Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Sora vs Riku ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 14: Sora vs Riku

Before I start the chapter, I would like to point out that this fic isn't going to be 100% in sync with the anime. There will be changes made like in some of my previous chapters. That includes cutting the St. Anne episode. Sorry for the misconception and confusion it may have caused. Also the The Trail Captains from Sun and Moon will be appearing in this chapter as Riku's friends, but they'll be joining Sora and Kairi along the journey.

It had been a couple of days since Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu left Vermilion City. So to get to Celadon City, they had to go through the rock tunnel just outside of Cerulean City. Along the way, they met up with trainers with pretty tough Pokémon trainers.

For example, they met up with an eccentric Pokémon trainer who loves Pokémon as much as Sora and Kairi, but more.

He wore a white lab coat with a green shirt underneath and red shorts. He also wore a red cap with an image a Pokéball on it. He pulled out a Pokéball, but it has a blue top with red accents.

"Porygon! Go!" the trainer threw the Great Ball letting out a Pokéball that looks very unusual. It looked blocky, and has a blue stomach, blue triangular prism feet, and a blue rectangular prism tail. It has a pink, polyhedral head that ends in a blue beak and has hexagonal eyes.

Sora looked at Kairi who just shrugged her shoulders as Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at the new Pokémon.

Porygon, the Virtual Pokémon

Type: Normal

A man-made Pokémon created using advanced scientific means. It can move freely in cyberspace. This Pokémon was introduced 20 years ago.

"Whao! Cyberspace? How cool!" Sora said. "This will be a fun battle!" Sora took out a Pokéball and threw it. "Charmander! Go!"

Pokéball lets out Charmander.

"Char, Char!" Charmander said entering battle.

"Porygon! Tackle!" the trainer called out. Porygon charged at Charmander.

"Charmander, dodge!" Sora called. Charmander ran to the side. "Scratch!" Charmander leaped towards Porygon and swipes the opposing Pokémon with his claws. The attack hits its mark. "Flamethrower!" Charmander takes his breath and unleashes his fire attack at Porygon. Porygon is taken back with the attack, but its trainer smirked at that.

"Conversion!" the trainer ordered. Porygon's body changed from pink and blue to red. Sora and Kairi looked at Porygon not knowing what just happened. "I know what you're thinking. Conversion makes Porygon into the Type that was last used against it. That means Porygon is now a Fire Type. Now use Tri-Attack!" Porygon forms a triangle from its beak and feet. Three circles one being blue, one being red, and one being yellow forms at the tips of the triangle. Porygon fires the attack as fire, ice, and electricity flows with it.

"Charmander! Get out of the way! Hurry!" Sora called out. Charmander to tried to run, but the blast was too great to avoid as he got hit. Charmander ended up being paralyzed as a result.

"Oh no! Charmander!" Kairi cried.

"Finish it with Psybeam!" Porygon fired Psybeam knocking Charmander out.

"Charmander return!" Sora calls Charmander back into his Pokéball and pulls out another. "Squirtle! Go!" Sora throws the Pokéball letting Squirtle out.

"Squirtle!" Squirtle said entering battle.

"Okay Porygon! Use Tri-attack again!" Porygon did exactly that firing the attack.

"Squirtle! Dodge that!" Sora called. Squirtle jumped out of the way using his tail as a spring. "Use your strongrst Water Gun!"

"Squirtle!" Squirtle lets out a huge Water Gun, taking Porygon in the blast. With that, the attack was Super-effective and Porygon was down for the count.

"Come back, Porygon!" The trainer said drawing Porygon back. He pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Let's go Koffing!" The Pokéball unleashes a Koffing, but it was different. This Koffing was in a teal coloring and it let out pink smoke. Also stars swirled around the Koffing as it was realized. Sora and Kairi were amazed by this Koffing's unique coloring. Sora pulled his Pokédex and pointed at the Koffing.

Koffing, the Poison Gas Pokémon

Type: Poison

Koffing embodies toxic substances. It mixes the toxins with raw garbage to set off a chemical reaction that results in a terribly powerful poison gas. The higher the temperature, the more gas is concocted by this Pokémon.

"This is the first time that I have ever seen a Shiny Pokémon," Kairi said.

"Me too," Sora added.

"Pika," Pikachu said also amazed.

"It's awesome isn't it?" the trainer said. "This Koffing is the pinnacle of awesome! Right Koffing?"

"Koffing!"

"Should we the show on the road?" Sora asked.

"We should!" Sora's challenger nodded. "Koffing! Gyro Ball!"

"Koffing!" Koffing charged at quirtle with great speed. Koffing spins its body surrounding it with a ring.

"Squirtle! Get out of the way!" Sora called out.

"Squirtle!" Squirtle tries to move out of the way in time, but he got hit with the attack.

"Use Skull Bash!" Sora ordered.

