth said.

The Beedrill chased Team Rocket right out of the area. They ran as fast as their feet could carry them. As the Beedrill caught up, they started to sting them causing them to yell in pain.

Sora made it to Metapod.

"Metapod," Sora sighed. "You're safe." Sora took out Metapod's Pokéball and held in front of the green Pokémon. "It'll be safer inside the Pokéball."

"Metapod. Metapod," Metapod shaking his sides in refusal.

"Metapod," Sora looked at Metapod with a saddened look on his face.

"Weedle!" Weedle yelped in warning!

Sora turned to see a Beedrill coming at them. Weedle climb aboard Sora's shoulder and Sora grabbed Metapod.

"Let's go!" Sora said when he started running. Sora ran as feet could carry with the extra weight to his lanky frame. Weedle fired Poison Sting at the dive-bombing Beedrill only to miss. Sora, not seeing the rock in front of him tripped and dropped Metapod and Weedle lands next to Metapod. "Metapod... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. Some Pokémon trainer I turned out to be. I left you here when you needed me. You trusted me. And shattered that trust. I don't blame you if you don't trust me anymore. But I promise I'll be a better trainer for you. Also for Pikachu, Pidgeotto, and for Weedle too."

Metapod looked at Sora with tears forming in his eyes. Weedle was also moved by his promise. Sora heard the buzzing of the Beedrill behind him. Sora turned to look when the Beedrill's forelegs started to glow. Kairi, Pikachu, and Samurai arrive at the scene in a protective net.

"Sora!" Kairi gasped in horror.

"That Beedrill is using Twineedle!" Samurai said.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

The Beedrill was getting closer to land the blow. Metapod jumps and takes the blow. Metapod starts falling to the ground when Metapod started to evolve. Everyone started to gasp at the wonderous sight. Metapod evolved into a Butterfree and starts flying for the first time.

"Ree! Ree!" Butterfree chirped.

"Butterfree," Sora said.

Kairi was happy for Sora. She smiled at the newly evolved Butterfree.

"He's beautiful," Kairi beamed.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

Sora pulled his Pokédex and held it to Butterfree.

Butterfree, the Butterfly Pokémon

The evolved form of Metapod

Type: Bug/Flying

Butterfree has a superior ability to search for delicious honey from flowers. It can even search out, extract, and carry honey from flowers that are blooming over six miles from its nest.

Sora puts his Pokédex away. Weedle looked at Butterfree at awe. Weedle wondered if he could fly so gracefully like the Butterfree before him or his former brethren. But the celebration had to wait because of the incoming Beedrill.

"Ree! Ree! Ree!" Butterfree said.

"Right," Sora nodded. "Weedle let Butterfree carry you!"

"Weedle!" Weedle nodded as Butterfree picked ul Weedle and started flying. The Beedrill started to charge at Butterfree and Weedle.

"Weedle! Poison Sting!" Weedle fired his attack at the Beedrill like a machinegun. They got hit and fell crashing down like airplanes. Others came from all around. "Butterfree! Use Confusion!"

"Ree!" Butterfree's red compound eyes glowed blue as Butterfree used his new attack on the Beedrill. When the attack hit, Some of the Beedrill got hit while others just got confused. Some of them started to turn each other. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Samurai, and the two Bug Types escaped during the ruckus.

Once they were safe Weedle started to move quite similar to Caterpie. Weedle started to evolve. Weedle had evolved into a Kakuna.

"Two evolutions in one day," Sora said. "Congratulations to the both of you."

"Ree!" Butterfree beamed.

"Kakuna," Kakuna said.

Kairi smiled for the both of them. She held out her arm. Butterfree obliged her. Sora could only blush watching the girl with the butterfly Pokémon on her arm. He pictured her in a meadow filled with flowers of all kinds and colors.

Kakuna smiled even though he didn't have a mouth.

Samurai walked up to him. Sora looked at him. Samurai cleared his throat.

"I owe you an apology, nov-," Samurai cleared his throat again to correct himself, "I mean Sora."

"You don't have to do that," Sora reassured him. "It's alright."