Squirtle lowered his head and ran towards Koffing while Koffing moves at Squirtle with another Gyro Ball.

The two attacks clashed creating a dust cloud. Sora covered his eyes with his arms, Pikachu held his ground and while Kairi held her skirt down. Once the dust cloud cleared Squirtle and Koffing were both knocked out.

"Ah! Koffing!" the trainer ran towards Koffing.

"Hey Squirtle," Sora ran up to Squirtle. "You doing okay?"

"Squirtle," Squirtle said sorrowful.

"Don't apologize," Sora said. "You should take it easy." Sora drew out Squirtle's Pokéball and drew him back inside.

"You did good, Koffing," the trainer said. He took his Koffing's Pokéball and called it back inside. "And you did too. Wanna continue with one more match?"

"Sure thing," Sora said before looking at Pikachu. "You ready Pikachu?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said when he entered battle.

"Then let's go then," the trainer said. "Mankey! Go!" he threw his Pokéball and it unleashed a Mankey. Sora pulled out his Pokédex once again and pointed at Mankey.

Mankey, the Pig Monkey Pokémon

Type: Fighting

When Mankey starts shaking and its nasal breathing turns rough, it's a sure sign that it is becoming angry. However, because it goes into a towering rage almost instantly, it is impossible for anyone to flee its wrath.

"Talking about anger issues," Sora joked. "Okay Pikachu! Go!

"Pika!" Pikachu rushed in.

"Mankey! Scratch!" Mankey charges to scratch Pikachu.

"Dodge with Agility!" Sora ordered.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu used his speed to avoid the pig monkey Pokémon's attack.

"Don't let Pikachu get away!" the trainer called. "Rock Tomb!"

Mankey slams its fist into the ground as rocks pops from the ground. One of the rocks hits Pikachu dead on.

"Pikachu!" Sora called.

"Careful Sora!" Kairi said. "Rock Tomb can cut Pikachu's speed when it hits."

Sora turned to Kairi and nodded. Looking at the rocks he got and idea.

"Pikachu! Use Quick Attack on the rocks!" Sora ordered.

"Pika!" Pikachu used his Quick Attack as he jumped from Rock to another.

The trainer didn't know what he was trying to do, but he figured that he'd do the same.

"Mankey! You climb on the rocks too!" The trainer ordered.

Mankey jumped on the rocks. Jumping off each one Mankey was getting closer to launch an attack. Once the two Pokémon were close to the touch...

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered.

"PIKACHU!" Pikachu let out a powerful Thunderbolt knocking Mankey through some of the rocks behind it. Mankey tried to get back up only to fall on the side.

"OH NO!" The trainer gasped.

Once the battle was over, the remaining rocks disappeared and the opposing trainer joins Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu for lunch.

"Thanks for the meal," the trainer said. "I didn't introduce myself first. The name's Lester."

"I'm Sora," Sora said introducing himself.

"And I'm Kairi," she introduced herself as well.

"I have got say that you're a tough trainer, Sora," Lester complimented. "Probably one of the toughest.

"I'm not that tough," Sora said scratching the back of his head.

Kairi giggled.

"Don't be so modest," Kairi said. "You battled your way and you never gave up."

"I guess," Sora said taking another bite of his sandwich.

"So where are you two heading, anyway?" Lester asked the two of them.

"Over to Celadon City," Sora answered. "We figured that we make it there by heading through the Rock Tunnel just outside of Cerulean City on the way."

"I know about that place," Lester said. "That place is said to be really dark. Just hope that you two don't end up getting lost in there."

"I'm sure that it was nothing compared to when we got lost on our way to Vermilion City," Kairi teased.

"Hey! I thought that we could get there fast enough!" Sora argued.

"I know," Kairi said. "Just teasing you."

She, Pikachu, and Lester laughed at that.

"Ha ha ha, very funny," Sora said sarcastically. "What about you, Lester? What brings you out here?"

"Well I'm on my way to Cerulean City just to check out the town, along with the Pokémon at the local Gym," Lester said.

"You sure love Pokémon a lot don't you?" Kairi asked.

"Yeah I do!" Lester admitted. "I loved Pokémon ever since I was little! There were times that I would pretend that I was one!"

Sora and Kairi just smiled and giggled to his enthusiasm for Pokémon.

"That's what Sora and I have in common," Kairi said.

"Yeah," Sora added.

"And I'll say that these are the best sandwiches that I have ever eaten," Lester said smiling.

"Thanks," Kairi blushed at Lester's compliment.

"Anything that Kairi makes always tastes so good," Sora said.

"My mom always said that the quickest way to win a man's heart is through his stomach," Lester said. "You'll make some guy happy one day."

"Yeah I guess," Kairi said with a blush.

"Just as long as it's with the right guy," Sora said to himself.

Sora began to fantasize about himself and Kairi getting married one day. Sora wore a white tuxedo while Kairi wore a white short skirt wedding dress. Pikachu wore a black tuxedo with Sora's Pokémon and mother in attendance. Delia is in tears watching her son and his bride on the altar exchanging their vows.

"Do you, Sora Ketchum," the priest started, "take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better and for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health til death do you part?"

"I Sora Ketchum," Sora started, "will always love, honor, and cherish you with all my heart and soul. I do. I do take this woman to be my lawfully wedded wife."

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife," the priest said. "You may now kiss the bride."

Sora and Kairi move in for the kiss to seal the deal, when Kairi spoke up.

"Sora. Sora. Sora!" Kairi said repeatedly. Sora snapped back to reality. "Sora! You awake?"

"Uh, yeah!" Sora said shaking off his wedding fantasy. "Good as always, Kairi!" Sora took big bite of his sandwich but soon regretted it when he started to choke.

"Is he okay?" Lester asked concerned.

"Pika," Pikachu facepalmed.

"Sora's choking!" Kairi said. She got behind him and started to give him the heimlich maneuver. With a few thrusts, Sora spat the obstructing piece from his throat. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah," Sora wheezed.

Kairi handed Sora a water bottle.

"Here's some water," Kairi said.

Sora drank the water slowly, but he stopped so that he could breath.

"Thanks Kairi," Sora said catching his breath.

"Went down the wrong pipe there, didn't it?" Lester pointed out.

"Honestly Sora," Kairi said. "You should chew before you swallow."

"Okay 'mom'," Sora joked. "And may be I could have some milk and cookies for an afternoon snack."

Kairi laughed as Sora stuck out his tongue, and Pikachu laughed along the two kids. Lester chuckled to himself watching the two of them.

"The way those two are going at it; it's almost like thery're married," Lester said in his thoughts.

Meanwhile over to Team Rocket.

"I can't believe even we got cut out of a chapter again!" James moaned.

"I seriously don't understand why he had to skip the ship episode, too!" Jessie added. "The author obviously has no taste for the classics!"

"Will you two shut up!" Meowth snapped at them. "The boss is expecting to hear from us!"

They entered a secret room. Once inside, the screen in the secret room turns on to reveal a man within his thirties to forties wearing an orange business suit, with a yellow shirt and green vest underneath.

"Mr. Giovanni, sir," Jessie, James, and Meowth greeted.

"You are over due," Giovanni said. "I would like to know if you have found any Pokémon that is worth anything?"

"Well sir," Jessie said. "We are currently in pursuit of an extraordinary Pikachu."

"So we made it our mission to catch it for you," James added.

"You spent your time trying to capture one Pokémon when there are plenty of others that could be out there?" Giovanni asked unconvinced.

"The Pikachu we're in pursuit of is the possession of two kids," Jessie explained. "A boy and a girl. But our efforts had been thwarted."

"You mean to tell me that you three have been defeated by mere children?" Giovanni asked.

"Um..." Jessie, James, and Meowth paused.

Just then a cream colored cat-like Pokémon came in; it had round ears, three whiskers on the side, and a red jewel on the forehead. It rubbed against its owner as he started petting it. Meowth was shocked to see the new cat in place.

"Hey boss, what's with the Persian?" Meowth asked disheartened.

"Your failures disappoint me greatly," Giovanni said petting the Persian. "I expect perfection from my ranks. Perfection like this beautiful Persian. I don't care what kind of Pokémon you bring me; just bring me any Pokémon! Because if you three continue to disappoint me, I will see to it that you imbeciles are scrubbing toilets for a living for the rest of your miserable lives!"

"Y-yes sir," Jessie, James, and Meowth said shaking.

The transmission ends with all of them sweating frantically.

After a couple of days, Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu had made it to Cerulean City, but decided to take a breather so that Kairi could replenish their supplies and Sora had to get his Pokémon checked up.

Elsewhere in Cerulean City, a truck pulls up. The driver gets out and opens the back. The Rockruff from before runs out of the truck.

"What the?!" the driver exclaimed. "Get out of there!"

Rockruff runs through the city. Rockruff looks around the unfamiliar sight, seeing how everything is different campared to the Alolan Islands it was used to. The lone Rockruff spotted Riku and his Eevee walking down the streets, so he followed him.

Riku entered the Pokémon Center preparing to have his Pokémon healed up. He spotted Sora and Pikachu on the bench. Naturally he walked up to him.

Sora sat on the bench waiting for Kairi to return with the supplies when he's approached from behind.

"Hey," Riku called grabbing Sora's attention. Sora turned to see a silver haired boy with an Eevee with his exact hairstyle in front of him. "Is that Pikachu yours?"

"Yes Pikachu is mine," Sora answered. "But I could ask about that Eevee."