"No it is not," Samurai disagreed respectfully. "What I said yesterday was out of line. I had brought dishonor to my Pokémon and to myself. Miss Kairi has shared with me a tale of your brave deeds She had told me of how you have rescued her from two miscreants. Until I had heard it, I had thought you were foolish, but I realized that it was I who was foolish. I only wish I could make amends."

Sora knew the perfect way to do so.

"We never got to finish our battle," Sora said.

"How true it is," Samurai agreed. "I shall use my Metapod for our battle."

"And I'll be using Kakuna," Sora said. "This will be your official first Pokémon battle with me."

"Kuna," Kakuna said.

"Didn't he just have a battle as a Weedle?" Kairi asked.

"That really doesn't count," Sora said. Kairi giggled.

"I guess you're right," Kairi said.

A few minutes later, Samurai had already sent out Metapod, while Sora will be using Kakuna. The two trainers stared at each other with smiles on their faces. Kairi with Pikachu on her lap and Butterfree and Pidgeotto beside her decided to watch the battle.

"You shall have the honor of making the first attack," Samurai said.

"And I thank you," Sora replied. "Kakuna! Poison Sting!"

"Kakuna!" Kakuna fired his attack at the opposing Pokémon.

"Metapod! Use Harden!" Metapod obeyed by hardening its body. Poison Sting bounces right off. "Now move in for Tackle!" Metapod charges at Kakuna.

"Kakuna!" Sora called. "Jump and use String Shot!" Kakuna jumped out the way. Kakuna fired the string attack wrapping Metapod like a bow on a Christmas present. "Use Poison Sting!" Kakuna let out the attack hitting Metapod in the process.

"Metapod! Harden and then use Tackle!" Metapod used Harden and moved in for Tackle.

"Harden!" Sora ordered. Kakuna hardens himself just as Metapod's attack met hit. But a purple bubble comes out of Metapod's body.

Samurai was confident that Metapod's ability would kick in at any moment. "Tackle again!"

"Dodge it!" Kakuna jumped only for Metapod to miss. "Poison Sting!" Kakuna fired his attack in a similar way that he did with the Beedrill. Metapod could have used Harden or have its ability to take effect; but it was too late the attack covered Metapod with a dust cloud. Once cleared, Metapod was still standing. Was it enough? Metapod fell to its side. Samurai had lost the battle. Kairi and Sora's other Pokémon cheered for both Sora and Kakuna.

Metapod's body glowed in a lime green glow indicating that the ability had kicked in, but too late.

"Metapod!" Samurai ran up to the Pokémon. "Are you okay?"

"Metapod," Metapod responded sadly.

"Don't apologize," Samurai said kindly. "You battled honorably." He sets his sights onto Sora. "And the same can be said to you, Sora."

"You too," Sora said shaking his hand. "I enjoyed battling with you."

Samurai smiled, "As did I."

Kakuna started to evolve as well. Everyone just looked as Kakuna had evolved into a Beedrill.

"And Beedrill makes three," Sora said.

Beedrill buzzed as he flew around in the air.

"Kakuna must have gotten the extra boost from that battle," Kairi said.

"I think you're right," Sora agreed.

A few hours later, the group made it outside the Viridian Forest with Samurai's guide.

"Take this road and it shall lead you to Pewter City," Samurai said.

"Thanks," Sora said.

"Are you sure that you can't come with us?" Kairi asked.

"Your kind offer is appreciated," Samurai said. "But my place is here in the forest. But I look forward to the day we shall do battle again."

"And that's a promise," Sora said shaking Samurai's hand.

Just as they wave goodbye at Samurai, he smiles at the three of them. Mostly at Sora and Kairi.

"I have forged a newfound respect for you, Sora," Samurai said in his thoughts. "Not only you have good Pokémon as I now can see, but a maiden who shall always be beside you."

Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu take their leave of Viridian Forest. Sora didn't just get new Pokémon, but he's earned himself a new friend and rival. And Sora's Pokémon journey continues.

Sora has caught a Weedle and went through all three stages at once. Also a different twist of how that went. They'll be a different twist for Sora's very first Gym battle. Just sit back and wait for it.