"He is," Riku said. Eevee jumped off his trainer's shoulder and landed to face Pikachu.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu greeted holding out his paw. Eevee just stared at Pikachu for a moment. "Pika," Pikachu kept holding out his paw for a response. Eevee just turned and returned to Riku's side.

"Your Eevee isn't too friendly is he?" Sora asked.

"Eevee only opens up with me," Riku said. "He dosen't socialize much with other Pokémon. Neither with people."

Sora pulled out his Pokédex and pointed at the Eevee.

Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon

Type: Normal

Eevee has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to the environment in which it lives. Radiation from various stones causes this Pokémon to evolve.

"Aw man Eevee is a pretty cool Pokémon," Sora said. "Even when he can evolve into more than one form."

"Well Eevee was my first Pokémon," Riku said. "Anyway, I should just introduce myself. The name's Riku."

"Sora," Sora said. "Where did you get your Eevee anyway?" Sora asked curious.

"I first got him from Professor Kukui," Riku answered. "He has a lab on Melemele Island."

"Melemele Island?" Sora asked not understanding.

"It's one of the islands that makes up the Alola Region," Riku explained. "That's where I lived my whole life."

"That's pretty cool," Sora said.

"Thanks," Riku said. "Where are you from?"

"Pallet Town," Sora answered. That struck a cord with Riku. He was talking to a trainer who happens to be from Pallet Town just the same as Gary and the other two.

Just then, Kairi had entered the Pokémon Center, but not far behind, the Rockruff followed Riku by smelling his scent. Rockruff took one step opening the automatic doors. Rockruff steps back and the doors closes. Rockruff steps forward again and the doors open. Rockruff steps inside.

"Hey Sora!" Kairi called out to Sora grabbing his and Riku's attention. "Sorry it took so long. A long line." Kairi took notice of Riku. " Oh! Who's this?" Riku and Eevee looked back and forth and Sora and Kairi. A grin began to form on his face. Eevee shared his expression.

"Hey Kairi," Sora greeted. "This is Riku. Just met him."

"Good to meet you, Kairi," Riku took out his hand.

"You too," Kairi obliged him and shook his hand. She saw the Eevee on his shoulder and her heart just melted at the sight of the little Pokémon on Riku's side. "Oh my gosh! An Eevee! Oh he's so cute! And that hairstyle just makes him even cuter!"

Kairi attempted to pick Eevee up, but the little brown Pokémon jumps and climbs back to Riku's shoulder.

"Eevee isn't too sociable," Riku said.

Pikachu felt a little jealous since he liked it when Kairi would fawn over how cute he is. Sparks starts to generate from his cheeks.

In the Pokémon Center, Rockruff looks around passing some of the other people and Pokémon inside. But stops when something caught his eye. A spikey-headed boy with a crown necklace. Rockruff instantly took a liking to the boy and ran up to him.

With a loud bark, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Pikachu, and Eevee turned to see a puppy-like Pokémon run up to the group.

"What is a Rockruff doing here?" Riku asked.

"A what?" Sora asked. And before Sora could take out his Pokédex, Rockruff jumps onto Sora and began to lick his face affectionately. "Stop it!" Sora laughed. "That also hurts too!"

"Oh such a little cutie!" Kairi gushed. Kairi took out a piece of Pokémon food. When Rockruff stops licking Sora's face, Rockruff sniffed the food in the girl's hand and took a bite. Finding it to its liking, Rockruff jumps on Kairi and started to lick her too. Kairi laughed as the little Pokémon licked her just as affectionately as Sora. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at the Rockruff.

Rockruff, the Puppy Pokémon

Type: Rock

When it rubs the rocks on its neck against you, that's proof of its love for you. However, the rocks are sharp, so the gesture is quite painful! As they develop, their disposition grows more violent and aggressive. Rockfuff will stick to its trainer's side whenever the trainer is down in the dumps.

"Now that's a loyal Pokémon," Sora said.

Rockruff looked at Sora again standing on its hind legs begging for attention. Sora obliged the Pokémon by scratching it behind the ears.

"Rockruff don't normally inhabit the Kanto region," Riku pointed out. "I have only seen Rockruff in the Alola region. I just don't know how it got here."

"Eevee," Eevee said.

Apparently, Rockruff does. Rockruff was out looking for some food when it spotted some sausages in a crate. Without thinking twice, Rockruff rushed over to the crate and started to chow down on the meat.

Later on in Vermilion City, Rockruff snuck climbed into an empty box and ended up being shipped off to Cerulean City without anybody knowing. And by that time, Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu had already arrived.

"Pika!" Pikachu greeted. Rockruff barked at the greeting.

"Looks like you made a new friend, Pikachu," Sora said.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

Kairi picked Rockruff and started to rub the puppy Pokémon's head. Rockruff found the petting to its liking.

"He's really cute," Kairi said. "Since Rockruff dosen't belong to Riku, I think you should take Rockruff as your own!"

"Now hold on a sec!" Sora said. "We don't even know if Rockruff belongs to someone! You sure that he's not yours?"

"I would know if it was," Riku said. "Besides, it looks like a wild Rockruff anyway."

"Well anyway," Sora stated. "It still wouldn't feel right just taking someone else's Pokémon. I can imagine how his trainer is looking for him."

Sora looked at Kairi as she placed Rockruff down and rubbed his belly. Sora knew in definitely he wasn't going to win this argument. But he still had to consider it later. But he had to admit that he found it cute to see Kairi play with Rockruff like that. Sora's blush returned with a vengeance.

Riku noticed the blush as he smirked. Eevee jumped off Riku's shoulder and looked at Pikachu.

"Are those two dating or what?" - Eevee subtitle.

"Not yet. But I did notice how my trainer looked at her with that dreamy look on his face." - Pikachu laughs. -"Even his other Pokémon noticed it." Pikachu subtitle.

Pikachu laughed again as Eevee looked at Pikachu with a straight face.

Riku looked at his Eevee seeing how he got along with Sora's Pikachu in his way.

"Hey Sora," Riku said. Sora looked at Riku with his blush disappearing. "You don't mind that I speak with you alone for a bit, do you?"

"No," Sora said. "Kairi is preoccupied at the moment, I doubt she'll even notice."

Kairi started laughing as Rockruff started to lick her face affectionately again. Despite the pain from Rockruff's little rocks at the neck, she giggled at the licks.

"Great!" Riku said. He and Sora walked through the halls of the Pokémon Center making sure that they were completely alone Riku spoke up. "Okay spill it."

"Spill what?" Sora asked not understanding.

"Don't be so coy," Riku smirked. "I saw your goofy looking face in there. Your cheeks were red as your Pikachu's cheeks. You two are dating. I just know it!"

Sora blushed at that. And his heart started to beatfing at what he said he noticed.

"We're not dating!" Sora defended. "We're just friends!" Sora stated turning his back crossing his arms. Riku wasn't buying it.

"Just friends?" Riku teased. "So just how did you two crazy kids meet?"

"I met her by accident actually," Sora explained.

"What do you mean by accident?" Riku asked. "What happened?"

"Kairi was kidnapped by a couple of Pokémon hunters," Sora said. "It was after she let one of the Pokémon they had already had in a cage get away. I did the same thing letting out a caged Pidgey. And that was when those guys showed up and sicced their Spearow on me and Pikachu. We stumbled on their camp. Kairi was in a burlap sack and I got her out. So we got away, but their flock of Spearow chased after us, but they hurt Pikachu pretty bad. When those guys caught up with us, I told Kairi not to let anything happen to Pikachu no matter what. But Pikachu just ran to my side and unleashed a powerful electric attack sending the hunters and their Spearow back. Pikachu ended up in bad shape after that. We made it to the Pokémon Center in Viridian City on time, so Kairi made contact with her grandma and we've been traveling together since."

"That's quite a story," Riku said. "I guess I'd do the same for Eevee if something like that happened."

"Just as any trainer would have," Sora said.

Riku looked at Sora and got an idea.

"Hey Sora," Riku said.

"Hm?" Sora turned to Riku.

"How about that we have a battle tomorrow morning?" Riku challenged. "I want to see what you've got."

Sora smirked at that.

"Well you're going to find out," Sora said.

The two boys sealed the deal with a hardy handshake.

"Don't think that I'm going to go easy on you just because we're friends now," Riku said.

"I don't want you to," Sora said.

"Remember, no chickening out of it," Riku said.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Sora said.

That night, Kairi is fast asleep on the top bunk with Rockruff in her arms while Sora could hardly sleep thinking about the battle in the morning. Sora wondered how tough are trainers from Alola can be. He slowly shut his eyes and went to sleep.

On the very next morning, Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu joined by Rockruff met Riku and his Eevee in the local park. But Riku wasn't alone. He was accompanied by some other people. One is a girl with long blonde hair and wearing a white dress and hat. Another is a short chubby boy with orange hair and brown eyes, wearing a yellow scarf shaped like Pikachu's tail, and his white shirt with a Gameboy color printed on it and brown pants with a belt with badge at the waist and green shoes with lightning designs and blue soles. Another is a dark skinned teenage boy with a muscular build, He has orange and brown hair, in a style resembling fire. He wears red shorts with a black outline and sandals with the same color scheme and he's wearing no shirt, though he does have some black cloth strips on his shoulders bound to his necklace, which has a small badge and feather decorations. Another is a girl with blue eyes and hair, the latter in which she wears a yellow decoration. She wears a white sleeveless shirt with a dark blue undershirt and a short cape behind her back. She also wears blue pants with a wave pattern tightened by a yellow line, which also has a badge attached, and also wears a pair of blue flip-flops. Another is a tanned skinned girl who adorns a pink flower in her green hair and has green eyes. She wears a pink sleeveless shirt with light teal overalls. She wears light teal denim shorts and green shoes with small dark green bows. She also has a golden clover-shaped badge on her waist. Another is a girl with purple hair and eyes. She wears a patchy dress of black, dark purple, and light purple, with two ribbons coming from her back, a gold arm band on her left forearm and light purple sandals. Her hair is a rather messy short bob with her bangs collected in a small ponytail, just above her forehead with a golden clover-shaped badge. Another is a girl with grey eyes, black hair and grey gloves. She wears a khaki outfit, with purple kneecaps, black boots and a purple bonnet. Also, she has a purple scarf around her neck, and carries a purple bag around her waist. Another is a slender young man with dark skin, medium length light pink hair and light blue eyes, donning a brownish vest with a diamond-like pattern on it, along with a white undershirt, long white pants, brown and white shoes, blue socks, a blue bag strapped to his pants, and a glove on his left hand. And finally is a girl with ash-blonde hair with pink paint splattered on the sides and grey eyes. Her face is marked with pink paint and often has a sort of relaxed and calm expression on her face. Her shirt is beige with a camouflage pattern of pastel green and pink paints. Her jeans and sneakers are grey: the former are a bit ripped. She carries a grey bag with all her painting supplies and paintbrushes so that she could paint wherever she goes. She wears a charm as a ring on her right index finger.

Sora and Kairi looked at the new kids and wondered who they were.

"Friends of yours?" Sora asked.

"Sure are," Riku stated. "Let me introduce you to Lillie."

"H-hello," Lillie greeted.

"The short kid here is Sophocles," Riku introduced.

"Hey!" Sophocles said giving a thumbs up.

"This guy here without a shirt is Kiawe," Riku said as he waved. "The girl with blue hair is Lana and the one with the green hair is Mallow."

"Hello," Lana smiled.

"It's nice to meet you!" Mallow greeted.

"This girl here in the purple is Acerola. This guy here is Illima. The girl here in the bonnet is Hapu and the girl with pink paint is Mina," Riku concluded.

"A pleasure to meet you," Illima greeted.

"I'm Sora," Sora introduced.

"And I'm Kairi," Kairi introduced as well.

"Pika!"

"So how do you all know each other?" Sora asked.

"We all knew Riku when we were all in class together," Kiawe explained.

"Is that right?" Sora stroked his chin.

"And we've been good friends with him ever since," Lillie said.

"So we came over to the Kanto Region to surprise him," Sophocles added.

"But we have to ask you something," Mallow said. "Are you two a couple?"

Sora and Kairi blushed when they were asked that.

"N-n-no!" Sora and Kari exclaimed at once.

Acerola looked at Mina. Mina nods whike she smiles lazily.

"I'm sure that you are," Illima stated. "Because you answered together!"

Riku and his former classmates laughed while Sora and Kairi blushed.

"Okay, okay," Riku said. "I was surprised to see them here, but I told them that I was going to battle you they wanted to watch. Are you ready, Sora?"

"Anytime!" Sora proclaimed.

"Go get 'em, Sora!" Kairi cheered.

"Let's go!" Sora and Riku said at once.

Riku took out a Pokéball and threw it.

"Salandit! Go!"

The Pokéball releases a dark gray lizard-like Pokémon with a black head, black feet, and a orange-red line going down from its back to its tail. The marking on its back splits into short lines with round tips on its pulled oit his Pokédex and pointed at the new Pokémon.

Salandit, the Toxic Lizard Pokémon

Type: Poison/Fire

It burns its bodily fluids to create a poisonous gas. When its enemies become disoriented from inhaling the gas, it attacks them. Only the females of the species can evolve.

"So a Poison and Fire Type, huh?" Sora said taking out a Pokéball. "I know just the one to put out that fire! Squirtle! Go!"

Sora threw the Pokéball let out Squirtle.

"Squirtle!" Squirtle said entering battle. Suddenly, Salandit shook its tail as a poison cloud hits Squirtle. Purple bubbles began coming out of his body.

"What was that?" Kairi asked surprised.

"That was Corrosion," Lillie explained. "It's an ablity that allows any Pokémon to be poisoned. Even Poison and Steel Types."

"Oh," Kairi was definitely worried abou this now.

"A little poison never hurt anyone!" Sora said. "Squirtle! Water Gun!"

"Squirtle!" Squirtle fired his Water Gun at the opoosing Salandit.

"Salandit dodge that!" Riku ordered. Salandit moved to the side. "Shadow Claw!"

Salandit's claw forms a shadow and swipes at the poisoned turtle Pokémon. Squirtle retreats in his shell, but regains balance.

"Tackle!" Sora ordered. Squirtle charged at Salandit with great force. Salandit tried to move, but the move hit Salandit right on mark.

"Dragon Rage!" Riku ordered. A purple ball of fire came out of Salandit's mouth and hits Squirtle. "Finish it with Flame Burst!"

Salandit forms a big fireball and sends it towards Squirtle.

"Dodge and use Water Gun!" Squirtle moved and fired Water Gun, but the blast hits Squirtle on the side. Squirtle falls on the back of his shell knocked out. "Squirtle return!" Sora drew Squirtle back in. "You tried your best, Squirtle. You should rest up."

"Not bad on your first try," Riku said. "Salandit return!" Riku called Salandit back into its Pokéball. He drew out another one. "Here's another bit of Alolan hospitality. Lycanroc! Go!" Riku threw the Pokéball and it lets out a red wolf-like Pokémon, standing on its hind legs with white fur on its paws, legs, underbelly, face, and tail. It also had pointed buttoned ears with black tips, pinkish red eyes and out of its mane is with a sharp tip and small rocks resembeling claws at the side of the body. The wolf Pokémon howls as it makes its appearance. Kairi was suddenly intimidated by this Pokémon's appearance. Rockruff starts barking at the new wolf Pokémon. Sora pulled his Pokédex again and pointed it at the new Pokémon.

Lycanroc Midnight Form, the Wolf Pokémon

The evolved form of Rockruff

Type: Rock

It goads its enemies into attacking, withstands the hits, and in return, delivers a headbutt, crushing their bones with its rocky mane. The more intimidating the opponent it faces, the more this Pokémon's blood boils. It will attack with no regard for its own safety. This form only occurs when Rockruff evolves at night.

"At night?" Sora said to himself.

"Lycanroc is one of my toughest Pokémon," Riku said. "Not many can take him down."

"We'll see about that!" Sora said taking out another Pokéball. "Bulbasaur! Go!" Sora threw the Pokéball letting out Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbsaur said getting ready for battle.

"So another one," Riku said unimpressed. "Got it hand it to you, Sora. Using Bulbasaur against Lycanroc is a good call. Dosen't mean that it'll be enough."

"Bulbasaur! Vine Whip!" Sora ordered.

"Bulba!" Bulbasaur said using Vine Whip to hit Lynacnroc. The wolf Pokémon grabs the vines with its paws and swings Bulbasaur around.

"Okay use Crush Claw!" Riku ordered. Lycanroc charged at Bulbasaur with its claws to swing at Bulbasaur.

"Razor Leaf!" Sora ordered. Bulbasaur released a barrage of leaves at Lycanroc only to jump out of the way and and land the blow. Bulbasaur didn't have time to dodge, while the claw swung at the Grass starter knocking him out. Sora took his Pokéball. "Bulbasaur! Return!" Sora called Bulbasaur back.

As Kairi watched the battle, she could tell how well Riku raised his Pokémon. Riku's former classmates knew Lycanroc was obviously more experienced in a battle.

"Lycanroc return!" Riku called Lycanroc back. "You wanna call it quits?"

"Not on your life, Riku," Sora said. "I still have my Pikachu!"

"Pika!" Pikachu said ready to battle.

"Then I'll use Eevee," Riku said as Eevee was also ready to battle. Riku smirked as he gave the first move. "Eevee go! Quick Attack!

"Eevee!" Eevee ran with lightning fast speed.

"Pikachu! You use Quick Attack too!"

Pikachu ran at the same speed as Eevee. They both clashed into each other knocking each other off balace.

"Shake it off!" Riku called out. "Use Shadow Ball!"

Eevee shot Shadow Ball right at Pikachu.

"Iron Tail!" Sora shouted.

"Pika!" Pikachu swung the Shadow Ball with the might of the Iron Tail, cutting it open like a watermelon.

"Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered.

"Dig!" Riku ordered.

Eevee dug through the earth digging as fast as his little paws could go. The Thunderbolt missed.

"Keep your cool, Pikachu!" Sora called. "Eevee could pop anywhere in any moment!"

Pikachu looked around to where Eevee could strike. Riku waited for a moment. He made the call.

"Now! Swift!" Eevee jumped out of the ground and sent a barrage of stars at Pikachu. Sora suddenly remembered an old trick he used during his battle with Misty. He wondered if he could pull it off again. Only one way to find out.

"Pikachu! Quick Attack!" Sora ordered. Pikachu started to run as fast as he could go.

Riku's former classmates were confused by this.

"What is he doing?" Hapu asked.

"He knows Swift can't be outran, right?" Kiawe pointed out.

"He's not trying to," Kairi said grabbing their attention. "He pulled this off before! It was during the last time we were here. Sora's trying to pull that same trick again!"

"Really?!" Acerola exclaimed surprised.

"Now that sounds cool!" Sophocles said.

They all wondered about how that battle turned out.

The stars continue to follow Pikachu. As soon as he stopped. Eevee's Swift attack quickly gained on the mouse Pokémon. Riku couldn't believe what he just saw Pikachu do.

"Now move!" Sora ordered as Pikachu dove to the side letting Eevee take the hit. That created a dust cloud. Once it cleared Eevee still stood there. Eevee was hurt by the move. "Iron Tail!"

"Pika! Pika! Pika! Pika!" Pikachu swung the Iron Tail at Eevee. But Eevee jumped out of the way catching Sora and Pikachu off guard.

"Using my Eevee's Swift against him was a good move," Riku said. "But it'll take more than that to take Eevee down! Quick Attack, then follow with Shadow Ball and Swift!"

Eevee ran fast right at Pikachu. Pikachu could have dodged, but he was too tired from all the running he did with Swift. Eevee fired Swift and Shadow Ball right at Pikachu. Having enough, Pikachu fell on his stomach totally beaten. Sora clearly lost.

"I lost," Sora whispered falling on his knees.

Riku walked up to Sora and looked at him.

"You're a good trainer," Riku complimented. "But you're still not good enough to beat me." Sora stood up and shook Riku's hand.

"Well next time, I'll have to try harder," Sora said.

"I hope so, Sora," Riku said. He moved in and whispered to Sora's ear. "Just be a man and tell Kairi that you love her."

Riku laughed as he blushed again.

Riku and his classmates wanted to catch up with him, but he said he other things to do so he left them. He waved goodbye to his old and new friends. Sora didn't just gain a new friend, but a new rival as well. Rockruff watched the battle and felt inspired. He ran up to Sora and rubbed his muzzle against Sora's leg. Sora looked down.

"It looks like that Rockruff wants to be your Pokémon," Kairi said.

"You sure about that?" Sora asked.

"I think so," Lana said.

"Rockruff obviously wants to get stronger," Kiawe said.

"So why else would he choose you?" Mallow stated.

"I think you're right," Sora said. "But you'll have to through the initiation first!"

Rockruff got in position ready to battle. Sora unleashes Sandshrew since Ground Types has an advantage over Rock Types. Kairi and the others watched. Pikachu being held by Kairi watched with anticipation.

Rockruff starts up by charging at Sandshrew.

"Sandshrew! Dig!" Sora ordered. Sandshrew dug into the earth. Rockruff looked around before Sandshrew came out of the ground and struck Rockruff with his claw. Rockruff tries to Bite, but Rockruff missed as Sandshrew rolled out the way. "Metal Claw!" Sandshrew's claws became as hard as metal and swung at Rockruff.

"Super effective!" Sophocles said.

Rockruff looked tired enough, so Sora drew out a Pokéball and threw it at Rockruff. The little puppy flows inside. The Pokéball starts to wobble back and forth then stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch.

"Gotcha!" Sora cheered. "Rockruff is mine!"

"Way to go, Sora!" Kairi cheered.

"Such a good catch," Illima said.

"Thanks," Sora said smiling. The Pokéball then transfers over to Professor Oak's lab since he has six in his procession. Sora looks at the new kids in front of him. "So what you guys gonna do now?"

They all looked at each other and smiled.

"We were wondering if we could accompany the two of you," Lillie said.

Sora and Kairi were caught off guard with that one.

"What?" Sora asked.

"Even though you lost we saw how amazing you are," Acerola said.

"And we also want to get to know you better too," Mina said lazily.

Sora and Kairi looked at each other and giggled.

"I guess there's no harm in that," Sora said.

"It's always good to have more friends to talk to," Kairi added.

"Hey, is talking to me too boring for you?" Sora said jokingly.

Kairi giggled at that.

"You think that there's something going on with them?" Kiawe whispered to Mallow.

Mallow giggled when asked that.

"I'll say there is," Mallow said.

"Let's get to the Pokémon Center and head out to Celadon City," Sora said. "I need my Pokémon to heal up before we set off to win my fourth badge."

"And I bet that'll be great!" Sophocles said.

"Yeah!" everyone said in unison.

Once Sora's Pokémon were healed up, they set off to the Rock Tunnel outside of Cerulean City in order to reach Celadon City.

Elsewhere, Riku and Eevee wondered the streets and saw who he was supposed to meet. A boy with blonde hair and green eyes. His hair is shaved on the sides with a rip design carved into it. He has long tousled bangs that cover his forehead. He wears a grey hooded shirt with a red decoration on it, some black slashed sleeves, slashed black pants and red shoes with grey soles and black laces. He also has a red rectangular bag around his waist.

"Hello Gladion," Riku greeted.

"Hey Riku," Gladion greeted.

I was originally going to have just Sora and Kairi just travel alone together, but I figured that Lillie and the Trail Captains joining the two of them would be a fun idea. I also added Acerola, Illima, Mina, and Hapu with the group because I felt like they deserved a bigger role. Wonder how this'll turn out. Just wait and find out.